• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 | Review Thread

What scores do you think Dragon's Dogma 2 will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 121 27.2%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 196 44.0%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 83 18.7%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 18 4.0%

• Total voters

Topher

Gold Member
It's pathetic, I'm genuinely convinced PC players don't actually play games they just get them for benchmarks to stroke their tiny dick egos that their 5000$ rig can run a game at 400fps but I guess they have to do something with their time in these threads now that most console games come to PC and they don't have to beg for them at every turn like they used to.

Bitching seems to be the PC master race creed 😂

Some guy in here was even complaining that the reviews are unfair to give the game a 9/10 because the game is unplayable and broken...lmao he's probably complaining about real life being a slideshow after doing a 120fps playthrough of the Nvidia benchmark.

Its fucking 30 fps people... we've lived with it for generations, it's not crashing your PC for goodness sake.

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

You got console gamers talking about the PC version more than they are the console version here

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
This reminds me of 2014's Dragon Age Inquisition. A touted release that years later nobody cares about.
I don't remember it being such a CPU bound game, more like very GPU heavy. At the time I was playing on a GTX 980 and it was an abysmal experience. What this whole situation reminds of is Baldur's Gate 3s third act and Dying Light performance issues at launch related to insane LOD and view distance, which were extremely heavy on the CPU.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

I like how the game has a 91 on metacritic and gaf is just talking about PC performance lmao

Not just GAF, everyone and their mothers. I am buying on PC and don't get me wrong performance does matter....but man are we spoiled. This has become the ONLY talking point...haven't seen a single mention or conversation about how good the game is.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
There's no shortage of open world games that let you cut out travel using menus. DD does something different and tries to make travel meaningful.

Game ain't for you, go play something else

No shit dude lol and it absolutely is for me. Just not yet. Too much to play at the moment.

Lux R7

so an italian reviewer said that with a mid/high range build they managed to get 60 fps everytime in combat and open world, the only poblem is the human capital city, even the beastren capital city runs fine

GHG

There was me all ready to pre order the game from CD keys and then I saw all the performance issues...

Dean Winchester Facepalm GIF

Hoping the 3dvcache can come in clutch.

GymWolf

so an italian reviewer said that with a mid/high range build they managed to get 60 fps everytime in combat and open world, the only poblem is the human capital city, even the beastren capital city runs fine
Did he enjoyed the n64 textures tho?

Last edited:

Bojji

That looks like upscaling is entirely broken

Something is off with those upscaling numbers I think. Also, max settings? Best thing to do would be to tweak settings and find a good sweet spot. Max settings is not really realistic for the majority of players, better off doing more broad tests as there could be something in the settings that just fucks the framerate.

Hoping there are some optimised drivers this week too.

Upscaling works fine, game is just so CPU limited that changing resolution won't change performance at all.

StueyDuck

So alot of reviews alot of fart smelling and fluff...

One simple question, does it actually play well or is it Janky still.

Topher

Gold Member
Upscaling works fine, game is just so CPU limited that changing resolution won't change performance at all.

But resolution does affect performance.....

QVXYonI.png
I3bVNqS.png

qWClFBf.png
yR9aHV6.png

Edit: Not so much in cities though. That seems to be where CPU is most demanding.

Last edited:

Belthazar

From the reviews I watched and read it seems like an okay to good game which is also a technical disaster. Will wait for this one and get it whenever mods fix the performance on PC... As PS5 Pro probably won't do much to help it.

FeralEcho

Pc bros can turn down settings to reach 60 frames, consoles bros can only play the bullet time version without any option.

Absolutely lovely to see, yes.
Sure you can even play Bloodborne on your PC at much higher framerates

Here's the PS4 version at 30 fps

BerCHK1.jpg

Here's the PC master race version with settings dialed down to run at masterful 120fps.

WAZ3Gy3.png

I'd rather play the PS4 bullet time version thanks 😂

Bojji

But resolution does affect performance.....

QVXYonI.png
I3bVNqS.png

qWClFBf.png
yR9aHV6.png

Edit: Not so much in cities though. That seems to be where CPU is most demanding.

These results are fucking abysmal, drops to 19FPS on 5600X?

This game is officially the worst PC version of the last decade, I don't think we ever had game this much CPU limited.

yamaci17

This game is officially the worst PC version of the last decade, I don't think we ever had game this much CPU limited.
Okay I will just come out and admit it: i was wrong. i figured it was going to be horrible with ray tracing, and it kinda is true for consoles but pc seems to be a different beast

Schmendrick

I’m sitting happy baby. 30 fps is more than fine for me. Enjoying the show of PC gamers losing their minds.
A dev obviously fucked up and released half broken code with shit performance on all platforms and you guys have nothing better to do than make this about which platform has a slightly less shitty version than the other instead of kicking Capcom in the nuts.....

Rose Mciver Idiot GIF by CBS

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

BerCHK1.jpg

Here's the PC master race version with settings dialed down to run at masterful 120fps.

WAZ3Gy3.png

People shit on 30fps and they forgot they played all their fav games at that framerate just fine.
Bloodborne is a good example since it's one of fastest/smallest input lag 30fps games out there. I didn't mind some framepacing here and there. It's just some tiny stuter.
But in comparison to demons souls ps5 30fps mode, bloodborne controls soooo much more responsive. Maybe even more so than 60fps demons souls mode

Bojji

Okay I will just come out and admit it: i was wrong. i figured it was going to be horrible with ray tracing, and it kinda is true for consoles but pc seems to be a different beast

It's probably Capcom DRM 1, 2 and Denuvo fighting for CPU cycles.

This game is unplayable (to me) on all platforms, WTF capcom was thinking?

Topher

Gold Member

I do think we should wait for more comprehensive benchmarks from reputable youtubers such as DF. PC gamer ain't exactly the "go to" for this kind of analysis.

All I see are PlayStation fans celebrating because the PS5 version is less inferior than they were expecting. Congrats, I guess!

It is a weird flex, that much is certain. I got a PS5 version coming from Gamefly so I'm going to check them out side by side.

GymWolf

If my 4070 runs it at 30fps with lows in the 20s, might as well just grab the ps5 version. I don't even have that great of a cpu.
Don't be crazy.

Turn down the resolution, use framegen and turn down raytracing and some stupid settings from ultra to high or medium, you are 100% gonna play better than a ps5.

Even if it run like dogshit in the main city, you pass most of the time in the open world where the game seems to run decently.

FunkMiller

Take this PoS out of here. Guy used to blatantly steal the script of smaller channels for his videos. But I won't derail the thread for this more than am already doing.

He was a dumb ass kid who plagiarised HBomberGuy when he first started out. He's apologised profusely for doing so many times. Now he's a fairly decent YouTuber, who is probably a little more trustworthy than some because he got caught and paid the price, and learned from it.

Anyway... if this game is basically the same as Elden Ring in terms of exploration then i don't care about performance issues. It sounds right up my alley.

Last edited:

GymWolf

BerCHK1.jpg

WAZ3Gy3.png

Was this your gatcha moment? I have all the consoles to play console exclusives, but nice try.
Also, you are a fool if you think that i'm gonna play worse than a ps5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom