• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Review Embargo Details

What Will Be The Average Critic Score For Horizon: Forbidden West

• >95

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • 93-95

Votes: 128 19.2%
  • 90-92

Votes: 261 39.1%
  • 86-89

Votes: 174 26.0%
  • 80-85

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • <80

Votes: 28 4.2%

• Total voters

SLB1904

Banned
Different people like different things. Shocking.
As we are at that GOW is absolutely worst first party AAA game of previous generation. It's so bad that it not only made me physically ill after few hours it also made me not want to play any games for few weeks. It's slow, boring, with claustrophobic and designed around useless gimmick of no cut camera which is thrown away every time you go to inventory. Dead Space and HL did it better even if they had loading screens due to technical limitations of hardware of their time.
Also Gears 5 is best third person shooter of last generation by a mile.
Nah

Hoppa

I love SkillUps reviews but I always find myself liking games he hates and disliking games he loves lol. Game looks incredible though, looking forward to it

dotnotbot

stevivor

GOW .... 8
TLOU II .... 8
HFW .... 6.5
Halo Infinite .... 9.5
FH5 .... 10
Psychonauts .... 9
Tell Me Why .... 10
Gears 5 .... 9

news blooming GIF

pratyush

As we are at that GOW is absolutely worst first party AAA game of previous generation. It's so bad that it not only made me physically ill after few hours it also made me not want to play any games for few weeks. It's slow, boring, with claustrophobic and designed around useless gimmick of no cut camera which is thrown away every time you go to inventory. Dead Space and HL did it better even if they had loading screens due to technical limitations of hardware of their time.
Nah mate. There is difference between opinion and shit takes. Yours and that reviewer takes the cake in shit takes. Maybe games aren’t for you.

Nah mate. There is difference between opinion and shit takes. Yours and that reviewer takes the cake in shit takes. Maybe games aren’t for you.

So you're not allowed to think Gears 5 is a better game than GoW 2018 for some reason...?

I think GoW is better but not by that much, they're pretty similar in quality and ovr package.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

784997.jpg

kick-dropkick.gif

Fredrik

I’m really not. Industrial metal for the win here.
Instrumental progressive metal is where it’s at. No death metal crap where someone is just puking on the mic because he never learned to sing but still wants to be in a band with his much cooler buddies who learned to play an instrument instead of just doing drugs and getting tattoos or whatever.
🙂

John Wick

Eurogamer review also criticizes heavily the game, basically says that it has not very much going on for it except for visuals.

If it were scored it would be 6 or 7 at maximum I guess

I watched it and she was very positive over it. She's played 70 hours and still at it. What are you on about that she heavily criticised?

onesvenus

I really love how people pick sides praising and dismissing reviews depending on if they fit their view of a game they haven't even played.

Metacritic/Opencritic is the way to average reviews and that should give us the best indicator about what to expect: a game that's slightly better than the first but not the revolution that some of you wanted.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
2,880,000 = 1800p checkerboard
6,144,000 = 2160p native

So that is a 2.13x pixel per frame difference?

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

No 1800p checkerboard is 1920*1800p where as fidelity is 3840*2160p.

A lot more pixels. Its closer to 1440p than 1080p. 3.4 million pixels vs 2.1 million for 1080p and 3.7 for 1440p. And checkerboarding fills out the remaining 3.2 million pixels to bring it up to 5.6 million you would get from native 1800p.

Ghost of tsushima and days gone both used 1800p cb on ps4 pro. I like it way better than naughty dogs 1440p solution.
Wait... so 1800p is the RESULTING resolution ? Or the one before checkerboard is applied?

Sygma

I get your reason but it is idiotic nevertheless, you have to judge the game no matter who the publisher is unless we are talking about extremely small teams with shitty budget.

Does this mean that ubisoft or bethesda get a pass for the jank?!

Beth absolutely got free passes for the jank and unfinished games they released back in the days, including skyrim. If anything people actually started having standards from fallout 4 but yeah it was fucking disgusting until that

Vick

Gold Member
jack-black-smile.gif

kuncol02

Banned
Shit takes? You just decided that games are not for me (all of them) only because I don't like game you like. Is your self esteem really that low that you need to attack anyone who don't like things you like?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Easy allies review was good too. When he stealth kills the guy right next to another human I was like…yup there’s the classic human combat again haha.

skill up review cements it, he absolutely loved the first game so if you are in the same boat you are going to love it too. Absolutely going to be huge for fans of the first game. I thought the first was a solid 7 to 8 out of ten so I expect it to land around the same….but is it crazy that I don’t want these open world games to just be bigger? It seems like they’ve basically just done the assassins creed approach of padding it all out.

maybe I’m wrong.

they really need to sort these technical issues though and it’s even Sony exclusives that are suffering these bug issues now. Covid can fooking do one! That pop in is absolutely horrendous in the skill up review and needs to be called out.

Last edited:

pratyush

Shit takes? You just decided that games are not for me (all of them) only because I don't like game you like. Is your self esteem really that low that you need to attack anyone who don't like things you like?
No its just my opinion. I just commented on your opinion. Its not an attack.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Bug stuff got me worried but won’t prob really dig in till after I play the shit out of destiny so sure they will be patched.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
First impressions Looks like theres lots of stuff to do. But it does look very similar to the first.
Will need to see some more mission gameplay to see if its for me.

Fredrik

Not reading nor watching reviews as gonna play it anyway as preordered it. But will watch them after I complete the game, as always.
Yup, I have it waiting on the SSD already, not watching a second of video review gameplay and I’m only looking at the conclusions on the text reviews.

Fredrik

No! There’s little drama because the Americans are still sleeping!
The thread isn’t a properly titled review thread, title only says it’s embargo details, I wouldn’t have seen that the reviews had dropped but I was already talking in the thread when someone posted the first reviews.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
How could you even act suprised, after a take like that? Just acknowledge you might have very uncommon particular taste.

W17hQ2U.png

lDKVjqK.png

Those damn Steam PS fanboys!

DygLaWyh_400x400.jpg

Last edited:

pratyush

So you're not allowed to think Gears 5 is a better game than GoW 2018 for some reason...?

I think GoW is better but not by that much, they're pretty similar in quality and ovr package.

They are not of same quality. Gears is good, but as a package GOW is probably the best game of last generation.

The reviewer gave FH5 10, Gears 9 and Halo 9.5.

And GOW 8. Last of us 2 8 and HFW 6.5.

I mean come on. Only person who has never played all these games will give him benefit of the doubt. There is a difference between having subjective opinion and blatantly lying ( or shilling for a company).

Top Bottom