• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition | NVIDIA DLSS 3, Reflex, DLAA - Announce Trailer | CES 2024

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Rofif has gone mad and is going to get himself banned one day for good.

RTGI, reflections and shadows are considered PC specific features nowadays and if Sony is wasting millions of dollars porting over and risking their precious IPs then they simply have to get with the times. Releasing games on PC without any RT features is just inexcusable at this point. Especially when they bought a new studio exclusively for creating high quality ports.

Even fucking returnal added RT features and it was done by an outside studio. Nixxes had to implement RT features on PC for spiderman 2 so they have some experience.

The fact that this took 2 years to port and is being released as a barebones PC port is really weird. Rockstar gets those double dippers because they add real value to their games on PC. Yes, they take their time but PC gamers know they can expect stuff not available on consoles after that delay. Not seeing that here. I dont care for Sony porting over all their games to PC but if they are going to do it, they need to do it 100%.

This game is going to go up against Cyberpunk, Avatar and Alan Wake 2, and while I still believe it can compete in some aspects, they are doing themselves no favors by not supporting RT features.

You know it didn't take them 2 years to make this port. All their PC ports cost $5 million or less to make. They aren't trying to take it to the next level like Rockstar does.

simpatico

Sony really just should have called the SSR "ray optimized AI reflectinos" to make the GPU buyers happier with their purchase.

T4keD0wN

Rofif has gone mad and is going to get himself banned one day for good.

RTGI, reflections and shadows are considered PC specific features nowadays and if Sony is wasting millions of dollars porting over and risking their precious IPs then they simply have to get with the times. Releasing games on PC without any RT features is just inexcusable at this point. Especially when they bought a new studio exclusively for creating high quality ports.

Even fucking returnal added RT features and it was done by an outside studio. Nixxes had to implement RT features on PC for spiderman 2 so they have some experience.

The fact that this took 2 years to port and is being released as a barebones PC port is really weird. Rockstar gets those double dippers because they add real value to their games on PC. Yes, they take their time but PC gamers know they can expect stuff not available on consoles after that delay. Not seeing that here. I dont care for Sony porting over all their games to PC but if they are going to do it, they need to do it 100%.

This game is going to go up against Cyberpunk, Avatar and Alan Wake 2, and while I still believe it can compete in some aspects, they are doing themselves no favors by not supporting RT features.
Does decima even have support for ray tracing? Wouldnt make sense to create whole systems from scratch and it would likely take a lot more time so it would also cost more, i can see it not being worth it just for a port.
Sure it would be nice, but upscaling and frame generation are nice by themselves, some devs dont even bother with those or proper keyboard support so its far from barebones.
I would welcome pathtracing, but RT is not such a major absence to me.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Does decima even have support for ray tracing? Wouldnt make sense to create whole systems from scratch and it would likely take a lot more time so it would also cost more, i can see it not being worth it just for a port.
Sure it would be nice, but upscaling and frame generation are nice by themselves.
Not at the moment, but if they arent adding it for Horizon 3 which is likely a late gen title then it would be a huge mistake.

I think the entire point of buying a brand new studio with Nixxes' pedigree is that they do take their time and not worry about the cost when porting your premiere games to PC.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Just started playing this week. Enjoying it and has improved in all aspects over the first one.

Visuals are stunning. Sound on my 5.1.2 setup is also very impressive.

Top Bottom