• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4060 launching on June 29.

Elysium44

Banned
Not so much the architecture. TSMC's N4 is allowing for Ada Lovelace to clock much higher than Ampere.

Well for whatever reason, the 4000 series is extremely efficient. (This is the Ti model.)

NVIDIA made big improvements to energy efficiency with their previous GeForce 40 cards, and the RTX 4060 Ti is no exception. With just 160 W, the power supply requirements are minimal, any beige OEM PSU will be able to drive the RTX 4060 Ti just fine, so upgraders can just plop in a new graphics card and they're good to go. Performance per Watt is among the best we've ever seen, similar to RTX 4070, slightly better than RTX 4070 Ti and Radeon RX 7900 XTX; only the RTX 4090 and RTX 4080 are even more energy-efficient.

SolidQ

just 1080p ultra. for 150$ maybe i will buy, but for 330+$, no
564d7d6a703d8d5591d47cc67792b33e.png

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Hopefully Nvidia finally releases a 4000 series card besides the ultra pricey 4090, that’s not a joke.

We’ll see what real world benchmarks look like in a couple days.

Hudo

And AMD selling a card with similar raster (but worse RT and upscaling) at a 10% discount is classic AMD :messenger_confounded:
Yeah, like I was saying, the GPU market is fucked. I do hope that Intel make a high-end competitor next to scare nVidia a bit so they stop selling fucking consumer cards at business card prices (a 4090 for $1500 is fucking ridiculous That card should cost $700 max and the 4080 should cost $500 max).

Leonidas

Hopefully Nvidia finally releases a 4000 series card besides the ultra pricey 4090, that’s not a joke.

We’ll see what real world benchmarks look like in a couple days.
What more is there to know? Should be similar raster to 7600, but with much better RT, better upscaling (DLSS) and much better power efficiency, while costing 11% more.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
What more is there to know? Should be similar raster to 7600, but with much better RT, better upscaling (DLSS) and much better power efficiency, while costing 11% more.

I’m not in the market for a new card, but you don’t look at benchmarks before buying a GPU?

I don’t go by guessing what something should be.

Leonidas

I’m not in the market for a new card, but you don’t look at benchmarks before buying a GPU?

I don’t go by guessing what something should be.
I do, but it seems obvious my "guesses" from publicly known benchmarks won't be too far off the reality.

We know damn well the card will be better at RT, has better upscaling and is more efficient compared to the 7600.

Maybe my raster "guesses" might be off by + or - 5%, what difference would that make?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I do, but it seems obvious my "guesses" from publicly known benchmarks won't be too far off the reality.

We know damn well the card will be better at RT, has better upscaling and is more efficient compared to the 7600.

Maybe my raster "guesses" might be off by + or - 5%, what difference would that make?

You replied to me asking what more is there to know.

Benchmarks. That’s what’s more to know. The publicly known stuff was supplied by Nvidia at set settings.

Leonidas

You replied to me asking what more is there to know.

Benchmarks. That’s what’s more to know. The publicly known stuff was supplied by Nvidia at set settings.
Okay then, my only question to you is, if it turns out as follows

RTX 2080-tier raster (+/- 5%)
much more efficient than 7600
20% better RT than 7600

is it still a joke of a card as you call every 40-series card not named the 4090?

I want to know your response to this now before all the reviews come in where people copy the thoughts of their favorite reviewers :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Okay then, my only question to you is, if it turns out as follows

RTX 2080-tier raster (+/- 5%)
much more efficient than 7600
20% better RT than 7600

is it still a joke of a card as you call every 40-series card not named the 4090?

I want to know your response to this now before all the reviews come in where people copy the thoughts of their favorite reviewers :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I’ll have to see benchmarks. At $300 if you’re talking roughly ballpark performance of a five year old card that retailed for $600, then I’m not impressed.
Hopefully it’s a good bit better. I’d like to see GPU manufacturers start delivering some value, and I’m sure I’m not the only one considering how abysmal GPU sales are.

Last edited:

Amey

Nvidia's not letting reviewers run games above 1080p DLSS balanced. That's like 600p. Lol, How bad is this card really ?

Leonidas

At $300 if you’re talking roughly ballpark performance of a five year old card that retailed for $600, then I’m not impressed.
The 2080 launched at $700-$800 5 years ago. Which in todays money is closer to $850-$960.

Hopefully it’s a good bit better.
The chance of that happening is practically 0%...

I’d like to see GPU manufacturers start delivering some value, and I’m sure I’m not the only one considering how abysmal GPU sales are.
Nvidia has 84% market share.
It's Intel/AMD who have abysmal dGPU shipments, though Intel at least has had their highest dGPU shipments yet last quarter.

Nvidia's not letting reviewers run games above 1080p DLSS balanced. That's like 600p. Lol, How bad is this card really ?
RX 7600-tier, but with much better RT, much more efficient and better upscaling.

simpatico

8GB makes it impossible to recommend. Never that i can remember has a mid level card launched with less vRAM than the standard resolution requires.

Leonidas

PseudoRT doesn't mean nothing for those tier cards. efficient ok, upscaling not much games support this, just not bad bonus
4060 is capable of decent RT, we've seen it already in the Jayz2Cents video with CyberPunk DLSS Quality enabled. Upscaling is in pretty much every demanding game these days.

8GB makes it impossible to recommend. Never that i can remember has a mid level card launched with less vRAM than the standard resolution requires.
4060 Ti and 7600 says hi (both launched last month with 8 GB VRAM).

simpatico

4060 is capable of decent RT, we've seen it already in the Jayz2Cents video with CyberPunk DLSS Quality enabled. Upscaling is in pretty much every demanding game these days.

4060 Ti and 7600 says hi (both launched last month with 8 GB VRAM).
I missed the Ti specs and honestly don't even look at AMD. Sad state all around. Especially with storage prices being decent recently.

YCoCg

The 2080 launched at $700-$800 5 years ago. Which in todays money is closer to $850-$960.
Shit man if we're doing it like that then the 8800 GTX would cost around $880 in todays money and this card runs rings around that, what a bargain from Nvidia!

Leonidas

Shit man if we're doing it like that then the 8800 GTX would cost around $880 in todays money and this card runs rings around that, what a bargain from Nvidia!
I never said it was a bargain, I simply pointed out the error in the post which said RTX 2080 was a $600 card, it most definitely was not a $600 card at launch, you couldn't even buy it at $700 as most cards were selling for at least $750 when it released but most cards matched the FE price of $800.

There are still cards on the market that perform close to 2080 in performance, so it is relevant, and it's only two generations old with a modern feature set and still better RT than AMD's current mid-range GPUs...

Top Bottom