• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition | NVIDIA DLSS 3, Reflex, DLAA - Announce Trailer | CES 2024

Screw ray tracing, those resources would be better used to do something impactful like increasing the draw distance by 400% instead.
I want at least RTGI but I was going to say what you're saying.

The number one thing I hope gets fixed is the draw distance at max settings.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't doubt that this game is great looking but you didn't do it any favors posting these. The close up shot of Aloys dish is decent enough, the rest not so much.
now that's a hot take lol. but to be honest - ps5 BUTCHERS screenshots. THese are all 500kb each... hdr shots get converted to compressed jpg when you copy.
That said - few more

xIc4JPq.jpg

7psq0DP.jpg

t0N2TYy.jpg

ysp2FJc.jpg

Senua

now that's a hot take lol. but to be honest - ps5 BUTCHERS screenshots. THese are all 500kb each... hdr shots get converted to compressed jpg when you copy.
That said - few more

xIc4JPq.jpg

7psq0DP.jpg

t0N2TYy.jpg

ysp2FJc.jpg
It's a fantastic looking game, we all know this..but it would look even better with RT, that's why people want it brother.

clarky

Gold Member
That said - few more

xIc4JPq.jpg

7psq0DP.jpg

t0N2TYy.jpg

ysp2FJc.jpg
I'm sure it looks fine native, im on a crappy work monitor.

I see they kept the totally impractical and fucking stupid head gear from the first one. You'd have a neck like Mike Tysons if you where rocking that thing as your daily driver.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I see they kept the totally impractical and fucking stupid head gear from the first one.
If it doesn't look fine to you because of compression... i don't know what you are happy with lol.
Hey - it's the only head gear I liked

I see they kept the totally impractical and fucking stupid head gear from the first one. You'd have a neck like Mike Tysons if you where rocking that thing as your daily driver.
Yea thank god they give you the option to turn head gear off though. That was the first thing I did.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Imagine thinking rtx is the only way to achieve good graphics. Maybe it would be 20 years ago. Right now we have tons of different methods into nice graphics where-in rt is not day/night difference.
This is your game without RTX on a peasanty ps5 running at 40fps (if I remember correctly when I took the shots)
DUDE WHERE THE RT BE AT (the game uses tons of different bakes for different times of day, so it looks like if there was rt most of the time)
This is a gorgeous game. Even more so with hdr
Fyl36hc.jpg

Ue1Jl3e.jpg

ah6Fwbz.jpg

IJVMFN2.jpg

ThlJ12c.jpg

Now show us indirectly lit areas, caves, underground robo-facilities, San Francisco ruins etc. Lighting is all over the place in that game, RT would help make it look more even.

Again, disappointing as hell.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Now show us indirectly lit areas, caves, underground robo-facilities, San Francisco ruins etc. Lighting is all over the place in that game, RT would help make it look more even.

Again, disappointing as hell.
Why don't you stick that san francisco ruins up your ass.
Chrsit, you people arent happy with any graphics.

Fine. get that 4090. Get that horizon, put that dlss3 on it. Apply oversharpened reshade to it and post "wow such next gen p ultra max graphics" videos on youtube. Pc gamers are the worst fucking whiners

Senua

Fine. get that 4090. Get that horizon, put that dlss3 on it. Apply oversharpened reshade to it and post "wow such next gen p ultra max graphics" videos on youtube. Pc gamers are the worst fucking whiners
Dude I told you not to skip your meds anymore, you know how you get.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Is that why you’re in every PC thread whining? To prove you’re not a whiner?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is that why you’re in every PC thread whining? To prove you’re not a whiner?
I whine because pcmr people are fucking idiots. My pc hate is something totally separate mind you :p
They will get game 2 years later and they they will boast how amazing it looks.. while it looks the same and they pirated the game.

GHG

Settle down man, your day of redemption is near.

We need you here for it.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

You guys are down on this but I will prolly pick this up when its cheaper, mostly because the visuals tbh but I did have some fun with the first game even though it's not exactly my type of game nowadays...and Aloy was so fucking bland.

DLAA will look incredible though! Recently played Death Stranding at 4k with DLAA and it was so clean

DEATH-STRANDING-DIRECTOR-S-CUT-04-01-2024-15-17-43.png

DS is just a much better game tbh, can't wait for DS2.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

You never fail to disappoint, you special boy. I love your utterly ridiculous opinions. This forum needs more clowns like you to bring in the traffic. Keep it up!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I whine because pcmr people are fucking idiots. My pc hate is something totally separate mind you :p
They will get game 2 years later and they they will boast how amazing it looks.. while it looks the same and they pirated the game.

So you’re gonna prove to the world console fanboys arent whiney idiots by having extended meltdowns in every thread with PC in the title. Winning strategy.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Man, I love you. This post is off it tits

Broseph rofif, this ain't worth it lol. These posts will get you threadbanned (or worse), and then who else will be stanning for Forspoken here on GAF? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

willothedog

2 years? Horizon FW complete edition only came out in October :lollipop_confused:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Aloy was such a cunt in this game everyone is willing to help her with their lives and she treats everyone like shit
Yep. It's shocking how Sony studios continue to make their protagonists unlikeable. Aloy, Abby, Ellie, Atreus, and to a lesser extent Peter in the latest game but at least he was under the influence of symbiote in the game and its only for around 1/3rd of the game.

sendit

Who expected RT on this game?! lol!

4090 will barely hit 60 without frame gen and DLSS as it is.
No idea why that is a negative? Frame gen is the future to include any other AI/ML accelerated technologies. Gone are the days where exponential performance gained is strictly by hardware design and manufacturing process.

Last edited:
I knew exactly what would be happening in this thread before I even clicked on it. Not disappointed.
Quick summoning ritual:

PC is the best.
Forspoken is bad.
RTX is amazing.
Alan Wake 2 looks good.

Stand back boys, this might get nasty.
eh-meh.gif

It's a second derail, of the first thread derail (Aloy's looks), that happened in the first few replies.

At this point I'm waiting for someone to randomly bring up TLOU 2 again.

Fredrik

The good thing is that with mods you can replace character model with someone you actually can stand to look at.
Already have it on PS5 but never finished it. Hmm, mods could be interesting if I decide to keep going. Need to see a DF video first, the first game had lots of issues around launch.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
First sony game I didnt finish and worst I bought this shit two weeks before it pop up on psplus ... horrible character design all around and shit protagonist... Dont know why I liked the first game but dont remember being this bad or obnoxious

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Rofif has gone mad and is going to get himself banned one day for good.

RTGI, reflections and shadows are considered PC specific features nowadays and if Sony is wasting millions of dollars porting over and risking their precious IPs then they simply have to get with the times. Releasing games on PC without any RT features is just inexcusable at this point. Especially when they bought a new studio exclusively for creating high quality ports.

Even fucking returnal added RT features and it was done by an outside studio. Nixxes had to implement RT features on PC for spiderman 2 so they have some experience.

The fact that this took 2 years to port and is being released as a barebones PC port is really weird. Rockstar gets those double dippers because they add real value to their games on PC. Yes, they take their time but PC gamers know they can expect stuff not available on consoles after that delay. Not seeing that here. I dont care for Sony porting over all their games to PC but if they are going to do it, they need to do it 100%.

This game is going to go up against Cyberpunk, Avatar and Alan Wake 2, and while I still believe it can compete in some aspects, they are doing themselves no favors by not supporting RT features.

Last edited:
Top Bottom