• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite 2.5: Zero Point |OT| Mando and Baby Yoda part you from your V-Bucks

ManaByte

They should add the Van Damme suit as a challenge unlock style:
Predator-Jean-Claude-Van-Damme.jpg

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
NPCs don't spawn in team rumble, at all.

They do since last week. And apparently Predator also spawns there.

Edit: Apparently he is the only NPC not being in Team Rumble. Unless theres a chance he isnt there at all?

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Predators invisibility kinda sucks. Really only seems useful as a reposition tool in solos. Everyone who tried attacking me with it today got wrecked and I'm a bot.

They should probably have him drop 2 or 4 invisibility devices or give an area of effective invisibility so you can relocate your team.

Last edited:
Lololol, the shade that Reaper throws at Brutus:
Ff5xYsf.jpg

Personally I'm Team Brutus, cause Reaper's just discount John Wick.
And Brutus has cool shades.

Also, in this week's episode of Farmer Furore:
aK9bc3A.jpg

So now he wants me to make amends after all that earlier sabotage.
NXHXvNh.jpg

Hell hath no fury like a hippie scorned. We both know Farmer Steel's heavy metal prosthetic legs were shaking in fear at the prospect of getting his corn popped again.

P.S. Epic it's about time you brought Sunflower (and Farmer Steel) back into the Item Shop, you damned FOMO merchants.

The_Mike

Finally got the Predator skin today and went level 100 to receive the child.

Only complaint is that the child should have leaned more to the left instead of the right, but still so glad I've unlocked it!

The_Mike

Been playing between my pc and my ps4.

I wish we could switch cross play off. God damn the aim assist on a controller is powerful af.

I can aim far out in the distance, and the Crosshair just follows. I can take shots that I can have a hard time doing with m and kb.

Saw this courtesy of Reddit.

Snake Eyes going full circle from toy to Fortnite skin to toy; the skin is based on the G.I. Joe Classified toy.

ManaByte

Saw this courtesy of Reddit.

Snake Eyes going full circle from toy to Fortnite skin to toy; the skin is based on the G.I. Joe Classified toy.

"This pre-order item will be available to ship on approx 2022-01-15"

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
So Epic is on full production of their post Fortnite game right?

The amount of content Fortnite gets today feels like 1/4th of what it got in 2018.

So Epic is on full production of their post Fortnite game right?

The amount of content Fortnite gets today feels like 1/4th of what it got in 2018.
Maybe they're still revving up after the two weeks break? I don't mind the slower pace if it means their staff don't have to work at breakneck speed.

2018 till October 2019 was a unique period for Fortnite. Stuff would get added every week or fortnight, it'd break something, Epic would release a hotfix within a few days, sometimes within the day itself.

Even if their dev team were robots I think the player base was barely keeping up. Epic made it difficult if you were interested in playing other games alongside Fortnite; that breakneck pace was all about dominating mindshare and crushing the opposition (PUBG).

FOMO with regards to the game itself was a thing too. When Kevin (the purple cube) was roaming around the island, if you didn't play for a few days you didn't get to witness the path he took. Bouncy Loot Lake was a thing for a few days only IIRC. So were the low-grav spheres.

It was certainly a fun and memorable period with friends, but I'm not sure I'd want the game to monopolise my time like that nowadays.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
But popular not means quality
This is very true, but I find it hilarious that the game's mere existence brings you to tears. So much so that you can't help but pop into a Fortnite thread to cry about it. You dislike Fortnite, that's fine, but how much of a mental midget do you have to be that you can't simply just ignore that the thread exists. I'm not even a huge Fortnite fan. I think it's fun with friends, but unless I'm playing with people I don't really play anymore.

You do this with EVERYTHING you dislike though, all while putting yourself on a pedestal. It's pathetic, grow up.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
This is very true, but I find it hilarious that the game's mere existence brings you to tears. So much so that you can't help but pop into a Fortnite thread to cry about it. You dislike Fortnite, that's fine, but how much of a mental midget do you have to be that you can't simply just ignore that the thread exists. I'm not even a huge Fortnite fan. I think it's fun with friends, but unless I'm playing with people I don't really play anymore.

You do this with EVERYTHING you dislike though, all while putting yourself on a pedestal. It's pathetic, grow up.
I am not saying that people do not play it, but there are more titles with such quality, that if it is sad that many miss out on masterpieces due to a poor quality game that impacted the public for being free ... It is more for me, even me bores. People should give other games a chance and not get stuck at just 1 game.

The_Mike

So epic ruined Team Rumble with One Shot mode.

Team rumble is the only reason I play as I hate battle royale. Sucks to be sucked in for three months only to leave the game again.

So epic ruined Team Rumble with One Shot mode.

Team rumble is the only reason I play as I hate battle royale. Sucks to be sucked in for three months only to leave the game again.
I'd assume it's just an LTM for a few days, max up to a week. Team Rumble is the only LTM that became a mainstay mode because it was popular for casual play. Every other mode has stayed true to being "limited time".

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
With people. Like you that like shit... Of course Fortnite is popular... But popular not means quality

No, popular basically does mean quality.

If you identified the most popular/successful console games each year, over the last 30 years... you'd see a list of 30 games that the industry revere's.

Fortnite is no exception. People are just getting old.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
There is no need to be upset that Epic didn't tweet about your skin returning to the shop.
PQJ00Vo.png

On a serious note, have you tried all the Mythic weapons in the game yet? The ones that you need to buy from the NPCs with gold bars.

Yeah, I tried them all. I get the rocket every match.

But they're nothing like the BRUTES, the Mythic Sword, Planes etc... Remember the Boom Boxes?!

Epic used to really play with the meta a lot more. I prefer more big risks by them.

Still play this game a few times per week which is insane considering the hours I've spent on it.

Last edited:
Predators invisibility kinda sucks. Really only seems useful as a reposition tool in solos. Everyone who tried attacking me with it today got wrecked and I'm a bot.

They should probably have him drop 2 or 4 invisibility devices or give an area of effective invisibility so you can relocate your team.
You ain't fresh enuff.

Yeah, I tried them all. I get the rocket every match.

But they're nothing like the BRUTES, the Mythic Sword, Planes etc... Remember the Boom Boxes?!

Epic used to really play with the meta a lot more. I prefer more big risks by them.

Still play this game a few times per week which is insane considering the hours I've spent on it.
I sort of see your point: if they threw caution to the wind, they could have added at least one gadget and/or weapon per collaboration.

Are you getting the RPG from Ruckus? There are some other more unique mythics like The Dub (from Dummy) and the Boom Sniper (from Splode) that open up different and cheesy ways to eke out wins.

Based on the stuff you mentioned it sounds like you want a Fortnite without building lolol.

Top Bottom