• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo wins TGA 2021 Player's Voice best game of 2021 award

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am sensing a different sentiment all of the sudden about awards now that Microsoft's first party is revitalized. Funny that.
Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

JoeBudden

How much have you played?

Not a lot. A little bit past defeating Chak Lok.

I'm hoping the game gets better, but so far it feels overhyped.

Multiplayer, I got the same issue as BF2042 where it feels like there aren't enough maps and content to keep you playing long, or at least enough to pull me away from Apex and Warzone.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
You cold also say the reverse is true. "Imagine boasting over a pointless award that does absolutely nothing for any of us."
Well, GOT won the only award that matters, the Player's Voice. Let the people vote for all the awards next time, Geoff. We'll see how many people are actually into this woke BS.
This is just like most awards where all the smug critics/journalists who smell their own farts tell the little people how they should think.

Fuckin

Lols.

dead-inside2.jpg

This dude should request a ban so he can reevaluate his life.

TGA needs consistency. If Halo missed the cut off for the awards, then it shouldn't be eligible for this award either. Also Flight Sim was judged in the TGA last year and shouldn't be in again this year just because of a console port. TGA needs to make sense. Stuff like this will make it lose some credibility if it keeps happening.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I was surprised FH5 didn't win player's choice, but did notice Halo had a lot of votes at the time when I voted.

SJRB

Gold Member
TGA needs consistency. If Halo missed the cut off for the awards, then it shouldn't be eligible for this award either. Also Flight Sim was judged in the TGA last year and shouldn't be in again this year just because of a console port. TGA needs to make sense. Stuff like this will make it lose some credibility if it keeps happening.

Nobody cares about these awards literally 10 minutes after the show is over.

This is just fodder for the typical "my favourite game did/did not win and I am happy/angry" discussion that swirls around in every GOTY-related thread.

Ultimately who cares. VGA is a giant advertisement show anyway, it was never about consistency or credibility.

Nobody cares about these awards literally 10 minutes after the show is over.

This is just fodder for the typical "my favourite game did/did not win and I am happy/angry" discussion that swirls around in every GOTY-related thread.

Ultimately who cares. VGA is a giant advertisement show anyway, it was never about consistency or credibility.
True. I don't even care about the awards itself, but they act like their cut off date is an important factor, but then they act like release dates don't matter. Makes zero sense.

Saber

Gold Member
I think it deserved. Looks like a promissing shooter.

As for the multiplayer complain part, didn't Overwatch won this crap even though its a multiplayer only game?

Kssio_Aug

I still have to play it, and I'm pretty confident it's an AWESOME game!

But I have to agree that the votes were silly. Actually, it being put to vote was silly to begin with! It obviously won by the hype, not because of it's quality since pretty much everyone who voted didn't even play the campaign. Also, the fact that it was just about to release gave it an unfair advantage because people were super hyped.

If it was any popular 1st party game from Nintendo or Sony in it's place in the same situation (an unreleased game about to be released), the results would be exactly the same.

But to be fair, TGA in general is a fucking joke. It almost feels like they put Halo there to "redeem" the fact they omitted Forza Horizon 5 from TGA's GotY awards, which was also another stupid and unjustifiable decision of them.

chixdiggit

People voted based off a multiplayer beta.

Make It Stop Tiffany Pollard GIF
Why is this so hard to understand? The campaign could be a flaming turd and the multi is still enough for me to put it in one of my top games this year. Games like TF2, Overwatch, Apex, etc don't even have a campaign and many would consider GOTY material at the time.

Multiplayer, I got the same issue as BF2042 where it feels like there aren't enough maps and content to keep you playing long, or at least enough to pull me away from Apex and Warzone.
So because a game only has 10 maps it can't pull you away from a game with 1 map?

Last edited:

Urban

Is it really that good or is it just perceived that way because it was very bad on its first showing?

Ive kinda had my fun with the MP

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
So gamers said halo was “just trying not to be bad” that’s true. You’re fighting against new competitors every year (Fortnite, Apex, etc.) halo’s greatest fear is being worse than the last Halo (goal is to be better) now every point Halo loses on metacritic it’s so sad to them, every win for Halo is surviving. 343 claims there’s no joy in Halo Infinite releasing in a pandemic year when Infinite 2 going 100 on metacritic would give them more satisfaction.
John Cena Sport GIF by WWE

mortal

Gold Member
Damn some of you take this awards stuff way too seriously.
None of it is really consequential, so why even bother stressing yourself out about it?

Leyasu

Banned
I don't give a shit about awards..

But the MP is without doubt the best mp that I have played since forever. 343 are a troubled, dysfunctional studio in need of new management, but they nailed Halo infinite. The campaign so far is really good too.

Saying all that though, it is clear that the game is light on content is pretty much unfinished. I would have given the nod to FH5 if I was voting.

Schmick

I'm confused... are we saying Halo has been voted purely on the MP (which has been available for almost a month) or the single player campaign or the complete package?

Leyasu

Banned
No, I think everything from our thai dinner yesterday has been successfully exorcised from my body. Thanks for asking!

If you are interested, I can provide a daily report of my toilet habits to you.
I'm not a great lover of Thai. A nice indian is probably my favourite. They give me a good clear out too

JoeBudden

I'm confused... are we saying Halo has been voted purely on the MP (which has been available for almost a month) or the single player campaign or the complete package?

People are really just arguing whether Halo Infinite won off bad faith votes since it was based on the results of a public poll.

Top Bottom