• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Dragon's Dogma 2 runs at uncapped 30 FPS on consoles

digdug2

I could live with the unlocked framerate, it's the drops to the 20s I couldn't handle and then the PC version could also be crap with stuttering or whatever else. I'll be looking closely at benchmarks before I decide where to commit.
Makes perfect sense to me. I have an abusive relationship with Capcom and I just keep coming back for more because they tell me they're sorry and that they'll do better.

Skifi28

Makes perfect sense to me. I have an abusive relationship with Capcom and I just keep coming back for more because they tell me they're sorry and that they'll do better.
9uP0fDB.gif

S0ULZB0URNE

Imagining having to already upgrade from PS5 to its pro variant. Glad I quit PlayStation after 4.

Next Gen console? The PS5 has been as disappointing as the Xbox.

Dragon's Dogma 2's performance on PC will be fine. Also scope? Elden Ring's enemies are mostly static, the combat is basic and its world is dead. Multiplayer has always been trash in From Software games too. Elden Ring doesn't even compare to the first Dragon's Dogma which has some of the best boss fights in an ARPG. From the previews of Dragon's Dogma 2, Elden Ring can't even hold a candle to it.

One day you'll understand that when you play the next From Software release and you're still hacking away at a giant's toes, fighting brain dead AI or fighting a dragon with the same exact boring predictable attack pattern and reused animations still from Dark Souls 1.
WRONG

Will revisit this when the critics weigh in.

GymWolf

Imagining having to already upgrade from PS5 to its pro variant. Glad I quit PlayStation after 4.

Next Gen console? The PS5 has been as disappointing as the Xbox.

Dragon's Dogma 2's performance on PC will be fine. Also scope? Elden Ring's enemies are mostly static, the combat is basic and its world is dead. Multiplayer has always been trash in From Software games too. Elden Ring doesn't even compare to the first Dragon's Dogma which has some of the best boss fights in an ARPG. From the previews of Dragon's Dogma 2, Elden Ring can't even hold a candle to it.

One day you'll understand that when you play the next From Software release and you're still hacking away at a giant's toes, fighting brain dead AI or fighting a dragon with the same exact boring predictable attack pattern and reused animations still from Dark Souls 1.
Dogma fanboys always delivering comedy gold as usual.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Did you miss the part of the discussion where it's unlocked but hovering around 30 fps? That's NOTHING like Elden Rings unlocked 60.

Wake up dude this is going to be miserable experience on console. Stop giving the thunbs up to games like this when you're confused to begin with about how bad the performance actually is.

I didn't gave it a thumbs up as far as I can remember. And no I didn't read the thread. I like to go in blind AF. In my mind uncapped made me think of ER on SS. I was wrong. Nice tone btw.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
What CPU you have?
A 5800X (non 3d). Seemed like a very good CPU when I built my PC a few years ago, and my idea back then was to upgrade my GPU (previously a 3070) to match my CPU a few years down the line.

I think going from a 3070 to a 4070 Super might not be the greatest jump ever, but still, think I'll get like 40% to 60% in performance increase, plus having DLSS 3 seems pretty nice too.

Ogbert

Have there been any further leaks on PS5 performance?

I just don’t think I can handle wildly inconsistent frame rates. I played all of Elden Ring on the PS4 boosted version to avoid the frame pacing issues.

Bojji

A 5800X (non 3d). Seemed like a very good CPU when I built my PC a few years ago, and my idea back then was to upgrade my GPU (previously a 3070) to match my CPU a few years down the line.

I think going from a 3070 to a 4070 Super might not be the greatest jump ever, but still, think I'll get like 40% to 60% in performance increase, plus having DLSS 3 seems pretty nice too.

The most important thing you get is 4 more GB of VRAM and DLSS3 support doesn't hurt. I wonder how CPU heavy this game is considering how it runs on consoles...

BouncyFrag

I’m interested in how vrr will impact xss/xsx performance as it was briefly mentioned in the DF video as a possibility. I’ve found the vrr on my XSS to be great.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The most important thing you get is 4 more GB of VRAM and DLSS3 support doesn't hurt. I wonder how CPU heavy this game is considering how it runs on consoles...
Yeah for sure! The 3070's 8GB of VRAM were already feeling short.

My guess is that the game will be quite CPU heavy. Having a combat system with a party of enemies fighting agains the player's party in real time, each with it's own AI and different behaviors, plus all the physics going on...

Top Bottom