• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA not seeding GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB for reviews, AIBs hesitant to participate as well

Spyxos

Gold Member
RTX-4060-TI-16GB-VRAM-HERO-BANNER-1200x459.jpg

NVIDIA has decided not to produce a Founders Edition for the soon-to-be-released RTX 4060 Ti 16GB GPU. However, board parents are still working on making their own models, although the number of cards available may be fewer than anticipated.

Typically, NVIDIA participates in reviews for their new GeForce graphics cards, even if there is no official design from them. Board partners who provide samples to reviewers are required to submit a list of all reviewers and influencers to NVIDIA as part of the typical GPU launch process.

None of the AIBs approached by HardwareUnboxed were willing to do so. Consequently, gamers who were expecting to read reviews on the day of release may encounter difficulties finding them, unless tech reviewers manage to obtain the card through retail channels before the embargo lifts (which has happened in the past).

Hopefully this translates into cratering sales for them. The review thread here is going to be hilarious, as all the Nvidia review threads are.

Buggy Loop

Difference in performance is probably none, outside of a few select cases at 4K where VRAM + frame gen + RT were choking 8GB.

hinch7

Nvidia and its partners know its going to be slaughtered in reviews so that makes sense for them to stealth launch the cards.

Crazy how Nvidia thinks that launching a 50 tier specced card for $500+ is okay today. Never mind how the ecomomy is going in most of the word lol.

I guess they don't care because they're still making bank on selling GPU's to big tech investing in Ai. So DGPU's are probably low priority.

nkarafo

That doesn't spell a lot of confidence in the 4060Ti 16GB.
It's a 500$ card with an 128bit bus and the real world performance of a 50ti tier card most likely. Was there supposed to be any confidence about it in the first place?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I wonder if this will cause them to lower their prices... LOL just kidding I know that is not possible.

But MAYBE they will at least improve the quality of the 5XXX series.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Their handling of everything below the 4080 has been a shitshow. They really need to reevaluate the value proposition of their lower tier cards. Hopefully intel lights a fire under their ass because I have no faith in AMD anymore.

Top Bottom