• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Of Us Part II: What appears to be a game breaking bug for me, any advice?

EDIT: Issue solved, thanks! Not a bug, see post here - https://www.neogaf.com/threads/last...-bug-for-me-any-advice.1650363/post-267374489

This is my second attempt at finishing this damn game. First time I abandoned it after 10 hours then decided to restart from scratch. I managed to make it 8 hours that time before dropping it again about a year ago.

With the TV show out it prompted me to pick it up again, I'm in Seattle Day 2: Hillcrest. I'm sure you'll remember this bit because you squeeze through the broken door
where an infected jumps scares you from the right and you have to fight it

Sadly, I can't get through the door. I updated the game, went back a few saves, restarted my PS5 but none of it helps, Ellie just mooches against the door like it's a solid wall and point blank refuses to go through. I've tried crawling through, dodging through and just plain old beating the sh*t out of it with my machete, but nope, she won't go through it.

A google search doesn't reveal anyone with the same issue.

Perhaps the universe is just telling me to throw the game in the bin, I'm not meant to ever finish it?

Regardless, if your advice differs from "throw the game in the bin", I'd love to hear it :messenger_beaming:

ey0Tq2u.jpg

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

I had one with the elevator in Seattle day 1, had to go back to a further save and I believe it was patched? Honestly not sure.

Didn't see this one. Good luck!
Why'd you quit the first playthrough?

I had one with the elevator in Seattle day 1, had to go back to a further save and I believe it was patched? Honestly not sure.

Didn't see this one. Good luck!
Why'd you quit the first playthrough?
I am like a magpie, short attention span, probably another game came out I wanted to play and then too much time passed!

Josemayuste

If I recall right, you do not proceed trough that door that the infected breaks, you must exit by a garage door nearby.

This is the part were said infected carries a bow in his back, doesn't it?

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I didn't have that problem in TLOU2 but I got that problem (checkpoint not working) in GOW Ragnarok. If using old saves do not work try to move back to the beginning of the level then reload the game it may help you.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
If I recall right, you do not proceed trough that door that the infected breaks, you must exit by a garage door nearby.

I can only wonder there is nothing mandatory you have to collect in this or previous areas before you go through?

He does have a bow but you are supposed to just shimmy through the hole in the door to get there.

From about 18:50 here.

Last edited:

If you go to 32:30 in this video you'll see Ellie walk straight through the door, I'm baffled:

NinjaBoiX

Can’t help you with your actual issue OP, but defo a heads up to make the occasional manual save in future.

I’ve been burned with auto saves before and always try to manually save every hour or so now, ideally with 2-3 save files!

Can’t help you with your actual issue OP, but defo a heads up to make the occasional manual save in future.

I’ve been burned with auto saves before and always try to manually save every hour or so now, ideally with 2-3 save files!
Thanks, I do have a few manual save files, I even went back to an earlier one but the issue is persisting, sadly.

You have to press X plus stick to squeeze through spaces in the game.
This was the correct answer, so not a game breaking bug at all, just the fact it's been a year since I have played it and the game doesn't prompt you at this point so I had obviously forgotten!

Thanks Vick, much appreciated, my kids are all laughing at my ineptitude now but I'll get my own back later when I thrash them at Mario Kart :messenger_tears_of_joy:

NinjaBoiX

Thanks, I do have a few manual save files, I even went back to an earlier one but the issue is persisting, sadly.
Really? That does seem very strange, how far back is your earliest save?

If it is a bug, then it sounds like a scripting bug more than anything else.

Do you have a save before that last cut scene? I’d imagine all the scripting for any given “level” is loaded in after a cut scene, maybe you can reset it.

Really? That does seem very strange, how far back is your earliest save?

If it is a bug, then it sounds like a scripting bug more than anything else.

Do you have a save before that last cut scene? I’d imagine all the scripting for any given “level” is loaded in after a cut scene, maybe you can reset it.
All sorted thanks, see earlier replies!

Top Bottom