• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo wins TGA 2021 Player's Voice best game of 2021 award

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Like?

Name another game that generated more buzz, and should have won instead.
I know it's a "popularity" contest - just seems weird considering all the heat it got couple of weeks ago..

I think most people who've played Metroid Dread, know it should've won - but it's not F2P - and there in lies the popularity. Can't wait to see how the player's voice award evolves over the next couple of years. F2P games across the board - or you don't stand a chance as a publisher?

Banjo64

cumsessed
And that's why fans shouldn't be allowed to vote
Another One Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

Kagey K

Banned
I know it's a "popularity" contest - just seems weird considering all the heat it got couple of weeks ago..

I think most people who've played Metroid Dread, know it should've won - but it's not F2P - and there in lies the popularity. Can't wait to see how the player's voice award evolves over the next couple of years. F2P games across the board - or you don't stand a chance as a publisher?
Do the game released on the console with 100mil sales lost the popularity contest on the one with under 10 mil because of free 2 play?

I don't even get how you can say free 2 play is the problem when looking at the sales discrepancy.

How about its a fucking great game and everyone that plays it loves it, and go from there.

Maybe (shockingly) it us the best game this year

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Didn't really played MP, but SP is shocking to me, how well it plays. The stack of controller pooling is definitely worth the hype. And I am playing on 60FPS, because games isn't exactly looker.

Fredrik

It is deserved but I still find it wierd because of the cut off date.

Would look pretty funny if Halo Infinite would win next years players choice award as well :p
Yeah everything about TGA is weird because of that cut off date. The event comes too soon, the year ends in december, the event should be in january. And now they’re splitting the jury choice and player choice on different years 🤨

Still, congrats MS and 343! 👏

Imo Forza Horizon 5 is a much more complete game.

Halo is a fun multilayer but its ruined by Microtransactions and because its monitized, has stripped back online functionality and modes.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Do the game released on the console with 100mil sales lost the popularity contest on the one with under 10 mil because of free 2 play?

I don't even get how you can say free 2 play is the problem when looking at the sales discrepancy.

How about its a fucking great game and everyone that plays it loves it, and go from there.

Maybe (shockingly) it us the best game this year
Halo Infinite multiplayer is out on PC, so you need to look at your calculation.

For a F2P game it's mediocre. No slayer playlist, monetization off the roof and a scummy grindfest.

If that's the game of the year - I pity your soul.

arvfab

Banned
I keep forgetting when PC is or isn't important. I assume in this case it is again, based on your response.

Hopefully they can find success in the other not important but pc counts games going forward

When isn't PC important?

You were talking about popularity and player base when comparing it to Dread and Switch.

PS: is the F2P MP not on old-gen Xboxes? If it is, you forgot them too.

Kagey K

Banned
Halo Infinite multiplayer is out on PC, so you need to look at your calculation.

For a F2P game it's mediocre. No slayer playlist, monetization off the roof and a scummy grindfest.

If that's the game of the year - I pity your soul.
My soul is fine.

I don't give any of it to these shitty end of the year awards.

If I did have a choice 8d ask the devil to give me my time back from Days Gone and TOOU, what a waste those hours were, in reality.

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
You already quoted me on this one and having both consoles doesn't mean you are not a fanyboy of one of them. There will be plenty of Xbox owners for Bethesda games who actually hate it.

Sounds to me you are the pathetic petty little fanboy.

All I stated was I found Halo "winning" pathetic with broken grind fest battle pass, Missing multiplayer modes and Campaign not available before today.

I mentioned RE8 which is also on Xbox and Metroid has also received positive reception.

looks like your green-rat-ass-ness has brought in "both" consoles... which I never mentioned at all.

All I stated was I found Halo "winning" pathetic with broken grind fest battle pass, Missing multiplayer modes and Campaign not available before today.

I mentioned RE8 which is also on Xbox and Metroid has also received positive reception.

looks like your green-rat-ass-ness has brought in "both" consoles... which I never mentioned at all.
You seem to have a very bad day. I feel sorry for you.

Banjo64

cumsessed

I’m level 36 already and I only bought the standard battle pass. The game came out just over 3 weeks ago.

The battle pass is now one of the most forgiving since they increased the XP gain to 1000 for playing 6 games a day.

Max_Po

Banned
I’m level 36 already and I only bought the standard battle pass. The game came out just over 3 weeks ago.

The battle pass is now one of the most forgiving since they increased the XP gain to 1000 for playing 6 games a day.

Well, I was waiting for them to update. I am enjoying the Campaign.. its really good so far..

4k60 Dolby V on C7 OLED

Kagey K

Banned

Need a hug?

Pop Tv Love GIF by Schitt's Creek

I'm sure you will be ok. It's just video games.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Honestly just sad, Forza Horizon 5 deserved the win this year.

Barebones multiplayer offering in the middle of controversy... I dont really keep track of these awards so did games like Apex Legend etc win in the past?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Honestly just sad, Forza Horizon 5 deserved the win this year.

Barebones mumtiplayer offering in the middle of controversy... I dont really keep track of these awards so did games like Apex Legend etc win in the past?
I agree Forza deserved more, but racing games always get shoved to the side It's going to win best sports (the only one it's nominated for) game, but it deserves more.

jigglet

Banned
As someone who is expecting HI to be great, how the fuck can it even be in the poll considering it only came out today?

nemiroff

Gold Member
Poor A arvfab had to put lols on posts instead of playing games.

Feel bad for ya bud, how short are you for an xbox, I might donate.

Pm me.

Yeah that's A arvfab for you.. He's been doing this like forever. This is just a tiny window from his post history of the lols he did on people's posts in one Halo thread one day back in October:

gQ9sBvV.png

I guess I'll never stop being surprised over the length people are willing to go to be absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
As someone who is expecting HI to be great, how the fuck can it even be in the poll considering it only came out today?
Because the largest part of the game and the one ppl will keep going back to has been our for a month already.

Imagine telling ppl they couldn't nominate TLoU2 until thier Factions mutiplayer came out

Same difference

Kagey K

Banned
That's A arvfab for you.. He has been doing this forever, I'm surprised the mods still let him do it. This is just a tiny window from his post history of the lols he did on people's posts in one Halo thread one day back in October:

gQ9sBvV.png

I guess I'll never stop being surprised over the length people are willing to go to be absolutely pathetic.
I had a lengthy pm with them. Don't know if it made any difference, but I hope to see them be a better contributor going forward

Yeah that's A arvfab for you.. He's been doing this like forever. This is just a tiny window from his post history of the lols he did on people's posts in one Halo thread one day back in October:

gQ9sBvV.png

He is not the only one, there are at least 2 others spamming triggered/laugh emojis at Xbox posts. But now that you gave him attentin he will feel confirmed and continue spamming.

gQ9sBvV.png

Now that's one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen on here lol. I'm playing the campaign right now and I'm loving it too, but not sure how it can win TGA when it's only out since yesterday.

Kagey K

Banned
Now that's one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen on here lol. I'm playing the campaign right now and I'm loving it too, but not sure how it can win TGA when it's only out since yesterday.
It hasn't been out since yesterday. The arguably biggest and most important part of the game has been out for a month.

anthony2690

Banned
Man, it makes you wonder how much more of a landslide, this would this have been if the campaign was out for more than a few hours prior to the vote ending.

The multiplayer is pretty much perfect, my only complaints are not gameplay related, I just think the mtx is a little too expensive for my liking.

The battle pass I feel is worth the £8 I dropped on it, I think the exp gain is at a really good point too currently, I'm tier 80 on the battle pass, I do think if you're someone who is going to no life the multiplayer you will level up way slower.

But if you come on for 5 or 6 games each day, save your unlockable boosters when the weeklies reset, you absolutely fly up the battle pass.

& Campaign so far, only done the first two missions and just seen the world open up, just incredible so far.

arvfab

Banned

gQ9sBvV.png

I have a personal stalker. I'm so, so flattered ❤️

nemiroff

Gold Member
I have a personal stalker. I'm so, so flattered ❤️

You LOLed one of my posts in a Halo thread in October for no apparent sane reason, I found it peculiar and did a quick search to make sense of it and saw that you had done the same to other people as well. So I posted that screenshot in that thread there. You stood out to me as exceptionally pathetic and that's why I recalled your username here, that's all.

Last edited:
It is deserved but I still find it wierd because of the cut off date.

Would look pretty funny if Halo Infinite would win next years players choice award as well :p
I mean it could if they put out single player campaign DLC in like late summer/September. Not to mention all the new content they will place into multiplayer.

people upset that it won are just salty and think single player games should be considered more important than multiplayer games.

time to break that cycle. If it wasn’t Halo it would have been Forza.

Microsoft being back as well is the takeaway I get from it. Congrats to Phil Spencer.

arvfab

Banned
You LOLed one of my posts in a Halo thread in October for no apparent sane reason, I found it peculiar and did a quick search to make sense of it and saw that you had done the same to other people as well. So I posted that screenshot in that thread there. You stood out to me as exceptionally pathetic and that's why I recalled your username here, that's all.

Maybe, just maybe, I didn't check the date of the posts I was lolling at? And there was a lot to laugh, it's not my fault people write funny stuff...

But thanks for caring, now I know I should spend my toilet time in a more meaningful way.

Top Bottom