• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4080 review thread

Deanington

Try an entirely new HDMI cable between the GPU and C2, certified 48Gbps, and remove any kind of adapters. This is a common cause if intermittent black screens.

Good suggestion, I recently swapped my set up and had to get an 8 foot cable versus my 4 ft. They are both Rocketfish 8k 48gb certified from Best Buy. I will try the 4ft cable. The thing that sucks is that I cant replicate the issues though.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 graphics cards receive a newer GPU SKU, which changes the requirement for PCB design and is expected to lower manufacturing costs.

To date, the AD103-300-A1 SKU has been distributed by the company to power GeForce RTX 4080 graphics cards. A new AD103-301 SKU will, however, be used to power the RTX 4080 cards the company intends to ship to its AIBs and possibly use in the reference design. The GPU performance and power envelope should remain unchanged with the 301 update.The ‘251’ GPU will enter mass production a few weeks after ‘250’, and it will require ‘a few less components’, claims our source. In the end this should lower the cost of the GPU, but not significantly.

//DEVIL//

i just cant stomach these GPU prices.

see if i can get a used 3090 around $500-$600.
yeah, good luck with that. people here in my area asking for almost a 4070 Ti price ( before tax ) for their 3090. claiming it's better than 4070 ti because 24 gigs lol.

The only advantage the 3090 really has over 4070TI is in video/production maybe ? but then again the encoder is much better in the 4000 series so...shrugs.

in reality, the update won't really affect the prices of the production much. like almost nothing. BUT Nvidia can use that as an excuse to lower the price of the 4080 officially if they want.

If the price of the 4080 didn't go down with the new board then Nvidia has no intention whatsoever to lower the price of the 4080 till probably close to the 5080 and people should give up hope lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom