• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 • Coming on PS3 Holiday 2013

That's exactly what I was talking about the weight of the vehicles looks awesome.

alyzar.gif

televator

OMG! I seriously do hope they turn it around with the menus and mod options in this game. One of my gripes with GT5 was how ineffectual suspension changes were for many of the standard cars. Looks like they're really targeting suspension dynamics so I'm betting they'll give the standard models more love this this time.

tygertrip

What's your take on the lack of any mention of audio overhaul?

No overhaul?
E3 reveal...?

Kind of strange that pretty much graphics, cars, tracks, features..etc get touched upon but no mention of sound...

I'm getting scared....

Also, can't wait to see PD cut a Bathurst trailer...that's got to be epic!

DAMN! I was so excited that I didn't notice the omission. Why did you have to go piss in my Wheaties? :( Oh well, surely GT7 will have decent audio, 8 gigs and all.

Hold on...... It's not real footage?

Damn, it fooled me twice! First I thought it was GT5, then thought it was real life lol.

I didn't know there was footage of GT6 on the ring.

gogogow

Holy fucking shit! For a second, actually for a minute, I thought it was real-life footage, since it says Sports Live 1 in the upper corner, until I clicked on the youtube link and saw some of the trees.

Perkel

Banned
alyzar.gif

a56u8l.gif

every. single. bump.

goddamn perfection

also, top notch driving for who ever the pilots are

Ohhh sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Ok GT5 was awesome for me but this looks like whole new level..

I want to feel that FFB on wheel.

Shit need money to change my G25 for Fanatec CSR Elite....

I don't know if this has already been posted, but here some impressions of the new physics model
We secured hands-on time with GT6 around Silverstone in a Nismo 350Z and an Audi Quattro Group B S1 using a force feedback wheel and pedals, and this is how it's left us feeling...

If you play using manual gears, you'll be struck by how much more notice you need to take of your revs when downshifting. Previously cars would accommodate a flurry of downshifts in a split second without even a hint of lock-up from the rear, but just two corners in we nearly binned the Nismo by clicking down to second while the revs were too high.

We wrestled with the wheel, bringing the whole graceless affair almost to a halt before regaining control, and trying to keep notice for the next turn. Manual drivers make up the minority of GT's users of course, so it's all the more impressive that this detail is present. Like the incredibly high-poly cockpit of the Audi rally legend, it's something for the hardcore to enjoy.

Both the aero and suspension physics engines have been rebuilt according to the real race data Polyphony's acquired since GT5, and that translates into much more realistic weight shifting mid-corner, and on the exit.

Dampers and packers strain to balance my weight as I throw the S1 through Maggots, Beckets and Chapel a little bit quicker than it'd like. I wouldn't like to say how this will feel when you're using a pad rather than a wheel, but at least some of the necessary counter-steering I needed to stab into the wheel will translate to the analogue stick.

With a wheel and pedals, GT6 demands as much from you as hardcore PC sims GTR 2 and rFactor. The sound mix is set to highlight lock-ups and tyre squeals, and that lets you react instinctively with your ears and your hands.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/406438/previews/why-gran-turismo-6-is-more-than-just-a-numbers-game/

i-Lo

alyzar.gif

a56u8l.gif

every. single. bump.

goddamn perfection

The only way I could tell that the bottom was virtual (at that size) was the white line that follows a less rounded path and it is something that also plagues Drive Club in their last trailer. Can't they just paint that damn thing on top of the generic road texture?

1-D_FTW

by GT7 i doubt there will be any difference between Forza/GT/iRacing/rFactor2/LFS physic models.

Hopefully, but that seems optimistic. I personally find rf2 to be significantly better than iracing. But it's still more art than science. So everyone has different perspectives on the best even when the developer is aiming at pure sim.

every. single. bump.

goddamn perfection

I'm not sure. I was briefly fooled by this gif, thinking it was from the current 'Ring 24hr race. But it wasn't the graphics that made me suspicious as usual - it was the movement. I just couldn't believe somebody would drive that Audi so hard in real life - and when it hits the kerb I'd have expected a massive accident. Hitting the kerb that hard is not a good idea at the best of times, but while the car is still kinda unsettled from the previous turn... I dunno.

Perkel

Banned
Hopefully, but that seems optimistic. I personally find rf2 to be significantly better than iracing. But it's still more art than science. So everyone has different perspectives on the best even when the developer is aiming at pure sim.

1. We will know it by looking at GT6 physic model because it looks like it is improved a lot.
2. That is not simply true. All racing sims are trying to recreate reality. They are using advanced physic models to achieve that and that physic models are not created upon art but on solid science.

Sim racing will never be real thing but it can very very very closely recreate what is possible in real life and that is why F1 drivers use advanced simulators to hone their skill offtrack. Those simulators are not cheap.

Man those gifs fooled me, the map in the right corner and the dude in talking in the bottom left made me think it was some replay footage from the actual N24 race. :O

Why do these guys look sad? :(

And are these pics taken at KW HQ or do PD have all this suspension tech at their new offices?

KW calendar in the background and the bearded guy wearing a KW t-shirt in the last pic tells me they were at the KW HQ, also I don't think PD would have such machinery to test suspension.

Top Bottom