• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

At least it gave us Ms. Marvel, a book everybody seems to love.

She could have resulted from an accident involving cosmicly charged radioactive silly putty and she'd be the same character. Until you find out she is secretly a member of the Inhuman Royal Family and goes to live on the Moon, her status as an Inhuman is inconsequential.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
She could have resulted from an accident involving cosmicly charged radioactive silly putty and she'd be the same character. Until you find out she is secretly a member of the Inhuman Royal Family and goes to live on the Moon, her status as an Inhuman is inconsequential.

Yeah, as much as it doest matter that she is a inhuman it doestn matter that she is a Inhuman.

Sorry, sometimes it comes across as some of you are all the time yelling at clouds.
I dont want to start this discussion again, but I really dont understand why so much of you are still reading Marvel Events when you know even before you bought the book that they are shit.
I am curious as hell for Axis, I bet that it will be once again not as bad as you guys made it...

Yeah, as much as it doest matter that she is a inhuman it doestn matter that she is a Inhuman.

Sorry, sometimes it comes across as some of you are all the time yelling at clouds.
I dont want to start this discussion again, but I really dont understand why so much of you are still reading Marvel Events when you know even before you bought the book that they are shit.
I am curious as hell for Axis, I bet that it will be once again not as bad as you guys made it...

Axis is a rare book that really does live up (down) to what you've heard. It's...

It's so bad.

Just seriously bad.

Messi

I don't wanna have this discussion again... But imma say my piece anyway.

I enjoy it a lot, but I just want to understand the order... I remember a few people suggesting writing a good reading order for Valiant after the Humble Bundle, but it never seems to have happened.

You can find a publication order online with some light googling. That's your best bet.

Dunbar

It was pretty bad, but it always helps to go into things with low expectations. If you are bracing for the worst, you might end up liking it. And plenty of the tie ins were fun to read, too.

But as far as event-hate goes, I don't get all the Infinity hate from the previous pages. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was only 6 issues with tie ins that could be skipped 100% without missing anything. And it told a good story as part of a larger arc (Avengers/New Avengers) much better than most events.

Zombine

Banned
I want to write a book where an Inhuman is secretly a Mutant infiltrating the ranks of the Inhumans to eventually wipe them out, but then we find out that the Mutant is really an Inhuman and is a double agent and really wants to wipe out the Mutants, and you think the Inhumans are bad for wanting to kill the Mutants, but the Mutants are starting to "evolve" and infect other people, but the humans can't handle the mutation so they die and it has to be stopped.

gotta say though, from the outset, i love how rage feels like one of those classic OGNs of days gone by. kinda makes me want to read the rest of them just for nostalgia. anyone check out any of the others?

also, are they all oversized?

Zombine

Banned
gotta say though, from the outset, i love how rage feels like one of those classic OGNs of days gone by. kinda makes me want to read the rest of them just for nostalgia. anyone check out any of the others?

How oversized is oversized? I read the Spider-Man one and it's sorta similar in size to other books.

Zombine

Banned
But doesn't the word oversized make it seem larger?

That's what I tell my Girlfriend on a regular basis.

but i can't read print without instantly seeing the print dots.

I am primarily Digital + Trade at this point because I prefer a superior image quality as well, but man...there is something charming as fuck about books and art that try to emulate the printing dot look:

Love it. I don't love it at $4.99 in 2015, but in old books, especially the old romance comics, it makes me happy.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Yes, they are all OHC-oversized.
Avengers Endless Wartime and X-Men: No More Humans are "only ok" but not bad, and Starlins Infinity Revelation and Spider-Man: Family Business are fucking great. The only flaw with them is that some of them smell disguistingly like cheese nachos.

Also look out for the upcoming Infinity Relativity which continues Infinity Revelation and is once again by Starlin.

I am primarily Digital + Trade at this point because I prefer a superior image quality as well, but man...there is something charming as fuck about books and art that try to emulate the printing dot look:

Love it. I don't love it at $4.99 in 2015, but in old books, especially the old romance comics, it makes me happy.

That's the problem with digital printing. Dots don't look like that anymore. It's just hazy garbage art.

Reading the first arc of miles morales ultimate spider-man and I think it has my favorite panel of all time

"I'm gonna have to smack the ugly right off of you.

And by the looks of you, that is gonna take all night

Boom"

Fucking perfect

Messi

Reading the first arc of miles morales ultimate spider-man and I think it has my favorite panel of all time

"I'm gonna have to smack the ugly right off of you.

And by the looks of you, that is gonna take all night

Boom"

Fucking perfect

Yeah. That was pretty awesome lol. Loved that series.

ElNarez

Banned
oh man Erik Larsen is now giving interviews to MRA-gamergaters websites about his views on costume design for women superheroes man

what a goddamn dipshit idiot fucker who we all need to throw in the trash of our collective memories

and shove in a locker

oh man Erik Larsen is now giving interviews to MRA-gamergaters websites about his views on costume design for women superheroes man

what a goddamn dipshit idiot fucker who we all need to throw in the trash of our collective memories

and shove in a locker
I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say that he possibly doesn't know the websites, but still, christ Larsen

FeD.nL

Started the Deadpool&Cable omnibus today and though I only got up to issue 20 I must say I have been really entertained, might even enjoy it more than the Kelly omnibus at the moment. Can't wait to finish it.

Bii

Guys, for the record, I did like Infinity. It was probably my favorite Marvel event.

There hasn't been a deal on Marvel Unlimited annual sub in a long time....they know i'm waiting to sign up again.

Yo, if you want a 1-month MU sub for free, let me knooooooooooowwwwwwwww. It's just one month though.

Slayven

and shove in a locker

Thats sad

RHATO #40 - You were too beautiful to exist. The world wasn't ready for you.
Blackfire might be dead but Star says if she makes it back to Tamaran she could save her.

Top Bottom