• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Review Embargo Details

What Will Be The Average Critic Score For Horizon: Forbidden West

• >95

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • 93-95

Votes: 128 19.2%
  • 90-92

Votes: 261 39.1%
  • 86-89

Votes: 174 26.0%
  • 80-85

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • <80

Votes: 28 4.2%

• Total voters

Smoke6

Well that certainly wasn't the case with zero dawn, its meta score seemed high considering its flaws.
After reading your reply in the review score thread, this post makes more sense now! You never intended to play this game so at this point you’re just trolling!

Oh and yeah there’s a few review bombs from some salty folks like I said that would keep the score from being what it should smh.

That's literally "money-hatting" so-called "reviewers". That clown literally played in "explorer" mode then bitches about how easy it is. He can't be more obvious. But nonetheless this game is gonna be a massive hit for Sony.
Lol Holy shit! I'm all for different opinions but if you complain about a game being too easy on the lowest difficulty setting you deserve to be pelted with rotten tomato's

The game is going exactly where i predicted, melee is still the weak point (and it was clear to whoever has experience with melee combat and saw the past footage) and the game seems to be too easy even on hard because new weapons and aloy mobility is too much too handle for enemies, fuck me...(amd fuck guerrilla for not including ultra hard)

Jesus i hope the story is at least as good as the first one...

P.s. hopefully journalists didn't tried very hard when they talk about challenge.
Knew it lol! It's almost impossible to have a deep melee and shooting game combined

If anything Guerilla should have de-emphasized the melee and ignored the clowns trying to use melee in a game that had over 20 ranged weapons:lollipop_flores:

FrankWza

Gold Member
stevivor

GOW .... 8
TLOU II .... 8
HFW .... 6.5
Halo Infinite .... 9.5
FH5 .... 10
Psychonauts .... 9
Tell Me Why .... 10
Gears 5 .... 9
Street Wall GIF

GymWolf

Gold Member
Knew it lol! It's almost impossible to have a deep melee and shooting game combined

If anything Guerilla should have de-emphasized the melee and ignored the clowns trying to use melee in a game that had over 20 ranged weapons:lollipop_flores:
Don't get me wrong, i'm still upgrade and use the shit out of it, at least now is serviceable\acceptable instead of being terrible.

Ranged was always the focus.

THEAP99

Banned
Not too impressed with what I'm reading in a lot of the Horizon Forbidden West reviews.

Seems like more of the same but with more bloat & beauty.

Don't get me wrong, i'm still upgrade and use the shit out of it, at least now is serviceable\acceptable instead of being terrible.

Ranged was always the focus.
Yeah it had it's purpose to supplement the ranged combat. I'am not sure if it needed a skill tree dedicated to it through it just needed to feel satisfying and work properly

I will refine judgement until I played it

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I chose 89 a few weeks ago.

The marketing roll out that focused on graphics, story, and new robots told me that this was going to be a relatively safe sequel.

Lokaum D+

Starting to sound more and more like you don't want it to happen. Dont forget to drink water, your sodium levels about to give you a heart break in a few days time.
Dont be sad but i told u to not expect the U2 moment for this game, its look really good, but far away from U2 level of praise.

Midn1ght

Seems like the game has a lot of bugs, before and after day one patch.

Kinda Funny talked about them extensively in their review podcast. (Starts around 1:23:20)

It's a huge open world game so nothing shocking, hopefully they iron out everything in the coming weeks.

G-Bus

Banned
Goddammit the wait until Friday is going to be difficult! Ready for this game to melt my face on PS5. I’m so fucking ready. I predicted around 88-90, so it looks like it’s right where I thought it would be. Great scores, just like Zero Dawn.

Friday!?

Wednesday night man. 9pm PST.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Seems like the game has a lot of bugs, before and after day one patch.

Kinda Funny talked about them extensively in their review podcast. (Starts around 1:23:20)

It's a huge open world game so nothing shocking, hopefully they iron out everything in the coming weeks.

It sucks that despite a 5 year dev time, the game is so damn buggy. Aloy flying outside water is hilarious. Sony first party games have always had this seal of quality and it sucks to see them ship their biggest game in two years like this.

The LOD pop up issues wouldve never happened had this game been a PS5 only title.

Last edited:

tmlDan

John Wick

Different people like different things. Shocking.
As we are at that GOW is absolutely worst first party AAA game of previous generation. It's so bad that it not only made me physically ill after few hours it also made me not want to play any games for few weeks. It's slow, boring, with claustrophobic and designed around useless gimmick of no cut camera which is thrown away every time you go to inventory. Dead Space and HL did it better even if they had loading screens due to technical limitations of hardware of their time.
Also Gears 5 is best third person shooter of last generation by a mile.
Yeah I know shocking eh? Except your not so subtle attempt to downplay that reviewers bias was even worse than his. It's funny how he seemed to like every MS/Xbox game though eh? Ya know different tastes an all.....

SLB1904

Banned

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
That's delicious. I bet he walks among us. Which green rat could it be?
Haha, this is brilliant.

one thing I hate about the LOL emote on here now is how do you genuinely show someone you like their joke without looking like Rivet?

i Use the lol emote and I always have a split second where I think “ I hope they don’t think I’m pulling a rivet, I actually like the comment in a funny way”

dotnotbot

No difficulty-related trophies confirmed

I hate that. Trophies should be some kind of a challenge. We went from ridiculously hard and time-consuming trophies from early days of PS3 to being awarded a platinum for finishing the game on easy.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I hate that. Trophies should be some kind of a challenge. We went from ridiculously hard and time-consuming trophies from early days of PS3 to being awarded a platinum for finishing the game on easy.
That's very in line with their accessibility approach, I wouldn't mind one for beating the game on Hard which is how I will be playing. On the other hand, I'd hate to see something like Hard unlocking in NG+ and having to play through the whole game again to get it.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
After reading your reply in the review score thread, this post makes more sense now! You never intended to play this game so at this point you’re just trolling!

Oh and yeah there’s a few review bombs from some salty folks like I said that would keep the score from being what it should smh.

Nah you're the troll.

See its not hard to call people a troll...

Top Bottom