• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Star-Lord

When people you disagree with use the empathy reaction thinking it means cry and they inadvertently make themselves look like they are actually agreeing with you.

7342de8773ddaceaf4de4d2b7f86cd85.gif
That’s not what it means?

Shit, time to go through my reaction history.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
rvcoYQg.png

Holy fucking shit, the lack of self awareness.

qnAQUs8.gif

Metagaf gold right here boys.
This doesnt make sense btw lol.

I did get under your skin. You started posting about me in multiple threads (yes I am slightly creeped out) So I shared that here. It's quite self aware but I think it went over your head lmao.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Who the fuck is this guy?
Wait, are we supposed to all know each other here?

I caused a Nush meltdown (gifs, emojis galore, fake laughing, posting about me in multiple threads, the whole 9 yards) by asking him to tag a spoiler. He started posting about me in this thread as a way to vent his anger and I followed him to watch it all burn.

Cool you are sticking up for him, sight unseen though. That's a good friend.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
You mean to tell me that a community in a community thread actually knowing each other is weird? You got issues, brother.
No. Subtle difference there. Sleep on it.

Knowing each other = not weird.

Acting surprised because you dont know who another poster is = ehh kinda weird.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Well, we’re a weird fucking bunch here. You not being weird makes you weird. So your notion of being creeped out by the weirdness means you creep yourself out. And that’s really fucking weird.
Hmm I do see the logic. Fair enough then.

Nush got corrected by a mod and had his spoiler tagged, after having a meltdown about it, so I'll take the victory and leave you to your little community.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
But by getting you to leave our community, we claimed the victory. So…
Spicy. I like the territorial internet thread thing you have going.

In the future, if you post about someone in a thread, expect them to pop by. I'm just glad Nush got corrected by the mods.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
When people you disagree with use the empathy reaction thinking it means cry and they inadvertently make themselves look like they are actually agreeing with you.

7342de8773ddaceaf4de4d2b7f86cd85.gif
You don't like the console warrior posse's thinking they're so clever with the empathy emoji? It's a "discord thing" teehee.
lemmings GIF

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
You don't like the console warrior posse's thinking their so clever with the empathy emoji?
lemmings GIF
Yeah, but you gotta realize the more you react to it, the more it is going to happen.

When people bring it up, they are clearly annoyed, despite whatever emojis or memes they may utilize to give the opposite impression. Same with the laugh emoji.

Best not to react to it, if you want it to stop. Just my two cents.

Tschumi

Spicy. I like the territorial internet thread thing you have going.

In the future, if you post about someone in a thread, expect them to pop by. I'm just glad Nush got corrected by the mods.
Hey mate

We're a lot better than the mob that used to crow around here. Sorry you've had the wrong end of the stick but we're all alright and so are you I'm sure.

I've been known to call nush a wanker myself lol and his ideas on Earth's history are zaney as all get out but i still think he's a legend.

Hope you have better experiences here in future.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, but you gotta realize the more you react to it, the more it is going to happen.

When people bring it up, they are clearly annoyed, despite whatever emojis or memes they may utilize to give the opposite impression. Same with the laugh emoji.

Best not to react to it, if you want it to stop. Just my two cents.
I remember when I was in elementary school.

Ionian

I am guilty of this

we need a sticky post to get every one on the same page 😂 bc I don’t know if they are agreeing with it me or pitying me

The name for it is 'empathy', dunno how you missed that. Well, I could see if you didn't read it but it's pretty funny people thinking otherwise. :D

All good though, just funny.

Ionian

I didn’t miss it, and correction, the full technical name of the reaction actually Ailynn Ailynn ’s empathy. I just always get empathy and sympathy mixed up
Yes I know it had to do with Ailynn, I remember when it was introduced but when you hover over it, it says 'empathy'.

Stop being pedantic. haha.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Take a break from the internet man.
Nah, you're not giving me any reason to. My post was fine. If someone is getting territorial about a thread, they're the person who needs a break from the internet.
Not sure what your goal was with this post, to be honest. Party is already over.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Which one? There are a ton of rage posts in here and I can't be arsed to read them all. Lighten up, brother. NeoGAF is supposed to be fun.
Look, I'm sort of over this, and you're apparently trying to dredge it back up. Let's take your own advice, drop it. and have fun. It's been over for hours and the mods already helped settle it. Not interested, sorry.

Top Bottom