• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Much It Would Cost To Build A PC As Powerful As The Xbox One X? (2019 edition)

sn0man

Probably because it's 2019 and streaming is a thing.
Or you know, PC gamers DOWNLOAD the games and don't need a blu ray drive.

Yeah I love physical media and I collect console stuff but PC has gone digital and with shareware has been digital for over 20 years honestly.

but isn't this building the same as the x but with a pc? and the X has a 4k blurry. how about controller? yeah mouse and keyboard are cool but not for certain games

then why dismiss the controller if its about gaming

Well... add $20–50 to your x setup to get a mouse keyboard.

Also Ive read the first page steamOS hasn’t been mentioned but it is much less $$$ than windows.

ethomaz

Banned
Or if you check out some benchmarks here, the average framerate is 25fps on the RX580 at 4K Extreme settings with tessellation. If the Digital Foundry thread of the other forum's info is true, then the X version runs at 4K at high settings and no tessellation. Extreme is two tiers higher than high (high -> ultra -> extreme).
Exactly.
I was pretty clear that I was not a fan of the $450 "Potato Masher". I hate builds like that since they are dishonest. A 320GB hdd? And you must have Win10 included on thumb drive or DVD without needing another PC. To suggest a person go download on a different PC and use the boot tool to mount the .iso on a thumb drive, and then go into the BIOS and set the boot priority to USB...what the fuck? Hahaha. These used part shit builds are shit. Is that plain enough for you?

Show me your SFF build with turn-key operation. Why are you holding back I could give less of a fuck if it's $450-550. I already suggested the best bang-for-buck is $600-700.
2vl7vs.jpg
Here you go again.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4400 3.3 GHz Dual-Core Processor ($49.99 @ Newegg Business)
Motherboard: Biostar - TB250-BTC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($45.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: GeIL - EVO SPEAR 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($42.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($35.45 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8 GB ARMOR OC Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Case: DIYPC - P48-W ATX Mid Tower Case ($32.96 @ Newegg Business)
Power Supply: Corsair - VS 450 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($27.98 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Genius - 31300710100 Wired Standard Keyboard ($6.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Mouse: Kensington - Pro Fit Wired Laser Mouse ($2.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $424.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-09 10:46 EST-0500

You can get Windows 10 for free and here is room for a controller.

$450-500 if you include a constroller like I said.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Exactly.

Here you go again.

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4400 3.3 GHz Dual-Core Processor ($49.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($35.45 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - VS 450 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($27.98 @ Newegg)

not bad and very comparable, what are the sound capabilities off the motherboard?

WaterAstro

HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAH $139 for Windows.

Just shows how out of touch the thread OP is with real life. The last few LEGIT Windows 8/10 keys I bought were around $10 each.

6TFs is about than half of what is called high-end.... RX 480, RX 580, RX 590 are all mid-end.
The CPU is low-end.
The amount of RAM is low to mid-end and yes GDDR5 is used in low-end cards.

What exactly is high-end in X? It is a mid to low-end machine.

BTW Metro at 4k in a GTX 1060 and better framerate than X:

But think a bit about 30fps is considered below standard in PC that is why people drop the 4k resolution... at 30fps mid-end GPUs can do 4k with similar X setthings.

X not complete high end, i said it mix build system with low abd high end parts. 6tf and 12GB DDR5 definitely comes in high end category. How can u not put a 4k capable gpu in high end category.

Cpu holds it back from becoming true high end system, but for 500$ price you can't get similarly price and performing PC.

Please dont post some dual core cheap ass cpu. Ni sane pc gamer planning to play AAA games today will build a dual core PC . Don't post Compromised pc build with shitty psu and motherboard to prove your point.

Also, Have you checked specs and price of that pc that running Metro at native 4k in above video? Is it under 500$ ? NO. So my point is proven.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAH $139 for Windows.

Just shows how out of touch the thread OP is with real life. The last few LEGIT Windows 8/10 keys I bought were around $10 each.
It is like the Anual Office 365 license... it is officially here in Brasil R$ 249,00 but you never find it over R$ 99,00 at retail.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
X not complete high end, i said it mix build system. 6tf and 12GB DDR5 definitely comes in high end category. How can u not put a 4k capable gpu in high end category.

Cpu holds it back but for 500$ price you can't similarly price and performing PC. Please dont post some dual core cheap ass. Compromised pc build with shitty psu and motherboard to prove your point.

Also, Have you checked specs and price of that pc that running Metro at native 4k in above video? Is it under 500$ ? NO. So my point is proven.
You are wrong again.

To match X’s CPU you can get any modern dual-core CPU @ 3Ghz... you don’t need more... Pentium G 2 core shits on Jaguar 8 core.

12GB RAM is not high-end... it is mid-end... any weak PC today has 8GB RAM plus GPU with 4GB VRAM... my choose spec has 8GB each to total 16GB and it is mid-low end...

GDDR5 is used even in low-end GPUs.

And yes I build a PC with similar X specs that can run 4k games at similar X setthings below $500.

No matter how you shit on that build it is similar to what MS used on X.

You are trying to make X hardware better than what it is but you know hardware is fixed... you can change what it is neither try to make it better.

GTX 1060 or RX 580 is enough to reach the X’s “4K” with similar graphical quality and performance.

Last edited:
You are wrong again.

To match X’s CPU you can get any modern dual-core CPU @ 3Ghz... you don’t need more... Pentium G 2 core shits on Jaguar 8 core.

12GB RAM is not high-end... it is mid-end... any weak PC today has 8GB RAM plus GPU with 4GB VRAM... my choose spec has 8GB each to total 16GB and it is mid-low end...

And yes I build a PC with similar X specs that can run 4k games at similar X setthings below $500.

You are trying to make X hardware better than what it is but you know hardware is fixed... you can change what it is neither try to make it better.

GTX 1060 or RX 580 is enough to reach the X’s “4K” with similar graphical quality and performance.

Post pics of your pc specs. Lets do it. X capable pc under 500$ ? Post it. You can make others fool but not me coz my friend owns pc hardware shop and has list of all pc parts. Post your parts or details of your pc here and then i compare them. I
Dx diag or something which shows exact details of your cpu, gpu and ram. I will not give up till i expose your bullshit to everyone. Going off line for now. I wil check back in an hour, you better have complete details of your pc posted.

Also dual core wont perform well today coz unlike consoles, devs don't optimise games for dual core. Dual core will exceed X cpu but will not give stable 60 fps in games like metro. It fluctuates unless u lock it to 30. Ryzen or I5 or higher is way to go.

Free multiplayer is multiplayer where I spend $0 to play online. If you have to pay money to play multiplayer, then it’s not free regardless of whether value is added through perks. The perks are of little significance in the context of “Can I play online without needing to pay money?” and “Can I use that money I saved to pay for other software or upgrade my PC?”

Even if I “only” pay $40/yr assuming it even stays at that price, you’re still talking about $240-$280 spent for a console generation. I can still get a decent GPU or I can upgrade my CPU. For context, I got my 2700x for $265 during the holiday season.

"free multiplayer means for me cheater free multiplayer" -
said xbox x user.

i have it on xbox for 4€ per month + free games + free regular maintenance of my console (drivers, updates etc)

what about pc?

😎😁

You are wrong again.

dual core?
i think all modern game engines are programed for multicore cpus >4
4-6 core slow clocked cpus > 2 core high clocked cpu

what about system loudness of your cheap pc? no one will a ps4 helicopter in the living room.

what cost good silent gpu like gtx1060?
what cost a upgradable motherboard?

said xbox x user.

i have it on xbox for 4€ per month + free games + free regular maintenance of my console (drivers, updates etc)

what about pc?

😎😁
Free means you pay $0. You also need to prove that cheating is rampant on PC multiplayer. The "free" games on XBL Gold are not free because you have to pay money in order to get those games.

And what about PC? I don't have to pay anything to play multiplayer. Period. Drivers and updates are free on PC, as well.

demigod

Post pics of your pc specs. Lets do it. X capable pc under 500$ ? Post it. You can make others fool but not me coz my friend owns pc hardware shop and has list of all pc parts. Post your parts or details of your pc here and then i compare them. I
Dx diag or something which shows exact details of your cpu, gpu and ram. I will not give up till i expose your bullshit to everyone. Going off line for now. I wil check back in an hour, you better have complete details of your pc posted.

Also dual core wont perform well today coz unlike consoles, devs don't optimise games for dual core. Dual core will exceed X cpu but will not give stable 60 fps in games like metro. It fluctuates unless u lock it to 30. Ryzen or I5 or higher is way to go.

Hahaha, what the flying fuck. Did you miss the post where he linked where you can buy all of those for under $500?

dual core?
i think all modern game engines are programed for multicore cpus >4
4-6 core slow clocked cpus > 2 core high clocked cpu

what about system loudness of your cheap pc? no one will a ps4 helicopter in the living room.

what cost good silent gpu like gtx1060?
what cost a upgradable motherboard?

Stop acting like the One X is whisper quiet. There are reports on this board where people say it gets loud when the hardware is being pushed, recent game was Anthem.

X not complete high end, i said it mix build system with low abd high end parts. 6tf and 12GB DDR5 definitely comes in high end category. How can u not put a 4k capable gpu in high end category.

More like low and medium, RX580 was a mid-range product when it released half a year before the One X.
12GB in total yes, a RX580 alone packs 8GB vram, probably more then One X uses for vram. High-end late 2017 and 12GB aint that much for total memory. 16 or more and 8 is more like high-end for late 2017.

A GTX 970 or even a 960 can be seen as a 4k capable GPU, it all depends on the settings, frame-rates and complexity of the software.

Cpu holds it back from becoming true high end system, but for 500$ price you can't get similarly price and performing PC.

Please dont post some dual core cheap ass cpu. Ni sane pc gamer planning to play AAA games today will build a dual core PC . Don't post Compromised pc build with shitty psu and motherboard to prove your point.

In a 500 dollar system, the CPU most likely is a limiting factor too, but not as much as the jaguar is in the One X.

That dual core cheap ass cpu is alot faster then the cpu the One X packs,, people that want to match One X specs/price aint going to play at the extreme settings, they most likely settle for One X matching settings/resolution etc. But hey, those people have a choice, perhaps they want 60fps and settle for lower settings/resolution.

A RX580 with about any cpu will do for Metro, a better experience perhaps then the One X can give you.

Thats a fact, its ballpark One X performance and price. The One X has going for it is the smaller size, but you cant upgrade it either, and probably runs hotter, too.

If the jaguar is that good in the consoles, then why were stuck with 30fps with dips way below that in many titles? Metro dips to 16fps or even lower. Those CPU's are heavily underpowered, and thats noticeable. Planetside really struggles on PS4 thanks to the CPU, its a cpu heavy game.

said xbox x user.

Its even worse on consoles, believe me. Its hell when people use XIM4 and have kb/mouse, its a hardware hack so big its terrible. Played BF4 on PS4, never again thanks to people using things like that. Undetectable either. Im not willing to pay for that anymore.

Funny you take that in defense, as my base PS4 is quite loud, louder then my old 920/GTX670 setup. Its one of the disadvantages of the PS4, its loud. One X does a much better job here though, but its far from perfect either in a queit living room. With the PC one can opt for a total silent and cool system, if thats a priority.

Atleast, a well build pc wont run as hot as those compact consoles, components can easily be swapped and upgraded too. Warranty doesnt last forever, neither does the One X when a new generation arrives.

What do you mean best case scenario, what i have said is what i have done with ease since the 16 bit console days.
What do you mean by full used and vpn activated keys ?

I mean always buying at the lowest price and reselling at the highest possible.

there are game keys on pc that are from regions like russia and need a vpn to be activated. They are 15-20 bucks cheaper on average than the regular ones.

And what about PC?
I don't have to pay anything to play multiplayer. Period.

Drivers and updates are free on PC, as well.

and you must play with cheaters. period.

but you are the one who must search for new drivers etc. and most of the games needed fresh drivers.
when you have problems, PC, games and hardware crashes etc. you must sacrifice your time to search for the solution.
each time you must spend hours to search for best graphic settings for new games and this for each new game.
Before you are ready with you pc work! I have 3-5 hours fun and can play because Microsoft has do all this work for me. I have for each new game always! the best possible settings for my console.

Last edited:
and you must play with cheaters. period.
Not an argument.

but you are the one who must search for new drivers etc. and most of the games needed fresh drivers.
when you have problems, PC, games and hardware crashes etc. you must sacrifice your time to search for the solution.
LOL, such hyperbole. Updating drivers are easy. Nvidia and AMD have software that finds and install driver updates in a simple process.

each time you must spend hours to search for best graphic settings for new games and this for each new game.
Ha, even more hyperbole on your part! It doesn't take hours to search for the best graphic settings. GeForce Experience, for instance, automatically sets each game to the optimal settings for you. And if you want to do it yourself, you just go to settings to adjust things like resolution, V-sync, shadows, textures, LOD, etc.

Hours? It's rather obvious that you have little to zero experience with PC gaming or you are deliberately ignorant.

Before you are ready with you pc work! I have 3-5 hours fun and can play because Microsoft has do all this work for me. I have for each new game always! the best possible settings for my console.
And here we go with the corporate sycophancy... There has been quite an uptick in Microsoft shilling lately. You sure you're not just some Hunert Smoke alt...?

Hahaha, what the flying fuck. Did you miss the post where he linked where you can buy all of those for under $500?

Stop acting like the One X is whisper quiet. There are reports on this board where people say it gets loud when the hardware is being pushed, recent game was Anthem.
He should post his pc specs.

He said he bought it under 500$, so post your system details using dx diag. I doubt any sensible pc gamer will buy that pc with dual. Core n all.

All of you just posting shitty pc specs that no one will purchase just to prove your point ignoring the fact at 500$ X is better value than even pc for 4k gaming. You can fool others here but not one who deals in this on daily basis.

demigod

He said he bought it under 500$, so post your system details using dx diag. I doubt any sensible pc gamer will buy that pc with dual. Core n all.

All of you just posting shitty pc specs that no one will purchase just to prove your point ignoring the fact at 500$ X is better value than even pc for 4k gaming. You can fool others here but not one who deals in this on daily basis.

I have a dual core with a 580 rx, wanna take a ban bet?

ethomaz

Banned

Bullshit... stop to create fake story with others posts.

I don’t even have a PC or game on it lol

You are being ridiculous.

Last edited:

Dlacy13g

How Much Would Cost To Build A PC As Powerful As The Xbox One X and a similar form factor? That is the real question imo.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I mean always buying at the lowest price and reselling at the highest possible.

there are game keys on pc that are from regions like russia and need a vpn to be activated. They are 15-20 bucks cheaper on average than the regular ones.
But that's what i do, when buying a day one release i'm not going to pay £45 for a game when i can get it for £40 and i don't sell it for £10 when i can get £25. This is easy to do with not much effort if i decide to sell a game i don't want to keep or finish, which is easily 8 out of 10 games a year. And if the game has been out a while i quite like the look of it but its not a day one must purchase for me i'll buy that second hand and then sell that on, and quite often i can get the money back or just lose a £1 or £2 on them, Even on the rare occasion i've made money on the second hand games.
Like i said this is a option, if you want to keep your games yes PC cheaper.

Edit Lots of people do this and to prove my point just look on Ebay. For example i was interested in Metro Exodus, I could of got that for £40 online, look at the sold prices, that was selling for £32.99 2 weeks after release, now you can get it for around £25 as more people complete or get bored of it, so now i'm thinking 2nd hand i will get it in a few weeks i'm willing to pay £15 and then i'll just sell it on.
Easy to do unless you like to hang on to your games, it's not for everyone but lots do it and thats one of the reasons MS/Sony want us all to go digital. And the day that happens i will definitely go back to PC gaming, i'm tempted now for the 60fps and all the options to tinker about with but i end up tinkering about more than playing and end up enjoying tinkering more than playing,

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
Do you think one x runs those titles at 'extreme settings'? At native 4k, no faux 4k?

Ppl seem to imagine one x runs everything ultra and compare it to that on pc.
A RX580 pc will do better then a one x in most cases, its the more capable gpu in the end.
It's obvious xbox x doesnt run these games maxed out and that's why I always look for the right comparison with xbox x settings equivalent yet for some unknown reasons still both 1060 and RX 580 cant match xbox x results in GPU bound scenarios like my links shows. 41 fps dips at high settings in forza 7 on 1060GTX is clearly worse result compared to xbox x locked 60fps, and the same with other games like wolfenstein 2 where 1060 OC'ed running low/medium settings (that's far from maxed out settings!) and the same dynamic resolution still was not fast enough to match xbox x results (45-55 fps instead on 55-60 on xbox). So how on earth you guys can say 1060/580 deliver the same results when evidence shows the otherwise to the point MaDz (ryzen and GTX 1060 owner) have admited his PC wasnt fast enough to match xbox x results.

Demigod- because you have dual core and RX 580 so you can test games like metro exodus or wolfenstein 2 to prove people here PC setup like your can indeed match xbox x results.

I want to see your 580 running metro exodus in taiga level at 4K and high settings (that's xbox x settings equivalent so I'm not asking for maxed out settings) or Wolfenstein 2 at 4K dynamic and high settings (and you can use locatiom from "Santiago" gameplay because 1060 was clearly struggling there so it should be good test for your RX 580)

If you will show me proof your 580 can indeed match xbox x results in one of these games then I will belive you. So as you can see I'm willing to change my opinion if you will just show me the evidence, that's fair offer! Some of you guys have even said 580 RX is more capable than Xbox X GPU so I'm guessing your 580 should smoke xbox x results exactly as you are saying :).

And BTW. some of you guys can aslo explain me how is that xbox x can push 2x as many pixels compared to PS4P and sometimes even with better framerate (like in RDR2). If sony console has something like 470 RX (as some of you have said) so then RX 580 on PC should be able to double RX 470 results, yet I havent seen even one PC benchmark where RX 580 would double RX470 results.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Bullshit... stop to create fake story with others posts.

I don’t even have a PC or game on it lol

You are being ridiculous.

Seems like you are the one being ridiculous.

You are wrong again.

Jon Neu

Banned
With the PC one can opt for a total silent and cool system, if thats a priority.

Atleast, a well build pc wont run as hot as those compact consoles, components can easily be swapped and upgraded too. Warranty doesnt last forever, neither does the One X when a new generation arrives.

All of that costs time, knowledge and money.

And when a new generation arrives, you will have again to buy a more expensive PC to have a similar perfomance (similar graphics, similar gamepad, similar noise levels, etc...).

pawel86ck

Banned
20190310-104953.png

It looks like dual core can indeed run xbox games at 60fps although there are still dips below 60fps sometimes as this benchmark shows.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Seems like you are the one being ridiculous.
If you look back it is about the pcpicker build that I shared to him lol

I build a machine sub-$500 with similar specs than X. I never said I own it or brought it.

He asked for a build... I made the build... he create a false narrative like others posts in this thread... ridiculous.

I shared what I build not once but twice.

But hey you can call me ridiculous again when you find any place I said I have a PC or brought one... you have all the time.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
If you look back it is about the pcpicker build that I shared to him lol

I build a machine sub-$500 with similar specs than X. I never said I own it or brought it.

He asked for a build... I made the build... he create a false narrative like others posts in this thread... ridiculous.

I shared what I build not once but twice.

But hey you can call me ridiculous again when you find any place I said I have a PC or brought one... you have all the time.

No, you are actually the one creating a false narrative making the fact that you build or still have it as if it's something important. The only thing that matters is that you claim to have made a PC build under 500$ with the same perfomance as the Xbox One X, not if you own it or not.

And did you add the gamepad, the OS real retail price (not the pirate ones), the BluRay player and so on?

Because I don't see myself playing Assassin's Creed with a mouse and a keyboard.

All of that costs time, knowledge and money.

And when a new generation arrives, you will have again to buy a more expensive PC to have a similar perfomance (similar graphics, similar gamepad, similar noise levels, etc...).

not really.
There are people still playing on 2011 cpus and 2012 gpus.
The rest of the components really dont need an upgrade.
You seem a bit misinformed.

But that's what i do, when buying a day one release i'm not going to pay £45 for a game when i can get it for £40 and i don't sell it for £10 when i can get £25. This is easy to do with not much effort if i decide to sell a game i don't want to keep or finish, which is easily 8 out of 10 games a year. And if the game has been out a while i quite like the look of it but its not a day one must purchase for me i'll buy that second hand and then sell that on, and quite often i can get the money back or just lose a £1 or £2 on them, Even on the rare occasion i've made money on the second hand games.
Like i said this is a option, if you want to keep your games yes PC cheaper.

Edit Lots of people do this and to prove my point just look on Ebay. For example i was interested in Metro Exodus, I could of got that for £40 online, look at the sold prices, that was selling for £32.99 2 weeks after release, now you can get it for around £25 as more people complete or get bored of it, so now i'm thinking 2nd hand i will get it in a few weeks i'm willing to pay £15 and then i'll just sell it on.
Easy to do unless you like to hang on to your games, it's not for everyone but lots do it and thats one of the reasons MS/Sony want us all to go digital. And the day that happens i will definitely go back to PC gaming, i'm tempted now for the 60fps and all the options to tinker about with but i end up tinkering about more than playing and end up enjoying tinkering more than playing,

It is definitely easier to do it with single player only games.
If you wait long enough, you can get single player game keys for 3 bucks. In the end not many people buy games on launch day.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
No, you are actually the one creating a false narrative making the fact that you build or still have it as if it's something important. The only thing that matters is that you claim to have made a PC build under 500$ with the same perfomance as the Xbox One X, not if you own it or not.

And did you add the gamepad, the OS real retail price (not the pirate ones), the BluRay player and so on?

Because I don't see myself playing Assassin's Creed with a mouse and a keyboard.
Facepalm lol

The sub$500 build has a lot of room for gamepad... OS you get for free or less than $10.

It is ridiculous how some thinks X has an extraterrestrial hardware that do magic lol

The build I made had similar or better performance than X but some will deny no matter what.

X continue beingthe best option for it price.

Like others said maybe your are just misinformed.

Last edited:

demigod

Not this again. Windows 10 is FREE. He can still add kb&m, controller and dvd player for under $50. You don’t need a blu ray drive in a gaming setup. Pc games are pretty much 100% digital here in the states. The physical cases are normally either a disc code to download or they come in dvds with an activation code, not blu ray.

The problem with PC gamers is that we're almost unanimously full of shit and over defensive of our platform.

Fundamentally I am a gamer, and I want people to have good experiences with their shit. Especially with dogshit like streaming pecking at our heels.

People are suggesting piece of shit third world ghetto PC's they would'nt ever use themselves. Cmputers without SSD's? lol get to fuck.

If you ever suggest a PC to someone, make sure it's with decent components, a decent case, a decent PSU etc so they fall in love with the platform for fucks sake!
I used to work at SCAN, and being hands on with the value build components there... Nah.

For Joe Bloggs who's just purchased his spanking genuinely HDR capable 55" 4k TV I wouldn't hesitate to suggest an Xbox X or PS4 Pro to him. The Pro for the sony exclusives and the X for resolution and gamepass. I'm seeing deals for the X at £370 with the metro games. That's a good deal because Metro is excellent and has rendered bethesderps shitty fallout games obsolete.

With the consoles you're guaranteed that his HDR on his new telly will almost entirely work without issues as well. It can still be a bit of a fuckfest on PC, but it's a lot better than it was, and to me HDR is a game changer.

For PC, we're at a point where it's almost one of the worst points I can think of in the past 20 odd years I've been building computers.
Intels fabs are maxed out, so they're selling their capacity for the enterprise market, that means anything at the consumer level you're paying through the nose for their chips.
Nvidia have been taking the piss for years now, but they've recently released a card that's at 1070 performance, with 2 gigs of VRAM shaved off, for the same price you can get 1070's at... Err, great deal, thanks. Nvidia will be making a fortune off that tiny die however, hence its release.

I haven't mentioned AMD... Why is that? because intel and nvidia have 80+ percent of their respective markets. Nobody gives a shit about AMD anymore, you're almost a leper if you have AMD despite the fact that's where the performance+value is right now.

Ryzen 1600 and up is what i'd be looking at, the 8400's are superb chips as well, but they're just too expensive currently for what they are. I'd feel cruel suggesting anything below 6 cores in 2019.

Vega 56's - Zotac 1070's are going for £250 right now with games, that's what you're looking at for a minimum native 4k -30 -ultra experience IMO. The 1060 babble is crazy talk, I've just come from that card, forget about it. And they weren't that great when they released TBH. Probably the worst card I've ever owned.

20190310-104953.png

It looks like dual core can indeed run xbox games at 60fps although there are still dips below 60fps sometimes as this benchmark shows.
lol... on the same test on CB but for Graphics cards:
-intel core i7 6850K oced to 4,3GHz
-16GB Ram DDR4 3000
-gtx 1060 = 49.3 fps
-rx 580 = 44 fps

The problem with PC gamers is that we're almost unanimously full of shit and over defensive of our platform.

Your very defensive of your console platform it seems. Im both, have both PS4 and PC, PC gaming has never been better then its nowadays, the PS4 you own for the exclusives.
A RX580 is a close match for the One X.

ethomaz

Banned
Let’s call me overdefensive for a platform that I don’t like and I don’t use just because I accept the facts of what is each platform.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Not this again. Windows 10 is FREE. He can still add kb&m, controller and dvd player for under $50. You don’t need a blu ray drive in a gaming setup. Pc games are pretty much 100% digital here in the states. The physical cases are normally either a disc code to download or they come in dvds with an activation code, not blu ray.

It is not FREE, its a free trial. Show me a link to a clean free activated windows 10 ISO. Considering I do roll outs for work I would love to see it, all these 'grey' keys you buy are people making them on their university MSDN network which has people licenced for unlimited keys and can be revoked at any fucking time.

Now he can list his build with Windows 10, and a UHD player & xbox one controller. Forget the keyboard and mouse. Don't tell me it doesn't need the UHD either when it's included in the X.

The most amusing part about the majority of PC gamers is the tonnage that shit on the X, but according to steam and this thread the majority can't even run 4K themselves with their shit rigs.

Last edited:

demigod

It is not FREE, its a free trial. Show me a link to a clean free activated windows 10 ISO. Considering I do roll outs for work I would love to see it, all these 'grey' keys you buy are people making them on their university MSDN network which has people licenced for unlimited keys and can be revoked at any fucking time.

Now he can list his build with Windows 10, and a UHD player & xbox one controller. Forget the keyboard and mouse. Don't tell me it doesn't need the UHD either when it's included in the X.

The most amusing part about the majority of PC gamers is the tonnage that shit on the X, but according to steam and this thread the majority can't even run 4K themselves with their shit rigs.

It is FREE VERSION, its not a trial. You need to learn the difference. Previous windows will lock you out if you don’t have it activated. Software trials on pc have limits and only a certain number of days.

Tell me why you need UHD when doing a GAMING BUILD? Read the OP.

Last edited:

Ramzy

said xbox x user.

what about pc?

😎😁

"Free games"
"4€ per month"

fJfUgb9.png

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
It is FREE VERSION, its not a trial. You need to learn the difference. Previous windows will lock you out if you don’t have it activated. Software trials on pc have limits and only a certain number of days.

Tell me why you need UHD when doing a GAMING BUILD? Read the OP.

It's not a FREE version, it's still plastered with warnings and activation notices thus a trial as in the same way winRAR is a trial and probably the most trialed programed in existence, they expect you to purchase the product after trialing even if you don't. Previous windows has never locked you out of the device going back a good few last iterations now. All trial software operates different, and one is not inclusive of the other. Again, please link me to a free activated ISO on MSDN servers or even on their consumer page.

Read what OP? That he didn't include one also? Where there rules posted about building comparable hardware somewhere I missed? I want it included since I'm datacapped and can't download games and need the ability of a bluray drive. The fact its a UHD drive the price they regularly go for alone just shows how much of a bargain the X is hardware wise when we still cant match it 2 years later, let alone package size and cooling.

Last edited:

demigod

It's not a FREE version, it's still plastered with warnings and activation notices thus a trial as in the same way winRAR is a trial and probably the most trialed programed in existence, they expect you to purchase the product after trialing even if you don't. Previous windows has never locked you out of the device going back a good few last iterations now. All trial software operates different, and one is not inclusive of the other. Again, please link me to a free activated ISO on MSDN servers or even on their consumer page.

Read what OP? That he didn't include one also? Where there rules posted about building comparable hardware somewhere I missed? I want it included since I'm datacapped and can't download games and need the ability of a bluray drive. The fact its a UHD drive the price they regularly go for alone just shows how much of a bargain the X is hardware wise when we still cant match it 2 years later, let alone package size and cooling.

Windows 10 is FREE, deal with it. Go make a new thread and complain all you want.

This is a price thread on how to make a cheap pc comparable to play 4k games, not watching movies. Thats why they didn’t even list a dvd/blu ray drive. And where the hell do you live that you need a blu ray drive for games considering most physical pc are dvd or they’re just codes to download?

Mattyp

Gold Member
Windows 10 is FREE, deal with it. Go make a new thread and complain all you want.

This is a price thread on how to make a cheap pc comparable to play 4k games, not watching movies. Thats why they didn’t even list a dvd/blu ray drive. And where the hell do you live that you need a blu ray drive for games considering most physical pc are dvd or they’re just codes to download?

Lists actual facts on why Windows 10 isn't free, BUT IT IS DEAL WITH IT.

Okay, we're done here.

demigod

Okay, we're done here.

“Microsoft allows anyone to download Windows 10 for free and install it without a product key.”

I see you completely ignored the rest of my post. I’m glad you’re done, but just in case you still want to debate if its free or not, go make a new thread.

ethomaz

Banned

Okay, we're done here.
MS says it is free but you have personalization disabled. It is not a trial... you have a full OS with the only restriction being personalization.

There is indeed a trial for Windows 10 that allow you to use all Enterprise features for 90 days but that is not the feee version.

Last edited:

kikonawa

Exactly.

Here you go again.

nice build, but you cant compare mass produced custom hardware (comparte to a standard pc that is) to a self made built.
the bom for the xbox/one/x is much lower then just comparing consumer grade parts .
BUT I GET THE POINT :D

pawel86ck

Banned
Demigod -You are going to ignore my post now because you know your 580RX cant match xbox x results in one these games I have listed? You have 580 RX so you can easily prove your point if you are indeed right. If you not do it then it should be a clear sign to people here RX 580 simply cant match xbox x results in GPU bound games despite your claims.

Last edited:

Journey

Banned
Exactly.

Here you go again.

Done...

Now let me plop this noisy monstrosity in my sleek entertainment center 🤦‍♂️

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

You do know that you can use any controller you like on pc right? Why would I want to limit myself with the mediocre xbone controller? Even the 360 one is definitely better and cheaper. Hell you can even use a ps3 controller if you have one still laying around.
and for the last bit, maybe people just dont want to run games at medium settings and unstable 30fps in 4k or dont have a 4k screen?
There are probably more pcs out there that do sport a 1060/970/580/590/980/390x/fury/480 gpu, rather than xboneX s in the whole world.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
You do know that you can use any controller you like on pc right? Why would I want to limit myself with the mediocre xbone controller? Even the 360 one is definitely better and cheaper. Hell you can even use a ps3 controller if you have one still laying around.
and for the last bit, maybe people just dont want to run games at medium settings and unstable 30fps in 4k or dont have a 4k screen?
There are probably more pcs out there that do sport a 1060/970/580/590/980/390x/fury/480 gpu, rather than xboneX s in the whole world.
It would be hell using a PS3 controller, i don't know how you can suggest that and call the Xbox controller mediocre.

Anyway i think we get the hate from people for the Xbox at any opportunity, so can we all go back to gaming now until you can get the 580 for £100/ $100 and i'm sure the same faces will be back.

Top Bottom