• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 • Coming on PS3 Holiday 2013

middle shot looks the best and most realistic though I do get the impression the last picture is rather cartoony.

What makes it look cartoony? The bleeding red of the car and the glare of the whole surrounding, both of which is caused by the harsh and direct light of the noon sun? You have to keep in mind that you are seeing this through the camera and not your own eyes. With those harsh lighting conditions I would even say you that would squint your eyes most of the time or wear sunglasses.

The middle picture does not share the same lighting conditions. The sun is about to set there and lighting overall is more softer, maybe you find it more realistic because you find the lighting more appealing to your eyes.

There is a reason why photographers prefer to take to pictures around morning and afternoon, when shooting with natural light.

Color temparature and principles of photography bla bla bla...

(i am not a photographer, so you can dismiss everything i said. i don't care)

Toxa

lighting is the same

i1jkSzVtyzbeWSH.jpg

Dibbz

I decreased the speed in that footage to look at the super fast forward bits near the end.

Trial Mountain still looks.. well:

Standard LM race cars on Tokyo R246:

All of that footage can be taken as GT5 footage since straight after that sequence it says "Next Up" and from that point it's all GT6 stuff.

Here's hoping anyway

driver116

A few things I want sorted in GT6 (aside from the things they've mentioned already):

-Arcade/Practice - all tracks to have all weather/full time of day settings
-A comprehensive career mode
-More restriction-based career races (ie PP)
-Bring back qualifying for races ♥
-...and stationary starts
-Lose the fanfares at the start/end of races
-Lose the built-in music for Tuning, Maintenance, Dealerships - just keep the current music pumping
-A little more electronic/bass/dance music
-Rotating around chase-cam

That's all
for now :D

coldfoot

Banned
iRTeOeRvhQ5l4.gif

Care to identify these cars?
I can ID

2. Audi R8
4. Aventador
6. Lexus
7. SLS AMG

Can't really be sure of the others.

Dead Man

The racing line doesn't even tell you to slow down on it either. Despite the fact that you clearly have to in fast cars.

Yes, I've used the racing line. I will accept all mocking.

I think lots of people use the racing line when they are learning the ring. :)

Makki

Dont watch it streamed. Download the 1080p version and marvel at the quality.... D:

The wheel turning glitch on the Alfa Romeo is gone btw when you play it downloaded, as well as the clipping when the camera flies over the little bridge at the scenic area towards the end.

Very interesting

He practically says that will be GT6 on PS3 and GT7 on PS4 (instead of GT6 port).

I’m fine with that.

It's more likely that will happen. GT2000 and GTHD never panned out after all.

I guess GT7 could be as soon as 1 year after GT6, we'll see. It seems silly to restrict the game to match the PS3's limitations (online cross play, cars on track, damage etc.) when you can launch a new game on a year's worth of install base.

Mobius 1

I will be happy with a simple single track demo with one car, on the PS4, if it looks like the 60fps video linked above.

I am amazed at it. Amazed.

seeds19

Banned
We'll see, Mercedes confirmed that all their cars from GT5 will be returning (along the 3 new ones).

I expect the new DTM cars from Mercedes Audi BMW to be in gt6, along with the olders, now i lost my hope, it's disgusting not having a proper and actualized grid of various competitions in a game like GT and having a lot of clones of the same Boring car, for me this is the major fault of my favourite racing game.

Perkel

Banned
I posted this in other thread:

I just watched the 1080p version - this doesn't have the anti-aliasing photomode does(accumulative buffer AA with non-ordered grid which gives superior results to supersampling - so even 2 or 4xAA will look cleaner than this video does, and photomode uses something like 60xAA from what I remember) - transparent stuff has no AA at all, and there's shader aliasing abound as well - so this capture was probably done with standard hardware MSAA (some pixel counters should jump on it).
Not saying this proves it ran on PS3@60hz - but it looks like a realtime-render capture (possibly with added after effects in video-post, but still).

And yea we get to see LOD switches etc. - which again doesn't suggest offline produced video.

Frankly GT5 30FPS replays were different in way that they included DoF, Motion Blurr and better AA (4xMSAA in replay 2xMSAA in gameplay in 1080p mode which was 1280x1080) Lighting, lods etc weren't any different in comparison to gameplay. You could switch camera to chase front or back and replay would go 60FPS

We already see DoF is vastly improved and so far there wasn't any usual GT5 motion blur ghosting effect. They even improved HDR (as per interview "50 times") by moving it to SPUs.

Imo i think that they simply got a lot of free resources and their post process effects got simply much more cheap and they are trying to get replays in real time at 60FPS with post process effects this is why at times that trailer looks amazing but at the same time AA completely breaks from time to time.

I think they also switched from MSAA to MLAA which would be cause of AA breaking when applied to subpixel surfaces (vide far fences in trailer)

We should remember that MLAA can give you terrific AA which at times effect can go even beyond 8xMSAA (close objects). So clean terrific pristine AA at times may be simply MLAA doing it's job and footage was created off real-time replays.

Also as we know it SPUs are terrific for MLAA (pointed how it was a lot cheaper than MSAA in GOW3 DF article) and they throw out 2-4xMSAA as being simply to costly in comparison end effect.

Also my other bullet point in this real-time 60FPS GT6 replays is that PD never released any trailer with such things like low res shadows or aliasing. More than that they mostly release 30FPS trailers.

There is one GT5 trailer which is 60FPS but it has such good IQ that no way i hell that was rendered on PS3.

So to sum all above:

- GT5 30FPS replays were just : increased AA + Motion Blurr + DoF. Nothing more. More than that both MB and DOF were very low res.
- GT6 has completely new engine and potentially they switched costly MSAA to much cheaper MLAA which was mayor point why GT5 had 30FPS replays not 60FPS (like in earlier games)
Both DOF and MB look much much much better which points that thanks to their new engine they got spare resources to bump up quality their PP effects a lot. Which also points that doesn't mean they used all spare power for just boosting PP effects.

My opinion is that we will see 60FPS replays in GT6.

Emwitus

Very flat looking, I can't believe ppl not seeing a difference are the same ones who spent thousands of posts to prove fm4 looked worse than gt5

Eso, because unlike most games, GT has a wide range of lighting conditions. Of the top of my head, Under the same lighting conditions tracks like spa/cape ring can also give the same looks as the pics posted. And with GT's expansive camera(arguably the most advanced in a game), it's possible to take infinitely different sets of pics.

Mobius 1

So... what are the chances that this GT6 trailer is actually PS4 footage..?

Unlikely, it was probably just rendered using the title's assets, like the previous concept videos.

Not to say that the PS4 could not look like that. Maybe it could. Probably would.

Mascot

Unlikely, it was probably just rendered using the title's assets, like the previous concept videos.

Not to say that the PS4 could not look like that. Maybe it could. Probably would.

It'd be one hell of a revelation though. Can you imagine the sound of all those exploding heads?

Niks

That 60fps trailer was awesome.
Cant wait till E3, hopefully they shed more info on the track creator (hopefully more locations) Ton of potential there..

amar212

Which one are you going for?

Most probably 65"ST50. It is 2012 model but it has just been offered for 1700 euros and I find it great price for what it gives.

2013 65"ST60 is now 3060 euros and it will take more than a year to come down to 2000 euros, not to even speak to 1700.

I hope I will manage to buy it.

FlyFaster

Still excited for this game and getting it day 1 but...

after reading the interview with Kaz about GT6, I can't help but feel it's more like GT5.5

Standards still in, probably no livery editor (from what I can tell so far) limited customization again, ect. Oh well. GT takes baby steps each time. Maybe GT7 will have new stuff.

Emwitus

Still excited for this game and getting it day 1 but...

after reading the interview with Kaz about GT6, I can't help but feel it's more like GT5.5

Standards still in, probably no livery editor (from what I can tell so far) limited customization again, ect. Oh well. GT takes baby steps each time. Maybe GT7 will have new stuff.

Did you play GT4 or GT2? Ofcourse it's more like GT5.5....only way it would be any different is if it was on PS4

He doesn't speak about the game. He explains how he driven the section.

Thanks bud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5DmAwnzOuBsYouTubeYouTube Me!Gran turismo 6 Bilstein Audi R8 LMS ultra 24h Nürburgring (0:46)Streckenführung Nürburgring Nordschleife mit hilfe von Gran turismo 6 Abschnitt Flugplatz - Adenauer Forst
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 v . . . Me!Gran turismo 6 Bilstein Audi R8 LMS ultra 24h Nürburgring (0:46)Streckenführung Nürburgring Nordschleife mit hilfe von Gran turismo 6 Abschnitt Flugplatz - Adenauer Forst
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 v . . .

GT6 at Nurb... WOW... Stunning.

Thanks for sharing. Just wow :O

Top Bottom