• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 : REMASTERED |OT| If somehow a tenner gave me a second chance at that moment... I would do it all over again

saintjules

It was brilliant, imo

Leaving just enough hope that there's still some of the original Ellie in there

Otherwise it would have been too bleak. The game is already too dark as is.

People saying that it should have been different have no taste

I agree. You could feel the way it was going to play out as it was happening. It was the better choice ultimately.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
It was brilliant, imo

Leaving just enough hope that there's still some of the original Ellie in there

Otherwise it would have been too bleak. The game is already too dark as is.

People saying that it should have been different have no taste

Dead or not, the ending was still bleak as hell to me

Dina bailing with the kid and then being unable to properly play guitar. Fortunately the missing fingers arent part of the hand that can hold a pistol.

Part 3 sure will be something

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Gotta start taking more screens. Start off with a couple of well known gems

cCddWbb.jpg

G9yXUVX.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
Topher Topher Haha! I took pretty much the EXACT same shot of Eugene's PS3. Same angle and everything :messenger_beaming:

The dust buildup on it is just so fucking good

lol....that's funny. Just made me think, if they were ever to do a spin-off, I'd love to be able to play as Eugene. A kind of goofy ass, infected killing hero. Get some of that old Uncharted humor as well.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
lol....that's funny. Just made me think, if they were ever to do a spin-off, I'd love to be able to play as Eugene. A kind of goofy ass, infected killing hero. Get some of that old Uncharted humor as well.

I try not to dwell on Eugene too much. I fall into too many rabbit holes lol

Like, you know how he's an ex Firefly and knew Tommy? What if Eugene was somehow the one who contacted Abby and Owen and co. about where Joel was? What if he secretly still had passion for the Fireflies and their cause?

Topher

Gold Member
I try not to dwell on Eugene too much. I fall into too many rabbit holes lol

Like, you know how he's an ex Firefly and knew Tommy? What if Eugene was somehow the one who contacted Abby and Owen and co. about where Joel was? What if he secretly still had passion for the Fireflies and their cause?

Eugene would have given Abby and Owen a lot more details about Joel's whereabouts and what to expect. Abby and Owen were surprised when they found the town. Besides, Eugene had been dead for a bit, I think. Ellie talked about him like he had been gone a while.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Eugene would have given Abby and Owen a lot more details about Joel's whereabouts and what to expect. Abby and Owen were surprised when they found the town. Besides, Eugene had been dead for a bit, I think. Ellie talked about him like he had been gone a while.

He had def been dead for awhile. You could tell just by how dead the hanging marijuana plants were lol

But yeah like I was saying, rabbit holes. My mind wanders around way too many "What if's" when playing this game. I guess its a testament to the world and characters they've created.

Topher

Gold Member
He had def been dead for awhile. You could tell just by how dead the hanging marijuana plants were lol

But yeah like I was saying, rabbit holes. My mind wanders around way too many "What if's" when playing this game. I guess its a testament to the world and characters they've created.

I hear ya. Lots of side stories in this world.

NickFire

Will have this very soon. Was going to wait for Easter sales, but I had a store gift card and you can't buy PSN cards with a store gift card anymore. First disc I bought myself in a long time.

Bartski

Gold Member
In so many ways still the best-looking game ever on any system. What I find truly striking, which is also true in Part 1, is how every single location looks like it's made of totally unique assets packed with detail maybe 5% of players will ever pay attention to. I don't recall any other game where I'm literally walking around admiring the furniture and interior design thinking wow this is a cool fucking couch.

Finished my grounded fidelity mode run, making it the 6th time I beat the game. Making this my second most replayed game ever. Am I done? More like done preparing for No Return with accessibility off.

Managed to complete the daily run on grounded for the first time.

With Mel of all people. Decided to play very aggressive and not worry about ammo and just hope the trade post would have some to buy. Worked out quite well on the end.

Sitting like 30th on the world on the leaderboard but the daily run only reset like an hour ago

Whitecrow

Banned
I cant believe I've finally caved in... How bored can I be.

If after finishing this I change my mind, it will be a surprise

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
That stealth kill animation is still the best ever

wKV6veW.jpg
Ellie's "Shut up" once you upgrade your stealth kills goes hard.

Not sure if discussed already.

I'm glad they went with the ending they did, for the reasons not-Neil in that video mentions.
"Real convenient for Ellie to stop killing only once she gets to her final goal." Nah, they set it up well. Ellie has to psych herself up in the first place to initiate the last fight with Abby; Ellie gets the upper hand and is about to kill her, then remembers Joel wouldn't want this for her and can't continue. It works.

Even with the empty house and Ellie's difficulty playing guitar to close the game out, I think it's hopeful because, yes, the damage has been done, but I get the impression Ellie will change for the better moving forward.

Oh, and I also like how Ellie inadvertently does a very heroic thing in freeing all those people locked up in the Rattler camp while on her murder-Abby quest. Doing the right thing for the "wrong" reason vs doing the wrong thing for the "right" reason.

Vick

Crossing the bridge on Grounded Permadeath is Top 3 scariest things I've ever done in a videogame, and I'm a survival horror veteran since the PSX days.

I'm still filled with adrenaline.

King Dazzar

I'm only about half way through after 18hrs. I remembered it being a long game.... I'm mixing it up with RE4 remake so it doesnt get too repetitive, especially as I'd only just replayed Pt1 and its dlc. The unlocked fidelity mode has been superb throughout.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Anyone else getting a glitch where the weapon and ammo count in the hud are extremely faint while the health meter stays normal? If I quit to main menu and reload it goes back to normal. On the latest patch 🤷

Bartski

Gold Member
I think I’m close to accepting defeat not beating no return on grounded without the slomo aim cheat. I’m trying to play survival with giro now and it’s not going great, still think this could be the way with more practice

King Dazzar

Anyone else getting a glitch where the weapon and ammo count in the hud are extremely faint while the health meter stays normal? If I quit to main menu and reload it goes back to normal. On the latest patch 🤷
I'm only playing the main campaign on new game+. But no such issues in my 18hrs so far. And I've played it since the patch. I have the HUD brightness set to its lowest setting though.

image0.jpg

So that i don't open a new thread for every country, #1 in France. Another flop in Sony's hand it seems! Glad so many new people are finally enjoying this masterpiece without the discourse and all the "scandal" that happened almost 4 years ago.

Flabagast

image0.jpg

So that i don't open a new thread for every country, #1 in France. Another flop in Sony's hand it seems! Glad so many new people are finally enjoying this masterpiece without the discourse and all the "scandal" that happened almost 4 years ago.
Nice seeing prince of persia doing well

image0.jpg

Also number 1 in Italy Australia and New Zealand.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I’m not going to read all these comments because I’m still playing it for the first time..

But I’m so mentally confused on my emotions so far and I find myself leaning towards team Abby now. I can see exactly why she’s the way she is, the game so far is making her like able IMHO.

Topher

Gold Member
I’m not going to read all these comments because I’m still playing it for the first time..

But I’m so mentally confused on my emotions so far and I find myself leaning towards team Abby now. I can see exactly why she’s the way she is, the game so far is making her like able IMHO.

The game is quite a moral dilema. That's one of the things I love about it. There is no real "good guy" as far the Ellie, Abby, Joel Tommy etc. None of them are bad guys either. I get why all of them did what they did.

skneogaf

Hillcrest on grounded is harder than any fromsoftware game I've played.

I can't believe people can do it without dying on command.

Its absolutely incredible how good everyone works together to look for you then to hunt for you!

I've played the game on hard but grounded has made me appreciate just how good the game truly is!

The best gameplay I've experienced in my 43 years.

Alebrije

Finished TLOU1 on grounded , great experience but refuce to repeat that on TLOU2 because surely it's like one where you managed to advanced "fine" and then You found and enemy or área that needed to play perfect to advanced, there were some of them so took me time yo finish the Game.

Last edited:

Vick

Hillcrest on grounded is harder than any fromsoftware game I've played.

I can't believe people can do it without dying on command.

Its absolutely incredible how good everyone works together to look for you then to hunt for you!

I've played the game on hard but grounded has made me appreciate just how good the game truly is!

The best gameplay I've experienced in my 43 years.
Now imagine doing it, along with the rest of the entire game, on Grounded + while taking no damage (or at least max health when leaving an area along with max health items), killing every single enemy and doing so by using no resources if not those provided within the same area or once reached max capacity (with just a couple of impossible to do otherwise exceptions), always leaving an area with a brick in the inventory or at the very least a bottle (which are basically the only weapons you can use most of the time) and collecting every single resource and collectibles (in order) found in every inch of every map.. all to have the best possible equipment/diary entries/collectibles when doing Chapter select.

Took me more than 100 hours back then. OCD is a bitch.
Now on the Remaster I just did a Permadeath Grounded (Per Act) run to earn that last campaign Trophy and it reminded me how batshit crazy that endeavour was. Gonna treasure that transferred save forever.

Now imagine there's also people who managed to do a Whole Game Grounded Permadeath..

angrod14

Dude I forgot how fucking amazeballs the whole trek to the hospital with Lev is just AAAA level design. It’s just non stop unique interior after unique interior with an incredibly beautiful and cohesive pathway to the top.

HrBmVWD.jpg
nLcwWRV.jpg
YL89Gel.jpg
kJtxLaG.jpg
This game looks too good. It's just insane. I don't see this ever looking bad, even by the time we're on PS8.

While the game aims for a realistic presentation it has a slight cartoony/stylized feel to the materials and textures that make it so appealing instead of bland. Naughty Dog games have that feel and it's so awesome.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Dude I forgot how fucking amazeballs the whole trek to the hospital with Lev is just AAAA level design. It’s just non stop unique interior after unique interior with an incredibly beautiful and cohesive pathway to the top.

HrBmVWD.jpg
nLcwWRV.jpg
YL89Gel.jpg
kJtxLaG.jpg
This entire sequence is easily my fav in a video game. Including one of my fav cutscenes ever.

From the ridiculous atmosphere at night. Stalkers chasing you through the forest. A giant ass axe weilding super villain, the night rain and moonlight, infected coming at you in the distance running down the stairs.... fucking sick

On my first playthrough it was at this very moment I knew I was playing one of the GOATs
The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-Remastered-20240129014209.jpg

Her in game character model this entire sequence is nuts
The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-Remastered-20240129015720.jpg

an ugly ass giant woman
The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-Remastered-20240129023921.jpg

zombies running at you down the stairs
The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-Remastered-20240129030318.jpg

J3nga

Finished campaign, "Remastered" is a loud word for it. Visual upgrades are too insignificant IMO to slap "remastered" and ask money for it. No return is something other devs do free of charge and I don't see anything to pay for. Lost levels, I don't even know why they decided to add it let alone charge for it. It's pretty evident to me how they tried scratching the content just so they could justify the price tag but even then it's not worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom