• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Chapter 2 - Season 7: Invasion

nF82lVm.png

I can see it already happening lol
I think the Star Wand is dope but a part of me always wonders why it became one of the sweaty pickaxes (outside of streamers repping it). Still a much better sweat axe than Vision IMO.
Ohhhhh!! I was a bit confused but yeah you got a point FNBR as well lol. yup, idk gold just seems great in fortnite as a color scheme. first started with the 8 ball skins during overtime challenges. then when couches and objects in the main cabin on the middle island started turning gold. introduction of midas and gold related characters/skins imo have been great.
Looking back at both skins, yeah they don't look too bad. guiles face is a bit off for me personally but overall not a bad job epic games. those built in emotes though sell the nostalgia for me. last night just started listening to guiles theme and it took me back to days when I was a little kid playing street fighter 2 turbo on the PSX with my dad.
I think I might have hypothesised about it on here before but maybe there are multiple competing ideas at Epic and the ones that win out are the ones that actually manifest later on. So some of the foreshadowed stuff ends up just becoming...'vaporware' haha. And I do remember Donald Mustard saying they'll pivot according to the community sometimes, the example given was something to do with Tilted Towers and its (non?)destruction.

Gold is nice but in this chapter it sometimes feels like their goto when they've run out of alternate skin ideas. Reminds me of that meme about Nintendo of America and gilding everything as well lol.

Anyway looking at the SF skins in the shop, they turned out a lot better upon closer inspection. I imagine Guile's hair is either the best or worst thing for different people. And I'm glad to see someone at Epic stopped the wrong emote name from making it into the shop; Cannon Spike is dead on.

Oh and your dad is fucking cool! Hope he didn't traumatise you with endless fireballs and antiairs back then :D

I enjoyed the Castrovalva bit. And the quite moving part of all the players reviving each other. But I give the Travis Scott experience the edge.
What's the Castrovalva bit? I'm completely out of the loop on this one.
My overall impressions. I really enjoyed and loved this event, as someone who watches the astronomical live event and is more familiar with Travis Scott's music. this definitely opened me up more to her her songs. enjoyed every last one that played in this event. visuals were insane and I figured they'd end up taking things to the next level for this. gameplay was solid, though the whole storm king shooting section was a bit wonky for my tastes. visuals: 10, gameplay: 8, songs: 9.4, overall presentation: 9.5/10 for me personally.
I don't fully remember the Travis Scott event though I can always view it on YouTube again as a refresher.

I do think in terms of mixing in interactivity with the setpieces, Epic has stepped up their game with the Rift Tour and I've enjoyed it twice now, the paint-skating bit is probably my favourite, with the Escher-esque segment (Ariana walking up the stairs) coming in second. I'll try to upload some stuff after I'm happy with various captures and all that.

It's come quite a long way from the Marshmello concert for sure.

I think the Star Wand is dope but a part of me always wonders why it became one of the sweaty pickaxes (outside of streamers repping it). Still a much better sweat axe than Vision IMO.

I think I might have hypothesised about it on here before but maybe there are multiple competing ideas at Epic and the ones that win out are the ones that actually manifest later on. So some of the foreshadowed stuff ends up just becoming...'vaporware' haha. And I do remember Donald Mustard saying they'll pivot according to the community sometimes, the example given was something to do with Tilted Towers and its (non?)destruction.

Gold is nice but in this chapter it sometimes feels like their goto when they've run out of alternate skin ideas. Reminds me of that meme about Nintendo of America and gilding everything as well lol.

Anyway looking at the SF skins in the shop, they turned out a lot better upon closer inspection. I imagine Guile's hair is either the best or worst thing for different people. And I'm glad to see someone at Epic stopped the wrong emote name from making it into the shop; Cannon Spike is dead on.

Oh and your dad is fucking cool! Hope he didn't traumatise you with endless fireballs and antiairs back then :D

To be completely honest. I have no clue, like a ripple effect. when a popular fortnite streamer begins to rock a certain skin or pickaxe. their loyal fanbase attempts to imitate them, then their friends do this and then even other fortnite player's attempt to rock a sweaty skin or pickaxe. it's one of the reasons why on twitter people are constantly asking for the Travis scott set to come back. because Mongraal rocked it once or twice in a few matches on stream lol. And I'm gonna be honest, I like the star wand too but I hate the golf club pickaxe. And you're right i picture them or imagined they put everything on a whiteboard and into different sections that are of importance and ideas potentially used or scrapped altogether if it does or doesn't fit into the grand plan of things. Yup, mind you that I love gold in this game but can be a bit overdone sometimes. take oblivion for example, did she really need a gold alternative style? same with haze as she already had a demon variant style. And man looking at them in my lobby/locker they look dope imo. I think everyone is distracted by his big hair lol I know one guy was when in a solo match he tried to snipe from behind a tree and aimed at guiles head. I noticed that the hit box wasn't as confusing as peely's. Had to do it, but I did the flash kick emote on him after I eliminated him lol. we would play every morning before I went to school. and even after, and late at night at times, I remember my favorite or main being bison and blanka and his different variant colors. dad's was either E.Honda or dhalisim. Good times especially when the main title screen theme gets stuck in my head lol.

What's the Castrovalva bit? I'm completely out of the loop on this one.

I don't fully remember the Travis Scott event though I can always view it on YouTube again as a refresher.

I do think in terms of mixing in interactivity with the setpieces, Epic has stepped up their game with the Rift Tour and I've enjoyed it twice now, the paint-skating bit is probably my favourite, with the Escher-esque segment (Ariana walking up the stairs) coming in second. I'll try to upload some stuff after I'm happy with various captures and all that.

It's come quite a long way from the Marshmello concert for sure.

I'm assuming he's talking about the part when Ariana is walking up the stairs section and the many divergent staircases/door portals we took when following her. Yeah I think I only attended one astronomical live event concert. it was the second showing with a friend. I still loved it, and much like ariana I started to enjoy and listen more to travis scotts music. Thats the greatest thing about some of their recent and the rift tour live events. Is the amount of interactivity and experience. it's not like we are sitting there looking at a big screen and ariana perform on it. We literally get to dance with her when she begins to sing 7 rings, and follow her throughout the experience. They definitely did an outstanding job with this and I'm happy alot of people including myself got to be Apart of it.

Last edited:

Vaelka

Holy....umm...wow at guiles hair lol.

Cammy's model looks great but then they ruined it with the leggings lol.
They look totally out of place with the rest of her design imo...

But yeah, Western devs y u such cowards you suck.
Kids game etc but it tbh just looks terrible.
If they were really so worried about that then just make the thong part not a thong and call it a day.
It's just legs after that and it'd look more accurate and way better imo.

Last edited:
To be completely honest. I have no clue, like a ripple effect. when a popular fortnite streamer begins to rock a certain skin or pickaxe. their loyal fanbase attempts to imitate them, then their friends do this and then even other fortnite player's attempt to rock a sweaty skin or pickaxe. it's one of the reasons why on twitter people are constantly asking for the Travis scott set to come back. because Mongraal rocked it once or twice in a few matches on stream lol. And I'm gonna be honest, I like the star wand too but I hate the golf club pickaxe. And you're right i picture them or imagined they put everything on a whiteboard and into different sections that are of importance and ideas potentially used or scrapped altogether if it does or doesn't fit into the grand plan of things. Yup, mind you that I love gold in this game but can be a bit overdone sometimes. take oblivion for example, did she really need a gold alternative style? same with haze as she already had a demon variant style. And man looking at them in my lobby/locker they look dope imo. I think everyone is distracted by his big hair lol I know one guy was when in a solo match he tried to snipe from behind a tree and aimed at guiles head. I noticed that the hit box wasn't as confusing as peely's. Had to do it, but I did the flash kick emote on him after I eliminated him lol. we would play every morning before I went to school. and even after, and late at night at times, I remember my favorite or main being bison and blanka and his different variant colors. dad's was either E.Honda or dhalisim. Good times especially when the main title screen theme gets stuck in my head lol.

I'm assuming he's talking about the part when Ariana is walking up the stairs section and the many divergent staircases/door portals we took when following her. Yeah I think I only attended one astronomical live event concert. it was the second showing with a friend. I still loved it, and much like ariana I started to enjoy and listen more to travis scotts music. Thats the greatest thing about some of their recent and the rift tour live events. Is the amount of interactivity and experience. it's not like we are sitting there looking at a big screen and ariana perform on it. We literally get to dance with her when she begins to sing 7 rings, and follow her throughout the experience. They definitely did an outstanding job with this and I'm happy alot of people including myself got to be Apart of it.
Are you talking about the sweaty golf club pickaxe? I don't mind that one either, at least it sounds like it should but I get why it's favoured by sweats.

Oblivion's gold style feels very half hearted (so gaudy and unfitting IMO) whilst most of the of newly added free styles felt like they were done because someone really liked the skin and the style that they had in mind. Fishstick's did feel like they were running along with the joke after he managed to stick the landing with becoming a popular meme skin.

I actually prefer Haze's new styles to her original, though I reckon that got added because she's a very popular seller.

Be honest, you just wanted to send a message to the guy you beat: "TOO EASY" XD

Wow SF matches before school, your dad is off-the-charts cool, I was assuming it'd be on the weekends or something haha.

Maybe, still waiting for him to answer lol. Probably forgot or something.

Yea looking back at it I think the wraps were supposed to change how the painterly streams were right after entering the rift in the palm of your chosen character. Probably affected by whoever picked up the golden scroll/wrap item while racing but I didn't really notice much difference sadly. Doesn't help that my wraps were all set to random :x

Yea having five showings was quite generous and pretty much ensured most people would be able to catch at least one of them. Stuff like these are not going to replace actual live concerts but at the same time they can do things that live concerts would not be capable of. Fun times.
jQgkgKd.jpg

"Hey captain guile, the pope needs to borrow your big hair to plate his lunch this afternoon"

*cues guiles theme goes with everything*
I'm starting to think Guile's hair goes with everything thanks to you, good job.

Edit: Might post more but here are two shots from my video capture. I picked this skin just to answer a burning question I had lol.
fCA8sBj.jpg
StqtjPG.jpg

Last edited:
Are you talking about the sweaty golf club pickaxe? I don't mind that one either, at least it sounds like it should but I get why it's favoured by sweats.

Oblivion's gold style feels very half hearted (so gaudy and unfitting IMO) whilst most of the of newly added free styles felt like they were done because someone really liked the skin and the style that they had in mind. Fishstick's did feel like they were running along with the joke after he managed to stick the landing with becoming a popular meme skin.

I actually prefer Haze's new styles to her original, though I reckon that got added because she's a very popular seller.

Be honest, you just wanted to send a message to the guy you beat: "TOO EASY" XD

Wow SF matches before school, your dad is off-the-charts cool, I was assuming it'd be on the weekends or something haha.

Maybe, still waiting for him to answer lol. Probably forgot or something.

Yea looking back at it I think the wraps were supposed to change how the painterly streams were right after entering the rift in the palm of your chosen character. Probably affected by whoever picked up the golden scroll/wrap item while racing but I didn't really notice much difference sadly. Doesn't help that my wraps were all set to random :x

Yea having five showings was quite generous and pretty much ensured most people would be able to catch at least one of them. Stuff like these are not going to replace actual live concerts but at the same time they can do things that live concerts would not be capable of. Fun times.

I'm starting to think Guile's hair goes with everything thanks to you, good job.

Edit: Might post more but here are two shots from my video capture. I picked this skin just to answer a burning question I had lol.
fCA8sBj.jpg
StqtjPG.jpg

I don't know, I think it's the pull out sound. that "wof" sound everytime it annoys me lol. Absolutely right about oblivion, I don't even understand the need to add a gold variant. not a whole lot of variant styles make sense for alot of skins in fortnite but this one...idk I'm not feeling it imo. haze has some amazing edit styles both demon and gold wise. Definitely can see why alot of people run her, not whole lot but you know what I mean. my personal favorite rare skins is and always will be Victoria saint and jawbreaker. black and gold is one thing, but pair it with a pale goth vampire hunting beauty as victoria and im in like flynn lmao. Sure did, guy really tried to snipe me from inside a cabin and thought he'd get away. I had to tell him to "go home and be a family man" after this XD. And even weekends too. dad and me were street fighter fanatics back in the day. we even watched the jean claud van damm flick back when street fighter was all the hype and rage. I think for either mobile or PC it was glitched, talked with a guy on twitter who used the merc wrap from the deadpool set. and he told me that he didn't notice any sort of change on the slide. versus when I ran through my second rift tour concert I was using the sequined wrap and it turned completely white/silver. so I think for some it worked and some it didn't. Yup I'm actually glad they did, not alot of people have time to attend these. so it's cool epic made it possible for me and everyone else to see it again and again if we wanted. lol I thought of his big flat hair and just said to myself. "Hmmm French fries or plate + pope pic?" And boom a mini meme was born haha. Nice!! and let me guess, Blackheart's hook hand?

I don't know, I think it's the pull out sound. that "wof" sound everytime it annoys me lol. Absolutely right about oblivion, I don't even understand the need to add a gold variant. not a whole lot of variant styles make sense for alot of skins in fortnite but this one...idk I'm not feeling it imo. haze has some amazing edit styles both demon and gold wise. Definitely can see why alot of people run her, not whole lot but you know what I mean. my personal favorite rare skins is and always will be Victoria saint and jawbreaker. black and gold is one thing, but pair it with a pale goth vampire hunting beauty as victoria and im in like flynn lmao. Sure did, guy really tried to snipe me from inside a cabin and thought he'd get away. I had to tell him to "go home and be a family man" after this XD. And even weekends too. dad and me were street fighter fanatics back in the day. we even watched the jean claud van damm flick back when street fighter was all the hype and rage. I think for either mobile or PC it was glitched, talked with a guy on twitter who used the merc wrap from the deadpool set. and he told me that he didn't notice any sort of change on the slide. versus when I ran through my second rift tour concert I was using the sequined wrap and it turned completely white/silver. so I think for some it worked and some it didn't. Yup I'm actually glad they did, not alot of people have time to attend these. so it's cool epic made it possible for me and everyone else to see it again and again if we wanted. lol I thought of his big flat hair and just said to myself. "Hmmm French fries or plate + pope pic?" And boom a mini meme was born haha. Nice!! and let me guess, Blackheart's hook hand?
I like that equip sound though, lol!

Hey, we share similar tastes; Jawbreaker is top tier. Victoria Saint is fantastic as well and in my mind she's the ghetto version of Ashe from Overwatch.

Imagine if the Guile skin had a Van Damme alternate style (and an alternate Kylie Minogue Cammy style) :D

Hmm, i was on PS4 for all the tours I experienced, will have to rely on YouTube again when I'm bothered enough to check.

Yea I was really curious to see how that sequence would look with Blackheart's hook hand, well that and his face is a little goofy for that scene too.
That's really awesome, I saw it on twitter when it was released. gotta give it to the Fortnite art community they know how to really leave an impression.
I get the feeling you probably spot more of these on Twitter than I do lol, I saw it cause the official Fortnite account retweeted it.
SYSE0Ir.jpg

About the closest we'll ever get to Ryanpool in fortnite lol.
Dude, definitely try wearing Superman's cape on him as well as all the skins with a good patch of red; it's one of the better capes that Fortnite has added in a while.

Cammy's model looks great but then they ruined it with the leggings lol.
They look totally out of place with the rest of her design imo...

But yeah, Western devs y u such cowards you suck.
Kids game etc but it tbh just looks terrible.
If they were really so worried about that then just make the thong part not a thong and call it a day.
It's just legs after that and it'd look more accurate and way better imo.
It's not ideal at all but I'd say in game she still looks great, love the musculature on her legs. If you really need the skin on her butt to show (supposedly that's the main reason for the coverup) then you're probably better off replaying Nier Automata lol.

Anyway your suggestion made me think of this particular skin:
featured.png

I like that equip sound though, lol!

Hey, we share similar tastes; Jawbreaker is top tier. Victoria Saint is fantastic as well and in my mind she's the ghetto version of Ashe from Overwatch.

Imagine if the Guile skin had a Van Damme alternate style (and an alternate Kylie Minogue Cammy style) :D

Hmm, i was on PS4 for all the tours I experienced, will have to rely on YouTube again when I'm bothered enough to check.

Yea I was really curious to see how that sequence would look with Blackheart's hook hand, well that and his face is a little goofy for that scene too.

I get the feeling you probably spot more of these on Twitter than I do lol, I saw it cause the official Fortnite account retweeted it.

Dude, definitely try wearing Superman's cape on him as well as all the skins with a good patch of red; it's one of the better capes that Fortnite has added in a while.

Try the ol pickaxe trick by twitching between it and your weapon or builds button multiple times. that "wof" sound gets really old lol. two of my main rare skins, no other rare may ever take their places lol. call me a simp but Victoria saint has got it all for me 🤣. never played overwatch sadly, didn't have money for PS Plus unfortunately. Yup, im incredibly active on Fortnite Twitter, and by active I mean lurking XD. Haha that's actually cool, it's like he's giving you a "lift" into another reality! 😄. and by cosmos beard you are absolutely right! perfect color hue and everything too. wow, though I hope it doesn't get turned inevitably into a sweat cape.

D1jmjc7.jpg

FWMSkfO.jpg

Epic, please....slow down. my V bucks are precious I can't handle this much awesomeness in the span of two nights!!!

5Xxilty.gif

Try the ol pickaxe trick by twitching between it and your weapon or builds button multiple times. that "wof" sound gets really old lol. two of my main rare skins, no other rare may ever take their places lol. call me a simp but Victoria saint has got it all for me 🤣. never played overwatch sadly, didn't have money for PS Plus unfortunately. Yup, im incredibly active on Fortnite Twitter, and by active I mean lurking XD. Haha that's actually cool, it's like he's giving you a "lift" into another reality! 😄. and by cosmos beard you are absolutely right! perfect color hue and everything too. wow, though I hope it doesn't get turned inevitably into a sweat cape.

D1jmjc7.jpg

FWMSkfO.jpg

Epic, please....slow down. my V bucks are precious I can't handle this much awesomeness in the span of two nights!!!

5Xxilty.gif
Hah I still like its sound even with the twitchy spam, I do understand if you find it annoying because of its prevalence among the sweats though.

I'm gonna call you Saint Simp from now on lol!

Oh hey, if you are ever interested, you can find a year's worth of PS+ (NA) at Cdkeys for a relatively good price sometimes. I think the biggest discount it's gotten was 60-65% off?

Haha lurking on twitter is cool, just keep us up to date on the juicy leaks :D

Do sweats even like capes? I'd assume they'd try to avoid having accessories that clog up the view. And yea, just wait till the shadow style of the cape gets unlocked, then it'll go well with even more stuff!

Dude, Epic's just gonna ramp up after seeing your rapidfire purchases like that LOL.

Hah I still like its sound even with the twitchy spam, I do understand if you find it annoying because of its prevalence among the sweats though.

I'm gonna call you Saint Simp from now on lol!

Oh hey, if you are ever interested, you can find a year's worth of PS+ (NA) at Cdkeys for a relatively good price sometimes. I think the biggest discount it's gotten was 60-65% off?

Haha lurking on twitter is cool, just keep us up to date on the juicy leaks :D

Do sweats even like capes? I'd assume they'd try to avoid having accessories that clog up the view. And yea, just wait till the shadow style of the cape gets unlocked, then it'll go well with even more stuff!

Dude, Epic's just gonna ramp up after seeing your rapidfire purchases like that LOL.

It's like that one scene in the movie "the warriors" where you just hear that annoying sound because they are taunting or giving off that vibe of "I'm about to build 4 story hotels and edit on these bots" vibe lol.

LbiAAr0.gif

A title I'd gladly accept my good man 😂
Ah okay, didn't know about that but one day I'll look at it. right now on a tight budget, Epic already got me spending lol. And will do, always to be of service to my fellow gaffers in the fortnite community here 😁. Yup they do, 90 % of the time I encounter a sweat is the fact they are wearing a cape. it's either one of the batman's, the peely cape that I think came with Bunker jonesy. thor's or the vampire skins cape, regardless I see it and it's freaking goofy but whatever lol. Superman's I know for sure is gonna be another one to add. Infact it's already happening because I spotted a few aura skins using it lol. I'm patiently waiting for that shadow style aka black suit superman. unlocked the loading screen so only thing left is his pickaxe and the shadow styles.

As for Epic and my V bucks.....

UFtPWNf.jpg

It's like that one scene in the movie "the warriors" where you just hear that annoying sound because they are taunting or giving off that vibe of "I'm about to build 4 story hotels and edit on these bots" vibe lol.

LbiAAr0.gif

A title I'd gladly accept my good man 😂
Ah okay, didn't know about that but one day I'll look at it. right now on a tight budget, Epic already got me spending lol. And will do, always to be of service to my fellow gaffers in the fortnite community here 😁. Yup they do, 90 % of the time I encounter a sweat is the fact they are wearing a cape. it's either one of the batman's, the peely cape that I think came with Bunker jonesy. thor's or the vampire skins cape, regardless I see it and it's freaking goofy but whatever lol. Superman's I know for sure is gonna be another one to add. Infact it's already happening because I spotted a few aura skins using it lol. I'm patiently waiting for that shadow style aka black suit superman. unlocked the loading screen so only thing left is his pickaxe and the shadow styles.

As for Epic and my V bucks.....

UFtPWNf.jpg
Sounds like a Pavlovian response lol.

You got it St. Simp! :D

Oh yea don't get it now, just letting you know it has (and probably will) hit ~60% off at some point.

LOL your situation is pretty much "PS+ vs Epic Fortnite Collabs" and we already know who's won your wallet by a landslide.

Oh yea, saw this post earlier and had a chuckle, I didn't know about the glitched damage at the time myself.

Yea Epic has been teasing some Agent. Can you imagine if somehow it's tied in with that Rockstar vaporware you told me about? XD (I don't think it has anything to do with that but it's a fun thought!)

Sounds like a Pavlovian response lol.

You got it St. Simp! :D

Oh yea don't get it now, just letting you know it has (and probably will) hit ~60% off at some point.

LOL your situation is pretty much "PS+ vs Epic Fortnite Collabs" and we already know who's won your wallet by a landslide.

Oh yea, saw this post earlier and had a chuckle, I didn't know about the glitched damage at the time myself.

Yea Epic has been teasing some Agent. Can you imagine if somehow it's tied in with that Rockstar vaporware you told me about? XD (I don't think it has anything to do with that but it's a fun thought!)

Pavlovian ? And yes that or goth simp XD. It's not easy being a gamer but the important day is when epic made all these collab skins. but for me it was Tuesday 😂. Not gonna lie they post a interesting question, why on earth do pros love this pickaxe? I mean sure it may look great with a few skins here and there. but they use it on almost every single damn skin known throughout fortnite. maybe it's a gameplay thing like they said, maybe it's just meme at this point. The world may never know! btw was going through my locker and through my marvel emotes. now that I have dance off, there is an interesting glitch thats both hilarious and disturbing. if you have daywalkers kata and thanos, use it on him and you'll what I mean haha.

NickFire

It's been a couple or maybe a few months since I played BR. No particular reason, but I'm starting to get the itch again and have been playing StW to get enough free vbucks for a battle pass. Kind of late in season to get the current one, and will wait until day 1 of next season. Any solid rumors on what next season's theme will be?

It's been a couple or maybe a few months since I played BR. No particular reason, but I'm starting to get the itch again and have been playing StW to get enough free vbucks for a battle pass. Kind of late in season to get the current one, and will wait until day 1 of next season. Any solid rumors on what next season's theme will be?

Not sure, although there is rumors that came from a reddit post that have been 100% correct so far. so next season might be ninja themed or since Kevin the cube is supposedly returning either a dark or halloween themed season like chapter 1 season 5. no one knows as sometimes the seasons we have now don't exactly match with a period of holiday theme or month.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Curious to hear what you all thought of this season? Where does it rank for you?

Personally, it was far and away my favorite season post Chapter 1 Season 3 (I preferred the slower pace). Even after the UFO nerf I'm still having a blast as the game has never given lower skill players more tools to beat high skill players. I hope it signifies more of what's to come in future seasons.

This season's been great overall. Been playing alot more in comparison to chapter 2 season 6 and chapter 2 season 5. Even love the collabs more this season than the hunter season's. I like the new arsenal of alien weapons, especially the kymera ray and pulse rifle. it's been really fun seeing places like slurpy swamp and now coral castle getting abducted/destroyed.

"Awww geez Rick....do I really have to land on some strange island and Lazer a bunch of weirdos in animal costumes along with aliens and ships shooting at me?"

"Rick: quit your whining morty [burp] this is purely for science [burp] gotta do this for me morty...gotta do this for your grandpa. No matter how many times you get L danced on after get one pumped in the face by a purple shotgun...[burp] it's all for science!!"

Pavlovian ? And yes that or goth simp XD. It's not easy being a gamer but the important day is when epic made all these collab skins. but for me it was Tuesday 😂. Not gonna lie they post a interesting question, why on earth do pros love this pickaxe? I mean sure it may look great with a few skins here and there. but they use it on almost every single damn skin known throughout fortnite. maybe it's a gameplay thing like they said, maybe it's just meme at this point. The world may never know! btw was going through my locker and through my marvel emotes. now that I have dance off, there is an interesting glitch thats both hilarious and disturbing. if you have daywalkers kata and thanos, use it on him and you'll what I mean haha.
Here's one article explaining it. My idea is that we've started to associate those pickaxes with sweats who "build hotels" lol, and our instinctive response towards that kind of building is already triggered the moment we see/hear that pickaxe. To the point where even if it's a newbie using the pickaxe we're groaning inside thinking "here comes the builds" XD

Haha I was playing on the idea that "Saint Simp" has two ways to be read: one being that you're a simp for (Victoria) Saint, the other simply that you're the patron saint of simps lololol.

Unfortunately I have neither Thanos nor Blade, wasn't keen on either, though if I had to pick between the two I'd go with Blade any day, that trenchcoat is top tier!

Curious to hear what you all thought of this season? Where does it rank for you?

Personally, it was far and away my favorite season post Chapter 1 Season 3 (I preferred the slower pace). Even after the UFO nerf I'm still having a blast as the game has never given lower skill players more tools to beat high skill players. I hope it signifies more of what's to come in future seasons.
Before I ramble, let me answer quickly by saying that this season is probably the best so far just from a "fun gameplay" perspective.

I'm thinking of all the toys they've added (UFOs, Grabitron, Propifier, Alien Nanites, Railgun, Recon Scanner, Kymera Raygun, Alien Parasites, Plasma Pistol etc).

Some of them are repurposed from the past: Railgun is a remixed Unibeam and Pulse Rifle is Stark Rifle in all but name, Recon Scanner is Vendetta Flopper of sorts.

I'm curious about the BTS for this season, mainly cause the ideas and execution have mostly been on point.

You can see that cyberhunter and I have had discussions about it compared to Primal, where it felt like a lot of half-baked ideas and you've already seen me bitch about the stupid Jumpboots.

Mothership and abductions are great and funnily enough present an odd choice, if you choose to go for it you pretty much skip out on the Cosmic Chest for that match, speaking of which...

Cosmic Chests are arguably the worst-executed of them all, unless Epic's unwritten goal was to get people to drag their friends into opening them together, which I wouldn't put past Epic.

Could have been a lot more palatable by requiring a minimum of two people to open the chest, with the loot scaled for how many people initiated it. It's incredibly annoying when I'm in a rando squad where three of us are at the chest and one inconsiderate motherfucker purposely avoids it for whatever idiotic reason.

Here's one article explaining it. My idea is that we've started to associate those pickaxes with sweats who "build hotels" lol, and our instinctive response towards that kind of building is already triggered the moment we see/hear that pickaxe. To the point where even if it's a newbie using the pickaxe we're groaning inside thinking "here comes the builds" XD

Haha I was playing on the idea that "Saint Simp" has two ways to be read: one being that you're a simp for (Victoria) Saint, the other simply that you're the patron saint of simps lololol.

Unfortunately I have neither Thanos nor Blade, wasn't keen on either, though if I had to pick between the two I'd go with Blade any day, that trenchcoat is top tier!

You actually bring up a good point. it's not always auras, crystals, or sparkplug, or manic players that I run into. defaults have or use star wand or the ice breaker pickaxes too. I instantly go the farthest thought in the back of my head. "It's another damn sweaty kid..." lol so that article is on point. there's only one female skin after my heart, Victoria and then Ariana grande, jawbreaker lmao. Can't lie, that trench coat does look badass, I like Deadfire's and calamity trench coat. But blade makes it "look good"

Before I ramble, let me answer quickly by saying that this season is probably the best so far just from a "fun gameplay" perspective.

I'm thinking of all the toys they've added (UFOs, Grabitron, Propifier, Alien Nanites, Railgun, Recon Scanner, Kymera Raygun, Alien Parasites, Plasma Pistol etc).

Some of them are repurposed from the past: Railgun is a remixed Unibeam and Pulse Rifle is Stark Rifle in all but name, Recon Scanner is Vendetta Flopper of sorts.

I'm curious about the BTS for this season, mainly cause the ideas and execution have mostly been on point.

You can see that cyberhunter and I have had discussions about it compared to Primal, where it felt like a lot of half-baked ideas and you've already seen me bitch about the stupid Jumpboots.

Mothership and abductions are great and funnily enough present an odd choice, if you choose to go for it you pretty much skip out on the Cosmic Chest for that match, speaking of which...

Cosmic Chests are arguably the worst-executed of them all, unless Epic's unwritten goal was to get people to drag their friends into opening them together, which I wouldn't put past Epic.

Could have been a lot more palatable by requiring a minimum of two people to open the chest, with the loot scaled for how many people initiated it. It's incredibly annoying when I'm in a rando squad where three of us are at the chest and one inconsiderate motherfucker purposely avoids it for whatever idiotic reason.

Now that I've gotten a good amount of time spent opening them. I have to agree with you and most people who say that fortbytes were vastly superior in every way. From what i understand and can gather, fortbytes were easier because you weren't restricted to just playing duos, trios, and squads. they could be obtained even in solo. Versus alien artifacts which only can be obtained weekly or Cosmic Chests. oh and btw according to one leaker or a few, Epic apparently stopped adding alien artifacts either after this update or the one previously. so R.I.P to whoever wanted every single customizable style or edit at full percent.

You actually bring up a good point. it's not always auras, crystals, or sparkplug, or manic players that I run into. defaults have or use star wand or the ice breaker pickaxes too. I instantly go the farthest thought in the back of my head. "It's another damn sweaty kid..." lol so that article is on point. there's only one female skin after my heart, Victoria and then Ariana grande, jawbreaker lmao. Can't lie, that trench coat does look badass, I like Deadfire's and calamity trench coat. But blade makes it "look good"

Now that I've gotten a good amount of time spent opening them. I have to agree with you and most people who say that fortbytes were vastly superior in every way. From what i understand and can gather, fortbytes were easier because you weren't restricted to just playing duos, trios, and squads. they could be obtained even in solo. Versus alien artifacts which only can be obtained weekly or Cosmic Chests. oh and btw according to one leaker or a few, Epic apparently stopped adding alien artifacts either after this update or the one previously. so R.I.P to whoever wanted every single customizable style or edit at full percent.
Early on the Reaper pickaxe was quite popular but it seems to have gotten ousted by Star Wand, Icebreaker, Vision etc. Which is good, cause Reaper sounds fucking obnoxious when spammed.

Hmm, from the three you listed my order would be Jawbreaker, Victoria then Ariana. Oh by the way, maybe you've already seen this in the previous OT but I'll repost for the lulz.

Yea of all the Fortnite skins with a trenchcoat (eg. Fade) I'd say Blade has the best and wears it well too. Not stoked about his face but everything else about him is really well done.

I'm not sure I'd say Fortbytes were better. They were fun if you didn't mind logging in fairly regularly to clear them as each new one unlocked daily for a total of 100.

And whilst they were available in all modes including Team Rumble, some of them required more than one player to activate. I remember dancing with an enemy for the Fortbyte at the abandoned hideout in one of the cliffsides, had to keep dancing until the disco ball reached the top of the pole, or the one where you had to depress three pressure plates and you either had two other players helping out or you needed to get some objects to place on them.

Anyway, I dug up this old footage I had of one of the annoying Fortbytes, I think you'll have a laugh or two.

Oh yea I think they're referring to the weekly Alien Artifacts stopping at week 10, so whatever more you need will have to be grinded from the Grief Chests, lol.

This made me chuckle.

Lol repost.
My thoughts about this regurgitated meme remain the same:
Reminds me of Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes ' clip, except this one feels damn fake and the building isn't as seamless either.

Assuming this isn't fake, running out of brick then auto-switching into metal is incredibly brainless; might be Creative muscle memory gone wrong.
I will give them props if they build a recognizable Taj Mahal or Eiffel Tower someday though.

Early on the Reaper pickaxe was quite popular but it seems to have gotten ousted by Star Wand, Icebreaker, Vision etc. Which is good, cause Reaper sounds fucking obnoxious when spammed.

Hmm, from the three you listed my order would be Jawbreaker, Victoria then Ariana. Oh by the way, maybe you've already seen this in the previous OT but I'll repost for the lulz.

Yea of all the Fortnite skins with a trenchcoat (eg. Fade) I'd say Blade has the best and wears it well too. Not stoked about his face but everything else about him is really well done.

I'm not sure I'd say Fortbytes were better. They were fun if you didn't mind logging in fairly regularly to clear them as each new one unlocked daily for a total of 100.

And whilst they were available in all modes including Team Rumble, some of them required more than one player to activate. I remember dancing with an enemy for the Fortbyte at the abandoned hideout in one of the cliffsides, had to keep dancing until the disco ball reached the top of the pole, or the one where you had to depress three pressure plates and you either had two other players helping out or you needed to get some objects to place on them.

Anyway, I dug up this old footage I had of one of the annoying Fortbytes, I think you'll have a laugh or two.

Oh yea I think they're referring to the weekly Alien Artifacts stopping at week 10, so whatever more you need will have to be grinded from the Grief Chests, lol.

I actually like the reaper pickaxe lol. its simplicity is very interesting to me idk why lol. maybe because of its connection to fortnightmares and halloween. which I can't wait for as fortnitemares and halloween is one of my favorite holidays and event in fortnite. I think ariana grande's skin is beautifully designed imo. I don't run alot of icon series skins as much as hers. and sadly since I'm a simp for that Victoria goodness, not a whole lot of female cosplayers cosplay as her. He's more than likely designed off a rough concept of "what or how can we translate blade from the comics into fortnite" kind of way. I reckon it was how the artists designed his face, but I actually think his face is okay. atleast they didn't slap one of the defaults models into a blade outfit and called it a day haha. I'm just going off what people were saying about them on Twitter. personally I didn't play during season 9 when they were present. so I wouldn't exactly know which is better than the other. I'll say this, Fortbytes seem a tad bit more accessible than alien artifacts. and lol at those two videos, the chicken one is just....wow funny lol I'm not sure or why that mini game for the fortbyte looks irritating to attempt buy that's just me.

That far right style is dope. I wonder how people who bought Party Trooper for his style back then feel.

Probably 50/50. people who are excited and just like the artist in general. and then some who feel entitled that a better looking style than the exclusive one should be exclusive. and yeah that style is dope, it'll make me stand out like a glowing Lava lamp but I'll happily rock it and then get beamed instantly lol.

I actually like the reaper pickaxe lol. its simplicity is very interesting to me idk why lol. maybe because of its connection to fortnightmares and halloween. which I can't wait for as fortnitemares and halloween is one of my favorite holidays and event in fortnite. I think ariana grande's skin is beautifully designed imo. I don't run alot of icon series skins as much as hers. and sadly since I'm a simp for that Victoria goodness, not a whole lot of female cosplayers cosplay as her. He's more than likely designed off a rough concept of "what or how can we translate blade from the comics into fortnite" kind of way. I reckon it was how the artists designed his face, but I actually think his face is okay. atleast they didn't slap one of the defaults models into a blade outfit and called it a day haha. I'm just going off what people were saying about them on Twitter. personally I didn't play during season 9 when they were present. so I wouldn't exactly know which is better than the other. I'll say this, Fortbytes seem a tad bit more accessible than alien artifacts. and lol at those two videos, the chicken one is just....wow funny lol I'm not sure or why that mini game for the fortbyte looks irritating to attempt buy that's just me.

Probably 50/50. people who are excited and just like the artist in general. and then some who feel entitled that a better looking style than the exclusive one should be exclusive. and yeah that style is dope, it'll make me stand out like a glowing Lava lamp but I'll happily rock it and then get beamed instantly lol.
Oh the Reaper pickaxe looks fine, it's the sound effect that is obnoxious as fuck, it's the Laugh It Up of pickaxes for me when it comes to audio.

I don't actively look for Fortnite cosplays but the few I've come across unintentionally are either the meme skins or Aura (lol). Truth be told, if someone is gonna put in the relatively huge effort to properly cosplay as V Saint then they'd probably be better off cosplaying as Ashe instead.

Yea Blade's face isn't bad, just that I'm too used to picturing Wesley Snipes as the face of Blade, and the Fortnite variant feels like it leans closer to a friendlier comicbook vibe, which is fine.

Yea that Fortbyte is annoying because it's only in that one location so we'd basically attempt it in Team Rumble and hope that our half of the map included it; regular games would most likely have griefers coming by for easy kills and whatnot. I'll just say that people concluding that Fortbytes were better have most likely forgotten about some of the annoying ones. Epic has always designed some of these grindy things to be a pain in the ass.

I'm just wondering if they feel like they shouldn't have gotten that skin back then lol.

Every ability mentioned in the second tweet besides Rush (which I dont want to assume too much about) has been in FNBR at one point or another in some form.

Edit: I just realized there's a possibility these might tie in to some Suicide Squad LTM or whatever Ninja theme that's been rumoured.

Also, the trolley is probably my favourite vehicle ever in this game, even if it's unlikely to ever return.

Oh and, insert imaginary Innersloth tweets about kids making Among Us derivatives in Creative 2.0 lol.

Gotta say we haven't seen anything remotely impactful like Team Fortress, Tower Defense or DOTA, maybe Creative 2.0 could finally lead to something that monumental?

Last edited:
Oh the Reaper pickaxe looks fine, it's the sound effect that is obnoxious as fuck, it's the Laugh It Up of pickaxes for me when it comes to audio.

I don't actively look for Fortnite cosplays but the few I've come across unintentionally are either the meme skins or Aura (lol). Truth be told, if someone is gonna put in the relatively huge effort to properly cosplay as V Saint then they'd probably be better off cosplaying as Ashe instead.

Yea Blade's face isn't bad, just that I'm too used to picturing Wesley Snipes as the face of Blade, and the Fortnite variant feels like it leans closer to a friendlier comicbook vibe, which is fine.

Yea that Fortbyte is annoying because it's only in that one location so we'd basically attempt it in Team Rumble and hope that our half of the map included it; regular games would most likely have griefers coming by for easy kills and whatnot. I'll just say that people concluding that Fortbytes were better have most likely forgotten about some of the annoying ones. Epic has always designed some of these grindy things to be a pain in the ass.

I'm just wondering if they feel like they shouldn't have gotten that skin back then lol.

Lol I don't blame you, spamming it non stop would annoy me as well. I just like the look of it but yeah some equip sounds can be a bit irritating to the ear.

Looked at some cosplays for other skins. and I gotta say some really hit or miss ones imo. But some of the Jules cosplays are incredible. I looked at pictures of Ashe, not a bad character design. much prefer Victoria though lol, it's the outfit, pale skin, long hair that does it for me.

I think the majority of the marvel or DC series skins try to find a middle ground. They are aware not whole lot of people/teens or kids read comic books. so they basically design or incorporate elements of the MCU or DC cinematic universes and comic book designs into the skins. that's why the iron man skin doesn't resemble RDJ but his built in emote/suit up version is exactly his endgame incarnation. Might be due to either licensing negotiations or because they want a middle ground.

I think when people were saying that fortbytes is better is because they were irritated with how alien artifacts are incorporated into the game. Personally i don't think either one is better than the other. but rather it's more tell6of epic's execution of in game fetch collection's.

Not sure, people seem to be really excited for the skin and it's variants, me included lol. But who knows maybe there is a couple of people who regret buying parry trooper. But why complain? people should be glad they got an exclusive style and variant that no one has or will get ever again lol. Speaking of J balvin

Got teased this morning. buy my god, the collaborations don't end...they keep going holy moly epic games!!

1Ja9pos.jpg

I Like this skin overall and think it's great as someone who enjoys and loves the show. but I have a one gripe. Namely the ADS, his mecha shoulder takes up some huge amount of space so it's kinda hard to not get distracted by that. Love the emote, but man I would of loved if the dance and song from the purge episode was one. This one

uOMBxE6.gif

"It feels gooood!!!"

J balvin duos cup will be taking place on the 24th. while the j balvin set will be in the item shop on the 26th. ngl that Skelton style looks sweeeet!!

Top Bottom