• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Tesseract

Banned
I want the RNG back and the normal shields. Not for my benefit but for my mental health of dealing with absolute garbage players. After I max the season pass and get the event items I'm out. Game isn't fun anymore, I get punished for playing with fucking morons.
shields are back to s05 values, evo start remains

what's the concern?

I swear I have seen more mouth breather team mates in gold 2 than in any of the lower ranks. Who are they? How did they get there? What makes them act the way they do?

We land at Skyhook, I ping the exact building I'm landing on as soon as we exit the ship (2 storey, small loot cache on the roof, within spitting distance of countless other buildings) and both of the berks in my team land in the exact same one. Firefight ensues soon after and everyone gets dropped because no-one has any sort of loot worth speaking of.

And it's not an isolated incident either. 7 or 8 games in a row of similar buffoonery.

Jump out of the plane, again aiming for Skyhook, the large building nearest the jump tower down the zips from Bloodhound arena. The tard duo break off and land in Bloodhound mountain, do the challenges, grab their loot and in a wholly unpredictable turn of events, get absolutely rinsed on their way out the door by a team that stalked them. Then it's ping ping ping, come get us, nice one team mate, as if it's my fault they're borderline retarded.

Rant over.

I'm trying, so hard but I'm all randos, all the time. I do notice a difference on different days and times though. Saturday and Sunday afternoon seem to be the least stressful times to play. Friday and Saturday night on the other hand have me believing mad conspiracies that Respawn are hand selecting the two biggest bin-lids on the server to team me up with while throwing 57 sleeper accounts in for funsies 😅

Tesseract

Banned
randos are a nightmare, i do my best to shotcall every game but there's only so much you can do with pings, voice commands, text

we gotta form a gaf murder squad at some point in the fall w / cross plat support

Tesseract

Banned
gotta burn through plat this weekend, pathfinder randoms

// kill me now

DoJGq.gif

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Aight, changing the evo shields back to the old damage format fixed the game for me. I still have to try hard though, literally carried some Lifeline in a duo on Trios to victory and was screaming in the mix every time they opened the door when I had a place locked down as Caustic. Had to stomp two teams.

Alx

Is there some rule I'm not aware of with crafting ? Most of the time yesterday when I tried to build some stuff, I had access to the console menus and enough material for the stuff I selected, but the build wouldn't start. It didn't seem like any other player was building stuff on that side of the console either.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Is there some rule I'm not aware of with crafting ? Most of the time yesterday when I tried to build some stuff, I had access to the console menus and enough material for the stuff I selected, but the build wouldn't start. It didn't seem like any other player was building stuff on that side of the console either.
sounds like lag, no issues here

Alx

I found out what was wrong : the game prompts me to push A to start building, but I actually have to press X for it to work.

DonF

Three games in a row being the first squad killed. Fuck some random are pure trash.
Also had a game where the jumpmaster killed us all with the laser that's in the middle of the map.
This game is super frustrating solo.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I just play whoever I want this season, not being a purist and sticking to mostly Wattson and Caustic. Most characters are in a good place, I even played Wraith earlier and got a triple double in duos with relative ease.

Last edited:

PSYGN

Three games in a row being the first squad killed. Fuck some random are pure trash.
Also had a game where the jumpmaster killed us all with the laser that's in the middle of the map.
This game is super frustrating solo.

I didn't know you could still die from that.

LENCH187

gold is hell, do whatever it takes to get out

never a truer word spoken..Gold in Apex is indeed the absolute worst place you can be.

I solo to Plat, and Gold nearly makes me quit every time. I always... ALWAYS get Gold 4s on my team with absolutely zero interest in improving or climbing it seems. Im Gold 1 trying to actively improve and climb? no probs, here are some more bottom of the barrel Gold 4 teammates!

I stop playing ranked really when I hit plat, I think from there you really need to start teaming up with people. Think Im Plat 3 now but because I solo Im at a huge disadvantage to most every game

Because I'm a Norman no mates. When it comes to Apex on PC, anyway.

I do casual matches on PS4 with a couple of irl buddies occasionally but they're never too bothered about ranked.

I gave up on trying to play with my regular buddies so I made a proper effort to build up a good roster of team mates using FB groups. At this point, there’s about 20 of us mixing up teams so randoms are a rare sight. Might be worth giving that a shot.

Mista

Banned
Bloodhound is insane this season. The current meta is garbage but I definitely love me some Volt! Such a great weapon. Also nerf incoming 100%

Tesseract

Banned
rank reset in 5 days, about 8.5k through diamonds (enough to comfortably split)

still doing randoms, lots of friends made along the way

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I'm on Gold II right now, just wanting to get to Plat IV before the reset. Gonna go hard tomorrow. Could have won like 5 games in Ranked but either one dude rushed too soon or came in too late.

Mista

Banned
Season 6 is so boring. My friends quit the game, some of the people I watch on YouTube also quit and shifted to Warzone. I hope they really doing something special for season 7. Otherwise there’s no explanation for this filler season.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Season 6 is so boring. My friends quit the game, some of the people I watch on YouTube also quit and shifted to Warzone. I hope they really doing something special for season 7. Otherwise there’s no explanation for this filler season.
They'll say COVID cucked them again. Can't use the same excuse twice. Personally I think S5 was by far the worst season, the season pass besides the legendary outfits were garbage. Unused VDay quips, really? No new weapon, Skull Town getting nuked was good but the changed made to the map aside from that were bad. Loba was hype at first but kinda useless as a character.

Rampart is a trash diversity character though and her abilities are shit.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
They'll say COVID cucked them again. Can't use the same excuse twice. Personally I think S5 was by far the worst season, the season pass besides the legendary outfits were garbage. Unused VDay quips, really? No new weapon, Skull Town getting nuked was good but the changed made to the map aside from that were bad. Loba was hype at first but kinda useless as a character.

Rampart is a trash diversity character though and her abilities are shit.
Season 6 is boring. Recycled LTM’s, fucking garbage pussy meta ans Rampart lines and phrases pisses me off

Don’t even make me start talking about the accent. While they 100% nailed, I still fucking hate it.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
i'm having a good time but i've been playing more fortnite recently

apex is still the only respectable fps in town, everything else is too limiting

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Season 6 is boring. Recycled LTM’s, fucking garbage pussy meta ans Rampart lines and phrases pisses me off

Don’t even make me start talking about the accent. While they 100% nailed, I still fucking hate it.
We were meant to get an Event two weeks ago but they fucked up current ETA is October 13th. S7 can still redeem the game, S6 we were meant to get a new map and this season shows it especially considering the quest is filler.

She's just an annoying Mirage, he was at least mildly amusing, Rampart is really obnoxious she's like Shuri from Black Panther but feels VERY forced. The next set of characters are gonna be women with Blisk in the mix, this game is turning into League of Legends. lol.

I thought this season was awful with the armor changes but they changed it back so I'm personally happy with the state of the game right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom