• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West coming soon to PC

Jayjayhd34

Starfield has 83 metacritic score. 11 Starfield reviews on metacritic are perfect 100/100.

Steam user rating for Starfield is at 68 (overall) and 54 (recent) with over 80,000 reviews.

That's a pretty huge discrepancy between professional video game reviewers and target audience if you ask me.

Erm but that makes sense your talking about opinions say 100 professial reviewers to 1000s of gamers. Think( it helps ones in while you know to use your brain ) badically you ask small group of people somthing vs larger group your going end up with diffrent opinon most of the time.

that doesn't even take in to consideration the litimancy of reviews on metacritic steam etc unless your now denying review bombing happens.

The fact that could come up one silly example shows your wrong on so many levels. There's is not single shread of evidence reviews paid for. If really want to carry on this augment please explain the avatars review scores. your now telling me ubisoft are willing sprnd 50 million on game couldn't come up with the xx amount of money your insits developers are giving to reviewers ? The reviews for there games only went down when the quality dipped but if you where right they would never drop. The same with any franchise that goes on for a while.

Last edited:

tommib

But I wasn't talking about the Deck.
You were talking scaling back. What are the PC specs to run Returnal at the same PS5 settings at 60 fps without stutters and instant loading times? There’s a limit to cross-gen scaling.

MikeM

Spiderman 2 and returnal are cross gen as fuck, they just didn't release the PS4 versions :messenger_beaming:

Ratchet is a nice exception
Season 8 Clown GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
the diff between 60 and 20fps is minimal. It already looks amazing.

keep trying.
The difference between 60 and 120fps is most definitely not minimal but unlike going from 30 to 60, 120 doesn't make you utterly revile 60fps. I've been playing 120fps for a few years now and 60 feels choppy and I can instantly tell when I'm below 90-100fps. It won't make me postpone playing a game like with 30, however.

TheStam

It's a bit like Avatar. I kind of want it just to see the graphics, but fear I'll probably won't have fun with either. Maybe after a price drop.

tmlDan

The difference between 60 and 120fps is most definitely not minimal but unlike going from 30 to 60, 120 doesn't make you utterly revile 60fps. I've been playing 120fps for a few years now and 60 feels choppy and I can instantly tell when I'm below 90-100fps. It won't make me postpone playing a game like with 30, however.
I mean, that sounds like a you problem, a stable 60 fps is almost just as good. I agree 30 feels like a massive difference but 60 and 120 fps is minimal despite how you feel.

MikeM

I mean, that sounds like a you problem, a stable 60 fps is almost just as good. I agree 30 feels like a massive difference but 60 and 120 fps is minimal despite how you feel.
120fps is objectively better in terms of latency and motion handling. How you feel is irrelevant when its an objective measurable thing.

tmlDan

120fps is objectively better in terms of latency and motion handling. How you feel is irrelevant when its an objective measurable thing.
I didn't say its not better, i saw its minimal. It also doesn't matter much in SP games.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
You got this backwards, this is despite how YOU feel. The difference is certainly not minimal and the number of games on consoles that actually stick close to anything resembling 120fps is so small that you wouldn't know anyway.

tmlDan

You got this backwards, this is despite how YOU feel. The difference is certainly not minimal and the number of games on consoles that actually stick close to anything resembling 120fps is so small that you wouldn't know anyway.
What are you talking about, the majority of PC games I play are in 200 fps or more, i know my monitor is only 144 hz but the difference is minimal regardless. Stop assuming i only play on console. Weird behaviour.

Edder1

the diff between 60 and 120fps is minimal. It already looks amazing.

keep trying.
Is this the new "30fps is cinematic and 60fps is overrated"??

It's a really ludicrous statement to make because while the difference is not massive like 30fps vs 60fps, it's still significant for anyone who has 120Hz display and good pair of eyes. It's like going from 60Hz display on phone/tablet/monitor to 120Hz one, you just can't go back once you get used to it because of how choppy 60Hz is.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Hmm
Lots of folks saying this is more boring than the original....that might be a bit painful. What makes it boring? Too much story exposition / dialogue?
I know they ruined God of War Ragnarok by making it incredibly tedious and focusing on the boy with his own ridiculous sections, but hoping Forbidden West didn't get the same treatment and is still decent.
Honestly I'd rather they had brought over ghost of tsushima first (also looking forward to Spiderman 2 in 2025 LOL)

Midn1ght

I've been replaying HZD last few days (going for 100% achievements on Steam).

The story is indeed forgettable and characters have no charisma whatsoever but I have to say, the world is really beautiful and relaxing. I guess I didn't really pay attention during my first play-through since I was always on edge and careful not to get into a fight I would lose. But as you progress and reach higher levels and equipment, man, this game is a joy to play. Fighting is also great especially when you upgraded your equipment (upgrade your arrow quivers so you don't have to craft them in the middle of a fight and get the ability to shoot 3 arrows at the same times, it's really fun). Some Hunter Trials were also really challenging and rewarding to pass (specially those in Frozen Wilds).

I'm enjoying my time with it, don't really care for the story and characters so if HFW allows me to play in a beautiful lively world with cool combat, then I'm in.

winjer

Gold Member
Batman arkham knight was unreal engine 3 and it was of the most advanced games last gen.

This is arguing in really bad faith.

The engine used in Arkham Knight is a heavily modified UE3. It has so much new code, it could it's own new engine.

winjer

Gold Member
Yes therefore calling a game last gen because of a engine choice isnt alright.

UE4 is the most used engine during the PS4 era. And it scales very well into that hardware.
My argument is that if Sony wanted to port Returnal to the PS4, they could do so, since UE4 has scalability to work on the PS4 hardware.

Fabieter

UE4 is the most used engine during the PS4 era. And it scales very well into that hardware.
My argument is that if Sony wanted to port Returnal to the PS4, they could do so, since UE4 has scalability to work on the PS4 hardware.

Pls look up supported platforms for UE5

winjer

Gold Member
Well if that statement is true that makes any future UE5 possible on ps4 as well.

Mate, my statement is only that Returnal could be ported to the PS4, because UE4 scales well into that hardware.
Don't try to distort my arguments, into speculation about UE5 or modified UE3 games.

Fabieter

Mate, my statement is only that Returnal could be ported to the PS4, because UE4 scales well into that hardware.
Don't try to distort my arguments, into speculation about UE5 or modified UE3 games.

It's both speculation bro. You don't have a point.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Soon PC players will have the joy of playing one of the most boring and uninteresting open world snoozefests of the past few years, even the 1st game was better...

I never got the hype behind the Guerilla devs, they're the epitome of "good graphics, amazingly mediocre gameplay" - the equivalent of mediocre devs like Ninja Theory (which also put gfx above everything else).

What a G'damn boring, soulless tripe, go spend your.money on something like Days Gone if you need your open world fix, this ain't it.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Soon PC will have the joy of playing one of the most boring and uninteresting open world snoozefests of the past few years, even the 1st game was better...
Strongly disagree. Even if you disregard the story and sidequests as bad which I don't think they are, the combat is amazing ane a big step up from the first game. I played 60 hours and then immediately started a new game plus on the highest difficulty just to keep experiencing the combat.

Top Bottom