• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix announces its Resident Evil series cast. Guess what?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
This movie is going to be crap or just so-so. It's Netflix and by the same company as the previous movies.

Doesn't matter if Wesker is white, black, native American, Asian, etc... It'll still be wack and Lance Reddick is going to be the best thing about it.

Question... Is it going to be crap because of the race bending or the story?
As if I give a crap about "race bending". Batman and Superman can be Black or Asian for all I care. This will likely suck because I bet their main focus was to be super diverse (even though it isn't because there is only one dude!). It's also Netflix. They rarely put out anything good anymore and it's based on a zombie video game.

I'm more upset there is only one dude and he is the bad guy lol

sol_bad

This thread turned into a debate about real life historical figures? IMO they should never be race swapped and should be true to life.

Fictional characters are a different beast for me. And for me personally it depends on the character. In the off topic thread I thought the thread was about the CGI show and not a real life show. Now knowing that it's a live action show I do find it weird to hire Lance Reddick as Wesker, very weird to be honest. He is a great actor though and I love him in everything he appears on so I'll set me doubts aside and still check the show out.

As another example, I'm perfectly fine with a show like Bridgerton being very diverse as I consider it as a more fantasy-ish setting, not based on true history.

Top Bottom