• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4060 Ti review thread

winjer

Gold Member

average-fps-2560-1440.png

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Sucks that only worthwhile Ada Lovelace cards are 4090 and 4070Ti, if one is just fucking powerful and second one has good price/power ration + both of them have that nvidia premium experience of not needing to...alright enough with the jokes.

They fucked up and I do believe 4090 is fucking amazing.

T4keD0wN

It barely beats a 3060ti. Feels like they are banking on their customers not noticing theyve moved their naming scheme by multiple tiers this gen. By 2 or 3 tiers when looking at 4070ti and this card.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

This whole generation has been a turd , both from Nvidia and AMD . 4090 is the only card that actually drive the industry forward , but it's still way too expensive and huge .

Zones

Reminder that this GPU alone costs as much as a PS5 Digital Edition.

Not only the PS5 is more powerful, but it comes with a CPU, PSU, MB, twice as much VRAM, a controller and everything you'd need to start playing games right away.

P.S. I truly absolutely do believe that if you want to go with PC, just go with a PC that's significantly more powerful than a console to get the best experience and feel the advantages of gaming on a PC, but if you are thinking of going with a subpar GPU like this one, then do yourself a favor and just get a console.

hlm666

Surely providing good reasons for everyone to just stick to consoles.
The amusing thing is the shit powering the switch should have been a failure but they managed to get it in a console that is approaching sales numbers that are making the ps2 record start looking in trouble. Every time they fuck up instead of going directly to jail do not pass go they seem to get go directly to go skip jail and get another free 200. It's frankly incredible how none of their competitors ever seem to capitalize on their screw ups.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
17% upgrade is pretty nuts. Why would any 3060 Ti owner pay $500 to get 8 more fps?

2060 was 59% more powerful than the 1060 and it was only $350.

3060 Ti was 32% faster than the 2060 Super and it was $399.

They fucked up and I do believe 4090 is fucking amazing.
I dont think its that amazing tbh. It is only 45% faster than the 3090 Ti. Whereas, the 3090 Ti was 75% faster than the 2080 Ti, the 20 series flagship. Not to mention it got a fake $150 price increase.

I think Nvidia fucked up with the Ada Lovelace. The 4090 is performing like a 80Ti series card. It shouldve been sold as a 4080 Ti for $1,200 while the 4080 shouldve sold for $700. 4070 Ti $600, 4070 $500 and 4060 Ti $300.

Leonidas

You can pick up a Digital PS5 for $399...these GPUs are a joke.
This GPU is a bit more powerful than the PS5 GPU.
Reminder that this GPU alone costs as much as a PS5 Digital Edition.

Not only the PS5 is more powerful, but it comes with a CPU, PSU, MB, twice as much VRAM, a controller and everything you'd need to start playing games right away.
It's not. The PS5 GPU is weaker.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
17% upgrade is pretty nuts. Why would any 3060 Ti owner pay $500 to get 8 more fps?

2060 was 59% more powerful than the 1060 and it was only $350.

3060 Ti was 32% faster than the 2060 Super and it was $399.

I dont think its that amazing tbh. It is only 45% faster than the 3090 Ti. Whereas, the 3090 Ti was 75% faster than the 2080 Ti, the 20 series flagship. Not to mention it got a fake $150 price increase.

I think Nvidia fucked up with the Ada Lovelace. The 4090 is performing like a 80Ti series card. It shouldve been sold as a 4080 Ti for $1,200 while the 4080 shouldve sold for $700. 4070 Ti $600, 4070 $500 and 4060 Ti $300.
I am speaking from a technology standpoint, which well you can say for whole Ada Lovelace series cards, but 4090 has the horsepower to make it works. Obviously nothing will be in games, because devs nowadays gives zero fucks about technology...

DaGwaphics

Wow, this is a lot worse than I had figured.

Yikes. I knew they were marketing this at 1080p but I didn't realize that the entire performance gain would evaporate at 1440p. I can't see why they even bother with the 16GB version with how bad this performs at 1440p. AMD must really be licking their chops here, the 7700xt likely completely obliterates this card if they get anywhere near the 6800 with it. With budget 1440p being the most important market of the moment, the door is definitely open here.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the 4060 really does before even making a guess about it.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

That will probably depend on resolution, as this card loses more performance than usual, as resolution goes up.
It also depends on how much vram a game uses. The PS5 has 16GB of memory in a unified pool.

But still, you are comparting a console released 3 years ago, to a GPU released today.
The performance of this card, for 400$ is pathetic.

Zones

That's not how it works really. I mean just look at something like 3070 already, which is a lot more powerful than the PS5 GPU on paper, and yet we are already seeing that GPU struggle due to the 8GB limitation (and abundant crappy optimization seen on many recent PC games).

In two years time, a $400 lunch PS5 DE will perform better than this GPU in 95% of the games releasing at that time... would in fact happily bet on that.

Leonidas

We should check at 720p, maybe it even beats it.
I'll stick with the resolution that 2/3 of the Steam hardware survey uses.

That will probably depend on resolution, as this card loses more performance than usual, as resolution goes up.
According to Techpowerup it loses 3% at 1440p and 8% at 4K (vs. 3070), it's still faster than PS5 GPU. The PS5 is not within 10% of a 2080 Ti.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It also depends on how much vram a game uses. The PS5 has 16GB of memory in a unified pool.
12.5 gb. the rest is reserved for the OS.

PS5 was indeed outperforming the 3070 in some of the more recent games due to the vram bottlenecks but this shouldnt be an issue for the 16 GB 4060 Ti. Also, TLOU and hogwarts both received patches to improve its vram usage so they are likely outperforming the PS5 as they should.

The PS5 was performing like a 3060 Ti in some AMD sponsored games so if this is indeed 15% more powerful, it should be better than the PS5 especially in ray tracing and if DLSS is enabled.

Top Bottom