• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West coming soon to PC

StueyDuck

Another one
Is this a shock? The engine has been fully adapted to work on PC configurations, we have both DS and HZD, it's only safe to say that any decima game moving forward will come out on PC.

It's safe to say that with most the first party Sony studios, besides sucker punch but I'd be very shocked if GoT didn't come to PC in the near future

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
sleeping-clapping.gif

First game was aggressively boring.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
How do you all handle these late PC releases?
Already bought it on PS5, enjoyed it but stopped playing when Elden Ring released and never got around to start it again.
Now they’re going to get me to buy it again if it’s updated on PC. Sigh

Just don't buy on ps5 unless you know its a game you must play straight away.

I started playing it on ps5 and man I don't recall the first one having this much lvl gating, like I just want to go through the main story but I'm constantly 5 lvls beneath the recommended level, and while I can still handle it, it just feel like a time waste having to spend 5 minutes taking one machine down...

Fredrik

Simple, I don't buy. I have done it before because I thought the PC version changes the experience so much I will beat it again. In my experience: It doesn't. Unless the game is so fucking good you would have played it a second time regardless of the PC version, you'll probably don't finish it with a PC release if you played it before. The additional features are nice until you realise it's still the same game and you don't want to spent your (rare) time on this again and not on new games instead.
You’re right of course but I find it difficult. It’s difficult both to stay away from the console version to play the PC version later and to play on consoles first and then stay away from the PC version later. I’ve double dipped many times. It’s frustrating.
Currently staying away from FF16, SM2. It’s hard. Will try to stay away from GTA6 on console. It’ll suck.

Mozzarella

I would have loved another game on the PC with a Blood in its name.
But i know its a developer issue, so Guerilla most likely are the ones pushing the port, good on them.
I won't buy it, but for the fans of the first game its good news!

Still, im surprised why they didnt hype the announcement, its so stealthy like they dont really care that much, usually they put State of Play to announce those things.

Fake

Second one is much worse believe it or not.

Sony first party don't usually listen the gaming community, so is kinda expected no improves whatsoever.

I played tons of HZD and is really gets boring real fast. They should improve the melee by a lot, but again they don't give a shit about feedback so neither me.

Senua

Imagine being hyped for a PS5 port and planning to use mouse and keyboard. Could never be me.
What even is this post lol? Keyboard and mouse is another option of a way to play, I'd use a gamepad myself. If you wana play this kinda game with a keyboard and mouse then have fucking at it. Would be a lot more accurate with the bow!

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
What even is this post lol? Keyboard and mouse is another option of a way to play, I'd use a gamepad myself. If you wana play this kinda game with a keyboard and mouse then have fucking at it. Would be a lot more accurate with the bow!
Some slow stick, aim assist, claw grip, L3/R3, weapon wheel, lover.

PS: Lol at "trolling" for saying the absolute truth. Some mod is a console warrior too.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Lol at "trolling" saying the absolute truth.
I don't even know why you're doing this. Let the console guys war among themselves and ignore them. You look just as petty and childish as them by engaging them with your platform superiority spats. You'll eventually get banned with this behavior.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I don't even know why you're doing this. Let the console guys war among themselves and ignore them. You look just as petty and childish as them by engaging them with your platform superiority spats. You'll eventually get banned with this behavior.
Just being happy with games with less compromises with facts. Meanwhile tons of threads to literary mock Xbox/Phill Spencer and nothing happens. How many got a trolling warning for pointing the Series S inferiority???

Last edited:

Gaiff

Just being happy with games with less compromises with facts. Meanwhile tons of threads to literary mock Xbox/Phill Spencer and nothing happens. How many got a trolling warning for pointing the Series S inferiority???
Your solution to troll back isn't working. Honestly, the PC gamers on this site tend to be pretty chill and level-headed. We don't have a bunch of obnoxious zealots who always platform war. Why join this nonsense? And you perfectly know what camp has those zealots. I won't name them. Just don't bother with them. There's no point. You'll just get permed eventually.

Last edited:

MikeM

21:9+, mouse+kb, minimal input lag, almost perfect IQ at whatever resolution, 60+ fps, great?
Thats not everyone though. I will say that, as someone with a 7900xt PC, the PS5 version is really impressive. Don’t crap on it just because “lol console suxxxxx”
Really good game. Enjoyed it on PS5, but probably not worth replaying. Glad it is coming to PC though. I imagine GoW:R won't be too far behind.
Yeah im skipping Horizon as well. Got the platinum on PS5 but im good with one playthrough. GoW Ragnarok on the other hand is day 1 on PC.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Just waiting to play with less compromises and cheaper...

Cheaper? It's going to launch at full price and you'll have to wait at least 6-9 months before the price of the PC version drops below the lowest price of the PS5 version.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
sleeping-clapping.gif

First game was aggressively boring.
This is the truth. I got it on PC at release and soon it turned to a game I left installed but never played .. then finally just uninstalled. Thought I would love it since it's a UBI-CLONE game and I loved the RPG AC games but it was just too much to force myself to continue.

Saying t hat I will probably get this to see how it runs lol. 🤷‍♂️

Gaiff

So I can't say "I will be happy to play with better IQ,, performance, controls, etc, because it's trolling . The logic... -_-'
Don't play innocent. You called the console version handicapped.
What are the PC enhancements?
I honestly don't see that many to be honest. Doubt there will be RT like in Returnal. Higher settings, DLSS, and DLSS3 probably. The game will look 90% the same even on Ultra but with obviously the luxury of running higher than 60fps even at 4K.

Senua

Don't play innocent. You called the console version handicapped.

I honestly don't see that many to be honest. Doubt there will be RT like in Returnal. Higher settings, DLSS, and DLSS3 probably. The game will look 90% the same even on Ultra but with obviously the luxury of running higher than 60fps even at 4K.
DLSS/DLAA will be a big IQ boost, especially the latter. We all know how important sexy IQ is

Jayjayhd34

With so many games out now it's hard to even think about going back to play my favorites.

Ther are a few for me, I have to replay through all uncharted each year. I also like old battlefield campaigns they where sick back in rhe day and arkham games and max Payne because most are on pc they look better every couple years its amazing find myself playing fewer new games each year there's so many redskins number 13 in franchise etc. I remember back when like 15 ( 15yeara ago now) you could go steam and find obscure indie game sink hours into but these days but I look and nothing jibes. Living of massive inheritance now so got so much time my hands to so I've lucky in life.

Top Bottom