• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix announces its Resident Evil series cast. Guess what?

Gp1

The synopsis:
"In the first timeline, 14-year-old sisters Jade and Billie Wesker are moved to New Raccoon City. A manufactured, corporate town, forced on them right as adolescence is in full swing. But the more time they spend there, the more they come to realize that the town is more than it seems and their father may be concealing dark secrets. Secrets that could destroy the world.

Cut to the second timeline, well over a decade into the future: there are less than fifteen million people left on Earth. And more than six billion monsters — people and animals infected with the T-virus. Jade, now thirty, struggles to survive in this New World, while the secrets from her past—about her sister, her father and herself—continue to haunt her."

Ok, the guy is great in The Wire, John Wick and even his voice in Destiny 2 is great.

But Albert Wesker? The Resident Evil "almostnazi" eugenic übermenschen villain? Really Netflix?

Last edited:

skneogaf

I laughed so much when I saw this!

I love Lance but why on earth should he be Albert wesker?

Sureif they wanted him in it, they could have made up a character.

I hate actual people/characters from history or things being changed just to fit today's agenda.

I wonder what the actors and actresses think when they're told they're being cast as a character that is as far different as you can possibly be.

Last edited:

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
Season 1 Reaction GIF by The Office

Cravis

Oh wow, so the t virus can change your race as well as turn you into a hideous fucking monster?

Netflix what are you trying to tell us?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I don’t pay attention to horror film casts they end up dying anyway, resident evils main problem at least in the games is figuring out pace and action together.

Kimahri

Banned
People are going to return to this thread when the show is out and say that Lance Reddick was the best thing about the show, same as Isaac in Netflix's Castlevania.

I wouldn't be surprised. He's great in everything he's in.

But fuck this dumb shit. Wesker isn't black. Gtfo

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
If you're upset that a person who doesn't exist is going to be black in in a reimagining, you're retarded. Lance Reddick is the mother fucking man.

FunkMiller

So, we’re never actually going to get Resident Evil in live action are we?

First time around it was one giant excuse for a moron to show off his wife, second time around it’s one giant excuse for a collection of people to signal their virtue.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
My god, what is this shit? Are there even any resident evil characters in that? And no, Wesker isn't a black guy, as much as I like Lance Reddick in his previous roles. I'm not even sure sol_bad sol_bad and ManaByte ManaByte will like this, and they love everything Hollywood tells them to love.

Last edited:

belmarduk

I don't think anyone would argue the guy can't act. He is a fantastic actor. Hell, I'm not even mad at him for taking the role, I'd take it too. Just don't like the pandering.

Wesker is a fictional character and nowhere in his backstory is it particularly relevant that he's white. There's really no reason he can't be played by a black actor. Perhaps the people who cast this series thought he would be best for the role? Maybe he will make a fantastic Wesker. You don't know as you have not seen the series.

Top Bottom