• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Nudull

Banned
oh man Erik Larsen is now giving interviews to MRA-gamergaters websites about his views on costume design for women superheroes man

what a goddamn dipshit idiot fucker who we all need to throw in the trash of our collective memories

and shove in a locker

As if we needed any more proof that the man is a dipshit.

Boogiepop

So, I bought and read through my first significantly sized book on Comixology. It was Sonic Legacy vol 4, because it's not available in print and I don't really need such crap in print anyway. But yeah, unsurprisingly it wasn't exactly great. But I totally don't regret it, as I have a great craving to read all this junk. Now to wait on a $1 each sale for the rest of the Penders era stuff.

Also read Sonic Saga vol 7. And now I'm left wondering if I should wait for 8 before reading Sonic Universe 8. They're both about Scourge, and I'm wondering if the apparently 2 trade stuff in Saga leads directly into the Universe stuff. Anybody know enough Sonic to know the answer to this?

Was Ahsoka already reintroduced?
And how fitted the Sith Inquisitor into the established continuity?

Yeah,
she's with the Rebels. The Inquisitor was a bit of a crap villain actually. Jason Isaacs is a fantastic actor but he felt wasted in the role.

Can't wait for season 2 though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yes to all!

The first thing was the most important stuff :D

Yeah,
she's with the Rebels. The Inquisitor was a bit of a crap villain actually. Jason Isaacs is a fantastic actor but he felt wasted in the role.

Can't wait for season 2 though.
I am actually really afraid
that the Inquisitor breaks to much continuity... The prequels are personally important movies to me, I could not accept a third, hidden sith next to Palpatine and Vader.
But then again, he will maybe be killed of before the events of a new hope starts.

Shit, I feel now like that I should spend hours reading through Wookiepedia :D

Finished Absolute Justice. It was a great story but the back half resolution did not match the brilliance of the build up. All-in-all, a great DC book, with jaw dropping hand painted art that looks glorious in Absolute format.

Zombine

Banned
BatmanBundle1.jpg

Village

So, I bought and read through my first significantly sized book on Comixology. It was Sonic Legacy vol 4, because it's not available in print and I don't really need such crap in print anyway. But yeah, unsurprisingly it wasn't exactly great. But I totally don't regret it, as I have a great craving to read all this junk. Now to wait on a $1 each sale for the rest of the Penders era stuff.

Also read Sonic Saga vol 7. And now I'm left wondering if I should wait for 8 before reading Sonic Universe 8. They're both about Scourge, and I'm wondering if the apparently 2 trade stuff in Saga leads directly into the Universe stuff. Anybody know enough Sonic to know the answer to this?

I would be more help if i knew what stories were in it. Sonic is one of the only things I read book by book. Instead of collections

Really like the Batman PS4 but I'm pretty sure there's going to be a Star Wars themed PS4 at the end of this year. I'll probably end up replacing my current one with that.

Owzers

My ps4 is loud so i'm waiting for a slim/cooler running unit....if that batman one were it i'd buy it but i don't want to get another samey ps4.

Also I can't get a MU month from Bii and then go on to not read any comics, tackled the Avengers 34.1 Hyperion issue that i passed up with my dcbs order. I liked the story but it leaned into the overly sentimental territory and felt slightly repetitious, but it was an endearing read.

I probably should have had braces - my top row's a little wonky - but my teeth are pretty good overall. I don't match the British teeth stereotype thankfully.

I read the first issue of Inhumans that came with ASM #1 and I've never felt the urge to read another issue.

What if I'm missing out on the best comics ever?

Lot of shit came out. Also Empowered Unchained Vol.1, Lumberjanes, a new printing of Demo, and some other assorted things.

Yeah I see that... Well, I just placed my order:
CASANOVA COMPLETE ED HC VOL 03 AVARITIA (MR)
AVENGERS RAGE OF ULTRON OGN HC
NIGHTWORLD TP VOL 01 MIDNIGHT SONATA
COPRA TP ROUND TWO (MR)

Bii

My ps4 is loud so i'm waiting for a slim/cooler running unit....if that batman one were it i'd buy it but i don't want to get another samey ps4.

Also I can't get a MU month from Bii and then go on to not read any comics, tackled the Avengers 34.1 Hyperion issue that i passed up with my dcbs order. I liked the story but it leaned into the overly sentimental territory and felt slightly repetitious, but it was an endearing read.

Man, I was having some issues with my PS4 yesterday. Was watching Big Hero 6 for the first time and it kept restarting itself every half hour. It kept saying it was going into rest mode but I don't even have that feature enabled; it even shut off at one point and prompted me to go into Safe mode. So I updated it to the latest firmware and haven't really bothered to see if it restarts itself. :/

Glad you're using the MU sub. I have a few codes saved up from the last 75 cents/month deal but only use it when I know I want to tackle a lot of comics in a month (and don't have much of a backlog to read). Speaking of backlog, I finally got around to reading this:

100th Anniversary Special: Avengers #1

The Avengers of 2061: Beta Ray Bill, Dr. Strange, Iron Man and Rogue. I guess these guys don't age or something. Moloids appear and they start beating the shit out of them. Story's forgettable but flipping through each page was fantastic.

DAT STOKOE ART THO!

Tizoc

Heyo~
It's been a while since I read the old issues but the issues collected in Vol. 7 were good, but IMO it peaks with the events of Vol. 8, so it may help to read them back to back.
I'll try to re-read those issues and give feedback, but from what I can recall Scourge wouldn't show up in the main book after the events in those 2 TPBs, he would then get a story arc in Sonic Universe and then the whole reboot occurs.

Top Bottom