• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Review Embargo Details

What Will Be The Average Critic Score For Horizon: Forbidden West

• >95

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • 93-95

Votes: 128 19.2%
  • 90-92

Votes: 261 39.1%
  • 86-89

Votes: 174 26.0%
  • 80-85

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • <80

Votes: 28 4.2%

• Total voters

pratyush

How could even act suprised, after a take like that? Just acknowledge you might have very uncommon particular taste.

W17hQ2U.png

lDKVjqK.png

Those damn Steam PS fanboys!

DygLaWyh_400x400.jpg
Yeah Gears is an good game ( Steam score is slightly lower than what i expected) but GOW is in different league.

pratyush

Horizon's linear chapters highlight its less endearing quirks – the controls, for instance, which are unbelievably convoluted. The first couple of hours give a terrible first impression, introducing all of the slightly annoying things that you're going to need to get used to. Climbing involves three different buttons. Spend a couple of days away from the game and your fingers will entirely forget how to find their way around the controller in a way that makes Aloy do what you want.

Guardian Review

Games require to push button. If people wondering why it is harder to score 90+ these days, its because we have too many casuals and shills rating the game these days. Stick to few good reviewers and listen to them.

pratyush

Watching now.

One thing that is apparent is that Guerilla are not "ahead of the curve"

I still think the visuals are better in RDR2.
RDR2 on PC was exceptional but i think on PS4 PRO, HFW is better ( which it should be)

Art style is different in games so I guess these direct comparison really do not do the games justice.

They are not of same quality. Gears is good, but as a package GOW is probably the best game of last generation.

The reviewer gave FH5 10, Gears 9 and Halo 9.5.

And GOW 8. Last of us 2 8 and HFW 6.5.

I mean come on. Only person who has never played all these games will give him benefit of the doubt. There is a difference between having subjective opinion and blatantly lying ( or shilling for a company).

Personal preferences what are those? I think GoW is better than Gears 5 but that doesnt mean that there are people who thinks Gears 5 is better lol.

Last edited:

NEbeast

Shit takes? You just decided that games are not for me (all of them) only because I don't like game you like. Is your self esteem really that low that you need to attack anyone who don't like things you like?
It more the fact your earlier post was absolutely garbage. You couldn't play games for 2 weeks because of GOW
GIF by Steve Harvey TV

It's fine to not like GOW but why go way overboard and make yourself look like a tit.

Kind of what I expected. Getting that Sony bump even though it's very easy to tell from the reviews the game isn't doing anything majorly special. It's probably closer to an 84 or a 85 something - still very good obviously.

That Eurogamer review confirmed all my worst fears that nothing has changed with Aloy as a main character. She still sounds dead on arrival.

SLB1904

Banned
Kind of what I expected. Getting that Sony bump even though it's very easy to tell from the reviews the game isn't doing anything majorly special. It's probably closer to an 84 or a 85 something - still very good obviously.

That Eurogamer review confirmed all my worst fears that nothing has changed with Aloy as a main character. She still sounds dead on arrival.
There is a name for that and it's called bias confirmation. Of 92 reviews you pick one

Anyway I’ll grab the PS4 version for €50 in store on Friday .. and use the free upgrade. will be a good game to play in wait for Elden ring if nothing else.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
The game is going exactly where i predicted, melee is still the weak point (and it was clear to whoever has experience with melee combat and saw the past footage) and the game seems to be too easy even on hard because new weapons and aloy mobility is too much too handle for enemies, fuck me...(amd fuck guerrilla for not including ultra hard)

Jesus i hope the story is at least as good as the first one...

P.s. hopefully journalists didn't tried very hard when they talk about challenge.

Last edited:

Trunim

I'm going crazy. I'm reading some reviews but they don't seem to want to "spoil" whether you can fly or not. I don't mean the shield hovering. Can someone please confirm if you can fly or not? They teased it in the trailer and some review teased it too, but I'm still uncertain.

Thief1987

I'm going crazy. I'm reading some reviews but they don't seem to want to "spoil" whether you can fly or not. I don't mean the shield hovering. Can someone please confirm if you can fly or not? They teased it in the trailer and some review teased it too, but I'm still uncertain.
You can but at the very end of the main quest. You can consider this as an endgame ability.

MOTM

Banned
They are not of same quality. Gears is good, but as a package GOW is probably the best game of last generation.

I mean come on. Only person who has never played all these games will give him benefit of the doubt. There is a difference between having subjective opinion and blatantly lying ( or shilling for a company).
I had more fun with Gears 5 than with GOW.

Since when are people not allowed to have their own personal tastes now? 🤔

tommib

That's literally "money-hatting" so-called "reviewers". That clown literally played in "explorer" mode then bitches about how easy it is. He can't be more obvious. But nonetheless this game is gonna be a massive hit for Sony.
Wondering if it will get to 30 million sold. I don’t like these games but Sony cooked a golden goose with them.

GymWolf

Gold Member
eye-eyeroll.gif

I don't mind if they come to that conclusion based on real stuff - like bugs (which I'm hoping day 1.2 patch will fix) and when they make statements like 'climbing was a great part of Zero Dawns experience', I have to wonder if they even played the game given it was the single biggest request to improve. The more you give the more you have to guide, all you did in zero dawn was look for the yellow fabric on a rock.

Usually if you don't have to use more than one or two weapons, that's the game telling you to crank up the difficulty. I'm not arsed about the metascore but half arsed reviews like this are nothing. These were the harshest criticism to take away 4.5 points?

DhiQws.jpg
jesus-christ-wtf.gif

Kydd BlaZe

Goddammit the wait until Friday is going to be difficult! Ready for this game to melt my face on PS5. I’m so fucking ready. I predicted around 88-90, so it looks like it’s right where I thought it would be. Great scores, just like Zero Dawn.

cyen

*looks at post history*

Yeh there's something "usual" here alright. So much bitterness.

Ad-Rock Reaction GIF by Beastie Boys

Glad you enjoyed it mr. Detective!

Sub 90 is still a good game though, not the next coming of christ many were cheering for. A good stop gap until Elden Ring arrives.

Gears 5 has coop and multi. God of War does not.

Apples to Oranges comparison.

Few people would like both equally.

Maybe that reviewer is into multi games. Would make his choice understandable.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Different people like different things. Shocking.
As we are at that GOW is absolutely worst first party AAA game of previous generation. It's so bad that it not only made me physically ill after few hours it also made me not want to play any games for few weeks. It's slow, boring, with claustrophobic and designed around useless gimmick of no cut camera which is thrown away every time you go to inventory. Dead Space and HL did it better even if they had loading screens due to technical limitations of hardware of their time.
Also Gears 5 is best third person shooter of last generation by a mile.
No. Just no.
Gears 5 is terrible gears game. And that comes from me - the biggest Gears trilogy fanboy ever. Even Gears 4 was better than 5...
Halo campaign is "3 bigger levels, 6 hours of corridors"... not too good and terrible performance, 30fps animations etc on pc.
Horizon 5 is another horizon. For me it's personally a borefest but I can see that it's a good game actually. The best microsoft makes now probably.

Top Bottom