• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 | Review Thread

What scores do you think Dragon's Dogma 2 will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 121 27.2%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 196 44.0%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 83 18.7%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 18 4.0%

• Total voters
238NUm5.gif

I think my boy Kacho Kacho was laughing with me because I was right!

TexMex

I’m not sure how we keep getting great scores that across the board run like complete shit to the point of being unplayable in some cases.

Kacho

I think my boy Kacho Kacho was laughing with me because I was right!
Wrong. PC CPUs have the capacity to hit 100fps+ in the open world. Consoles are struggling to hit a roody poo 40fps there. Not even the Pro console will fix that. This game needs mega beefy CPUs to run smoothly, which will be a reality in a couple years. The advanced AI calculations are a little ahead of its time. The first truly next gen game.

TLDR: DD2 is the new Crysis

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So 20 npcs attacking a dragon is what make the game run like a turd all the time?

Doesn't dying light 2 not only looks better but also has way more than 20 models on screen at any given time fighting each other and shit?

What about the largest battles in horizon between dinobots and npcs? Pretty sure you get close to 20 models on screens, pretty sure that a lot of games have 20+ models on screen without going into the 20s.

Sorry, i'm not impressed.
Take it up with capcom. i didnt make the game lol

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Peak perf is irrelevant if it’s not sustained, which it’s not.
Peak perf might be relevant when you are hitting it 90% of the time, which (according to that Eurogamer reveiw) is anytime you are not in a city, even if fighting against a big monster and aided by multiple NPCs.

This sucks for sure, but I think people are overblowing the issue.

dorkimoe

I love how the console fanboys ignore that the game runs even worse on consoles...
Well 1) maybe it’s because console fanboys don’t go into every discussion trying to act superior
2) we know it runs like shit, everyone’s mad at every version of the game. I’m annoyed and I can play it on pc/xsx/ps5.

I’m sick of games being launched that run like shit and they think it’s acceptable

Kacho

Wouldn’t expect a neckbeard to really understand this concept well tho, so I forgive u
Let’s wait and see how much Capcom can improve things on PC before NASA tier CPUs hit the consumer market.

Ogbert

I’m not sure how we keep getting great scores that across the board run like complete shit to the point of being unplayable in some cases.
Game Journalists know who butters their bread.

There’s simply no chance of any mainline Sony, Nintendo, Capcom or From game getting fairly judged. Fortunately, the games are typically great, but they are the titles that make the whole industry exist.

Don’t bite the hand that feeds.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Any word on the game's length? Don't want to dive to much into reviews in case I get spoiled.

So 20 npcs attacking a dragon is what make the game run like a turd all the time?

Doesn't dying light 2 not only looks better but also has way more than 20 models on screen at any given time fighting each other and shit?

What about the largest battles in horizon between dinobots and npcs? Pretty sure you get close to 20 models on screens, pretty sure that a lot of games have 20+ models on screen without going into the 20s.

Don't they say there was no frame drops on that scene?
What makes the game run like a turd is the big cities, specially the busiest areas of these, on the combat and the open world it runs fine.

Wouldn’t expect a neckbeard to really understand this concept well tho, so I forgive u

Hard disagree, ran Starfield at 80-90 FPS average 95% of the time, while i had 40ish FPS drops on the main city, definitely not bad, specially since the combat moments are where you need the most FPS

TexMex

Game Journalists know who butters their bread.

There’s simply no chance of any mainline Sony, Nintendo, Capcom or From game getting fairly judged. Fortunately, the games are typically great, but they are the titles that make the whole industry exist.

Don’t bite the hand that feeds.

Yeah I don’t disagree. TOTK is another good example. Shit literally drops to 15fps sometimes and it’s still just 10/10. And I’m not a graphics snob but when it gets excessively bad like shit it spills from personal preference to something that actively feels bad to play.

Except that higher powered PCs are going to have better performance. So saying "Ass is Ass, my friend. And it will always be Ass. You can't brute force your way out of it" isnt' really you being right at all.

That is always the case, tell me something new.

The game can run better on PC and still be a poorly optimized mess

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

Comparing CapGods to Dying Light and Horizon....

giphy.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
and once AGAIN all that whining about graphics amount to nothing…..when you guys ever learn?

TintoConCasera

I'm worried and concerned but also hyped and exalted. Kinda like before going on a date with a hot chick that just so happens to run at an unstable framerate.

Svejk

This game is an example of why I had to stop PC gaming. The chase for performance/visuals just got too much. Being a console peasant is a much easier and more enjoyable experience for me.
You spend more time dicking around with settings than playing the actual game, but let their OCD consume them and their time.

PC players with their fps performance...
584d9582647660ba9d6bef2084c5d10c.gif

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
thepoint-you.gif

Also, sorry, i'm not a capcom nut hugger and dying light 1 was a better zombie game than all the latest re games combined.

I got your ill thought out point just fine. Dead Rising is Capcom's last great zombie game and it trounces the likes of Dying Light and modern RE.

Both of those statements can be true at the same time.

They can, but here it’s not. There’s nothing insane about the game world or logic

Capcom had some early Framerate issues on RE4 and subsequent patches fixed them

You can’t patch a true CPU horsepower issue, but those cases are exceedingly rare

Almost the entirety of these issues are on poor optimization

Top Bottom