• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This New Avengers issue focused on Sentry chilling on the moon contemplating joining in in the civil war was kinda cool. I'm intrigued by Sentry I can't help it lol

Also he seems a bit not right in the head in his inner monologue

tim1138

tumblr_m9tu3100o01ql7fyro2_250.gif

That last scene at the crash. So badass.

I love what they're doing with Thawne.
I bet that spinoff show is gonna be some kind of
World of Flashpoint
deal.

Plus it totally looks like
Vibe
is coming.

tim1138

Such an easy character to transfer over to the CW-Verse. I think you're right.

With that said, I really want a Booster Gold show.

Berlanti and Kriesberg pitched a Booster pilot to SyFy a few years ago but they passed on it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he is on Flash next season.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Young Avengers / Runaways crossover was easily one of my favorite things about Civil War, really makes me want to check out both books (and I will eventually). 60 issues down, 35 to go :p

Honestly after secret wars/convergence I'm going to take a big break and I'll come back and pick up a few trades based on what looks interesting/reader recommendations and such. The days of me being invested 24/7 and reading everything are coming to an end.

Spider-Man pushed it back to after Infinity War Part Two.

It got pushed to like 2019 now.

There's no way Marvel can sustain the Inhumans hype for that long.
That's upsetting. They'll find a way, though. They will.

Kamala is our generations Jubilation Lee

Jubilee is my generations Jubilee
But Kamala isn't terrible.
The only Convergence books I'm eyeing are Swamp Thing and Question, and I'm not sure Question would be a good idea without having read 52.
The Question in the New 52 is a whiny dick. Granted, all I've read with him in it was Trinity War (Awful event, although it did get me into Justice League Dark, which I like) and Trinity of Sin, which is boring as fuck. Dropped it after issue 5 due to the unique occurrence of reading an issue, and then going "what did I do with that time?"

My main point is that my point of view doesn't cover all the bases. Don't even think he had a solo book during 52.

Rhaknar

I'll read enough comics for everyone here don't worry

That's upsetting. They'll find a way, though. They will.

But Kamala isn't terrible.

WTF

Jubilee is the GOAT

Jubileeanimated.jpg

ROBINJUBILEE.jpg

Kamala can suck it

BKatastrophe said:
The Question in the New 52 is a whiny dick. Granted, all I've read with him in it was Trinity War (Awful event, although it did get me into Justice League Dark, which I like) and Trinity of Sin, which is boring as fuck. Dropped it after issue 5 due to the unique occurrence of reading an issue, and then going "what did I do with that time?"

My main point is that my point of view doesn't cover all the bases. Don't even think he had a solo book during 52.

He's talking about the REAL 52

and yes the reading order goes:

Books of Blood
Pipeline
Blackest Night: The Question
Convergence: The Question

Owzers

Comics-gaf test:

Which have you spent more time on this week: reading comics or sitting through Bloodborne loading screens.

Loading screens :/

Comics-gaf test:

Which have you spent more time on this week: reading comics or sitting through Bloodborne loading screens.

Loading screens :/

Loading screens definitely. Just finished it earlier tonight so I'm ready to get back into comics. I didn't read any books that came out last week so tomorrow's gonna be a good day to read some floppies.

Owzers

Hmmm, 35 second load screens. I've died 30-50 times.
So at most 30 min. I read all of Absolute Justice this week so comics wins.

I've probably died 100 times now, adding in loading for going back to resupply and changing course, and then more loading for helping people with bosses about 20 times......and i've only beaten 5 bosses in my game.

I've read two comics.

Rhaknar

Punisher War Journal #1 was all sorts of awesome. Beautiful art too, and the civil war tie in wasn't out of place. Nice surprise

Edit: oh it's written by Fraction

Rage of Ultron review:
Ultron has daddy issues. Cap, Hank, Vision, and Ultron get the most attention. The rest of the Avengers are reduced to quick snippets. As someone who knows nothing of female Thor this book isn't exactly a good introduction to her. She comes off as one dimensional. The art is great. Opena's art brought me back to when he worked with Remender on X-Force and all the other artists they got perfectly blend with one another. The ending was weird and I'm not sure if I understand what happened. It was ok overall.

Copperhead Vol. 1 review:
Mom's got to solve the case of murdered alien hillbillies. Lot's of lore but real light on the detective stuff. The mother-son relationship is interesting. Zombine what was your issue on this book?

Rhaknar

I know this is a spoiler but I'm posting it anyways

GunThatShootsSwords.jpg

At least I think this is from that run :p

yup that's it. Love that art (even if Frank looks like the Hulk)

So there's a 2000 mini, and a 2006 mini. An also a few one shots like Sentry/Hulk or Sentry/x-men... the whole Sentry thing fascinates me tho. I mean they create new heroes all the time but if I'm to understand, they tried to make it be like Sentry had been in the marvel universe for years or something?

Like I said, fascinating. Stupid, sure, but fascinating
Read the 2000 mini. It's the one series that's the best.

Rhaknar

Weird there's no thread for the casting of Cassidy in AMC's Preacher

Edit: might he a April's fool thing, I've never heard if the guy

i haven't been reading but i suspect that Wondercon will reignite my comix reading

weird you posted an edited version pretty sure this is the original

7f9.jpg

This is my favorite meme in the world

I propose that May or whatever be Frank month, where we all Frankify our avatars

Top Bottom