• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers |OT| - Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It’s been pretty cool. I am just starting off running to the Captain America statue with the flash drive It’s so wholesome. I want to keep playing it, but everything feels like it’s been already done for me. The ledge that I obviously need to climb or the jump that has the same jump marking on it. It doesn’t feel unique for the player so far. I have enough common sense to know there’s going to be more to it. I’ll go back once I play something else for a bit.

Last edited:

Kagero

Cause of a combo in a action game? I mean is that all it takes to like a game? Maybe people have higher standards then just completing a combo in a game about fighting🤷‍♂️
Dude. The game is good. This GIF speaks to the polish of the game. You can’t look at this and say they didn’t put care in to it, and yes. It does play as good as this looks. Story, acting, and gameplay are all great. Not GOTY great but definitely above average. Better then any of the Tomb Raider games they made IMO.

Cause of a combo in a action game? I mean is that all it takes to like a game? Maybe people have higher standards then just completing a combo in a game about fighting🤷‍♂️
Maybe if it were a ps4 exclusive you would be loosing Your shit🕵. You can make any good game sound bad if it's said like you. Ghost of Tsushima. Just slicing people makes it good? Sorry but the game is fun. It's responsive. It flows. Graphics, animations, voice acting. It's a good game.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Maybe if it were a ps4 exclusive you would be loosing Your shit🕵. You can make any good game sound bad if it's said like you. Ghost of Tsushima. Just slicing people makes it good? Sorry but the game is fun. It's responsive. It flows. Graphics, animations, voice acting. It's a good game.

Ummm...what?!? I don't even know where that came from lol, maybe you think I am someone else?

I just pointed out that you used a gif of a combo in a action game to make the point that people are on drugs if they don't like the game. It's a weak point to convince those on the fence.

DeaDPo0L84

Dude. The game is good. This GIF speaks to the polish of the game. You can’t look at this and say they didn’t put care in to it, and yes. It does play as good as this looks. Story, acting, and gameplay are all great. Not GOTY great but definitely above average. Better then any of the Tomb Raider games they made IMO.

I have only played the beta and will eventually pick it up when on sale to at least play through the campaign. I have not once said the game is not good or those who enjoy it have bad taste or anything similar to that. The gaas model has worn on me, this even happens with games I thoroughly enjoy (Division 1/2, Destiny 1/2), I still play Destiny 2 but sparingly in comparison to how I played many months ago. I do wish the campaign was coop, it just seems like a given that it should have been.

VFXVeteran

Banned

I think people are downplaying it because it's not a 1st party game. It's the best Marvel game in existence right now. They put a lot of work into refining the mechanics of the game. It has a lot of skillsets to master and the graphics on PC are incredible.

Ummm...what?!? I don't even know where that came from lol, maybe you think I am someone else?

I just pointed out that you used a gif of a combo in a action game to make the point that people are on drugs if they don't like the game. It's a weak point to convince those on the fence.
It's an awesome gif which makes the game look like a lot of fun. Especially if you like doing combos. I know some People that bought dmc4 over a gif

DeaDPo0L84

It's an awesome gif which makes the game look like a lot of fun. Especially if you like doing combos. I know some People that bought dmc4 over a gif

This should have been your initial reply to my comment lol, not the drugs or suicide talk. But yes as I said to another person above I will probably pick it up at some point, maybe even before November when CP2077 launches, but right now it would be a tough buy @ $60.

edotlee

While the game has a lot of faults that will hopefully be ironed out over time, I think the combat feels great. You'll get out of it, what you put into it.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
So wheres my Spiderman?

Too much padding of walking around this base and that base.

Levels and enemies are samey. But there is something addictive about the game and the combat is fun but hectic.

50% through the story but havent delved into the online.

Should I do more side missions to upgrade and do I unlock anyone else after Thor and Cap?

ManaByte

So wheres my Spiderman?

Levels and enemies are samey. But there is something addictive about the game and the combat is fun but hectic.

Should I do more side missions to upgrade and do I unlock anyone else after Thor and Cap?

You can do the side missions after you finish the main campaign so save them for later.

Esca

Really love playing as hulk as I've gotten to go into other skill branches to be able to customize effects from my powers. It really added a lot to it and being able to change speciality when needed is nice. Really happy work my purchase.

My only complaints are I've ran into lots of lil bugs and the prices in the marketplace are laughably high. I liked the hulk gladiator skin but 14 lmao

Hinedorf

Banned
I purchased the game for PC after all my griping and I'm pretty stunned at the performance difference from the Beta on PS4 to my PC. That Beta was a really bad idea for me as it soured me on a very poor view of the game.

Doing the whole A-Day thing felt awesome and really helped to bond with a character I thought I would hate and now love. It took about all of 5 minutes to get over how the character models look and embrace them. The combat feels very much like Arkham Knight with a bit more range in how the most important factor is timing the dodge.

I've gone Keyboard/Mouse versus controller and I'm liking it. Iron Man seems to be my favorite thus far.

Elcid

Banned
So wheres my Spiderman?

Once you get Cap you’re like one mission away from ending the campaign.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
So wheres my Spiderman?

cap is the last one.

Yeah the big problem with this game is the missions are bad outside a few single player levels.

It does remind me of anthem where the core game is good but areas and mission objectives are sub par.

also no one has spoke about the lack of villains. Only 2 I can think of in the first few single player levels and none after until the last boss battle.

cap is the last one.

Yeah the big problem with this game is the missions are bad outside a few single player levels.

It does remind me of anthem where the core game is good but areas and mission objectives are sub par.

also no one has spoke about the lack of villains. Only 2 I can think of in the first few single player levels and none after until the last boss battle.
Nobody has mentioned it cause they don’t want to spoil shit for people.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I think people are downplaying it because it's not a 1st party game. It's the best Marvel game in existence right now. They put a lot of work into refining the mechanics of the game. It has a lot of skillsets to master and the graphics on PC are incredible.
I need some help for the pc version :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Are you using v-sync from nvidia panel or ingame settings?
Are you using rivatuner to limit the framerate or the ingame one?

Even if i activate the hdr on windows, the hdr ingame setting is grey, any thoughts?

Also do you keep game mode and hardware accelerated gpu scheduling on windows both active? i heard that game mode can cause problems and i have no idea what the other thing is.

any advise for better performance on a 2070super\8600k both stock?!

Thanks.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
The game is apparently eating skins and skill points. IE you get a skin go check on it and it’s gone or you keep buying skills becuase they keep Getting relocked.

not a great look for one of these games.

whyman

I can’t find/don’t get items from vendors and factions. Do they go somewhere special? I think it’s a bug but not sure.

Dibils2k

i hit the credits but says i havent completed campaign when i click initiative... is it cause i need to finish up individual hero story chains too

Kagero

I was thinking the same actually. It sits nicely beside any exclusive. Outside of some weird graphical choices and some odd stage designs trying to emulate the multiplayer mode. This thing screams quality. I was a hater at first because to me, the game doesn’t preview well. It actually looks terrible and GAAS is frowned upon nowadays. I think the game is going to be one of the highest selling games ever, mostly because its the Avengers, but party because it’s a great game, and I think word of mouth will carry this one very far. Very happy to be wrong about this one. Also kinda salty because I hate the avengers and everyone that loves them haha.

Manus

I picked this up. I haven't bought a game full price on PC in forever.

Kinda helped that I had friends wanting to group up, ready to see how it plays.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I need some help for the pc version :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Are you using v-sync from nvidia panel or ingame settings?

In game.

Are you using rivatuner to limit the framerate or the ingame one?

In game.

Even if i activate the hdr on windows, the hdr ingame setting is grey, any thoughts?

Have no idea. That should work. Are you setting HDR at the Menu Settings before launching the game? And make sure it's "Exclusive Fullscreen" as well as having "Fullscreen" checked.

Also do you keep game mode and hardware accelerated gpu scheduling on windows both active? i heard that game mode can cause problems and i have no idea what the other thing is.

I haven't heard of these modes you speak of. Do you have a link?

any advise for better performance on a 2070super\8600k both stock?!

Drop the res down to 1440p and turn on dynamic resolution. Turn TAA to SMAA. Try to leave all the 3D features on for maximum visuals (except the shadows and DOF).

Here is a full 4k res video I made of Ironman. It's a little on the dark side but you should be able to see maximum visuals here. The street detail, his armor, FX and destruction are impeccible.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
In game.

In game.

Have no idea. That should work. Are you setting HDR at the Menu Settings before launching the game? And make sure it's "Exclusive Fullscreen" as well as having "Fullscreen" checked.

I haven't heard of these modes you speak of. Do you have a link?

Drop the res down to 1440p and turn on dynamic resolution. Turn TAA to SMAA. Try to leave all the 3D features on for maximum visuals (except the shadows and DOF).

Here is a full 4k res video I made of Ironman. It's a little on the dark side but you should be able to see maximum visuals here. The street detail, his armor, FX and destruction are impeccible.

This game is a fucking nightmare, you were right, it's one of the few games that broke my will. :ROFLMAO:

the only way to have a stable framerate is playing at 1080p with locked 60 but it looks blurry as fuck, horrible.
Or 4k30, but this game feel a bit slow, heavy and laggy even at 60 frame, 30 is unplayable for me, it feels worse than any 30 fps console games, horrible.

there is no combination of settings to get 1440p60, it always slow down hard during combat or even when it load new areas or assets.

I tried the DRS but it doesn't work properly (people over the internet have the same problem)

this game is a glorified alpha in terms of optimization, i had crashes, visual glitch, sound glitch, bugged vfx and it really doens't look that good except for some small area here and there and the nice destruction (not really dynamic destruction o anything new, just a shitload of debris everywhere), the open areas are dull as fuck graphically, there is no reason for the game to run this bad.

at least the combat is fun when the framerate doens't shit himself...

here some link for game mode and the other thing and thanks for the setting even if i alrady tried everything and nothing work.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
I picked this up. I haven't bought a game full price on PC in forever.

Kinda helped that I had friends wanting to group up, ready to see how it plays.
Nice enjoy it. Just saw the circle jerk of hate in the review thread lol. Those people don’t know what they’re missing. I’m about to start the Avengers post game and I’m super hyped. Does anyone know how many Harm rooms there are?

Exede

Nice enjoy it. Just saw the circle jerk of hate in the review thread lol. Those people don’t know what they’re missing. I’m about to start the Avengers post game and I’m super hyped. Does anyone know how many Harm rooms there are?
5 harm rooms.

VFXVeteran

Banned
This game is a fucking nightmare, you were right, it's one of the few games that broke my will. :ROFLMAO:

the only way to have a stable framerate is playing at 1080p with locked 60 but it looks blurry as fuck, horrible.
Or 4k30, but this game feel a bit slow, heavy and laggy even at 60 frame, 30 is unplayable for me, it feels worse than any 30 fps console games, horrible.

there is no combination of settings to get 1440p60, it always slow down hard during combat or even when it load new areas or assets.

I tried the DRS but it doesn't work properly (people over the internet have the same problem)

this game is a glorified alpha in terms of optimization, i had crashes, visual glitch, sound glitch, bugged vfx and it really doens't look that good except for some small area here and there and the nice destruction (not really dynamic destruction o anything new, just a shitload of debris everywhere), the open areas are dull as fuck graphically, there is no reason for the game to run this bad.

at least the combat is fun when the framerate doens't shit himself...

here some link for game mode and the other thing and thanks for the setting even if i alrady tried everything and nothing work.

Sorry you have such a bad experience. The game is very shader heavy. Environments and all the collision detection is very expensive.

This generation, try to pick up a 3080 and you'll revisit this game and realize how incredible it looks and plays. You need more power.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Sorry you have such a bad experience. The game is very shader heavy. Environments and all the collision detection is very expensive.

This generation, try to pick up a 3080 and you'll revisit this game and realize how incredible it looks and plays. You need more power.
Not to sound rude (and i'm not because i payed money to buy this thing ) but i also need devs without the heads up in their asses that can release a non-broken game at launch if they ask full price.

you can watch or read literally every review or gaming board, this game is broken for a lot of things and even turning off all of these "next-gen" effects make almost no differences, the game slow down even in calm moments with almost nothing on screen and the setting are not really scalable enough.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Not to sound rude (and i'm not because i payed money to buy this thing ) but i also need devs without the heads up in their asses that can release a non-broken game at launch if they ask full price.

you can watch or read literally every review or gaming board, this game is broken for a lot of things and even turning off all of these "next-gen" effects make almost no differences, the game slow down even in calm moments with almost nothing on screen and the setting are not really scalable enough.

They released a patch today. I haven't downloaded to find out what.

EDIT: Nvm. It was Friday.

Last edited:
Man they nerfed Hulk way too hard from how he was in the beta. The activation cost for Rage is way too high. How can Hulk even run out of the angry meter?

TimFL

I just finished mission where you unlock / get to play as Thor... that took way too long to get there seeing as I want to main Thor.

I can already see how leveling / gearing the other characters is going to be a heavy drag (Kamala, Widow to name 2 I don‘t like playing as... Hulk also does not do much for me in terms of fun). My Kamala was pretty underpowered cause I always tried to go for Hulk / IM when I got the chance.

Is leveling hard after you finish the main story? Whats the best grind to get characters up to max level?

Hinedorf

Banned
yep, the wait for the numerous patches begin.

Haven't ran into any issues on the PC thus far other than noticing in some instances characters are talking and their lips aren't moving. No crashes, I'm on the default 'High' preset game runs fantastic

Elcid

Banned
I just finished mission where you unlock / get to play as Thor... that took way too long to get there seeing as I want to main Thor.

I can already see how leveling / gearing the other characters is going to be a heavy drag (Kamala, Widow to name 2 I don‘t like playing as... Hulk also does not do much for me in terms of fun). My Kamala was pretty underpowered cause I always tried to go for Hulk / IM when I got the chance.

Is leveling hard after you finish the main story? Whats the best grind to get characters up to max level?
HARM room levels them up pretty damn quick.

Hostile_18

Banned
Been playing this evening with a random I met online. So fun, reminds me of Resi 6 where you can team up and do coop and then go on your way (and I loved that controversial game as well).

I'm sure it may go down but at the moment this game is a 9/10 for me.

Zephir

Got the game today (yea, somehow they sent me a copy on sunday, miracles) and arrived at that beta mission with hulk and kamala.

Don't know about you, but that camper scene between kamala and banner was perfect and it was even better after watching the previous scene that shows how much of an akward and introvert guy he is.

Saw a few bugs here and there, but minor things...I wish the "detective vision" would highlight collectables in a better way but it's a fun game so far

Top Bottom