• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite 2.5: Zero Point |OT| Mando and Baby Yoda part you from your V-Bucks

Yea the Endgame LTM was really something, I'd say it was slightly more fun than the Marvel Knockout we had last season. Stormbreaker was dope for attacking and Harvesting, Cap's shield was great for performing a pseudo "Charging Star", Hawkeye bow grappling around was insane and I think Ironman's gauntlets were a bit more powerful there too?

Love and War, if I recall it's basically 'inspired' by Counterstrike hahaha. I don't really mind Epic taking ideas, just wish they'd be more polished at times.

But you know what, I gotta say, props to them for the Marvel season in spite of covid. Couldn't have been easy.

Oh wow, had no idea it was based on another game mode lol. I just thought it was something a creative map user made and Epic just made an event around it. and yeah the whole Marvel season and battle pass still blows me away till this very day. especially with the many super hero and villains to the whole galactus event. probably my most played and memorable season for me by far. I don't really see anything topping it as of now, unless they do another or a DC collab.

I reckon a female midas was already in the concept stages. it's just that a fan was in the same league as conception of their idea as well. 90% of the time epic will do specific gender counter parts to battle pass skins. Siona with dio, midas with marigold, Lexa with Orin. so you're right they have simple concepts waiting, or in the back of their minds. when they see demand for a certain one they have drawn. that's when they begin to model and create it for in game use.
Menace with Femenace/Womenace (had to do it, haha), which I really like btw!

A pity about Orin not having a transformation style; the badass murderdoll look that Lexa has when transformed is a huge part of her appeal for me.

Menace with Femenace/Womenace (had to do it, haha), which I really like btw!

A pity about Orin not having a transformation style; the badass murderdoll look that Lexa has when transformed is a huge part of her appeal for me.

That was such a missed opportunity on epic games part. it would of looked badass on Orin I bet, the back bling and Pickaxes were definitely menacing and I was surprised he didn't come with that built in emote style his sister has. I like sica and wish I got her when she was in item shop. but sadly didn't have V bucks so I was like the kid still standing at the bus stop in the rain lol. while most were inside enjoying the warm hot cocoa and heat.

Oh wow, had no idea it was based on another game mode lol. I just thought it was something a creative map user made and Epic just made an event around it. and yeah the whole Marvel season and battle pass still blows me away till this very day. especially with the many super hero and villains to the whole galactus event. probably my most played and memorable season for me by far. I don't really see anything topping it as of now, unless they do another or a DC collab.
Wait...you've never played Counterstrike before? o_O

My surprise aside, there's sort of a similar mode in Hi-Rez's F2P game, Rogue Company. One side tries to plant and have the bomb detonate, the opposition tries to wipe the bombing team before they arm it, or defuse the bomb after it's been armed.

Glad to hear you had so much fun last season! Mine is still C1S8, there's something very appealing about Sunny Steps, the little spots of lush jungle, the pirate ship and the damn cannons that shoots me out like I'm in a Donkey Kong game, some nostalgia is involved as well. Funnily enough I didn't like the volcano very much, mainly because it was relatively boring inside.

Edit: Cannonballs don't shoot people, cannons shoot people.

Last edited:
That was such a missed opportunity on epic games part. it would of looked badass on Orin I bet, the back bling and Pickaxes were definitely menacing and I was surprised he didn't come with that built in emote style his sister has. I like sica and wish I got her when she was in item shop. but sadly didn't have V bucks so I was like the kid still standing at the bus stop in the rain lol. while most were inside enjoying the warm hot cocoa and heat.
I hope Sica comes back within another 30 days for your sake. The popular, non-collab skins usually return every 30-40 days, though Epic does love to throw us for a loop sometimes.

Wait...you've never played Counterstrike before? o_O

My surprise aside, there's sort of a similar mode in Hi-Rez's F2P game, Rogue Company. One side tries to plant and have the bomb detonate, the opposition tries to wipe the bombing team before they arm it, or defuse the bomb after it's been armed.

Glad to hear you had so much fun last season! Mine is still C1S8, there's something very appealing about Sunny Steps, the little spots of lush jungle, the pirate ship and the damn cannons that shoots me out like I'm in a Donkey Kong game, some nostalgia is involved as well. Funnily enough I didn't like the volcano very much, mainly because it was relatively boring inside.

Edit: Cannonballs don't shoot people, cannons shoot people.

Nope, didn't have a decent PC to run it at the time. plus I was busy with school and homework. Though funny enough, I did watch a video where a guy just kept saying over and over "boom! headshot! Boom headshot! Boom! Headshot!" Until he headshot himself and just was pissed lol. and man, oh man if it wasn't for chapter 2 season 4 being my number 1 top spot as my favorite and most memorable season. I'd say chapter 1 season 8 would of been it. I was just a default back in those days, but I would always land at that little desert village at the edge of the map. digging up treasure chests and getting gold scars. pirate ship was one my favorite pois along with the volcano.

I hope Sica comes back within another 30 days for your sake. The popular, non-collab skins usually return every 30-40 days, though Epic does love to throw us for a loop sometimes.

Yeah, I also wanted the ceberus glider. my lord is that glider cool when deployed in game, her whole set is great imo. hopefully she comes back along with the street fighter skins or the flash. as many collabs there was this season, those two are my favorite by far.

Nope, didn't have a decent PC to run it at the time. plus I was busy with school and homework. Though funny enough, I did watch a video where a guy just kept saying over and over "boom! headshot! Boom headshot! Boom! Headshot!" Until he headshot himself and just was pissed lol. and man, oh man if it wasn't for chapter 2 season 4 being my number 1 top spot as my favorite and most memorable season. I'd say chapter 1 season 8 would of been it. I was just a default back in those days, but I would always land at that little desert village at the edge of the map. digging up treasure chests and getting gold scars. pirate ship was one my favorite pois along with the volcano.
Hah, I didn't play it on my PC either, I mainly played it during its beta period at cybercafes. It was quite an experience as you'll get to hear people remark out loud as shit goes down. Basically cavemen's voicechat lol.

Argh, I have no idea which village at the edge of the map you're talking about. The treasure locating and digging was a lot of fun, now we have pseudo treasure digging at Sweaty Sands, not nearly as fun but it's a thing.

Yeah, I also wanted the ceberus glider. my lord is that glider cool when deployed in game, her whole set is great imo. hopefully she comes back along with the street fighter skins or the flash. as many collabs there was this season, those two are my favorite by far.
Ah yes, Cerberus with that Psycho Power, haha.

Hmm, your two fave collabs are SF and Flash...I'll make a little list of my favourite collab items for this season:
  • Fave skin - Master Chief. His angular, chunky armour really speaks to me and the helmet+visor is just beautiful. T-800 and Xenomorph are right behind.
  • Fave back bling - Xenomorph tail. It doesn't mesh well with a lot of skins and the placement can be iffy. But when it matches, it's the best damn back bling around. Objectively the GOAT (Greatest Of All Tails).
  • Fave pickaxe - Leviathan Axe. +200% to enjoyment while wielding. Goes well with basically any skin due to its fairly neutral design and colour scheme. A real joy to swing as it feels hefty yet agile. The worst thing about this axe is that it's too good ;)

NickFire

Hmm, your two fave collabs are SF and Flash...I'll make a little list of my favourite collab items for this season:
  • Fave skin - Master Chief. His angular, chunky armour really speaks to me and the helmet+visor is just beautiful. T-800 and Xenomorph are right behind.
  • Fave back bling - Xenomorph tail. It doesn't mesh well with a lot of skins and the placement can be iffy. But when it matches, it's the best damn back bling around. Objectively the GOAT (Greatest Of All Tails).
  • Fave pickaxe - Leviathan Axe. +200% to enjoyment while wielding. Goes well with basically any skin due to its fairly neutral design and colour scheme. A real joy to swing as it feels hefty yet agile. The worst thing about this axe is that it's too good ;)
I can't stop using T-800 and Xenomorph in both modes right now. I just can't help myself. Watching them dance makes me laugh inside every single time.

Hah, I didn't play it on my PC either, I mainly played it during its beta period at cybercafes. It was quite an experience as you'll get to hear people remark out loud as shit goes down. Basically cavemen's voicechat lol.

Argh, I have no idea which village at the edge of the map you're talking about. The treasure locating and digging was a lot of fun, now we have pseudo treasure digging at Sweaty Sands, not nearly as fun but it's a thing.
HLC03k4.png

Don't know it's name. but it had alot of small buildings or houses you could go in with loot chests both down and up. It reminds me one of those old western towns you'd see in the good the bad and the ugly. and yeah I used to mainly hot drop or land at Sweaty Sands for that reason lol. Ended up liking camp cod more for reason.

Leviathan axe is too good. swinging animation is such a satisfying noise to listen to lol. plus it's great to do mixed combos with certain skins and such. the xenomorph overall is the best of that whole set imo. so I definitely agree with you about that tail back bling.

I can't stop using T-800 and Xenomorph in both modes right now. I just can't help myself. Watching them dance makes me laugh inside every single time.
Oh yea, if we're talking meme potential then those two outclass Master Chief entirely.

The juxtaposition of two stone cold killers performing goofy emotes will always tickle at the very least.

I gotta ask though, which emotes are your favourites for those two skins? :D

HLC03k4.png

Don't know it's name. but it had alot of small buildings or houses you could go in with loot chests both down and up. It reminds me one of those old western towns you'd see in the good the bad and the ugly. and yeah I used to mainly hot drop or land at Sweaty Sands for that reason lol. Ended up liking camp cod more for reason.
Oh that place! I think my friends and I used to refer to it as Mexico (or little Mexico, I don't fully remember) lol.

It was a nameless landmark at the time but it was a very attractive spot because you were guaranteed enough loot for at least one squad.

Camp Cod is pretty cool cause it's a cold drop and there's a crap ton of fishing spots every time. That said, it's almost guaranteed to be out of the first circle, so that period when Rift Fishes were disabled made it a lot less appealing.
Leviathan axe is too good. swinging animation is such a satisfying noise to listen to lol. plus it's great to do mixed combos with certain skins and such. the xenomorph overall is the best of that whole set imo. so I definitely agree with you about that tail back bling.
Yep! The sound is pronounced without being obnoxious (SHING SHING SHING!) and the size and length make it a looker without obscuring the view too.

To be fair, it is the only tail back bling so far haha. It counts as a cape apparently, cause it doesn't work on Mando.

When working in film I always wanted to paint a xenomorph.
Sadly those characters never landed at the companies I was working for so I was thrilled to get the opportunity to paint this fella for the game!
I had particular fun developing the material and textures for his head, giving the illusion that there is a skull underneath that smooth curved dome.
Hope you guys enjoy!
This was the one detail that I looked out for before buying the skin. Mad props to Holt for going the extra mile.

Some fun stuff: while checking the FN twitter account to see if any new audio logs were posted, I noticed that this is one of the most-liked tweets on their account so far

And this is the second most-liked of the recent bunch

NickFire

Oh yea, if we're talking meme potential then those two outclass Master Chief entirely.

The juxtaposition of two stone cold killers performing goofy emotes will always tickle at the very least.

I gotta ask though, which emotes are your favourites for those two skins? :D
Gangnam Style and the dance with the song Never Gonna Give You Up.

splattered

I was super excited for Mando and Grogu when it was revealed but at this point i'm ~30 levels away from 100 and almost don't care if i get Grogu haha ... shoot. I have been playing other games instead and busy w work recently.

ManaByte

I was super excited for Mando and Grogu when it was revealed but at this point i'm ~30 levels away from 100 and almost don't care if i get Grogu haha ... shoot. I have been playing other games instead and busy w work recently.

You can always pay for the levels.

I'm guessing you still have a huge stack of unfinished Epic Quests and probably a lot of uncollected XP coins?

Aren't Epic Quests only weekly? As in they change each week.
Those are Legendary Quests (outlined in gold) , they do grant the highest amount of XP (55K) for the first tier of completion though.

Epic Quests (outlined in purple) stay until the season is over.

Edit: Added colour descriptions.

Last edited:
I have an irrational urge to get this emote and spam it all over. Would be doubly awesome if the chair could somehow be raised and unbalanced.

59i8hLS.jpg
niWfSk1.jpg
chsYMGk.jpg

2wIfPw1.jpg

Here is the covers for the upcoming batman/fortnite: zero point comic in the coming months. Not gonna lie im hoping that Catwoman is a skin because 👌 that looks fire imo. it'll be interesting what the theme is for season 6. seeing as it's supposed to conclude agent jonesy's mission.

They already did Catwoman, but they’ll probably bring it back.

I'm specifically talking about this one. Seeing as the new harley quinn outfit is not a new edit style or variant but a brand new skin Called "DC rebirth" so assuming this is the same since its the DC rebirth version of catwoman.

tKQFq4q.jpg

ManaByte

I'm specifically talking about this one. Seeing as the new harley quinn outfit is not a new edit style or variant but a brand new skin Called "DC rebirth" so assuming this is the same since its the DC rebirth version of catwoman.

tKQFq4q.jpg
Nah thats not the Rebirth Catwoman. The existing skin is the Rebirth suit.
6edab0592f40b315e9c27e286f69241a.jpg

Nah thats not the Rebirth Catwoman. The existing skin is the Rebirth suit.
6edab0592f40b315e9c27e286f69241a.jpg

Don't think it'll be that. because on the covers so far, it's the one I provided a picture for. you can Clearly see the exposed under arms so far. regardless it's on the cover along with the new batman and harley quinn. so definitely possibly a new skin for that character.

ManaByte

Don't think it'll be that. because on the covers so far, it's the one I provided a picture for. you can Clearly see the exposed under arms so far. regardless it's on the cover along with the new batman and harley quinn. so definitely possibly a new skin for that character.
I mean the existing skin is Rebirth and they’ll probably put it back up in the store like they just brought back all the Marvel skins.
OIP.x3t8Gl578gsZ689nCFirnAHaEK

I mean the existing skin is Rebirth and they’ll probably put it back up in the store like they just brought back all the Marvel skins.
OIP.x3t8Gl578gsZ689nCFirnAHaEK

Possibly, but I'm talking about the one on the cover. that one is simply called the comic book outfit, so maybe the new one is or just will be simply called just catwoman. plus it's different style of suit, one cover she has red goggles and the other none. plus the little bit of hair she has in other edit style of the comic book outfit isn't present in the new look. idk maybe the new one will have two edit styles like the original.

bitbydeath

ZERO CRISIS FINALE
Chapter 2 Season 6 launches on March 16 with the explosive conclusion of the events of Season 5. When you first launch into the new Season, you’ll play through the conclusion of Agent Jones’ mission in the Zero Crisis Finale. The aftermath of this event is sure to shape Reality as we know it.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It sounds like its just a short single player narrative that explains how we get from current season to next season. I think this just replaces a live event to commensurate the transfer. It sounds more fun to me than the live event.

Fortnite and "narrative" should never be a thing.

It makes Overwatch look like Alexander Dumas's The Count of Monte Cristo.

NickFire

Fortnite and "narrative" should never be a thing.

It makes Overwatch look like Alexander Dumas's The Count of Monte Cristo.
In all honesty it took me several seasons before I realized they intended some sort of cohesive narrative. I'm still not sure they have pulled it off, and suspect they are making it up as they go and pop culture opportunities come into the picture. But all together I don't want them to change any plans. I have been very satisfied with this game. I have all the skins I really want, love BR, and pay for everything from StW rewards. My original StW purchase just keeps giving back.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
In all honesty it took me several seasons before I realized they intended some sort of cohesive narrative. I'm still not sure they have pulled it off, and suspect they are making it up as they go and pop culture opportunities come into the picture. But all together I don't want them to change any plans. I have been very satisfied with this game. I have all the skins I really want, love BR, and pay for everything from StW rewards. My original StW purchase just keeps giving back.

It's my favorite game of all time, but it's "story" is more laughable than this...

NickFire

Anyone splurging (or just splurged) on all the Marvel skins in the shop? I've got most of the ones I really like, but am on the fence about Venom. I really want him, but if I get him I will be down to about a thousand vbucks which the battle pass will eat up. This comic tie in is giving me strong DC vibes for next season, and I spend all my vbucks right before a batman skin drops I'll be very annoyed.

Anyone splurging (or just splurged) on all the Marvel skins in the shop? I've got most of the ones I really like, but am on the fence about Venom. I really want him, but if I get him I will be down to about a thousand vbucks which the battle pass will eat up. This comic tie in is giving me strong DC vibes for next season, and I spend all my vbucks right before a batman skin drops I'll be very annoyed.

I don't think this season is gonna be DC themed. leakers sound too confident it won't be, and while I can't confirm anything. just doesn't seem to be any evidence other than the comic crossover with DC.

NickFire

I don't think this season is gonna be DC themed. leakers sound too confident it won't be, and while I can't confirm anything. just doesn't seem to be any evidence other than the comic crossover with DC.
I'm not up to speed on any leakers. Is there a pop culture theme they're expecting? Or a more traditional Fortnite orientated theme?

Top Bottom