• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia 40XX Super Series being revealed next week

Puscifer

Might just be sticking with this 2060super another year lol
Craziest thing I ever did was purchase a 4080 even with like 800 dollars in gift cards it just felt slimy but honestly with my PS5 and PC I feel like I'm officially going to be a retro gamer, the appeal is understandable these days everything feels like a "product"

If these prices are real, I'm leaning towards 4080 Super, unless 4080 gets a drastic price cut to maybe 899 for remaining stocks.
Or would just get 4070 Tissue and call it a day - whichever is easier to get.

Of course, would be looking into reviews first...
If it's only a 100 dollar price cut vs a super don't short change yourself

Last edited:

Codeblew

I wish they would make a card that had 32-48 gb of ram. It doesn't even have to be the highest end gfx wise, would just like a card that I could use for both gaming and AI with larger models.

lachesis

That's a drastic price cut?!

Goddamn people's standards are low.

If Nvidia offers the RTX 4080 Super for $999, they know some people will eat that shit up, and praise Nvidia for "slashing prices".

Even at $999, that is overpriced.

At this point may as well give up hope the '80 series will be under $1k ever again.

Well, I am not happy with the prices that are so high too - but it's not like I can convince Jensen to lower the price by half.
Overpriced, for sure - but It would still most likely be higher performing card to 4070 Ti Super... so I was just saying pricing somewhere in between of 4080 Super and 4070ti Super.
If MSRP 1200 4080 gets priced at 900, that would be good 25% off. Would be better if it's just slightly north of 800 though, considering 4070 ti Super maybe very close to its performance.

Remembering 3080 MSRP at 700, yeah. Those were good days - but everything after that whole pandemic pricing, I am afraid this may be a new norm. :(

But I will also be very happy if the GPU pricing goes down by good 30% in general.

kiphalfton

Well, I am not happy with the prices that are so high too - but it's not like I can convince Jensen to lower the price by half.
Overpriced, for sure - but It would still most likely be higher performing card to 4070 Ti Super... so I was just saying pricing somewhere in between of 4080 Super and 4070ti Super.
If MSRP 1200 4080 gets priced at 900, that would be good 25% off. Would be better if it's just slightly north of 800 though, considering 4070 ti Super maybe very close to its performance.

Remembering 3080 MSRP at 700, yeah. Those were good days - but everything after that whole pandemic pricing, I am afraid this may be a new norm. :(

But I will also be very happy if the GPU pricing goes down by good 30% in general.

A big part of the fault lies with the people reselling graphics cards on eBay.

I get why people flipped 3000 series cards, since you could easily double your money in some cases. Now even with the RTX 4090 being the most sought after card, the people selling them for $2100-$2200 are only making maybe 15% profit after taxes, fees, and shipping. Which translates to a couple hundred dollars in profit.

Bojji

mr-bean-waiting.gif

Celcius

°Temp. member
Won't it make the 4090 seem overpriced (well, even more so) if the 4080 Super is indeed $999?
Has there ever been that large of a price gap between the top two cards?

Celcius

°Temp. member
The leaks were right
Those Twitch upgrades look really interesting as well. 4K 60 fps will be a huge upgrade over the current 1080p.
Also, that 4080 Super FE cooler is now 3 slots like the 4090 right?

Last edited:
When the 40 series was announced I was hoping for a 4080ti to replace my 2080ti but at the prices being asked for even a 4070ti in Canada, fuck it. The 4080S will be over $1400 here.

I'll make concessions and keep holding off. If GPUs are going to cost twice as much, I'll just wait longer between replacing GPUs. I'm still running most games well above what I expected to at this point, and I have plenty of games from 2020 back to the dawn of time I haven't played yet.

Top Bottom