• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Low Roar front man and Death Stranding contributor Ryan Karazija passes away at 40

ParaSeoul

Low Roar founder and lead singer Ryan Karazija, known for his large contributions to the Death Stranding soundtrack, has passed away.

A statement on the band’s social media platforms reads: “Ryan Karazija, front man and driving force behind Low Roar, has died at age 40.
“His beautiful music and lyrics, sung in his haunting voice have touched the lives of so many people all over the world, and will continue to do so.
“He was a kind and beautiful soul and our worlds are shattered by the loss of him. May we honour his memory through his art and hold him forever in his songs.
“The sixth Low Roar record was already underway and will be completed and released when it is ready. Please respect his family’s privacy at this incredibly difficult time.”

MiguelItUp

Absolutely horrible. RIP. He was extremely talented, and so young... 😢

I'm so glad I was able to catch them live here years ago. It was the only time they came through as far as I know.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
loved the Low Roar songs in Death Stranding. Sad news indeed, far too young to die. Hopefully his art remains with us a long time. :messenger_anguished:

Like many, I was introduced to his music through Death Stranding. Amazing music and perfectly used in the game given its aesthetic. May he Rest In Peace.

One of the most beautifully written songs:

Efe

Sad news, RIP Ryan Karazija :( I was just playing DS yesterday and I unlocked a LR song after a mission.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Not my type of music but some of the songs suited well the game.
40 is way too young to die.
R.I.P

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
If they don't want to say it, it's most likely drugs. Which tragic at his age, but also personal choice, which seems better than by being hit by train, I guess I view that differently with what I experienced.

Rest in Peace and thank you for your music.

Last edited:

Thief1987

If they don't want to say it, it's most likely drugs. Which tragic at his age, but also personal choice, which seems better than by being hit by train, I guess I view that differently with what I experienced.

Rest in Peace and thank you for your music.
It was already disclosed - complications of pneumonia.

Moochi

You get a repeated infection that overwhelms your body's immune system, then you develop sepsis, which spreads to other organs. At that point it's a failure cascade as your organs die and there's really no treating you.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You get a repeated infection that overwhelms your body's immune system, then you develop sepsis, which spreads to other organs. At that point it's a failure cascade as your organs die and there's really no treating you.

Absolutely rough. Feel for the family and him.

MiguelItUp

Please define "complications". You shouldn't die from pneumonia at 40 yeard old.
I mean, the term "complications" and its meaning should be enough to define enough honestly. I don't think anyone is going to get more details aside from that, other than direct family and others. Those details aren't really our business.

"Ryan suffered from a short illness and died due to pneumonia complications."

ARK1391

This sucks. Low Roars music was something special. He will be missed. The world has lost one of music's great composers.

RIP Ryan.

Top Bottom