• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: Complete Edition launches on PS5 October 6, and comes to PC early 2024

RagnarokIV

This is you I guess

console-pc.gif

Fucken hell, best GIF I have ever seen.

nowhat

Dope, loved the first one. Seems like an improvement in almost every aspect that i found the first one underwhelming.
I'd say it's better apart from the main story (the side content is way better than Zero Dawn though) and there's too much focus on elemental damage. On the upside, the weapon variety is improved so you'll easily have the required elemental damage at hand.

sainraja

• Games need to be DRM free
  • Smaller Player Count
  • Extremely relaxed policity over controversial and political games.
Regarding the first bullet, they put the first game on GOG.com. It was after the whole Cyberpunk thing that it all stopped but it has been a while. The other two make sense but I don't agree that they are good reasons but ah well.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Another shit PC port incoming. Can't expect anything more than that from Sony after all those fuckups that came before and which are still not fixed. We'll see how bad it'll be at launch, kinda looking forward to it tbh.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I am very curious to see spec requirements for Burning Shores, especially since this is again a pure raster game. I predict some on PC will be frustrated by the performance delta between their rig and PS5, such as this guy:

Senua

I am very curious to see spec requirements for Burning Shores, especially since this is again a pure raster game. I predict some on PC will be frustrated by the performance delta between their rig and PS5, such as this guy:

Alex lives in your head rent free bro, but yea AMD could beast this game. Maybe some RTX features will be added though

PlayStation really doesn't care about spreading it's releases out, this 2 weeks before Spiderman lol. Already got the plat trophy for the original game, never played DLC, will pick it up eventually.

I was just thinking this. Wrote a couple of sentences trying to bait people into an argument. Only to still drop money on a game you deem boring just for the graphics? lol.
So i wasn't the only one thinking "nah...he won't even buy this. it's bait" (which i fell for anyway, lmao)

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
So 2 years from release, but some people really want to pretend it's somehow day and date.

ps5 boys are just beta testers for pc games now. thanks. now i get all your DLC too. either way, am just gonna buy it to see what the fuss about the graphics is all about. playstation fans thinking their games are the second coming of christ when in fact, horizon saga is just boring af.

robocop-bitches-leave.gif

ProtoByte

The truth is Sony would be better off in the long run if they didn't port their (SP) stuff to PC at all. They don't realise it yet, but I think they will.

Edit: You laugh, but on what planet are Sony actually expanding the audience with these ports and as opposed to just setting up the expectation that you can avoid buying a PlayStation if you prefer PC and wait?

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Decima engine a proven performer on PC and scales well. Death Stranding DC even runs nice on Steam Deck.

Also very possible they add RTX features like Returnal on PC.

Roxkis_ii

The truth is Sony would be better off in the long run if they didn't port their (SP) stuff to PC at all. They don't realise it yet, but I think they will.
I doubt HFW is really driving ps5 sales 3 years later. Might as well get a few pc sales to boost the budget for the next game. As long as their not releasing stuff day and date, I don't think relaseing on PC is slowing sales of the PS5.

GHG

ps5 boys are just beta testers for pc games now. thanks. now i get all your DLC too. either way, am just gonna buy it to see what the fuss about the graphics is all about. playstation fans thinking their games are the second coming of christ when in fact, horizon saga is just boring af.
He's right though, the PS games are just mostly just boring, follow the waypoint, lowest common denominator modern stuff

Hmm let's see... :

tkPwdnh.jpg

FnTbeDX.jpg
gPmqX9D.jpg
qn1Q2a7.jpg
PTcCW9V.jpg
NjB5iBX.jpg
bELkIoV.jpg
5DJLbsZ.jpg

Doesn't seem like the people who are playing these games on PC agree here. Try again.

Tallahassee

Another shit PC port incoming. Can't expect anything more than that from Sony after all those fuckups that came before and which are still not fixed. We'll see how bad it'll be at launch, kinda looking forward to it tbh.
no Iron Galaxy on this one, so it should be fine

Edellus

The DLC has a 25% discount in the PSN store. Considering the DLC is already cheap (just $20), it's not that much of a saving. But if someone was waiting to buy the DLC, now it might be a good time to do so.

ClosBSAS

I seriously hope you're 14, cause if you're older then... wow...
lmao why cause i dont like horizon games? they are boring...theres nothing unique about them, at all. NOTHING. pretty graphics on the second one and well see when pc releases how pretty they really are. come on man, no need to be 14 to dislike a game, i dont consider sony games the secon coming of christ like a lot of ppl here do.

am actually 38, i work in real estate, i own all three consoles plus a massive gaming PC...i buy every single triple A game on day one, i support denuvo, i dont pirate, i spent 5k on star citizen, i have over 5k dota 2 items and over 10k hours in the game, ive been with steam for 20 years, i have a quest 2 an dplay alyx wirelessly, and i could go on.

i do not like the horizon series. sue me.

Sethbacca

What an absolute edgelord. :pie_eyeroll::pie_eyeroll:

PCMR spend all their time talking about how their $3000 systems are superior to a $500 system, and then 2 years port begging everything that comes out and thinking it's a victory when they finally get it, while the people with a PS5 have already played a pile of other exclusives while PCMR waited for one from 2 years ago. Such a victory. I'm convinced this dude is either a teen or some 40+ year old living in moms basement.

The people that know better have both.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
lmao why cause i dont like horizon games? they are boring...theres nothing unique about them, at all. NOTHING. pretty graphics on the second one and well see when pc releases how pretty they really are. come on man, no need to be 14 to dislike a game, i dont consider sony games the secon coming of christ like a lot of ppl here do.

am actually 38, i work in real estate, i own all three consoles plus a massive gaming PC...i buy every single triple A game on day one, i support denuvo, i dont pirate, i spent 5k on star citizen, i have over 5k dota 2 items and over 10k hours in the game, ive been with steam for 20 years, i have a quest 2 an dplay alyx wirelessly, and i could go on.

i do not like the horizon series. sue me.
Name another game with dinosaur and animal robots where your main weapon is a bow and arrow and the main character is a red headed lesbian in a world that takes place 500 years in The future and also introduced space travel at the end of part 2

ClosBSAS

What an absolute edgelord. :pie_eyeroll::pie_eyeroll:

PCMR spend all their time talking about how their $3000 systems are superior to a $500 system, and then 2 years port begging everything that comes out and thinking it's a victory when they finally get it, while the people with a PS5 have already played a pile of other exclusives while PCMR waited for one from 2 years ago. Such a victory. I'm convinced this dude is either a teen or some 40+ year old living in moms basement.

The people that know better have both.
hahahahahahaha. almost 40 man but not with mom. lol see if we really care if they come 2 years later, the fact is, they come to PC...thats all that matters, in the meanwhile..we got lots of stuff to play. love you either way my man.

Sethbacca

Another one for the Nvidia Leak, 3 to go to fulfill the prophecy.

PR8B8La.png
With rumors of Ghost of Tsushima 2 in the pipeline, wouldn't surprise me if they release the first on PC closer to the release date of part 2 on PS5 to attempt to entice any pc only holdouts into picking up a PS5.

King Dazzar

I think they finally after multiple patches got the Performance mode looking very good on PS5. But taking that image and instead having it in full native 4k should be great on PC and a noticeable step up. Amazing looking game.

Top Bottom