• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite 2.5: Zero Point |OT| Mando and Baby Yoda part you from your V-Bucks

especially if it's a multiple atlas mission. It's one reason I came to dislike atlas missions because at higher levels they require people be at their best/m
I don't know how helpful this would be but you can try to solo them, though the four-men ones are always going to be hard:

Reroll the mission until you get more than one Atlas above ground. That way you mainly need to focus most of your efforts on the grounded 1-2.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Assuming you didn't vote for the difficulty increase, that means at least one of the leavers voted for it, in those cases I'm quite sure your reports will fly, just make sure to include those details.

ETS is an interesting one, in that it's best to have only one person enter and trigger the starting event; the initial number of husks scales according to how many people are in the game, and not lobby, upon the event trigger.
This is exactly what happens. They vote for the increase and another person(who helped with the winning vote) just happens to leave. As far as the scaling goes, I feel like it isn't a significant enough scaling when it comes to the 4 skull missions because of the 4 player requirement set in place.
I don't know how helpful this would be but you can try to solo them, though the four-men ones are always going to be hard:

Reroll the mission until you get more than one Atlas above ground. That way you mainly need to focus most of your efforts on the grounded 1-2.
The fact that I have to go through these hoops to ensure that I get a decent game due to leavers is what has me bummed out. They get exactly what they want and people like me who actually want to finish the mission get left holding the bag.

This is exactly what happens. They vote for the increase and another person(who helped with the winning vote) just happens to leave. As far as the scaling goes, I feel like it isn't a significant enough scaling when it comes to the 4 skull missions because of the 4 player requirement set in place.

The fact that I have to go through these hoops to ensure that I get a decent game due to leavers is what has me bummed out. They get exactly what they want and people like me who actually want to finish the mission get left holding the bag.
Okay, either you're viewing it wrongly or there's a misunderstanding somewhere.

They only get what they want when the trade happens. Otherwise they basically reroll the mission whenever they leave. Whether or not it frustrates them is another matter.

Obviously in an ideal world, all four players would always carry their weight, but that's how it is, so sometimes you can try doing these missions solo by setting the lobby to Private.

And just to repeat myself one last time, in those cases where they vote for difficulty, don't manage to get a barter going and proceed to rage quit, report them. Epic does look into these.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, either you're viewing it wrongly or there's a misunderstanding somewhere.

They only get what they want when the trade happens. Otherwise they basically reroll the mission whenever they leave. Whether or not it frustrates them is another matter.

Obviously in an ideal world, all four players would always carry their weight, but that's how it is, so sometimes you can try doing these missions solo by setting the lobby to Private.

And just to repeat myself one last time, in those cases where they vote for difficulty, don't manage to get a barter going and proceed to rage quit, report them. Epic does look into these.
I think you misread my post. I'm not talking about the traders being frustrated, I'm talking about the people who actually want to play the mission being frustrated. I'm agreeing with your earlier points and I'm just saying it's a bummer that's how things are. This isn't me arguing with you as I have no reason to do so as everything you've said is pretty logical and reasonable. I never stated that I haven't been reporting them. I have. I'm merely stating that it kind of sucks this is the state that PvE is in. Again, I'm agreeing with you and your points and at this point we're just having a conversation.

I think you misread my post. I'm not talking about the traders being frustrated, I'm talking about the people who actually want to play the mission being frustrated. I'm agreeing with your earlier points and I'm just saying it's a bummer that's how things are. This isn't me arguing with you as I have no reason to do so as everything you've said is pretty logical and reasonable. I never stated that I haven't been reporting them. I have. I'm merely stating that it kind of sucks this is the state that PvE is in. Again, I'm agreeing with you and your points and at this point we're just having a conversation.
Wait, did I miss an example???

Cause if you meant that some of these griefers got a successful trade and proceeded to leave the mission without helping out, then that's a whole other level of suckage.

Anyway I doubt either one of us is trying to argue. I just wanted to suggest that you might be better off doing some of these multi-Atlas missions solo if your luck with random teammates is really on a downturn.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, did I miss an example???

Cause if you meant that some of these griefers got a successful trade and proceeded to leave the mission without helping out, then that's a whole other level of suckage.

Anyway I doubt either one of us is trying to argue. I just wanted to suggest that you might be better off doing some of these multi-Atlas missions solo if your luck with random teammates is really on a downturn.
It's all good, it depends on which example you mean. I only really gave an example of it happening on a required 4 player atlas mission and then the atlas mission being un-doable because they left after trade requests. I've had instances of both though, trades happening and then on-mic, one the individuals who've traded with another suddenly say 'hey come to my base and we can trade more' and then they leave mid-mission, and also people on-mic requesting trades, no one wants to trade and they leave.

It's odd how many online RPG games overlook a trade lobby or auction house feature.

What I've been doing lately is grinding levels a bit. I'm not the best expert at Fortnite(I'm good at shooting but pretty terrible at quick building so that means I'm bad at PvP also) and the higher the zone the worse time I'm having, so I'm thinking if I over-level everything enough I can handle it a bit better. How far have you gotten on Save the World?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all good, it depends on which example you mean. I only really gave an example of it happening on a required 4 player atlas mission and then the atlas mission being un-doable because they left after trade requests. I've had instances of both though, trades happening and then on-mic, one the individuals who've traded with another suddenly say 'hey come to my base and we can trade more' and then they leave mid-mission, and also people on-mic requesting trades, no one wants to trade and they leave.

It's odd how many online RPG games overlook a trade lobby or auction house feature.

What I've been doing lately is grinding levels a bit. I'm not the best expert at Fortnite(I'm good at shooting but pretty terrible at quick building so that means I'm bad at PvP also) and the higher the zone the worse time I'm having, so I'm thinking if I over-level everything enough I can handle it a bit better. How far have you gotten on Save the World?
Ah, I had to go back to see that you edited an example in.

Actually, the first paragraph in your latest reply contains the most examples so far, lol. And yea some of that behaviour is shitty, should be reported, and hopefully Epic took action on those griefers.

But, to repeat an earlier point: don't expect any new functionality in STW (eg. Auction House, barter lobbies etc.); STW has effectively been abandoned, with good reason.

I've grinded through the main story missions slowly over time and with plenty of help from random helpful players. Canny Valley has one of the most tiresome slogs I think.

It's interesting that Ryu's built-in emote is his Shoryuken, whilst Chun-Li's is her Houyoku-Sen.

Someone at Epic is probably rubbing their hands in glee waiting for a recreation of this moment in Fortnite

Damn, I said no more purchases until next battle pass. 🌚🤦‍♀️

I've not played any of the recent 3D SF games, but was Chun Li always so THICC? 😳😳😮

k-pop raina GIF

Last edited:
Damn, I said no more purchases until next battle pass. 🌚🤦‍♀️

I've not played any of the recent 3D SF games, but was Chun Li always so THICC? 😳😳😮

k-pop raina GIF
"Thick thighs take lives."

In every iteration of SF she's always had her thighs be beefier than any other female character's. So yea, the Fortnite representation of her is staying faithful to that.

Also, RIP to your wallet. This season's had plenty of great collabs.

"The team that emotes together, wins together."

As usual, had a slew of lousy games with randos in Squad Fill, decided to cut down on the possible number of low-cooperation teammates by 1.

Entered a Trio Fill match and chuckled to see all of us rocking SF skins. The other Chun-Li had the same idea as she came running towards me while I was running to the Ryu (I spawned far away from them), which resulted in this fun little pre-match ritual.

Plenty of Jolly Cooperation in this entire match without voice chat, everything was done by pings, awareness and consideration; couldn't have asked for a better pair of randos to be teamed up with.

And thus I finally obtained the last of the Victory Royale legacies for this season, as I already have the other 3.
8PK0DUz.jpg

"Thick thighs take lives."

In every iteration of SF she's always had her thighs be beefier than any other female character's. So yea, the Fortnite representation of her is staying faithful to that.

Also, RIP to your wallet. This season's had plenty of great collabs.

Probably more ample as its first time she's been controlled from the third person.

So Mortal Kombat next?

Please be true.

I'd pay 5000 Vbucks for Quagmire and a Gahigiddy emote.

quagmire GIF

On games side, I could see more Capcom collabs. Jill Valentine and Chris are a shoe in I'd say.

Last edited:
Probably more ample as its first time she's been controlled from the third person.
Fortnite's low FOV might also be contributing to that.

Anyway, her back bling might be the single greatest thing in the set. When you randomly hear "TATSUMAKI SENPUU KYAKU!" upon elimating an opponent.

Blanka generating electricity upon being in the storm also works as a giveaway sound cue. Ally who wears the BB? You know they're in the storm. If no one on your team wears it and you hear it? An enemy is nearby in the storm.

How time limited are these skins (Ryu and Chun Li)?
Will be in the shop for at least a few more days, if not the entire week.

And recently Fortnite's twitter has been quite good at giving a heads up as to when the collaboration skins are rotating out of the shop, usually 24-48hrs in advance. Some examples:

bender

What time is it?
Will be in the shop for at least a few more days, if not the entire week.

And recently Fortnite's twitter has been quite good at giving a heads up as to when the collaboration skins are rotating out of the shop, usually 24-48hrs in advance. Some examples:

I guess I asked the question poorly. Will they rotate back in?

I guess I asked the question poorly. Will they rotate back in?
At some point in future, definitely, can't speculate on how long it'd take though.

Just a tidbit: the only collab skin that appeared this season, left and returned, was the Kratos set. Every other collab introduced this season hasn't returned since leaving the shop.

bender

What time is it?
At some point in future, definitely, can't speculate on how long it'd take though.

Just a tidbit: the only collab skin that appeared this season, left and returned, was the Kratos set. Every other collab introduced this season hasn't returned since leaving the shop.

I don't really play Fortnite, I just log into Save the World to collect the weekly V-Bucks. I'll risk it as my currency is low thanks to Snake Eyes. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
I don't know why this slipped my mind all those weeks ago but it popped into my head today.

"If it builds we can kill it."

Edit: Typos.

Last edited:
Ok they got me, I bought some V bucks from target with the red card lol. Just too many kids calling me default and then acting like it’s the first match Ive played. Basically Zelda tutorial mode always on

Last edited:
Def Ryu costume. I wanted a tron costume but I missed it haha
At the risk of encouraging frivolous spending, consider completing the bundle, which adds Chun-Li and her back bling (the mini arcade cabinet) for another 600 vbucks.

It's a bit loud (both meanings) and big but the random soundbites and animations that occur when you eliminate someone are gold.

Anyway, there's a possibility the collab skins will show up again around the final week of this season. Otherwise it might be sometime next season, them not being tied to a real life event (like NFL) makes it hard to predict.

At the risk of encouraging frivolous spending, consider completing the bundle, which adds Chun-Li and her back bling (the mini arcade cabinet) for another 600 vbucks.

It's a bit loud (both meanings) and big but the random soundbites and animations that occur when you eliminate someone are gold.

Anyway, there's a possibility the collab skins will show up again around the final week of this season. Otherwise it might be sometime next season, them not being tied to a real life event (like NFL) makes it hard to predict.

Thanks for the heads up. You had me at frivolous spending. I am definitely buying the set. What I thought was interesting was that my gf wanted the diamond diva set but then you couldn’t even buy with V bucks lol so I paid the 4 dollars.

Thanks for the heads up. You had me at frivolous spending. I am definitely buying the set. What I thought was interesting was that my gf wanted the diamond diva set but then you couldn’t even buy with V bucks lol so I paid the 4 dollars.
While Fortnite cosmetics have always been overpriced, they've been doing a good job in the past few seasons with bundles. Just don't fall into the trap of buying stuff you don't actually want simply because it's in a bundle and you should be fine.

Diamond Diva belongs to the Starter Packs, they are refreshed roughly once per season and have always only been charged with actual money.

You can think of it as a way to get more vbucks for fewer dollars and a few nice cosmetics along with it. Definitely recognize that they're the gateway drug to buying/spending more vbucks haha.

NickFire

Has there been any dev talk about improving Save the World? I don't even want anything big, I just want them to add trading lobbies. It's gotten to a point where 1-2 people will immediately leave a match(which difficulty is set for 4 players) if no one agrees to trade with them, and it happens more often than it should.
Unfortunately, the feedback from when they dropped the F2P plans for STW suggests the game is now "complete." For a long time we expected more story mode for twine, and continued updates when it went F2P. But once they dropped the F2P plans the statements suggested (to me anyway) that the existing content would be cycled, and the game was not being developed further. I'd absolutely love it if that changes, but there's no evidence it will.

I hear you about the trading punks. Sometimes they even try boxing me in thinking I will give in to their demands. Bunch of spoiled brats who need better role models in their lives if you ask me.

If you do want occasional high level rounds with people who won't quit, keep an eye on the free vbuck trackers. Even if you can't get them as a newer purchaser, they will always have long term players plowing through them to completion for the v buck rewards. And 9/10 times when someone quits, those who remain have the skills / builds to complete the round anyway.

Unfortunately, the feedback from when they dropped the F2P plans for STW suggests the game is now "complete." For a long time we expected more story mode for twine, and continued updates when it went F2P. But once they dropped the F2P plans the statements suggested (to me anyway) that the existing content would be cycled, and the game was not being developed further. I'd absolutely love it if that changes, but there's no evidence it will.

I hear you about the trading punks. Sometimes they even try boxing me in thinking I will give in to their demands. Bunch of spoiled brats who need better role models in their lives if you ask me.

If you do want occasional high level rounds with people who won't quit, keep an eye on the free vbuck trackers. Even if you can't get them as a newer purchaser, they will always have long term players plowing through them to completion for the v buck rewards. And 9/10 times when someone quits, those who remain have the skills / builds to complete the round anyway.

Lol when that happened. I usually just drop out, they don't get shit and I can go into another match and don't have to worry about them. should watch the videos on scammers, it's just them crying for their stolen loot back when it's done to them haha.

NickFire

Lol when that happened. I usually just drop out, they don't get shit and I can go into another match and don't have to worry about them. should watch the videos on scammers, it's just them crying for their stolen loot back when it's done to them haha.
:messenger_tears_of_joy: - I actually get a kick out of it when they drop stuff while forcing a trade. I just take it and keep breaking their boxes and laugh.

While I doubt Twine Peaks will ever get its story mode fleshed out, I always get some enjoyment out of the character dialogues, which are always well acted.

This quest is a fairly recent addition and it was great to see Willow return again after her first appearance around Halloween 2019

Klart

God damn it. This season has been hitting it out of the park with skins. Street Fighter, Predator, Terminator, GI Joe, Kratos and Alien?

Top Bottom