• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite 2.5: Zero Point |OT| Mando and Baby Yoda part you from your V-Bucks

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Hawks Eclipse Hawks Eclipse & Ailynn Ailynn & Anyone Else - anyone heard or read any hints about next season? I doubt we get much before the very end of this season, but you never know with all the data miners and leakers out there.

I've not heard anything official about next season, but I suspect it may have to do with "The Seven." In the season pass video, after Jonesy was given his mission objectives, they added "Oh, and please do not draw the attention of The Seven."

I think it's pretty safe to say...with all the characters from different realities that Jonesy has been bringing to the island, The Seven are probably all too aware of what's going on. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
guokMqm.jpg
mvzPOo6.jpg

"Starting April 20th 2021, buying a physical print of batman/fortnite: zero point issue 1 comic has a bonus download code for the rebirth harley quinn outfit. two comics releasing per month with codes for new batman cosmetics items and skins. until July 6th, buying all 6 issues will give you access to the armored zero point batman skin"

Sorry for not putting in an official link. But for you can find this all over fortnite news circuits on twitter.

Last edited:
Hawks Eclipse Hawks Eclipse & Ailynn Ailynn & Anyone Else - anyone heard or read any hints about next season? I doubt we get much before the very end of this season, but you never know with all the data miners and leakers out there.
Just a guess but it could be a DC crossover season.
And maybe some Mortal Kombat characters join in later on, following the pattern of Marvel vs Street Fighter and MK vs DC.

Really though, Mustard needs to reintroduce the younger generation to Spawn :D

Just a guess but it could be a DC crossover season.
And maybe some Mortal Kombat characters join in later on, following the pattern of Marvel vs Street Fighter and MK vs DC.

Really though, Mustard needs to reintroduce the younger generation to Spawn :D

7A3gJ8t.jpg

Yup, we need this asap.

7A3gJ8t.jpg

Yup, we need this asap.
I'm optimistic that we will see Mortal Kombat and Spawn in Fortnite some day, it's probably a matter of how the deals are being negotiated as well as how they want to implement the characters thematically. (Looking at their spin on the chestburster makes me think MK will be fine.)

Months ago I was surprised to learn that Angela became Marvel's IP quite a long time ago.
Cause if Spawn had to be brought in with one more character, Angela would be my top pick. Still, maybe she'll get brought in via the Marvel side!

I'm optimistic that we will see Mortal Kombat and Spawn in Fortnite some day, it's probably a matter of how the deals are being negotiated as well as how they want to implement the characters thematically. (Looking at their spin on the chestburster makes me think MK will be fine.)

Months ago I was surprised to learn that Angela became Marvel's IP quite a long time ago.
Cause if Spawn had to be brought in with one more character, Angela would be my top pick. Still, maybe she'll get brought in via the Marvel side!

Yeah Angela has been a marvel character for awhile. think the creator sold the rights to them after he won his court battle against Todd McFarlane. and yes I think scorpion & sub zero are inevitable skins down the line. Much like the street fighter skins, though while I like chun li and Ryu if it was a M bison skin instant buy no question lol.

Yeah Angela has been a marvel character for awhile. think the creator sold the rights to them after he won his court battle against Todd McFarlane. and yes I think scorpion & sub zero are inevitable skins down the line. Much like the street fighter skins, though while I like chun li and Ryu if it was a M bison skin instant buy no question lol.
Hah I was thinking Scorpion and Liu Kang myself, seriously I think Scorpion is the only mandatory inclusion. I feel like Liu Kang was the original protagonist for MK but over time the design and sheer cool of Scorpion (and Sub Zero) just took over.

Obligatory Scorpion + Harpoon Gun challenge to unlock extra styles and legacies :D

Well, that explains your DP, lololol
1E7CiYi.jpg

(I would have had the other way around, but I still thought this was great) :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

15hp Predator? Where did they get him from, Walmart?

At least whoever couldn't guarantee the headshot made it a point to use the Lever Action Shotgun :D

Arnold still cocked it best (c'mon Epic, put your heart into it!)

Hah I was thinking Scorpion and Liu Kang myself, seriously I think Scorpion is the only mandatory inclusion. I feel like Liu Kang was the original protagonist for MK but over time the design and sheer cool of Scorpion (and Sub Zero) just took over.

Obligatory Scorpion + Harpoon Gun challenge to unlock extra styles and legacies :D

Well, that explains your DP, lololol
1E7CiYi.jpg

Yeah Liu Kang is definitely the main protagonist of the mk storyline. but I reckon they'd choose Scorpion because his more iconic appearance and one liner. if they do release some Mortal Kombat skins, I'd say it'd be Scorpion and a female fighter like Sonya blade or princess kitana. similar to Ryu and chun li, or mileena if they want to scare a fee kids with her mouth lol. yup just a big bison fan here, I grew up playing street fighter 2 on the Playstation 1 with my dad when i was little. and liked how he looked back then, so he ended up becoming my main when playing street fighter 4 and 5.
b3zf3J4.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
With Season 6 going to be DC I broke down and got Flash and Last Laugh today.

Only DC skins I don't have are Harley (which I'll get with the comic) and Catwoman (who they'll probably bring back towards the end of the DC season like they did all the Marvel skins).

Yeah Liu Kang is definitely the main protagonist of the mk storyline. but I reckon they'd choose Scorpion because his more iconic appearance and one liner. if they do release some Mortal Kombat skins, I'd say it'd be Scorpion and a female fighter like Sonya blade or princess kitana. similar to Ryu and chun li, or mileena if they want to scare a fee kids with her mouth lol. yup just a big bison fan here, I grew up playing street fighter 2 on the Playstation 1 with my dad when i was little. and liked how he looked back then, so he ended up becoming my main when playing street fighter 4 and 5.
b3zf3J4.jpg
That grin goes too far lol.

Oh and since we're on the topic of wishlisted characters, a realistic wish of mine would be Robert Patrick's T-1000.

Like damn, I'd pay 2000 Bison Dollars for him, and they've gotta include reactive liquid metal wounds when shot! (I'm getting carried away now hahaha.)

With Season 6 going to be DC I broke down and got Flash and Last Laugh today.

Only DC skins I don't have are Harley (which I'll get with the comic) and Catwoman (who they'll probably bring back towards the end of the DC season like they did all the Marvel skins).
The funny thing about LL bundle for me is that Midas Rex is the best item in there. Not even sure why he's in there and Green Arrow was a February Crew skin. It's all over the place.

The funny thing about LL bundle for me is that Midas Rex is the best item in there. Not even sure why he's in there and Green Arrow was a February Crew skin. It's all over the place.

Yeah alot of people have been vocal about the marvel collaboration during season 4. I figured they threw midas rex in to get more fortnite story fans interested. as I suspect if he wasn't in that pack, not many of the fortnite die hards would of bought it. even though there isn't a single hint as to what the theme of season 6 is. there is already some who are jumping on "its a DC comics themed battle pass" which imo would be kick ass but to them. They'd be pretty pissed off lol.

Yeah alot of people have been vocal about the marvel collaboration during season 4. I figured they threw midas rex in to get more fortnite story fans interested. as I suspect if he wasn't in that pack, not many of the fortnite die hards would of bought it. even though there isn't a single hint as to what the theme of season 6 is. there is already some who are jumping on "its a DC comics themed battle pass" which imo would be kick ass but to them. They'd be pretty pissed off lol.
I genuinely have no idea. I'd think that sexy Poison Ivy was enough to sell and at least in my experience, I see more Jokers and Ivys than Midas Rex.

Any tie-in would be cool if they leveraged the IP better IMO. Remember when Gotham City replaced Tilted? Batarangs and the grappling hooks etc.

If they do go with a DC collab next season, then I'd like to see more gadgets, abilities and game modes that riff on the characters' abilities and tools.

Oh btw...
Have we even seen the gun that Reese is using yet?
APyW1mh.jpg

Or how about a flamethrower like Ripley was using in the promo video? :(

I genuinely have no idea. I'd think that sexy Poison Ivy was enough to sell and at least in my experience, I see more Jokers and Ivys than Midas Rex.

Any tie-in would be cool if they leveraged the IP better IMO. Remember when Gotham City replaced Tilted? Batarangs and the grappling hooks etc.

If they do go with a DC collab next season, then I'd like to see more gadgets, abilities and game modes that riff on the characters' abilities and tools.

Oh btw...
Have we even seen the gun that Reese is using yet?
APyW1mh.jpg

Or how about a flamethrower like Ripley was using in the promo video? :(

That pistol reese is using. looks like a black metal weapon, they were specifically released around Halloween for Stw. I only ever got my hands on the shotgun for that series, but I recognize the pistol due to the collection book. As for the flamethrower? no idea as stw doesn't have anything like that other than boom bow, and special rocket launchers. and yes, I'd love to see more poi's with gadgets or abilities more tied to their respective characters. like if wonder woman is a boss, then we get her sword or shield. green lanterns ring and etc, but I hope they are balanced than Iron man's gauntlets and wolverines claws.

They're doing a DC Zero Point comic in April, just like they did a Marvel one to tie into that season.

Let the leakers dig into the files and see what they find. I wouldn't use the zero point batman crossover as indication of what the theme is. they even did a joker/dc collaboration during a marvel season so anything is possible.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Let the leakers dig into the files and see what they find. I wouldn't use the zero point batman crossover as indication of what the theme is. they even did a joker/dc collaboration during a marvel season so anything is possible.

So you're ignoring the comic tie-in to Marvel do fuel your denial?

The data miners have already found another Thanos-sized character model. Could be Darksied for DC, which would also tie into JL on HBO in March.

Last edited:

The data miners have already found another Thanos-sized character model. Could be Darksied for DC, which would also tie into JL on HBO in March.

Comic tie in to Marvel wasn't even announced until after the fact. the season was announced as a marvel themed season. in fact in the files it was only ever hinted, as to this? it's just another collaboration until announced by epic games and DC comics. Don't know where you are getting at lol but if you are going off a model that was found in the files, then idk what to tell you. it could be anything, for any particular character who is large like that. I'm not denying it could be a DC theme season, but come up with some better proof dude 🙂

DC/Marvel solicit their comics differently.

True, but usually there is something in the files in the last patch update before the new season starts. something that indicates or points towards what is being used. true it could darkseid, I'd love it to be actually as I really liked the marvel collaboration alot. so I'm all for a DC crossover season if true, but I don't see enough evidence unless the leakers say otherwise. we'll know come the last patch update for this season, whether it's a DC collab or not. I hope it is because that means superman and wonder woman as skins 🙂

All that sounds possible. Cyber Hunter and I are just not absolutely certain that next season will be a straight up DC crossover.

Unless you have some insider sources at DC...

NickFire

All that sounds possible. Cyber Hunter and I are just not absolutely certain that next season will be a straight up DC crossover.

Unless you have some insider sources at DC...
Hopefully we will get some hints in the next couple of updates. I think a DC crossover would excite people, and there's already a base of characters to start with / drop back in the store when the next season launches. I wonder how they would tie it into the existing season. Maybe bring in the Suicide Squad to track someone down (continuing the hunter storyline), but it gets out of hand and they need superhero's to reign them in?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Hopefully we will get some hints in the next couple of updates. I think a DC crossover would excite people, and there's already a base of characters to start with / drop back in the store when the next season launches. I wonder how they would tie it into the existing season. Maybe bring in the Suicide Squad to track someone down (continuing the hunter storyline), but it gets out of hand and they need superhero's to reign them in?

Starting a DC season in April allows them to tie into the release of JL on HBO Max, the home video release of Wonder Woman 84, and then the HBO Max/Theater release of The Suicide Squad.

NickFire

Starting a DC season in April allows them to tie into the release of JL on HBO Max, the home video release of Wonder Woman 84, and then the HBO Max/Theater release of The Suicide Squad.
Well, the season will be starting around the 16th of March give or take. But the events you listed make it feel even more likely / inevitable than the comic by itself. If DC wants to pump up enthusiasm for those events, they cannot get much better advertising than a DC Fortnite season starting mid March.

I'm lazy to check but I think we only have 1 or 2 updates left before the new season.

I think we all know there's plenty of stuff Epic could do. Honestly, I feel the stories in STW are a bit more substantial and I don't mean because they're voice acted. The weird fetch quests and what not are tedious but the narrative glue is funny and makes sense within Fortnite's goofy logic.

BR's story feels held together by the glue and duct tape that is the player base's imagination (sorry Mustard). It's a lot of teasing and not enough showing (much less interacting).

Like okay, we have all these portals around the island denoting the realities that Jonesy has visited...and the only effect they have so far is being cosmetics in the item shop?

BTW apologies if it feels like I'm ranting at you. I just figured since you've also played STW you can see what I mean with the comparison.

That pistol reese is using. looks like a black metal weapon, they were specifically released around Halloween for Stw. I only ever got my hands on the shotgun for that series, but I recognize the pistol due to the collection book. As for the flamethrower? no idea as stw doesn't have anything like that other than boom bow, and special rocket launchers. and yes, I'd love to see more poi's with gadgets or abilities more tied to their respective characters. like if wonder woman is a boss, then we get her sword or shield. green lanterns ring and etc, but I hope they are balanced than Iron man's gauntlets and wolverines claws.
Damn, I'll have to check the STW side cause I have no recollection of any gun looking like that. But yea it's not in BR so far right? Makes me wonder what's going on with Epic.

Balance will always be a bit iffy when these things are introduced, though I think they did a pretty good job with the Marvel stuff personally.

That said, this season's exotics and NPCs are very welcome and fun. Slightly more in depth interactions between the characters would have been amazing. Eg. Triggerfish tasking you with hunting down Turk or Outcast (the fishermen/commandos duo), that show up as bounties as opposed to being weekly epic quests that run out.

NickFire

I'm lazy to check but I think we only have 1 or 2 updates left before the new season.

I think we all know there's plenty of stuff Epic could do. Honestly, I feel the stories in STW are a bit more substantial and I don't mean because they're voice acted. The weird fetch quests and what not are tedious but the narrative glue is funny and makes sense within Fortnite's goofy logic.

BR's story feels held together by the glue and duct tape that is the player base's imagination (sorry Mustard). It's a lot of teasing and not enough showing (much less interacting).

Like okay, we have all these portals around the island denoting the realities that Jonesy has visited...and the only effect they have so far is being cosmetics in the item shop?

BTW apologies if it feels like I'm ranting at you. I just figured since you've also played STW you can see what I mean with the comparison.
Yes sir, that is exactly how BR's story feels to me too. I did not even try understanding it the first few seasons. I do find it fun though thanks to the pop culture tie ins, but without the pop culture tie ins it would be as stale as levels 101 - 150 rewards this season.

Overall, I say they have done as good a job as anyone could have patching a story together and keeping it exciting. I do wish the season themes were more meaningful at times, but it would be hard to stay true to the F2P with no advantages if they wanted to make completions as meaningful as in StW. I can only speak for myself, but part of the reason completing stuff in StW is so satisfying is two fold: The joys of grinding (for those who like that kind of thing, myself included), and thee truly awesome / different builds you can make in StW.

I've said this before, and say it again. I would love to see a new mode that sits in between the two modes. But I don't think we'll ever see it. BR is just too much of a golden goose.

Damn, I'll have to check the STW side cause I have no recollection of any gun looking like that. But yea it's not in BR so far right? Makes me wonder what's going on with Epic.

Balance will always be a bit iffy when these things are introduced, though I think they did a pretty good job with the Marvel stuff personally.

That said, this season's exotics and NPCs are very welcome and fun. Slightly more in depth interactions between the characters would have been amazing. Eg. Triggerfish tasking you with hunting down Turk or Outcast (the fishermen/commandos duo), that show up as bounties as opposed to being weekly epic quests that run out.
ckPm6Vd.jpg

Yup for sure it is the pistol in save the world. I recognize it immediately when you showed me it. It's common that they use weapons from save the world in promotional material for br. when they advertised cars coming, there was a shotgun I think that is only in save the world. hell alot of people thought the dragon shotgun was gonna be the same appearance and functionality as the chinese new years one. Still I think they look at the weapons for some form of inspiration and build a completely new weapon from scratch to make it fresh and exciting for the br fanbase. people are already going willd with speculation, because on the cover of that batman/zero comic. one of the characters is holding the viper machine pistol, a common stw weapon.

Last edited:
Yes sir, that is exactly how BR's story feels to me too. I did not even try understanding it the first few seasons. I do find it fun though thanks to the pop culture tie ins, but without the pop culture tie ins it would be as stale as levels 101 - 150 rewards this season.

Overall, I say they have done as good a job as anyone could have patching a story together and keeping it exciting. I do wish the season themes were more meaningful at times, but it would be hard to stay true to the F2P with no advantages if they wanted to make completions as meaningful as in StW. I can only speak for myself, but part of the reason completing stuff in StW is so satisfying is two fold: The joys of grinding (for those who like that kind of thing, myself included), and thee truly awesome / different builds you can make in StW.

I've said this before, and say it again. I would love to see a new mode that sits in between the two modes. But I don't think we'll ever see it. BR is just too much of a golden goose.
Hah I'm pretty sure the first two, maybe three, seasons was just Epic scrambling to meet the sudden demand for Fortnite BR. I don't think anyone, including Epic, was expecting that kind of meteoric success.

I do agree that considering how it started out, they've done quite a good job of keeping things interesting. I'm curious how much of the story that has been revealed was always in Mustard's head, and how much of it was cooked up as it went.

Oh and personally I think STW's grind is a bit much, it was definitely designed to entice players into spending vbucks on upgrade llamas. There's a decent, unique take on tower defense in STW but it's hamstrung by MTX 'engineering'.

The mode you're dreaming of sounds a bit like what I think was proposed for STW PVP: Epic envisioned having two (or more?) teams of players building massive forts, duking it out but we all know where building has led to, lol.

ckPm6Vd.jpg

Yup for sure it is the pistol in save the world. I recognize it immediately when you showed me it. It's common that they use weapons from save the world in promotional material for br. when they advertised cars coming, there was a shotgun I think that is only in save the world. hell alot of people thought the dragon shotgun was gonna be the same appearance and functionality as the chinese new years one. Still I think they look at the weapons for some form of inspiration and build a completely new weapon from scratch to make it fresh and exciting for the br fanbase. people are already going willd with speculation, because on the cover of that batman/zero comic. one of the characters is holding the viper machine pistol, a common stw weapon.
Damn, thanks a lot for the pic! There goes my hopes and dreams for a cool new gun to show up in BR :(

Oh and about "going wild with speculation", that's the glue and duct tape I was talking about with NickFire lolol. Still, it keeps them happy and excited so it's cool, I just think it'll wear out in due time if Epic doesn't actually deliver more beyond cosmetics.

Damn, thanks a lot for the pic! There goes my hopes and dreams for a cool new gun to show up in BR :(

Oh and about "going wild with speculation", that's the glue and duct tape I was talking about with NickFire lolol. Still, it keeps them happy and excited so it's cool, I just think it'll wear out in due time if Epic doesn't actually deliver more beyond cosmetics.

I think we'll start to get some cooler and unique weapons in the future. the exotics are an example of epic constantly testing the waters for players would find interesting in the loot pool. the chug cannon, while basically a bandage boozka with slurp. it's unique and something different, along with the boom sniper. though I do agree they'll have to introduce more advanced gameplay mechanics down the line if they wish to keep the br fanbase engaged or excited. so far I'm just waiting for this season to end, I like the hunter theme and some of the collaborations. the bounty system is great, as well as the gold currency mechanic. I'm just not as invested or kept engaged like season 4. I was on every day, all night and day and grinded 24/7th. even went after the legacy achievements lol.

I think we'll start to get some cooler and unique weapons in the future. the exotics are an example of epic constantly testing the waters for players would find interesting in the loot pool. the chug cannon, while basically a bandage boozka with slurp. it's unique and something different, along with the boom sniper. though I do agree they'll have to introduce more advanced gameplay mechanics down the line if they wish to keep the br fanbase engaged or excited. so far I'm just waiting for this season to end, I like the hunter theme and some of the collaborations. the bounty system is great, as well as the gold currency mechanic. I'm just not as invested or kept engaged like season 4. I was on every day, all night and day and grinded 24/7th. even went after the legacy achievements lol.
Oh I wasn't referring to advanced gameplay mechanics. I'm talking about how they keep teasing a lot of things but almost all of them amount to cosmetic changes.

Like, I think the last proper addition was Predator, because his arrival was covered in the story (audio logs, cinematics, the crashed pod etc.) and he then occupies Stealthy Stronghold and drops a Mythic item that allows players to play differently.

Let me give a hypothetical example: Xenomorph and Ripley got added, but we don't have a "bug hunt" mode, where it could be PvE or even a few human players fighting off a horde of player-controlled xenos. (Similar to that Halloween 2020 mode we had, that was really good!)

Think about how Clutch and Grind were released alongside that janky creative map where you had to skate around and collect coins.

Or when they introduced John Wick and we got an awesome bounty mode with awesome, intense music for the final minute or so.

Currently it's: "buy the awesome skin you love and play the game exactly the same way as you've done, maybe perform a fun emote or two with the new skin for memes".

And I suppose part of that is due to Covid, maybe it's also the speed at which these collabs are introduced, which are certainly easier if they're just cosmetic, cause I'm sure new modes would generally require more resources all round.

I actually do enjoy this season with the NPCs and bounties, but the collabs all feel undercooked and it bugs me.

Oh I wasn't referring to advanced gameplay mechanics. I'm talking about how they keep teasing a lot of things but almost all of them amount to cosmetic changes.

Like, I think the last proper addition was Predator, because his arrival was covered in the story (audio logs, cinematics, the crashed pod etc.) and he then occupies Stealthy Stronghold and drops a Mythic item that allows players to play differently.

Let me give a hypothetical example: Xenomorph and Ripley got added, but we don't have a "bug hunt" mode, where it could be PvE or even a few human players fighting off a horde of player-controlled xenos. (Similar to that Halloween 2020 mode we had, that was really good!)

Think about how Clutch and Grind were released alongside that janky creative map where you had to skate around and collect coins.

Or when they introduced John Wick and we got an awesome bounty mode with awesome, intense music for the final minute or so.

Currently it's: "buy the awesome skin you love and play the game exactly the same way as you've done, maybe perform a fun emote or two with the new skin for memes".

And I suppose part of that is due to Covid, maybe it's also the speed at which these collabs are introduced, which are certainly easier if they're just cosmetic, cause I'm sure new modes would generally require more resources all round.

I actually do enjoy this season with the NPCs and bounties, but the collabs all feel undercooked and it bugs me.

Ah I see what you're saying. yeah it's a shame really, a game mode centered around the xenomorph trailer would of been awesome haha. or maybe one around the tron skins, alot of potential but it could be due to covid. though they were able to release that mandos bounty mode. so maybe one or two unique modes would do. Definitely would of liked if we got a terminator mode. where one player is chosen as the T-800 and squad of players have to work together to either bring them down or live long enough. Of course the terminator player would have alot of shield and health. but slow movement to balance it out, along with that minigun and some thing similar to detect an enemy team members location. Just an idea, but you get my drift

8IW0dBq.jpg

Looks like female midas will cost some real money. btw she's called marigold and the skin turns gold upon eliminations so definitely reactive. we get dual pick axes, a back bling and challenges that grant 1500 V bucks upon completion.

Ah I see what you're saying. yeah it's a shame really, a game mode centered around the xenomorph trailer would of been awesome haha. or maybe one around the tron skins, alot of potential but it could be due to covid. though they were able to release that mandos bounty mode. so maybe one or two unique modes would do. Definitely would of liked if we got a terminator mode. where one player is chosen as the T-800 and squad of players have to work together to either bring them down or live long enough. Of course the terminator player would have alot of shield and health. but slow movement to balance it out, along with that minigun and some thing similar to detect an enemy team members location. Just an idea, but you get my drift
To be fair to them, I just remembered they had a Red vs Blue creative mode going on around Master Chief's release, so that's something.

Mando's Bounty is essentially a twist on the John Wick bounty mode. Would have been funny if the top team was hounded by John Wick at the time, complete with gun-fu lol.

Sadly, since the Arnold skinned T-800 isn't a thing, they could have made a Future War mode, where one side plays as Terminators and the other side as the Resistance. R-side has to protect a random player who's John Connor, T-side has to protect the Skynet mainframe (T3 and everything after it are non-canon :p). Sigh, I'll just blame it on covid.

8IW0dBq.jpg

Looks like female midas will cost some real money. btw she's called marigold and the skin turns gold upon eliminations so definitely reactive. we get dual pick axes, a back bling and challenges that grant 1500 V bucks upon completion.
Whoever came up with Marigold is a real big brain. After lurking around the meme-speak communities a bit too much, I'd unofficially referred to her as Femidas (still better than Womidas I guess?).

To be fair to them, I just remembered they had a Red vs Blue creative mode going on around Master Chief's release, so that's something.

Mando's Bounty is essentially a twist on the John Wick bounty mode. Would have been funny if the top team was hounded by John Wick at the time, complete with gun-fu lol.

Sadly, since the Arnold skinned T-800 isn't a thing, they could have made a Future War mode, where one side plays as Terminators and the other side as the Resistance. R-side has to protect a random player who's John Connor, T-side has to protect the Skynet mainframe (T3 and everything after it are non-canon :p). Sigh, I'll just blame it on covid.

That sounds actually cool. And something I'd play, can never go wrong with a really fun ltm and team battles haha. my favorite ltm till this day is the avengers endgame ltm. just running around with iron man's gauntlets and using captain America's shield was a blast. that or just getting the random opportunity to wield the infinity gauntlet. I also liked the love and War ltm, where everyone had to fight over or plant a bomb In the enemy teams area. but yeah I think you are right about covid, it has put alot restrictions and placed some areas of developers into situations of pumping out polished but smaller content.

Whoever came up with Marigold is a real big brain. After lurking around the meme-speak communities a bit too much, I'd unofficially referred to her as Femidas (still better than Womidas I guess?).

I think the creators name or Twitter name is kitsune something. I can't remember the rest but it was kitsune for sure, they were really excited for their concept to make it In the game finally. And I gotta admit I'm tempted to get her, but there is alot of stuff on the way. season 6 and the battle pass, the DC batman comic book promotion with the download codes for skins.

That sounds actually cool. And something I'd play, can never go wrong with a really fun ltm and team battles haha. my favorite ltm till this day is the avengers endgame ltm. just running around with iron man's gauntlets and using captain America's shield was a blast. that or just getting the random opportunity to wield the infinity gauntlet. I also liked the love and War ltm, where everyone had to fight over or plant a bomb In the enemy teams area. but yeah I think you are right about covid, it has put alot restrictions and placed some areas of developers into situations of pumping out polished but smaller content.
Yea the Endgame LTM was really something, I'd say it was slightly more fun than the Marvel Knockout we had last season. Stormbreaker was dope for attacking and Harvesting, Cap's shield was great for performing a pseudo "Charging Star", Hawkeye bow grappling around was insane and I think Ironman's gauntlets were a bit more powerful there too?

Love and War, if I recall it's basically 'inspired' by Counterstrike hahaha. I don't really mind Epic taking ideas, just wish they'd be more polished at times.

But you know what, I gotta say, props to them for the Marvel season in spite of covid. Couldn't have been easy.

I think the creators name or Twitter name is kitsune something. I can't remember the rest but it was kitsune for sure, they were really excited for their concept to make it In the game finally. And I gotta admit I'm tempted to get her, but there is alot of stuff on the way. season 6 and the battle pass, the DC batman comic book promotion with the download codes for skins.
You know what, my bad for not being clear enough in that reply. I was saying whoever decided to name the skin Marigold is damn big brained haha. Like, it's almost too perfect, at least for someone like me who enjoys the wordplay.

I didn't even realize it was a fan concept at first until you said it. Then I did a little search on Reddit:

I'm starting to entertain the idea that Epic already has these simple concepts at some point in time, they just wait for an above average fan concept to show up, then they work on it for a few months and release (it does take some time for these skins to go from concept to render etc.)

And if the fanbase bitches about "lazy genderbent reskin", Epic's already standing behind the shield known as "By the fans, for the fans" lol.

Not that I'm against these skins, as long as they're executed well. I just don't believe Epic hasn't already flirted with such ideas before the fan concepts.

P.S. Speaking of Kitsune, Vi is a fantastic skin. Hope she shows up again in a future crew offer for those that missed out.

Nice work if you can get it.

Fortnite is a third-person-style shooting and building game played online by hundreds of millions of gamers around the world.
I think if someone ever asks me what Fortnite is about, I'll say it's a game about BSing (Building and Shooting) your way to victory.

Seriously though, I'm happy to see all these young kids and teens get to compete in Fortnite. I remember trying to play some rudimentary 1v1 Doom deathmatch via modem, couldn't really get it to work and LAN wasn't an option.

And now we've got kids getting exposed to universal shooter concepts such as peeking, sightlines, flanking, positioning, tactics, teamwork and communications etc.

Fortnite (and online gaming in general) is not exactly a substitute for physical play and activity in playgrounds, but it is a good one to have in tandem and it is certainly better to have them in zone wars than console wars.

That reminds me, most of these kids are already part of the PCMR, lol!

You know what, my bad for not being clear enough in that reply. I was saying whoever decided to name the skin Marigold is damn big brained haha. Like, it's almost too perfect, at least for someone like me who enjoys the wordplay.

I didn't even realize it was a fan concept at first until you said it. Then I did a little search on Reddit:

I'm starting to entertain the idea that Epic already has these simple concepts at some point in time, they just wait for an above average fan concept to show up, then they work on it for a few months and release (it does take some time for these skins to go from concept to render etc.)

And if the fanbase bitches about "lazy genderbent reskin", Epic's already standing behind the shield known as "By the fans, for the fans" lol.

Not that I'm against these skins, as long as they're executed well. I just don't believe Epic hasn't already flirted with such ideas before the fan concepts.

P.S. Speaking of Kitsune, Vi is a fantastic skin. Hope she shows up again in a future crew offer for those that missed out.

I reckon a female midas was already in the concept stages. it's just that a fan was in the same league as conception of their idea as well. 90% of the time epic will do specific gender counter parts to battle pass skins. Siona with dio, midas with marigold, Lexa with Orin. so you're right they have simple concepts waiting, or in the back of their minds. when they see demand for a certain one they have drawn. that's when they begin to model and create it for in game use.

Top Bottom