• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 7: Invasion

Lol I don't blame you, spamming it non stop would annoy me as well. I just like the look of it but yeah some equip sounds can be a bit irritating to the ear.

Looked at some cosplays for other skins. and I gotta say some really hit or miss ones imo. But some of the Jules cosplays are incredible. I looked at pictures of Ashe, not a bad character design. much prefer Victoria though lol, it's the outfit, pale skin, long hair that does it for me.

I think the majority of the marvel or DC series skins try to find a middle ground. They are aware not whole lot of people/teens or kids read comic books. so they basically design or incorporate elements of the MCU or DC cinematic universes and comic book designs into the skins. that's why the iron man skin doesn't resemble RDJ but his built in emote/suit up version is exactly his endgame incarnation. Might be due to either licensing negotiations or because they want a middle ground.

I think when people were saying that fortbytes is better is because they were irritated with how alien artifacts are incorporated into the game. Personally i don't think either one is better than the other. but rather it's more tell6of epic's execution of in game fetch collection's.

Not sure, people seem to be really excited for the skin and it's variants, me included lol. But who knows maybe there is a couple of people who regret buying parry trooper. But why complain? people should be glad they got an exclusive style and variant that no one has or will get ever again lol. Speaking of J balvin

Got teased this morning. buy my god, the collaborations don't end...they keep going holy moly epic games!!

I'm genuinely not sure if there's any other pickaxe whose sound is nearly as irritating when spammed. And it doesn't matter if it's by someone else I'm spectating or a teammate, that sound is too much haha.

Damn, I'll have to check out those Jules cosplays then! Oh I'm just saying Ashe is more well known in general so it'd probably make more sense for a cosplayer to go with her if they're going to put in the effort. Unless of course if the cosplayer is doing it out of love for the character, then Victoria it is.

Could be a combination of both like you surmise. Still very impressed and tickled at how John Wick looks just like Keanu, guess his awesomeness knows no bounds :D

Hah I think it's simple: most people forget the shit times they had to go through and just piggyback on the bitching flavour of the month. Personally I didn't mind the Fortbytes myself too much, though they did encourage a frequent login pattern which has sort of lived on in Daily Challenges.

Hah I'm not interested enough in the Balvin skin nor party trooper, already got my favourite party skin years ago and for whatever reason Epic doesn't bring her back in spite of the numerous party-related events.
1Ja9pos.jpg

I Like this skin overall and think it's great as someone who enjoys and loves the show. but I have a one gripe. Namely the ADS, his mecha shoulder takes up some huge amount of space so it's kinda hard to not get distracted by that. Love the emote, but man I would of loved if the dance and song from the purge episode was one. This one

uOMBxE6.gif

"It feels gooood!!!"
After seeing Morty in the shop, I suspect Kit was the Walmart version.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It's rift week, or launch pad week, or some BS and me and my duo partner came up with the worlds greatest trap idea. Video incoming next time we play.

I'm genuinely not sure if there's any other pickaxe whose sound is nearly as irritating when spammed. And it doesn't matter if it's by someone else I'm spectating or a teammate, that sound is too much haha.

Damn, I'll have to check out those Jules cosplays then! Oh I'm just saying Ashe is more well known in general so it'd probably make more sense for a cosplayer to go with her if they're going to put in the effort. Unless of course if the cosplayer is doing it out of love for the character, then Victoria it is.

Could be a combination of both like you surmise. Still very impressed and tickled at how John Wick looks just like Keanu, guess his awesomeness knows no bounds :D

Hah I think it's simple: most people forget the shit times they had to go through and just piggyback on the bitching flavour of the month. Personally I didn't mind the Fortbytes myself too much, though they did encourage a frequent login pattern which has sort of lived on in Daily Challenges.

Hah I'm not interested enough in the Balvin skin nor party trooper, already got my favourite party skin years ago and for whatever reason Epic doesn't bring her back in spite of the numerous party-related events.

After seeing Morty in the shop, I suspect Kit was the Walmart version.

Looks like we have very own disliked pickaxe sounds haha. golf club for me and the reaper for you lol.

Ah okay, I mean I guess I can see why female cosplayers would dress up as that character. even though this fortnite. wouldn't say my girl is the most recognized skin or character among the mainstays like peely, cuddle team leader, fishstick.

That's normal on twitter, used to be collaborations. still is, everyone has different tastes or preferences when it comes to skins or cosmetics. but it's constant bitching about the marvel, DC and well any general collaboration for that matter. wouldn't believe how many were complaining about loki being a crew skin lol.

Sometimes the design team at Epic nail it, Sometimes it's a instant miss. still funny that there is literally two John Wick skins in the game. Reaper and John Wick as John Wick haha.

Just bought J balvin for that third style. liking the second one as well. but that third one is so wild and out there that I had to get it. I was interested in party trooper when the rift tour was present. but I had a feeling something better suited to my tastes would come along eventually and behold! Glowy skeleton balvin!! lol

Pour kit, he got the beta test status lol. though you're right, he was most likely to test the ground for implementing smaller skins into the game. albeit they use mech suits. won't be even bit surprised if we get sonic the hedgehog piloting a doctor robotnik Suit lmao.

FnAqO0v.jpg

Pay to lose? alrighty then pay to lose it is lol. Btw what level is everyone currently at? I'm at level 197...two more to go and I've maxed out my BP.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
My kid playing a lot again of a clearly robbed Among Us mode here ha. Unrelated, but I have to say that the graphics of Fornite (on Xbox Series X) are absolutely fantastic. Didnt check the game in a long while.

Looks like we have very own disliked pickaxe sounds haha. golf club for me and the reaper for you lol.

Ah okay, I mean I guess I can see why female cosplayers would dress up as that character. even though this fortnite. wouldn't say my girl is the most recognized skin or character among the mainstays like peely, cuddle team leader, fishstick.

That's normal on twitter, used to be collaborations. still is, everyone has different tastes or preferences when it comes to skins or cosmetics. but it's constant bitching about the marvel, DC and well any general collaboration for that matter. wouldn't believe how many were complaining about loki being a crew skin lol.

Sometimes the design team at Epic nail it, Sometimes it's a instant miss. still funny that there is literally two John Wick skins in the game. Reaper and John Wick as John Wick haha.

Just bought J balvin for that third style. liking the second one as well. but that third one is so wild and out there that I had to get it. I was interested in party trooper when the rift tour was present. but I had a feeling something better suited to my tastes would come along eventually and behold! Glowy skeleton balvin!! lol

Pour kit, he got the beta test status lol. though you're right, he was most likely to test the ground for implementing smaller skins into the game. albeit they use mech suits. won't be even bit surprised if we get sonic the hedgehog piloting a doctor robotnik Suit lmao.
Frankly I can't say I understand why you dislike the golf club lol. I suspect your case is psychological, mine is physical; the sound of the scythe overpowers everything, even voicechat with it on is a pain. Still not as bad as nails on a chalkboard hahaha.

I just realized because I don't really lurk on Twitter for FN news, I'm quite oblivious to what you're seeing; didn't realize people were bitching about Loki.

Well, your wallet should be glad that Epic doesn't always land a hit lol. While Reaper isn't bad, John Wick supersedes him entirely in my eyes, the second style in particular is such a boss.

Without a doubt, that third style for Balvin is ballin' and if you pay to lose, at least you lose in style!

I don't watch Rick & Morty so perhaps my taste is biased but I like Kit a lot. I jokingly called him Walmart Morty because it looks to me like he was the prototype version of a skin with that concept. As an aside, I much prefer Kit to Meowscles, and it's not just because we get to use all of Kit's styles.

You know, considering there's a new TMNT game coming next year, Epic might actually try to bring the turtles and Krang into Fortnite :D
FnAqO0v.jpg

Pay to lose? alrighty then pay to lose it is lol. Btw what level is everyone currently at? I'm at level 197...two more to go and I've maxed out my BP.
I'm at 213. Leveling is nice and manageable like the last season, artifacts are the grindy part this round though.

My kid playing a lot again of a clearly robbed Among Us mode here ha. Unrelated, but I have to say that the graphics of Fornite (on Xbox Series X) are absolutely fantastic. Didnt check the game in a long while.
I didn't play Among Us but besides the third person perspective which requires its own kind of awareness, getting to use your own outfits and emotes adds a whole other cosmetic dimension to the game...and the graphics play a part in that lol.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: JLB
LeBron James and Ariana Grande both had really appealing gliders in their sets and Wonder Woman's glider completes the hat trick of amazing wings. Epic outdoes Red Bull confirmed.
xmwnfjn.jpg

And for me, 20% (or more) of the Impostors mode's appeal is the brief introduction where we strike some fancy schmancy poses. Seeing Master Chief and a Stormtrooper is a special kind of goofy.
Ag8tjXd.jpg

5hLiwSD.jpg

Frankly I can't say I understand why you dislike the golf club lol. I suspect your case is psychological, mine is physical; the sound of the scythe overpowers everything, even voicechat with it on is a pain. Still not as bad as nails on a chalkboard hahaha.

I just realized because I don't really lurk on Twitter for FN news, I'm quite oblivious to what you're seeing; didn't realize people were bitching about Loki.

Well, your wallet should be glad that Epic doesn't always land a hit lol. While Reaper isn't bad, John Wick supersedes him entirely in my eyes, the second style in particular is such a boss.

Without a doubt, that third style for Balvin is ballin' and if you pay to lose, at least you lose in style!

I don't watch Rick & Morty so perhaps my taste is biased but I like Kit a lot. I jokingly called him Walmart Morty because it looks to me like he was the prototype version of a skin with that concept. As an aside, I much prefer Kit to Meowscles, and it's not just because we get to use all of Kit's styles.

You know, considering there's a new TMNT game coming next year, Epic might actually try to bring the turtles and Krang into Fortnite :D

I'm at 213. Leveling is nice and manageable like the last season, artifacts are the grindy part this round though.

The sound, mainly although I'm going to still say it looks dumb lol. but rather it's the equip sound. it's annoying when spammed, it's annoying when equipped. it's a very annoying pickaxe imo, hell I'd even take starwand and the ice breaker over it. the scythe is 💋👌 the cream of the crop of basic pickaxes. definitely wanna get it when fortnightmares returns or the Halloween item shops.

Yup, 90% of what you hear in game or on other sites. half if not half of the Twitter fortnite community is incredibly negative all the time. either bitching, whining about something so simple and harmless. and yes, they bitched about a crew skin pack. it went from BP collabs to crew collabs. they don't know what they want to hate.

Well, Epic can always drop.him in the item shop. anytime I got da bonks to buy him lol.

Oh yeah definitely, "if I'm going to go down. I'm gonna go down on the fury road". mad max fury road reference if you were wondering lol.

I love Rick and morty so I had to get morty. it wouldn't feel right with just having Rick and not his sidekick/grandson. I like both Kit and meowscles equally. they serve their purposes for what Epic designed them, I'm kitty kitty, I'm cat meow!! If you mess with me, you're going to get scratched! lol.

Count me, in I'd love to shout "it's pizza time!!" and then play the cartoon series theme in the background while running as the turtles. that and give me a shredder skin, no seriously epic games give me a shredder skin asap! Lol

Damn, did you buy tiers? or grind alot? and disturbingly there is fortnite players....who are level 500 and beyond. I would use the Michael Jordan get help gif but yeah....

The sound, mainly although I'm going to still say it looks dumb lol. but rather it's the equip sound. it's annoying when spammed, it's annoying when equipped. it's a very annoying pickaxe imo, hell I'd even take starwand and the ice breaker over it. the scythe is 💋👌 the cream of the crop of basic pickaxes. definitely wanna get it when fortnightmares returns or the Halloween item shops.
Lol okay, we really have a completely different view on this cause of the four pickaxes you listed, I'd rank scythe last just for how it sound (be it equipping or swinging). Icebreaker is great, the head is quite big though and might obscure your view. Personally I think the crowbar is my favourite of the visually basic pickaxes. On one hand it's great that it was free, on the other hand it only returned once AFAIK which means some people might not have it if they started later.
Yup, 90% of what you hear in game or on other sites. half if not half of the Twitter fortnite community is incredibly negative all the time. either bitching, whining about something so simple and harmless. and yes, they bitched about a crew skin pack. it went from BP collabs to crew collabs. they don't know what they want to hate.
Feels like it's just the result of easily accessible Internet. Not sure how many people bitching online genuinely feel that way, or if it's just a means to vent and get some little drama going on in their life.
Well, Epic can always drop.him in the item shop. anytime I got da bonks to buy him lol.
Oh you missed him in the previous releases? Just...don't buy every collab that comes in LOL, cause it feels like Epic has a lot of them lined up.
Count me, in I'd love to shout "it's pizza time!!" and then play the cartoon series theme in the background while running as the turtles. that and give me a shredder skin, no seriously epic games give me a shredder skin asap! Lol
The Artstation entry for Spire Immortal noted that he has Spawn and Shredder vibes IIRC. Maybe that's a hint for the future :D
Damn, did you buy tiers? or grind alot? and disturbingly there is fortnite players....who are level 500 and beyond. I would use the Michael Jordan get help gif but yeah....
Didn't buy tiers, it's not necessary if you are able to do dailies and aim for the rare quests (consume __ foraged items, deal __ explosive damage) which can be done easily in some of the events...like Pro 100 :D

From what I skimmed of the titles on the subreddit, Impostors grants quite a bit of XP too, perfect for those who need to gain levels quickly.

Lol okay, we really have a completely different view on this cause of the four pickaxes you listed, I'd rank scythe last just for how it sound (be it equipping or swinging). Icebreaker is great, the head is quite big though and might obscure your view. Personally I think the crowbar is my favourite of the visually basic pickaxes. On one hand it's great that it was free, on the other hand it only returned once AFAIK which means some people might not have it if they started later.

Feels like it's just the result of easily accessible Internet. Not sure how many people bitching online genuinely feel that way, or if it's just a means to vent and get some little drama going on in their life.

Oh you missed him in the previous releases? Just...don't buy every collab that comes in LOL, cause it feels like Epic has a lot of them lined up.

The Artstation entry for Spire Immortal noted that he has Spawn and Shredder vibes IIRC. Maybe that's a hint for the future :D

Didn't buy tiers, it's not necessary if you are able to do dailies and aim for the rare quests (consume __ foraged items, deal __ explosive damage) which can be done easily in some of the events...like Pro 100 :D

From what I skimmed of the titles on the subreddit, Impostors grants quite a bit of XP too, perfect for those who need to gain levels quickly.

Alot of people who missed out on the getaway challenges regret not getting it or the backblings. me personally I'm content with my gold crowbar from the double agent set.

whether it be internet, or just venting. they basically project what is on their minds. I'm not sure using collab skins as the main source of that venting is good imo. people have tastes in skins, but don't bitch about something you don't have to buy or be forced to get.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen lol. it'll have to be when I have a shit ton of V bucks and i get the opportunity to buy it like galaxy scout, the street fighter skins, and the sica bundle. btw I got the sica set and her glider.

That's who we need, we need some mothafucking spawn up in this joint!! Lol but I reckon why is because he's not the priority or because Todd McFarlane is busy with other spawn related stuff. Like a movie and those new spawn universe comic books.

ah I see, I've been grinding since the release day of the BP. been doing every XP trick and challenge they gave us. and oh yeah I grinded a bit in imposters for some xp the other day. really nice!!

7cNjBQu.jpg

I'm just gonna pretend this is agent J and he somehow lost his black jacket. so he's going all in on these aliens!! but seriously epic...missed opportunity for a Men in black collab.

Alot of people who missed out on the getaway challenges regret not getting it or the backblings. me personally I'm content with my gold crowbar from the double agent set.

whether it be internet, or just venting. they basically project what is on their minds. I'm not sure using collab skins as the main source of that venting is good imo. people have tastes in skins, but don't bitch about something you don't have to buy or be forced to get.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen lol. it'll have to be when I have a shit ton of V bucks and i get the opportunity to buy it like galaxy scout, the street fighter skins, and the sica bundle. btw I got the sica set and her glider.

That's who we need, we need some mothafucking spawn up in this joint!! Lol but I reckon why is because he's not the priority or because Todd McFarlane is busy with other spawn related stuff. Like a movie and those new spawn universe comic books.

ah I see, I've been grinding since the release day of the BP. been doing every XP trick and challenge they gave us. and oh yeah I grinded a bit in imposters for some xp the other day. really nice!!
In my experience I rarely see the crystal llama BBs unless they're AI bots, the crowbar is really neat and I'm sure you've noticed it with the gold one: it takes up little screen space. They have different sounds by the way.

Heh, I'd just ignore them if they have a pattern of incessant bitching. My twitter feed is awesome; the algorithm will feed you more of what you engage with, be it the good or the bad.

Well you certainly have enough vbucks for John Wick if he shows up any day now, just need to bank aside the 2000 vbucks and congrats on finally getting Sica btw, even if she's not goth at all :D

Could be a variety of reasons, sometimes I think Epic wants to time some collabs to fit the season's theme or a real life event (typically promo related). I don't mind them taking their time, just make sure he's kickass!

Well, that's why you aren't exactly far behind me in terms of levels.
7cNjBQu.jpg

I'm just gonna pretend this is agent J and he somehow lost his black jacket. so he's going all in on these aliens!! but seriously epic...missed opportunity for a Men in black collab.
Even with your collab addiction you can still set aside the vbucks for John Wick lol. Hopefully they'll make a bundle with him and the pickaxe so you can get it all cheaper, so to speak.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Cool beans, looking forward to it.
If it doesn't live up to your "marketing fluff", please get banned till the next season starts XD

We tried so hard to do it yesterday but we could never manage to do it.

The idea was to build a 6 high 1x1 (tower) in the middle of the 2nd circle. My partner stays in a separate 1x1 attached diagonally to the 6 high tower with a golden orb gun. I get rifted on, I seal the top so enemies can't one pump me and my teammate orbs my tower so it collapses the moment they land at the top. I fall down with cow suit unscathed.

I don't know how many times we tried it but something always went wrong. Either I didn't build high enough. We orbed before they landed. We'd get landed on before we could set it up. No one would show up and we'd just wait until storm pushed us to 3rd circle... Literally something different went wrong every ****ing time.

It was the worlds greatest trap that never worked. I'm a genius I tell you!

In my experience I rarely see the crystal llama BBs unless they're AI bots, the crowbar is really neat and I'm sure you've noticed it with the gold one: it takes up little screen space. They have different sounds by the way.

Heh, I'd just ignore them if they have a pattern of incessant bitching. My twitter feed is awesome; the algorithm will feed you more of what you engage with, be it the good or the bad.

Well you certainly have enough vbucks for John Wick if he shows up any day now, just need to bank aside the 2000 vbucks and congrats on finally getting Sica btw, even if she's not goth at all :D

Could be a variety of reasons, sometimes I think Epic wants to time some collabs to fit the season's theme or a real life event (typically promo related). I don't mind them taking their time, just make sure he's kickass!

Well, that's why you aren't exactly far behind me in terms of levels.

Even with your collab addiction you can still set aside the vbucks for John Wick lol. Hopefully they'll make a bundle with him and the pickaxe so you can get it all cheaper, so to speak.

There is something so satisfying about using the gold crowbar. makes you feel like some God king burglar ready to konk someone on the head with it lol jk.

Trust me, it's very hard to ignore a thread. when suddenly you come across the most dumbest, pettiness I've seen so far. luckily there is a block button so I don't have to see their assine opinions lol.

With all these freaking collabs, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep onto the V bucks I have now lol. and oh yeah, I like menace and his set, so having a female counterpart was icing on the cake. but for me, the real star is her glider, I really love it and goes so good with menace.

As a saying goes, take your time, do it right. would rather they create a cool ass skin than release a rehash with a different coat of paint.

Yup! Just hit level 200 last night. was playing a match of team rumble. when a sweat killed me two times while doing the laugh it up emote on me. came back, and eliminated him twice in return while doing the Diamond bts emote on him and hit level 200 at the same time!! glorious! Purpose!!

Can't stop, won't stop, don't know how to stop at these collabs!! and yes!! give me liberty epic or give me a John Wick bundle!! *slams fist on desk*

We tried so hard to do it yesterday but we could never manage to do it.

The idea was to build a 6 high 1x1 (tower) in the middle of the 2nd circle. My partner stays in a separate 1x1 attached diagonally to the 6 high tower with a golden orb gun. I get rifted on, I seal the top so enemies can't one pump me and my teammate orbs my tower so it collapses the moment they land at the top. I fall down with cow suit unscathed.

I don't know how many times we tried it but something always went wrong. Either I didn't build high enough. We orbed before they landed. We'd get landed on before we could set it up. No one would show up and we'd just wait until storm pushed us to 3rd circle... Literally something different went wrong every ****ing time.

It was the worlds greatest trap that never worked. I'm a genius I tell you!
Sorry to hear that, you still gotta get ba...just kidding haha. Maybe the next week there'll be something else you can try since these 'overtime' weeks are when they have specific gimmick additions.

I can't say I can fully picture what you're describing, it sounds like you wanna catch the enemies together in a rift and have them fly in with you to the top of your tower??

I was imagining maybe you'd have some kind of bouncer trap that would send enemies hurtling out of a tunnel into a spot where your partner could grab them with a UFO and toss them somewhere though that kinda requires the help of the storm.

Also, offtopic but I find it a little corny that you feel the need to put asterisks in the place of "fucking". It's the world's most useful word that happens to not use the most common vowel, though I guess that makes the times when you would spell it out have more impact lol.

There is something so satisfying about using the gold crowbar. makes you feel like some God king burglar ready to konk someone on the head with it lol jk.

Trust me, it's very hard to ignore a thread. when suddenly you come across the most dumbest, pettiness I've seen so far. luckily there is a block button so I don't have to see their assine opinions lol.

With all these freaking collabs, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep onto the V bucks I have now lol. and oh yeah, I like menace and his set, so having a female counterpart was icing on the cake. but for me, the real star is her glider, I really love it and goes so good with menace.

As a saying goes, take your time, do it right. would rather they create a cool ass skin than release a rehash with a different coat of paint.

Yup! Just hit level 200 last night. was playing a match of team rumble. when a sweat killed me two times while doing the laugh it up emote on me. came back, and eliminated him twice in return while doing the Diamond bts emote on him and hit level 200 at the same time!! glorious! Purpose!!

Can't stop, won't stop, don't know how to stop at these collabs!! and yes!! give me liberty epic or give me a John Wick bundle!! *slams fist on desk*
Yea I think it's a good replacement for people who couldn't get the original. I never got it though because I'm happy with the original and how it goes well with almost any skin.

Oh for sure, plenty of times when I feel like replying to something but I just don't, it's a habit that can be cultivated both ways.

Admittedly Cerberus hasn't fully grown on me, he's great but can get a bit noisy at times haha.

Man, I wouldn't mind getting hit by either BTS emotes lol. I went to check out the full song some time after the emotes dropped and it's a very, very well made piece of pop music. Not necessarily my favourite song of any year, but I can't deny the craftsmanship.

Here's a song for ya :D

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Sorry to hear that, you still gotta get ba...just kidding haha. Maybe the next week there'll be something else you can try since these 'overtime' weeks are when they have specific gimmick additions.

I can't say I can fully picture what you're describing, it sounds like you wanna catch the enemies together in a rift and have them fly in with you to the top of your tower??

I was imagining maybe you'd have some kind of bouncer trap that would send enemies hurtling out of a tunnel into a spot where your partner could grab them with a UFO and toss them somewhere though that kinda requires the help of the storm.

Also, offtopic but I find it a little corny that you feel the need to put asterisks in the place of "fucking". It's the world's most useful word that happens to not use the most common vowel, though I guess that makes the times when you would spell it out have more impact lol.

So that orb gun, the one that shoots a slow orb that breaks builds? You can aim it diagonally at a 1x1 (6 stories tall) and it'll take the whole thing down in ~1 second.

The theory was that because sweats are so thirsty, and constantly in the air during Rift week, that they'd land on top of my tower (with me at the top),my hidden teammate (down below) would take the whole tower down the moment they landed on me. In theory, it wouldn't matter if two Bughas landed on me because they would almost immediately fall to their deaths. (I have cow backpack to save myself)

Note: You can't take a 1x1 down by shooting it straight on. The orb isn't big enough to take down all the walls. Or rather, you need 2 orbs to do it that way.

Pretty bad*** right?

So that orb gun, the one that shoots a slow orb that breaks builds? You can aim it diagonally at a 1x1 (6 stories tall) and it'll take the whole thing down in ~1 second.

The theory was that because sweats are so thirsty, and constantly in the air during Rift week, that they'd land on top of my tower (with me at the top),my hidden teammate (down below) would take the whole tower down the moment they landed on me. In theory, it wouldn't matter if two Bughas landed on me because they would almost immediately fall to their deaths. (I have cow backpack to save myself)

Note: You can't take a 1x1 down by shooting it straight on. The orb isn't big enough to take down all the walls. Or rather, you need 2 orbs to do it that way.

Pretty bad*** right?
Oh, you're talking about the plasma cannon alright.

And yea it'd be a neat idea when it worked, too bad no one played along with it unintentionally.

Were you supposed to make your presence known to the enemy at the top of the tower?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Oh, you're talking about the plasma cannon alright.

And yea it'd be a neat idea when it worked, too bad no one played along with it unintentionally.

Were you supposed to make your presence known to the enemy at the top of the tower?

Mother of God, we tried it about a dozen times again and couldn't get it to work. It's insane how every time it fails it's for a different reason. We tried it a few times with me dropping down and hiding in a bush because we got ramped on a few times but we got randomly reconned.

Did get our first two wins of Rift week tonight, but FFS I'm glad it's over. Felt like Ch. 1 glider redeploy all over again.

Mother of God, we tried it about a dozen times again and couldn't get it to work. It's insane how every time it fails it's for a different reason. We tried it a few times with me dropping down and hiding in a bush because we got ramped on a few times but we got randomly reconned.

Did get our first two wins of Rift week tonight, but FFS I'm glad it's over. Felt like Ch. 1 glider redeploy all over again.
I can relate to "failing cause of stupid reasons enough times to blog about" lol. It would probably be interesting if you gave some of the more fun examples of what went wrong.

The times I'm thinking about are opening Cosmic Chests with randoms and that one getaway event thing where you had to fly to the escape point in a choppa that needed to be fuelled up first.

As for randomly reconned, I don't know; I think any team (duo, trio and squad) worth their salt would have at least one member carrying a scanner just to scout suspicious avenues. I think the only people who won't carry them (as opposed to not having found any) are those who are overconfident in their build & shoot skills.

I'm not a huge fan of launchpads, bouncers and shockwaves so the first two being part of a gimmick week is okay with me.

Yea I think it's a good replacement for people who couldn't get the original. I never got it though because I'm happy with the original and how it goes well with almost any skin.

Oh for sure, plenty of times when I feel like replying to something but I just don't, it's a habit that can be cultivated both ways.

Admittedly Cerberus hasn't fully grown on me, he's great but can get a bit noisy at times haha.

Man, I wouldn't mind getting hit by either BTS emotes lol. I went to check out the full song some time after the emotes dropped and it's a very, very well made piece of pop music. Not necessarily my favourite song of any year, but I can't deny the craftsmanship.

Here's a song for ya :D

At first I only bought the set because of chaos agent as thats one of my favorite skins/characters related to the lore.
So gold/ghost chaos agent was a no brainer for me. the other two skins are excellent, so having their pickaxes was essential for me. didn't think I'd enjoy the gold crowbar but I was wrong lol.

The colors, design and the animation are what sold me on it. There is quite a few legendary Gliders in the game. albeit some with unique animations and functions. being someone who is pretty well versed on Greek mythology. I like it alot.

Exactly how I feel/felt. was salty I couldn't buy them at the time, so I was forced to listen to them some looped hour long youtube videos of the emotes or listen to the the songs. Gotta admit I was not disappointed, not one bit haha.

QE3XTGf.jpg

Ngl but these skins from the leaked survey have been great, designed very very well imo. now I like the summer sky skin don't get me wrong. but she really didn't warrant a crew month spot. She seems more like a item shop or real money/challenge pack skin In my humble opinion. this however is one awesome design, the armor and colors are all vivid and beautiful. only downside is he didn't come with a glider or wrap or loading screen. Overall enjoying this skin and looking forward to chaos origins!

At first I only bought the set because of chaos agent as thats one of my favorite skins/characters related to the lore.
So gold/ghost chaos agent was a no brainer for me. the other two skins are excellent, so having their pickaxes was essential for me. didn't think I'd enjoy the gold crowbar but I was wrong lol.

The colors, design and the animation are what sold me on it. There is quite a few legendary Gliders in the game. albeit some with unique animations and functions. being someone who is pretty well versed on Greek mythology. I like it alot.

Exactly how I feel/felt. was salty I couldn't buy them at the time, so I was forced to listen to them some looped hour long youtube videos of the emotes or listen to the the songs. Gotta admit I was not disappointed, not one bit haha.
You probably thought you'd like the scythe the most out of the three lol. Hush's pickaxes are the least appealing IMO, skin is fantastic though.

Is Cerberus your favourite glider that you own? It's certainly not mine, though it is nice and currently occupies its own niche.

Well, I'd say the two BTS emotes are easily in the top 5 of all the icon series emotes so far, would take a very particular type of person to be disappointed in them haha.
QE3XTGf.jpg

Ngl but these skins from the leaked survey have been great, designed very very well imo. now I like the summer sky skin don't get me wrong. but she really didn't warrant a crew month spot. She seems more like a item shop or real money/challenge pack skin In my humble opinion. this however is one awesome design, the armor and colors are all vivid and beautiful. only downside is he didn't come with a glider or wrap or loading screen. Overall enjoying this skin and looking forward to chaos origins!
I'm not sold on either one of them (Summer Skye and this Shredder wannabe lol). It's an interesting strategy from Epic though, trying to entice more people into subbing more regularly. Wouldn't be surprised if they have additional styles for Burning Wolf later this month as he currently feels a bit skimpy, like they're dividing the 'value' between the skin and the progressive back bling.
yK5ZXL2.jpg

"Gamora....I don't f-feel..so good..."
Sheesh, you bought the Shang Chi set yea? At this rate John Wick will pop up right as you dip below 2000 XD

That game is so big now, it's too daunting to start. :O

Aliens Fireteam is simple enough for me.
Hah, I know that feel. It's important for games like that to have good onboarding, but it's easier said than done.

And on that topic, I often wonder how a newbie to FNBR would feel, the game doesn't explicitly teach you anything. I remember learning about harvesting weakspots from a youtube video o_O

You probably thought you'd like the scythe the most out of the three lol. Hush's pickaxes are the least appealing IMO, skin is fantastic though.

Is Cerberus your favourite glider that you own? It's certainly not mine, though it is nice and currently occupies its own niche.

Well, I'd say the two BTS emotes are easily in the top 5 of all the icon series emotes so far, would take a very particular type of person to be disappointed in them haha.

I'm not sold on either one of them (Summer Skye and this Shredder wannabe lol). It's an interesting strategy from Epic though, trying to entice more people into subbing more regularly. Wouldn't be surprised if they have additional styles for Burning Wolf later this month as he currently feels a bit skimpy, like they're dividing the 'value' between the skin and the progressive back bling.

Sheesh, you bought the Shang Chi set yea? At this rate John Wick will pop up right as you dip below 2000 XD

I still very much enjoy the golden chaos scythe. just not as much as the OG one and the gold crowbar lol.

Cerberus is one of my many favorite Gliders. I very much enjoy most of the marvel and some of the DC series gliders. love ariana grande's, like the j balvin one, LeBron james glider,, and oro's is top notch imo.

It's pretty much a done deal that he, chaos origins, and sierra? Will get additional styles. as long as you're subscribed for three months, and own all three skins. not to big on summer sky, but burning wolf looks amazing imo. of course though everyone has different preferences, different tastes in skins. there is something for everyone lol.

vEKlUwg.jpg

rxNkP8m.gif

I still very much enjoy the golden chaos scythe. just not as much as the OG one and the gold crowbar lol.

Cerberus is one of my many favorite Gliders. I very much enjoy most of the marvel and some of the DC series gliders. love ariana grande's, like the j balvin one, LeBron james glider,, and oro's is top notch imo.

It's pretty much a done deal that he, chaos origins, and sierra? Will get additional styles. as long as you're subscribed for three months, and own all three skins. not to big on summer sky, but burning wolf looks amazing imo. of course though everyone has different preferences, different tastes in skins. there is something for everyone lol.

vEKlUwg.jpg

rxNkP8m.gif
Yea the crowbar is just too solid of a pickaxe in general (the Easter variant is a bit silly though) and I imagine one fine day we might get Gordon Freeman's crowbar from Half-Life.

Seems like you just like gliding with animals and beasts haha.

Oh yea it's great that you love the wolf, just not for me unfortunately. If I had to pinpoint one aspect, his head feels weak to me. I do like the mix of traditional garb + mecha body parts, always like that kind of juxtaposition.

Well, of course you reply with the superior MCU skin's gif :D I do wish his horns were longer like the Fortnite version!

Yea the crowbar is just too solid of a pickaxe in general (the Easter variant is a bit silly though) and I imagine one fine day we might get Gordon Freeman's crowbar from Half-Life.

Seems like you just like gliding with animals and beasts haha.

Oh yea it's great that you love the wolf, just not for me unfortunately. If I had to pinpoint one aspect, his head feels weak to me. I do like the mix of traditional garb + mecha body parts, always like that kind of juxtaposition.

Well, of course you reply with the superior MCU skin's gif :D I do wish his horns were longer like the Fortnite version!

Yeah I gotta agree. overall very solid and well made pickaxe. OG, gold, not too sure of the easter one as well lol. I love using it with midas, any gold related skin that makes sense.

Why not! they are fun and unique to glide around with. as much as I'm use to those parasols, it's fun to mix up things. even noisy animal/beast gliders haha.

Yeah I get he's not very appealing to most people. I just enjoy this design and colors so much. its rare for me to admit that about pink and black. although I do love me some teef and jawbreaker. something about his design and clicks with me. here's hoping chaos origins matches that, along with sierra.

Oh yeah, I do enjoy loki's design in fortnite quite alot. probably the most superior MCU design besides thanos. the rest are more or less a combination of the MCU designs and comic book appearances. speaking of marvel characters, hey epic where is my doctor strange or spider man skins? Hmm?

Ola2AIS.gif

Not to brag or anything. but I've been going over the amount of shit I've bought in this game for the past 3 months.

-Lebron James bundle/gear
-thanos and the snap emote
-Ariana grande bundle
-rainbow carver pickaxe
-starlord bundle
-gamora bundle
-bugha bundle
-street fighter skins/gear bundles (both of them)
-mike lowery skin/pickaxes
-wonderwoman bundle
-mecha morty bundle
-darkfire pack
-shadows rising pack
-magma masters pack
-galaxy scout skin/pickaxes
-sica bundle
-every remaining marvel skin and bundle except venom, Daredevil, ghost rider, captain america, blade, X-force skins and gear because I owned them all before this season started.
-beef boss and his pickaxe
-vox hunter challenge pack
-shang-chi bundle
-joy bundle
-all the crew packs since MCM, loki, summer skye, burning wolf.

And I think that's it? Lol!!

Yeah I gotta agree. overall very solid and well made pickaxe. OG, gold, not too sure of the easter one as well lol. I love using it with midas, any gold related skin that makes sense.

Why not! they are fun and unique to glide around with. as much as I'm use to those parasols, it's fun to mix up things. even noisy animal/beast gliders haha.

Yeah I get he's not very appealing to most people. I just enjoy this design and colors so much. its rare for me to admit that about pink and black. although I do love me some teef and jawbreaker. something about his design and clicks with me. here's hoping chaos origins matches that, along with sierra.

Oh yeah, I do enjoy loki's design in fortnite quite alot. probably the most superior MCU design besides thanos. the rest are more or less a combination of the MCU designs and comic book appearances. speaking of marvel characters, hey epic where is my doctor strange or spider man skins? Hmm?

Ola2AIS.gif
Crowbar gang represent!

If we're talking animal gliders, I quite like Steelwing because he's huge and obnoxious. If my glider is gonna be noisy then it might as well also be a gigantic beast hahaha.

I took a look at Burning Wolf again and the helmet and sneakers don't fully appeal to me but the rest of him is great.

Nothing wrong with black and pink, in fact, the best thing about black for me is that it pairs well universally but in this case I think it makes the pink even 'louder' than it'd normally be by way of contrast. Also, I'm assuming Jawbreaker and Teef are drawing on the neon pink that was characteristic of bubble gum and putty :D

Man, I feel like with Spiderman picking the one or two styles to sell would be a challenge in itself and that's just the classic red+blue+black colour motif. Too bad we probably won't ever see a Scarlet Spider skin.
Not to brag or anything. but I've been going over the amount of shit I've bought in this game for the past 3 months.

-Lebron James bundle/gear
-thanos and the snap emote
-Ariana grande bundle
-rainbow carver pickaxe
-starlord bundle
-gamora bundle
-bugha bundle
-street fighter skins/gear bundles (both of them)
-mike lowery skin/pickaxes
-wonderwoman bundle
-mecha morty bundle
-darkfire pack
-shadows rising pack
-magma masters pack
-galaxy scout skin/pickaxes
-sica bundle
-every remaining marvel skin and bundle except venom, Daredevil, ghost rider, captain america, blade, X-force skins and gear because I owned them all before this season started.
-beef boss and his pickaxe
-vox hunter challenge pack
-shang-chi bundle
-joy bundle
-all the crew packs since MCM, loki, summer skye, burning wolf.

And I think that's it? Lol!!
You're gonna need an intervention soon LOL!

Heck, let me issue you a challenge: pick one favourite out of all these acquisitions, it can be a single item or a set/bundle, but not more than one. XD

Crowbar gang represent!

If we're talking animal gliders, I quite like Steelwing because he's huge and obnoxious. If my glider is gonna be noisy then it might as well also be a gigantic beast hahaha.

I took a look at Burning Wolf again and the helmet and sneakers don't fully appeal to me but the rest of him is great.

Nothing wrong with black and pink, in fact, the best thing about black for me is that it pairs well universally but in this case I think it makes the pink even 'louder' than it'd normally be by way of contrast. Also, I'm assuming Jawbreaker and Teef are drawing on the neon pink that was characteristic of bubble gum and putty :D

Man, I feel like with Spiderman picking the one or two styles to sell would be a challenge in itself and that's just the classic red+blue+black colour motif. Too bad we probably won't ever see a Scarlet Spider skin.

You're gonna need an intervention soon LOL!

Heck, let me issue you a challenge: pick one favourite out of all these acquisitions, it can be a single item or a set/bundle, but not more than one. XD

He'll yeah! #bryancranstonyou'redamnright

My favorite winged glider would have to be Skellon. it has three edit styles, with one being just an undead dragon style. the gold styles, glow and non glow. overall I greatly enjoy it alot. it was one of the only pieces of his set that I was missing. rest was bought/earned with his challenges during chapter 2 season 2.

Oh nothing wrong with black and pink. It's just rare for me to use any skin with that color scheme. the only exception is teef because of his bizarre and yet funny design. burning wolf is legit the only other skin with these colors that I highly enjoy. reminds me of a boss you'd face in either ninja gaiden or a platinum games developed title imo.

I agree, most likely they'd have to go the batman route. and it's something I can easily see them doing. a spider man skin for the MCU crowd, then something like spiderman zero in some more high tech suit. etc can't please everyone

9CZwHej.jpg

You're too late!! I've become the fucking universe!!

He'll yeah! #bryancranstonyou'redamnright

My favorite winged glider would have to be Skellon. it has three edit styles, with one being just an undead dragon style. the gold styles, glow and non glow. overall I greatly enjoy it alot. it was one of the only pieces of his set that I was missing. rest was bought/earned with his challenges during chapter 2 season 2.

Oh nothing wrong with black and pink. It's just rare for me to use any skin with that color scheme. the only exception is teef because of his bizarre and yet funny design. burning wolf is legit the only other skin with these colors that I highly enjoy. reminds me of a boss you'd face in either ninja gaiden or a platinum games developed title imo.

I agree, most likely they'd have to go the batman route. and it's something I can easily see them doing. a spider man skin for the MCU crowd, then something like spiderman zero in some more high tech suit. etc can't please everyone

9CZwHej.jpg

You're too late!! I've become the fucking universe!!

Skellon would probably be last place for me lol, though I think it's great that Epic included three styles to choose from.

Anyway my philosophy with the cosmetics is that I'd rather have one must-have style than a couple of good-but-not-essential ones. Once in a blue moon there'll be some cosmetics where every style is essential, but those are literally a handful for me.

I get what you mean about him looking like a boss in one of those games but his sneakers really spoil it and yea, Fiend Ryu costume was *ahem* like a boss :D
latest

You know, seeing the Spiderman 2 trailer, I think I already know what to expect in Fortnite 2022...

Sadly I never played AITD 2008(?), didn't realize it jumped the shark like that haha. Also, which of the list would you consider your favourite? The challenge stays unmet hehe.

You've heard what Hugo Martin thought of Fortnite 20 months ago (three posts above), here's what he thinks about Fortnite now, timestamped as usual:

STILL ONE OF US!
When's Donald Mustard's Fortnite stream?

Edit: Can't count.

Last edited:
Skellon would probably be last place for me lol, though I think it's great that Epic included three styles to choose from.

Anyway my philosophy with the cosmetics is that I'd rather have one must-have style than a couple of good-but-not-essential ones. Once in a blue moon there'll be some cosmetics where every style is essential, but those are literally a handful for me.

I get what you mean about him looking like a boss in one of those games but his sneakers really spoil it and yea, Fiend Ryu costume was *ahem* like a boss :D
latest

You know, seeing the Spiderman 2 trailer, I think I already know what to expect in Fortnite 2022...

Sadly I never played AITD 2008(?), didn't realize it jumped the shark like that haha. Also, which of the list would you consider your favourite? The challenge stays unmet hehe.

Yeah it's just I enjoy gold in this game alot. so I often run the gold styles of this glider and oro. but I think I'll run the undead styles for both thus upcoming Halloween/fortnightmares.

I kinda feel that way about the super styles for BP skins. specifically talking about chapter 2 season 5's. I always thought those were completely pointless because of them basically being pink, topaz and sapphire. what made them even more pointless was that menace wasn't given any of the super styles for his much more cooler edit styles.

Yeah, but oh well! I can pretend he's some bizarre suda51 boss or no more heroes boss! he'd definitely fit in that series. both his style and sneakers! to be honest I rocked that costume alot on ninja gaiden sigma 2 on the psvita 😀

I feel like with epic, the same line repeats alot in my mind. "You'll get your spider man skin when you fix this damn door!" LOL

It has some of the funniest lines and acting. especially the voice actor for edward carnby, "I'm a100 years old? Wtf?" Or my personal favorite. "I don't have your stone and fuck you anyway!" 🤣 and if I had to pick one cosmetic item, or bundle it would have to be ariana grande.

Last edited:
Yeah it's just I enjoy gold in this game alot. so I often run the gold styles of this glider and oro. but I think I'll run the undead styles for both thus upcoming Halloween/fortnightmares.

I kinda feel that way about the super styles for BP skins. specifically talking about chapter 2 season 5's. I always thought those were completely pointless because of them basically being pink, topaz and sapphire. what made them even more pointless was that menace wasn't given any of the super styles for his much more cooler edit styles.

Yeah, but oh well! I can pretend he's some bizarre suda51 boss or no more heroes boss! he'd definitely fit in that series. both his style and sneakers! to be honest I rocked that costume alot on ninja gaiden sigma 2 on the psvita 😀

I feel like with epic, the same line repeats alot in my mind. "You'll get your spider man skin when you fix this damn door!" LOL

It has some of the funniest lines and acting. especially the voice actor for edward carnby, "I'm a100 years old? Wtf?" Or my personal favorite. "I don't have your stone and fuck you anyway!" 🤣 and if I had to pick one cosmetic item, or bundle it would have to be ariana grande.
Fortnite struck gold by appealing to you then, lol.

I think those styles work best on Mancake and Kondor. I'm not really sure they'd look good on Menace's various configurable styles either. But yea when I said that I was thinking of skins like Beast Mode (four styles, none great) and Outcast (two styles, both essential).

Oh yea that offbeat mix definitely feels more like a SUDA51 thing. Also, if you ever get/have an Xbox Series, play NGII on there. Sigma 2 Plus might have added the gore back but 30fps and the same lowered enemy count isn't my idea of a great NGII experience.

Haha what is that door line referencing?

Hmm, sounds like they pulled a Donte on Carnby (I like Donte BTW). They did make him a handsome dude, classic Carnby wasn't half as good looking LOL.

Not including the piggy right? (In one of your previous posts detailing the Ariana set, you basically listed every item but the pig XD)

Top Bottom