• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia roadmap shows GeForce RTX 5000 cards set for 2025

nikos

As someone who went from a 2080 Ti -> 3080 -> 3080 Ti -> 4090, I'm OK with this. Those felt like they came and went pretty quickly.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Every 2 years or so is pretty typical, and it seems like Ada adoption is particularly sluggish so it would be foolish to launch sooner than that, I think.

I know some people think the sooner moving on from Ada the better, but itt important to remember that this is mostly a pricing problem and prices will fall. With the exception of the 4060 cards, Ada cards are solid they're just overpriced.

Buggy Loop

Holding on to the 3080 Ti at ultrawide 1440p, should be good. 5000 series I think I’ll buy 5900 if it’s the same price range or close to 4090

I think the generational leap will be mind boggling. Likely to focus on path tracing + neural radiance cache + neural volume denoiser + improved frame gen. And of course MCM.

GHG

Genuinely curious, has the 4090 been struggle to run titles at a reasonable frame rate and resolution?

I plan on building my first PC this year with a 4090, go hard or go home is my approach.

It's a genuine 4k 120fps card without compromises.

The only game that's made my 4090 sweat is Cyberpunk with the path traced stuff all amped up (via a mod to make it all go above and beyond the default settings) but even that it's handled just fine (60fps with DLSS).

If you're running at 4k and you want to just be able to max everything out and not worry about anything then it's the only card you should consider.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Nice I got a 4090 so I was going to skip the next generation... but if its delayed a year Ill pounce on this at launch. Yassssssss

CLW

successor to the 1000 is the 2000
2000 is the 3000
3000 is the 4000

"We've seen a few rumors recently claiming that Nvidia's successor to the RTX 4000 series, expected to be called the RTX 5000"

That part of the rumor seems sound
I heard the next PlayStation console will be called PlayStation 6

Source: Trust me Bro

Top Bottom