• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nvidia RTX 4000 Adola Lovelace Cards Announced | RTX 4090 (1599$) October 12th | RTX 4080 (1199$)

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
These are the official stats from ASUS themselves.
357.6 x 149.3 x 70.1mm

The 5000T can relatively easily fit a 150mm GPU in that space.
Unless the adapter that came with your card is like 0 gauge or something, it shouldnt be a problem fitting the card in a 5000D.

Like it wouldnt even be a tight fit....you would have tons of space.

You know what you might be right and I'll need to take another look at it. The thing is massive but it's not that much bigger than the zotac 3090 ti. Might have jumped the gun In my excitement. Apologies.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
These are the official stats from ASUS themselves.
357.6 x 149.3 x 70.1mm

The 5000T can relatively easily fit a 150mm GPU in that space.
Unless the adapter that came with your card is like 0 gauge or something, it shouldnt be a problem fitting the card in a 5000D.

Like it wouldnt even be a tight fit....you would have tons of space.

Not when you stick a power adapter in the side of the card, which shouldn't be bent out of the way, which means you can't put the side panel back on after installing it.

Rbk_3

Maybe I'm off then but it's honestly huge. Maybe it would fit fine. I just didn't feel confident from looking at it.

Here's a pic of them side by side.

eUcqczE.jpg

Hopefully you are off with something, I have been eyeing the Aorus Master and it is 14mm wider than the Strix.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This card is the exact same width and also comes with an adapter; installed in the exact same case:
joQynwhA4S9rkFNwyREgWQ-1200-80.jpg

A

Thats plenty of space.

Yeah, maybe I'm losing it. Apologies all for the confusion. It just threw me off when I had them together. I haven't actually tried installing it in my case i was just eyeballing it but the zotac was in it so maybe it will be fine.

going by those above images it should easily fit.
HlOuDQ7.jpg

Last edited:

Bubba77

yea unfortunetly I built my new 7950x build without really thinking I need much more space than my current 3090. So only the FE 4090 will fit for me. Guess ill have to "settle" for that

kiphalfton

I have a 4090 Rog Strix here with me and it wont fit in my Corsair 5000T. This thing is ludicrous! I cant use it

Its honestly mind blowing how big these cards are. The length isnt the issue.....its the girth...You cant close the side panel glass or place your side panel on due to the height/girth and with that connector....No way I'm bending a cable to try.

Then don't put the side panel on.

The 5000T has a glass panel, so this is a completely retarded issue you're complaining about.

Also girth is essentially tmeasured by looking at the cross section of the card, and taking the perimeter. The thickness is not the "issue" (as there's 7 fucking slots), it's the width. But I think you just want to keep saying "girth".

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Then don't put the side panel on.

The 5000T has a glass panel, so this is a completely retarded issue you're complaining about.

Also girth is essentially measured by looking at the cross section of the card, and taking the perimeter. The thickness is not the "issue" (as there's 7 fucking slots), it's the width. But I think you just want to keep saying "girth".

What's wrong with girth lolol...how is it not worth complaining about IF it doesn't fit and you can't close the side panel.

That's weird.

lachesis

Just looking at my FT02 case, I don't think I can fit anything over 304mm... (meaning I would have to choose FE 4080 12gb)

Well, as much as I love the case, I ran its course I guess. Probably need a new case for next build...

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Kopite Kimis predictions are eerily accurate.

This guy clearly works for an AIB....his leaks are too too on point.
3D Mark Benchmarks leaking a few days early show he was right on the money with pretty much everything. (The 4070#2 will likely actually be 6144 CUDA cores but 10GB at 160bit 9000 TSE score if we are lucky, so basically a 3080'10G, no wonder Nvidia dont even want to acknowledge it).

Kimis rumors and possible 3D Mark scores:
U5kuLwZ.jpg

Actual Benchmark results:
0vkg3Lc.jpg

The 4090 is scoring near exactly double the 3090.
Might have to do some saving till the 4080Ti'20G maybe I get lucky and find a 4090 for cheap, else imma wait for 20G.
Cuz as impressive as the score is for the 4080'16G.....its not as big a leap as I would have hoped for.

The 4080 12G is gonna look so bad.
Just get a 3080Ti or 3080'12G for cheap....unless you really really really need DLSS3-Frame Generation.

Chiggs

can we please stop using "girth" when referring to GPUs... thanks

Can we also maybe start spelling things properly and referring to names correctly?

Case in point:
  • "Auros is "Aorus"
  • "Adola Lovelace" is "Ada Lovelace"
In other threads I've seen "Intel Arch" and "Ryzen 4."

Is there something in the drinking water, GAF? Is Googling too difficult a task?

Last edited:

GHG

Had an eye on new PSU's and cases tonight. Need to set rules for myself or this is going to get out of hand very quickly:
  • Needs to fit my current case with how it's currently set up with my CPU AIO cooler.
  • Needs to be ok with my current 750w psu
This is quoted in a review for my current case and made me laugh:

"Vertical GPU mounting is unlimited in the P120 Crystal with its triple-slot vertical expansion slots. Even a triple slot GPU will fit."

Unlimited you say? Little did they know that within 3 years we would be getting these ridiculous 3 and a half plus slot cards. I was looking at the specs for the standard Asus 4080 16GB and its going to be 3.65 slots. So can't mount it vertically because it will be too fat and literally 2mm away from my glass side panel which will result in it suffocating, and it's so long that if I want to install it then I need to try and move my AIO to the bottom of the case or go back to air cooling.

It's getting silly. I'm just going to get a basic 3090 if AMD don't save us.

3D Mark Benchmarks leaking a few days early show he was right on the money with pretty much everything. (The 4070#2 will likely actually be 6144 CUDA cores but 10GB at 160bit 9000 TSE score if we are lucky, so basically a 3080'10G, no wonder Nvidia dont even want to acknowledge it).

U5kuLwZ.jpg

0vkg3Lc.jpg

Might have to do some saving till the 4080Ti'20G maybe I get lucky and find a 4090 for cheap, else imma wait for 20G.
Cuz as impressive as the score is for the 4080'16G.....its not as big a leap as I would have hoped for.

Just get a 3080Ti or 3080'12G for cheap....unless you really really really need DLSS3-Frame Generation.

Unless they are working some serious black magic those memory bandwidth numbers are worrying from the perspective of someone who wants to upgrade primarily for 4k and VR usage. If the estimated timespy score for the 4080 12gb is correct then that slots in right where I need it to but the bandwidth kills it for me because unless they have a foolproof workaround (cache or something), I know that thing will run into issues when pushed at higher resolutions.

It stinks of one of those situations where they are doing what they need to do for Synthetic benchmarks for marketing brownie points but in real world gaming at anything over 1440p last gens cards will outperform it.

Last edited:
Had an eye on new PSU's and cases tonight. Need to set rules for myself or this is going to get out of hand very quickly:
  • Needs to fit my current case with how it's currently set up with my CPU AIO cooler.
  • Needs to be ok with my current 750w psu
This is quoted in a review for my current case and made me laugh:

"Vertical GPU mounting is unlimited in the P120 Crystal with its triple-slot vertical expansion slots. Even a triple slot GPU will fit."

Unlimited you say? Little did they know that within 3 years we would be getting these ridiculous 3 and a half plus slot cards. I was looking at the specs for the standard Asus 4080 16GB and its going to be 3.65 slots. So can't mount it vertically because it will be too fat and literally 2mm away from my glass side panel which will result in it suffocating, and it's so long that if I want to install it then I need to try and move my AIO to the bottom of the case or go back to air cooling.

It's getting silly. I'm just going to get a basic 3090 if AMD don't save us.

Unless they are working some serious black magic those memory bandwidth numbers are worrying from the perspective of someone who wants to upgrade primarily for 4k and VR usage. If the estimated timespy score for the 4080 12gb is correct then that slots in right where I need it to but the bandwidth kills it for me because unless they have a foolproof workaround (cache or something), I know that thing will run into issues when pushed at higher resolutions.

It stinks of one of those situations where they are doing what they need to do for Synthetic benchmarks for marketing brownie points but in real world gaming at anything over 1440p last gens cards will outperform it.
Buy a Corsair 1000D

Problem solved.

dave_d

Wow, I never thought when I bought this full tower that I'd see a video card that wouldn't fit so soon.(It only supports 347mm unless I pull out the hard drive cages. I think if I do that then the Blu-Ray drive has to come out too.)

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
My question for people upgrading from 3090s or even 3080s… what are you planning on playing?

Feels like there is no software to justify it this time around. I bought a 3080 to play cyberpunk. 980 to play Witcher 3/ GTAV. We gonna play cyberpunk again in 4k with RTX on this time? Idk. I’m probably gonna buy anyway but it’s harder to justify than it has been in the past.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

L2 Cache on these cards has been increased exponentially gen on gen.
Nvidia never believed in giving their cards large cache, this gen they are finally doing it.
3090-6MB → 4090-96MB
3080-5MB → 4080-64MB
3070-4MB → 4080-48MB

If the 4080'12G scores around 10,000 for 900 dollars MSRP.......1000+ dollars AIB.
Why not just get a 3090Ti or 3090....hell probably even a 3080Ti.

Unless that cache increase and DLSS3-Frame Generation are that much of an improvement in actual games, its over priced because it competes with cards that are currently cheaper than it with double the VRAM?

GHG

Wow, I never thought when I bought this full tower that I'd see a video card that wouldn't fit so soon.(It only supports 347mm unless I pull out the hard drive cages. I think if I do that then the Blu-Ray drive has to come out too.)

In a rational world 347mm is plenty, you say "only" as if it's not.

Honestly I think it's pathetic that everyone is being put in a position where new cases are required along with potentially PSU's. Some case manufacturers are also royally fucked because they didn't design with these ~14 inch cards.

L2 Cache on these cards has been increased exponentially gen on gen.
Nvidia never believed in giving their cards large cache, this gen they are finally doing it.
3090-6MB → 4090-96MB
3080-5MB → 4080-64MB
3070-4MB → 4080-48MB

If the 4080'12G scores around 10,000 for 900 dollars MSRP.......1000+ dollars AIB.
Why not just get a 3090Ti or 3090....hell probably even a 3080Ti.

Unless that cache increase and DLSS3-Frame Generation are that much of an improvement in actual games, its over priced because it competes with cards that are currently cheaper than it with double the VRAM?

Unless AMD deliver the goods I'm 99% certain I'm going for a 3090 from EVGA or Asus. Its not only a case of double the VRAM either, that VRAM gets all the bandwidth it needs without compromise.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

My question for people upgrading from 3090s or even 3080s… what are you planning on playing?

Feels like there is no software to justify it this time around. I bought a 3080 to play cyberpunk. 980 to play Witcher 3/ GTAV. We gonna play cyberpunk again in 4k with RTX on this time? Idk. I’m probably gonna buy anyway but it’s harder to justify than it has been in the past.

Same feeling here, feel no game really needs the GPU. We need more actual must have games.

Neo_game

There are some people who simply buy the latest and greatest stuff for no reason. Buy the time next CP or GTA VI or so game is released Nvidia, AMD would likely sell these people couple of more cards.

twilo99

Switching to TSMC was a huge win for Nvidia.

I think the 4090 is going to perform extremely well compared to 3090, not just speed, but overall performance and efficiency.

There are some people who simply buy the latest and greatest stuff for no reason. Buy the time next CP or GTA VI or so game is released Nvidia, AMD would likely sell these people couple of more cards.
We've discussed this already multiple times in this thread alone. There are legit reasons to buy such a card, even for gaming purposes only. At this point I don't know if people are trolling or just that unimaginative / unable to think outside their own bubble of use cases.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
So essentially you want an 4090 equivalent AMD card for $700 bucks just to consider buying it?

The shit Nvidiots come up with man. Just admit you're a fanboy and be done with it.
i'm confident amd's offerings will be cheaper but lmao, 4090 performance for 700 bucks is a pipe dream that would never happen not even back in the 2000s when you could get a high end GPU for 400 dollars.

The 90 series are basically render beast cards, getting those for a couple hundred is a joke. With that being said the 4090 is a fucking disappointment and it isnt much more impressive than an 80 series which they branded with a 90 series rating

All i want from AMD is superior raster performance, comparable RT, VRAM amounts actually suited for gaming in the 2020s (8 and 10 gb may have worked in 2018, not today though) cards that aren't the size of a console, and less power usage. Drivers, DLSS, whatever the fuck... i don't care. They're cherries on top of the cake at most, but they're overpriced cherries.

twilo99

Forget about AMD at the high end, the value proposition won't be there, the 4080 territory is where they have a chance to provide us with some value.

Fredrik

I have a 3070 Ti and nope if I stop and think I can’t justify an upgrade. 4K in Cyberpunk is definitely out of reach but I could play at lower res or lower some settings and keep playing.

But the whole justify your purchase line of thought is so tiresome in the age of ever increasing expensive life styles. It’s not like you can ever justfy buying a new car just to transport your ass from point A to B, or a new iPhone, or an OLED TV, or even new clothes unless they’re broken but even that is a stretch.

For me it’s simple, it’s about investing in a hobby. And I plan to take this time to upgrade the whole computer, and well, staying on the same graphics card is boring. That’s all there is to it.

I still find the prices absurd, no doubt, and I hope I’m strong enough to not jump in and play the button masher game on 4090 launch day to try clicking confirm purchase faster than scalper bots. I want to see if AMD show something good, I want to see detailed reviews, noise tests, full system PSU power requirements, DLSS3 and FSR3 comparisons. Etc.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

U5kuLwZ.jpg

0vkg3Lc.jpg

Yeah, he's definitely in with someone. Not sure how he is getting away with it haha.

Im right with you with this gen i feel i need the 4090 but i need one thats going to fit in my case, perform well and not cost too damn much. I could probs stretch to 1300 to 1400 if I can get a card that performs as good as early indications are teasing.
At this rate we might all be best off just getting test benches.

Dude, the strix is on a test bed right now haha. I have loads of pics I would love to share of it in a motherboard but I don't think anyone is sharing those right now.

I feel your pain on this release. They are big berthas and require a lot of planning forethought that I didn't expect.

Last edited:

Rbk_3

Yeah, he's definitely in with someone. Not sure how he is getting away with it haha.

Im right with you with this gen i feel i need the 4090 but i need one thats going to fit in my case, perform well and not cost too damn much. I could probs stretch to 1300 to 1400 if I can get a card that performs as good as early indications are teasing.

Dude, the strix is on a test bed right now haha. I have loads of pics I would love to share of it in a motherboard but I don't think anyone is sharing those right now.

I feel your pain on this release. They are big berthas and require a lot of planning forethought that I didn't expect.
Are you a reviewer that has signed an NDA? If not you can show what ever the hell you want.

Some guys showed it in case in a motherboard in their unboxing

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Zotac has their cards on their page with prices. The "OC" model is factory overclocked to have a boost clock of 2535 MHz vs the base of 2520. A whopping 15 MHz or 0.6%. This tiny tweak costs 50 bucks and it will be validated as utterly meaningless when you can only find the OC model available. I get that it might involve a tweaked curve to some extent but this is cleary just a lame justification for a small price increase. 50 bucks is not really noticeable. Back in 2020 you could get Zotac cards tax free outside of CA but needed to pay quite a bit for shipping. I think you could save that 50 bucks on tax and get the bas OC for the same you'd pay for an FE with tax and free shipping if your state's sales tax was >=6%

Newegg has the ASUS TUF OC version listed at 200 bucks over the base TUF Model at MSRP. It currently does not give a number to reference for the OC, but FFS 200 bucks for a factory OC when the hardware is identical to your base model!!? Maybe the Newegg price is wrong or ASUS might change it, but they had so many people willing to pay 20 or 30% more for STRIX cards that I think they are addicted to treating the market like morons. I would take an ASUS TUF card as a second choice to an FE because I game on a TV and having a second HDMI port might be useful in the off chance the main one gets damaged. But if I am looking at 200 bucks just to buy their MSRP card that has one setting in the BIOS tweaked by less than 1% they can fuck the fuck off for all of their products.

I get that fancy AIBs can perform better because their designers push margins at an added component expense, but paying up to 25% more for this is nuts. It was less nuts when the cost to enter was what it was 10 years ago. Now it is fucking insane. These AIBs are adding some value but then they are applying Nvidia's pricing curve to that incremental increase and because the cards are so fucking expensive end up trying to charge hundreds for what used to cost 50 bucks.

Buggy Loop

Zotac has their cards on their page with prices. The "OC" model is factory overclocked to have a boost clock of 2535 MHz vs the base of 2520. A whopping 15 MHz or 0.6%. This tiny tweak costs 50 bucks and it will be validated as utterly meaningless when you can only find the OC model available. I get that it might involve a tweaked curve to some extent but this is cleary just a lame justification for a small price increase. 50 bucks is not really noticeable. Back in 2020 you could get Zotac cards tax free outside of CA but needed to pay quite a bit for shipping. I think you could save that 50 bucks on tax and get the bas OC for the same you'd pay for an FE with tax and free shipping if your state's sales tax was >=6%

Newegg has the ASUS TUF OC version listed at 200 bucks over the base TUF Model at MSRP. It currently does not give a number to reference for the OC, but FFS 200 bucks for a factory OC when the hardware is identical to your base model!!? Maybe the Newegg price is wrong or ASUS might change it, but they had so many people willing to pay 20 or 30% more for STRIX cards that I think they are addicted to treating the market like morons. I would take an ASUS TUF card as a second choice to an FE because I game on a TV and having a second HDMI port might be useful in the off chance the main one gets damaged. But if I am looking at 200 bucks just to buy their MSRP card that has one setting in the BIOS tweaked by less than 1% they can fuck the fuck off for all of their products.

I get that fancy AIBs can perform better because their designers push margins at an added component expense, but paying up to 25% more for this is nuts. It was less nuts when the cost to enter was what it was 10 years ago. Now it is fucking insane. These AIBs are adding some value but then they are applying Nvidia's pricing curve to that incremental increase and because the cards are so fucking expensive end up trying to charge hundreds for what used to cost 50 bucks.

I’m pretty sure for Asus OC versus non OC versions they pick the better binned chips. Strix version picks an even better tier.

I find overclocking completely useless, I actually undervolt. But that’s the story behind OC cards at least..

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If I can get the tuf for close to founders edition pricing I may go for that.

Or it looks like I'll have to go for a founders. I just hope performance isn't too far off an AIB like the strix.

I’m pretty sure for Asus OC versus non OC versions they pick the better binned chips. Strix version picks an even better tier.

I find overclocking completely useless, I actually undervolt. But that’s the story behind OC cards at least..
Asus generally only produces the non OC version in extremely limited quantity (probably because of contractual obligations to offer a card at MSRP) and unless you get incredibly lucky your only option will be the 200 bucks more expensive OC version with barely improved performance

Top Bottom