• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo wins TGA 2021 Player's Voice best game of 2021 award

onesvenus

After three rounds, Halo infinite won TGA's Player's Voice award. It was against Forza Horizon 5, It takes two, Resident Evil Village and Metroid Dread
irLNdBr.jpg

You can check it yourself here: https://www.thegameawards.com/brackets/players-voice

What an amazing turnaround

Last edited:

skit_data

It is deserved but I still find it wierd because of the cut off date.

Would look pretty funny if Halo Infinite would win next years players choice award as well :p

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
A bit odd since the single player campaign only got dropped yesterday. I thought Forza would have taken this with ease.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
All reviewers (including those that voted had access to the entire campaign almost a full month before today).

Wrong. This is player's choice and nobody could play the campaign before today, not even on disc. The campaign is not eligible for this year actually.

If they want to be fair they should add -multiplayer but they won't so they can push the narrative that "Halo Infinite" won even if the vote was done before the full game was out.

CuNi

Dude, at least look at what award it is. It's the player voice, where everyone could vote. It had 3 rounds, at each round the top 10/5 passed to the next.
It's okay, you will survive this blow. Look forward to next year, maybe you'll have better ammunition to console war then!

@thread: Absolutely deserved. Great game, Multiplayer, albeit has some flaws like XP Progression and imho minor weapon balancing issues, runs and looks great! "Gunplay feels nice!"

Kagey K

Banned
Wrong. This is player's choice and nobody could play the campaign before today, not even on disc. The campaign is not eligible for this year actually.

If they want to be fair they should add -multiplayer but they won't so they can push the narrative that "Halo Infinite" won even if the vote was done before the full game was out.
It would have become even more of a landslide now that people are playing the campaign.

Max_Po

Banned
No hate, but that makes you look much more like a fanboy than the people having a great time with the multiplayer.

How? I have played and actually finished RE8 several times ?

I played MP of Halo and it is missing some modes ...
Yeah that’s how good it is. How about you join the fun rather than being salty, it’s F2P and m sure it will run fine in your beefy PC.

Speaking of "beefy" ...I ordered an Alienware r10 w/ 5900x and 3080 in Jan 2021.... couldn't do 4k60 in Flight Simulator, Cyberpunk ... SOLD it for a beefy profit... and bought the Series X and did the 3 year 1$ game PASS Trick...

MOTM

Banned
It’s only 9AM here in the UK so guys prepare for a lot more salt in this thread when the Americans start waking up 😂

On topic, multiplayer is the best I’ve payed since Modern Warfare and Halo 3 on the 360. Totally deserved based on that alone.

Played 2/3 hours of the campaign yesterday and it feels extremely smooth, polished and the gameplay is fantastic. Realised there really is nothing that feels like it on the current market

Congrats to 343!

MaulerX

Pathetic...

Multiplayer BETA and Campaign out just few hours...

That's fanboys for you...

PUBG, a multiplayer only game, got nominated for actual GOTY when it came out even though it was in "Beta".

Last of Us 2 got it's multiplayer chopped off even though the first game had it. So that's also half a game? Still got numerous awards.

But for some reason Halo doesn't deserve it? Halo's multiplayer is that good. Why should it get punished because it offers both a good multiplayer as well as a good single player?

Last edited:
Top Bottom