• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars |OT| Keep your cards Nier and Zero in onto the battlefield!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah everyone seems like Jerks in this game except for Mar and two others. It's an odd thing, but it's my biggest complaint. I don't like being bait and switched like that. I don't know fully why I grew so attached to the Ivory gang as much as I did, but I am fully latched onto them and it still confuses me and bothers me as to how that happened.
I dont know I kind of like that, not everyone what they seem. I personally not fan of characters becoming BBF from get go in some games. Some people just can't get along with each other.

I dont know I kind of like that, not everyone what they seem. I personally not fan of characters becoming BBF from get go in some games. Some people just can't get along with each other.
I mean in general, not specifically to each other. I can understand that sometimes characters will not agree on things. My problem is the narration goes out of it's way to say "you" are doing these things, not Ash himself. No way in hell would I ever mock sick people who need medicine and then demand them give me money for it like a prick.

I mean, maybe there were trying to make him like Lonestar from Space Balls? That was funny, but here it just seems to be annoying me.

Are there any other games like this on PS4 and Switch?
Aesthetic-wise? Idk. But, it's a pretty traditional turn-based JRPG and there are some good ones on Switch - Octopath Traveler, Dragon Quest 1-3 and 11, Battle Chasers, Bravely Default 2, Bug Fables, Darkest Dungeon.

Fbh

So I haven't read any reviews, but does it get weird/unique (besides the card based presentation) later on or is it basically just like the demo?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So I haven't read any reviews, but does it get weird/unique (besides the card based presentation) later on or is it basically just like the demo?
I would say it’s not “weird” like Drakengard/NieR series but I really liking the characters. Especially the main character, his kind of an asshole and very selfish.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fbh
The card game in this is so random I don't even get the point of playing it, may as well instead just have all the players roll dice and have the highest roll be the winner. Would save the 5 minutes it takes to play a game at the very least.

Edit: the worst part is you can't even quit if it isn't your turn, so when you get down by 100 in the second round and your turn is skipped you have to sit there waiting for everyone to take turns twice before you can even exit.

Last edited:
The card game in this is so random I don't even get the point of playing it, may as well instead just have all the players roll dice and have the highest roll be the winner. Would save the 5 minutes it takes to play a game at the very least.

Edit: the worst part is you can't even quit if it isn't your turn, so when you get down by 100 in the second round and your turn is skipped you have to sit there waiting for everyone to take turns twice before you can even exit.
Yeah, the card mini-game is pretty bad.

bender

What time is it?
Finished the campaign today. This is an excellent game that is completely let down by the difficulty.

Took me 28 hours and loved every minute of it.

In case you are interested, here is my no commentary playlist of the game. Demo Prologue and full game so there will be spoilers.

How? It took me under 11 and there wasn't really optional stuff I was skipping. I'm confused how you played nearly 3 times as long.

After playing this, I wish there was a Magic: The Gathering video game on PS4 and Switch like this game.
At the very least, I want story dlc and more cosmetic dlc as well. Would love to have a story with the Ivory trio from the Demo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom