• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Targeting 60 FPS on PS5 (but not locked)

Yeah, but I mean:

wA6Odk6.gif

TtLfgjx.gif
Not a great example to be honest. Those enemies are retarded and just run at the player, although the amount on screen is impressive!

Dragons Dogma 2 enemies seem a bit more intelligent and it seems that they plan attacks based on time of day and perhaps in other ways too.

Again, I'm not entirely sure. I'm just trying to think of why the performance wouldn't be a locked 60.

You can't really judge performance of the game from YT video. Only raw capture video would be good for that purpose.
Of course you can. Not using an automated process sure as the compression would confuse it but you'd have to be blind not to see this isn't anywhere near 60fps just like all the official footage.

If you want to believe this website has captured the only 60fps footage anyone has seen based on some screenshots (while their actual footage is all over the place frame rate wise) and that Capcom is knowingly putting out stuff with drops to the 20s then prepare for disappointment is all I'll say.

This is just a case of someone not using TRdrop correctly. DF played the same TGS build and said the frame rate was erratic.

GymWolf

Wouldn't call falling to death without pre-canned animations "shit result" just because devs tried to prevent the hardware running the game to take part in the explosion.

I posted the "bad example" due to the game already being subject of discussion and, very obviously, hundreds of characters on screen being relevant to "what's going on in the background and CPU utilisation".
They do have precanned death animations when they are in the horde.

Like i said, throw a granade, you are just gonna see a bunch of them having the same animation and falling down like potatoes, terribly unsatisfying.

You can see the difference by throwing a granade to a small group of enemies and seeh how they fly away.

And yeah it's kinda of a shit result even if i understand why they did it.

GymWolf

Not a great example to be honest. Those enemies are retarded and just run at the player, although the amount on screen is impressive!

Dragons Dogma 2 enemies seem a bit more intelligent and it seems that they plan attacks based on time of day and perhaps in other ways too.

Again, I'm not entirely sure. I'm just trying to think of why the performance wouldn't be a locked 60.
Dogma 1 enemies were beyond retarded so until we see a long uncutted gameplay, i put them slightly above zombies just to be gentle.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Of course it will have vram issues. If corridors re4 was crashing my 3080, open world rengine will too
It was crashing bc they hadn't fixed VRAM crashes at that time, but now it's fixed - the game will stutter and performance will drop instead of crashing.
I never had any vram related crashes in re 4 with my 3070 at 4k/dlss quality at high settings.
Then you've played the game with the fix they've released. Idr if they fixed this issue for RE2R and RE3R - these games don't even have DX11 version anymore iirc. I had 3070 back when the game was released and it crashed a lot cuz of limited VRAM without RT even.
unless you had an unnecessary persistence on trying to run a useless ray tracing implementation just to prove a point (?)) ray tracing in that game was an afterthought, even on consoles it reduces texture quality. on PC, it just crashes. both ways it was unusable
RT reflections is a complete and utter piece of shit in every Capcom game. It's not even proper RT and bs DXR at effin' 1080p no matter the screen resolution you'll choose. They simply don't know shit how to use and then implement proper RT reflections into the RE engine. But they're also very bad at using SSR. It's been what... 7 years since RE7 came out? They did absolutely nothing over these 7 years to fix SSR or RT reflections (AO looks great in RE4R, but they're not using it everywhere even on PC and it is also a problem) and I highly doubt DD2 will be different - you can already see terrible SSR in various videos they showed.

When it comes to DD2, I'm sure they'll be using the same great RTAO and RT Shadows as in RE4R, but of course for a game like this with a changing day and night cycle RTGI is a must.

Last edited:
Top Bottom