• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

35fe472f0f9f3d838e6b8a2eade89107.jpg
She is indeed a piranha.
Inhumans are relevant. They are a core integral part of the Marvel... hey wait, where are you going? Stop, I'm serious! They're very import--WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?

I think the current Inhuman book is pretty cool. Guess I don't really understand some of the animosity towards Marvel pushing a lesser known property that some seem to have.

hanging out with a friend yesterday and his little 3 yr old daughter asks if that's spiderman (I have a spidey phone cover). I say yes and ask who else does she like and answers Batman.

I tell my friend hes done good so far

Messi

Inhumans are relevant. They are a core integral part of the Marvel... hey wait, where are you going? Stop, I'm serious! They're very import--WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?

You won't be laughing when the mcu movie hits and they become the hottest shit around. See Guardians.

Kamala is totally going to be in that movie.

Boogiepop

Heyo~
It's been a while since I read the old issues but the issues collected in Vol. 7 were good, but IMO it peaks with the events of Vol. 8, so it may help to read them back to back.
I'll try to re-read those issues and give feedback, but from what I can recall Scourge wouldn't show up in the main book after the events in those 2 TPBs, he would then get a story arc in Sonic Universe and then the whole reboot occurs.

I would be more help if i knew what stories were in it. Sonic is one of the only things I read book by book. Instead of collections

Yeah, 7 is "The Dark Mirror," which leads into 8 entitled "Hedgehog Havoc". And 7 was pretty fun, love all the alternate universe hijinx. I swear, Scourge isn't a particularly great concept, and he started out as just straight up Greaser Sonic, but I really am fond of him. He got lost to the reboot, right?

And yeah, Universe 8 is "Scourge Lockdown," so I'm correct in assuming it follows up on this Scourge arc? If so it'll be a painful wait, but I'll leave that aside till the next Saga trade comes out.

Tizoc

Yeah, 7 is "The Dark Mirror," which leads into 8 entitled "Hedgehog Havoc". And 7 was pretty fun, love all the alternate universe hijinx. I swear, Scourge isn't a particularly great concept, and he started out as just straight up Greaser Sonic, but I really am fond of him. He got lost to the reboot, right?

And yeah, Universe 8 is "Scourge Lockdown," so I'm correct in assuming it follows up on this Scourge arc? If so it'll be a painful wait, but I'll leave that aside till the next Saga trade comes out.

Ah When you put it that way, Sonic Saga Vol. 8 takes place BEFORE Universe Vol. 8 so read that first :)

You won't be laughing when the mcu movie hits and they become the hottest shit around. See Guardians.

Kamala is totally going to be in that movie.

If Kamala is their way into the Inhumans, story-wise, it's the only way it will do well. Otherwise it will be MCU's first monster bomb. They'd need Kamala to be the audience surrogate and make the movie about her. If it tried to be Game of Thrones with a family no one cares about it will be a disaster.

And don't forget, I was the only person on the Internet to call GotG's gigantic success wayyy ahead of time.

Boogiepop

Ah When you put it that way, Sonic Saga Vol. 8 takes place BEFORE Universe Vol. 8 so read that first :)

Thanks. It's a shame that the Saga trades in particular got delayed so many times though, as otherwise those may have lined up pretty well. As is, Universe 8 shall sit on my shelf unread till like August when Saga 8 comes out. But I shall persevere!

If Kamala is their way into the Inhumans, story-wise, it's the only way it will do well. Otherwise it will be MCU's first monster bomb. They'd need Kamala to be the audience surrogate and make the movie about her. If it tried to be Game of Thrones with a family no one cares about it will be a disaster.

And don't forget, I was the only person on the Internet to call GotG's gigantic success wayyy ahead of time.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2008 (and X-Men, New Avengers/Ultimates) always had a very strong core audience that grew rapidly so there was a lot of hype when their movies hit. Inhumans really doesn't have that. For example when Guardians hit theaters every nerd and gamer already knew who Rocket Raccoon was because he was prominent in the comics, was a favorite in Marvel vs Capcom, was in several animated series, etc.

Yo, the Inhumans are about as relevant as the Legion of Superheroes but somehow less marketable.

Just let me keep the rumor that DC was thinking about a LOSH movie in my heart for a little while longer before reality sets back in.

Guess I don't really understand some of the animosity towards Marvel pushing a lesser known property that some seem to have.

I'm endlessly fascinated by comic Marvel being directed by movie Marvel.

Village

Dude answered but to respond to your scourge thing, scourge is fun because makes everyone he's around look better.Because he is example of what an actual doppelganger would be. And how terrible that actually is, and how inaccurate criticisms lodged at other characters are. I dont know if the humor is that meta, but id like to think someone used him for that purpose. And yeah he's gone so no more green jobbers. Upside a lot of nothing characters got axed too. Like lara su.And that whole arc.

Tizoc

Thanks. It's a shame that the Saga trades in particular got delayed so many times though, as otherwise those may have lined up pretty well. As is, Universe 8 shall sit on my shelf unread till like August when Saga 8 comes out. But I shall persevere!

Waiting for Archie trades is like waiting for DC trades heh :p

Zombine

Banned
I guess Zombine read the chapter with the
7 ft. pole enema

God damn.

What the fuck though? Please tell me Chapter 20 isn't the end...Amazon doesn't have a listing for vol 7, and the last page is a cliffhanger. Please dear god don't be a berserk situation.

ReAxion

Just imagine the post-credit sequence of one of these films. Captain Marvel stands triumphant, as the camera pulls back to reveal she’s one of several posters on a wall full of superheroes. A voice calls out, “Kamala, dinner!” as young girl responds: “Coming, Ammi!” We get a glimpse of her scraggly hair before she rushes downstairs, unaware of the adventure that awaits her.

http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/17/power-responsibility-why-ms.-marvel-matters/

Where do I aim my phone to use Apple Pay, please.

mreddie

Star-Trek-Freak-Out-Reaction-Gif.gif

Yo but for real, the only 3 Inhumans that are relevant are Medusa, Black Bolt, and Lockjaw; and they could easily pass as X-Men.

Like, if you told me they were X-Men I would believe you.

Just have the MCU Inhumans be Blacbolt, Medusa, Crystal and Lockjaw and have Kamala be the character the audience follows, BOOM.

God damn.

What the fuck though? Please tell me Chapter 20 isn't the end...Amazon doesn't have a listing for vol 7, and the last page is a cliffhanger. Please dear god don't be a berserk situation.

Shhh.... Everything is going to be okay.

There's more, it just hasn't been collected into the manga equivalent of a trade yet.

Top Bottom