• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I bought Dragon's Dogma for PS4. What do you think of the game?

Fbh

Love the game.
Replayed it last year on PC and IMO it still holds up well.

The only thing I never liked and the one thing I'd like to see done differently if they ever make a sequel is how stats growth is tied to your current job. I never liked the concept of having to spend hours playing as a class I don't care about just so my characters gains the right stats for the class I actually want to play as eventually. I'd much rather just get a specific amount of stat points on every level up which I can then assign to whatever I want.

Thankfully on PC there's mods to alter stat growth. On my recent PC playthrough I had it set so I could start as a strider and then move on to a magic archer with good stats, which I found way more enjoyable than having to spend dozens of hours playing as a mage just to get the right stats for the magic archer

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I got it solely for the Berserk content, haha. I personally didn't understand the game's praise, but I think it just wasn't for me is all, unfortunately. I never really got into Monster Hunter, and I can see a lot of comparisons here in a variety of ways. When I tried playing it nothing really gripped me and I just ended up putting it down. Maybe I'll give it another shot one of these days.

Fuz

Banned
Really good game, but the DLC is stupidly difficult.

This comes from someone who got at least NG++ in all DS games.

Mozzarella

The game is mediocre, i suggest watching AngryJoe review of it to, he explains the core flaws very well, and they really bothered me, i dont really care about the combat too much in a rpg, when most other aspects are very poor.

Top Bottom