• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Enclave" from Starbreeze Studios Announced for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One (Autumn 2021)

Hardly a new game and there isn't a lot of info but from PSU:
Enclave is scheduled for release on PS4, Switch, and Xbox One in fall 2021. It’s worth noting this isn’t the first time that Enclaved has been enhanced either; the action-RPG was previously remastered in HD for PC and Nintendo Wii in 2021 2010.
Never played it but apparently it's sold 25 over million copies.

TopWare Interactive are publishing it.

Don't know much about the game but I'd imagine that some on here have played it. Here's a video. 🤷‍♂️

EDITED. The Wii version was obviously not released in 2021, it seems to have been 2010.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Never seen this game in my life.

Kinda wild to get a remaster like that. Is this THE Starbreeze?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
apparently it's sold 25 over million copies.
I would venture to guess that at least 3/4 of those copies were sold as part of indie bundles on PC. This game's Steam release is constantly getting bundled.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Hardly a new game and there isn't a lot of info but from PSU:

Never played it but apparently it's sold 25 over million copies.

TopWare Interactive are publishing it.

Don't know much about the game but I'd imagine that some on here have played it. Here's a video. 🤷‍♂️

"Enclave is scheduled for release on PS4, Switch, and Xbox One in fall 2021. It’s worth noting this isn’t the first time that Enclaved has been enhanced either; the action-RPG was previously remastered in HD for PC and Nintendo Wii in 2021."

It looks like the Wii version is PAL only and came out in 2012 not 2021

"Enclave is scheduled for release on PS4, Switch, and Xbox One in fall 2021. It’s worth noting this isn’t the first time that Enclaved has been enhanced either; the action-RPG was previously remastered in HD for PC and Nintendo Wii in 2021."

Yeah, 2021 is clearly a mistake on their side. I've serched but I'm seeing a 2010 date for the Wii version?

I_D

The original game is average, at best, but it's still nice to see some older games hopefully getting fresh audiences.

Here are some random images from my last playthrough:
enclave82ykku.png

enclave9jkjgk.png

enclave17k7k6t.png

enclave20ygjqj.png

enclave24qzkzy.png

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I feel like I’m back at EB Games in the early 2000’s. I saw this game on the shelf all the time. It’s a hard pass for me, but that’s cool if people enjoy it. It’s like trying to sell me Drakan in 2021.

Lucky8BB

Banned
Reviewers hated Enclave, but personally I was really impressed and even after two decades I still like to replay it from time to time.

+Fantasy atmosphere in Enclave is really something special (it always reminded me TLOTR).
+Beautiful music
+Spectacular graphics (back then shaders was something new, and levels in this game was extremely detailed and big)
+Amazing level design (each level is different but still beautiful on it's own way)
+Very basic character customization that worked very well in this game (I was motIvated to collect bags of gold just to buy better weapons and armor)

-combat could be a little bit better (more predictable)
-xbox version has no checkpoints, so you have to replay certain levels few times before completing it

I hope they will remaster this game, because on modern PCs there are some issues (I have to lower mouse DPI swttinga and use dgvoodoo).

Lucky8BB

Banned
I played Enclave back when it originally released on PC. I remember being impressed by its water shaders. It was one of the first games using pixel shaders in my Geforce 3.
The same. Enclave was Geforce 3 showcase and big step up from similar games like "Rune".
-water with pixel shaders was really impressive back then
-very sharp textures (some even with bumo mapping effects),
-big open levels with amazing attention to details
-detailed character models

Reactions: Isa
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member

the Wii version is hardly enhanced.

I should get royalties from Starbreeze. I was championing this from day one on Ye Olde GAF. Hope they keep the hard as nails difficulty level. Ie you're dead...you're dead. First level, getting back to complete the level as cannon balls rain down. 😅😅😅😄😲

Last edited:

Isa

Seriously thanks for this news man! One of my favorite games of all time, just struck all the right cords with me. I too still have my original copy. I've replayed the game countless times, its just that good. Really fun to play, I love the dual campaigns inspired by their rpg sessions iirc. The atmosphere and music is great, plenty of character options for different play styles in a fantasy D&D vein. I obviously preferred the eye candy lol. But even the little goblin was fun. It was so great to explore the levels for all the gold.

Seeing that there was a sequel in development that would have included co-op and looked even grander but was cancelled still hurts. This'll be day 1 for me. If I recall the publisher went down with the rights and sold 'em off and it would have been hell to get back? Anybody remember and love their next game The Chronicles of Riddick Escape From Butcher Bay? There was an easter egg when running past a certain room where the goblin would do his funny little giggle. I'll never forget the main menu in Riddick too, like Starbreeze were wizards man.

Mossybrew

I don't remember this game being very good back in the day. I was a huge fan of Starbreeze at the time, but this game was just disappointing all around (to me)

Yeah I remember looking forward to it and ending up quite disappointed. I think I sold my copy shortly thereafter, was pretty bad IMO.

Xenon

Ill buy this in hopes it will lead to Gothic 1 & 2 ports.

Edit: Actually this game is one of my favorite XBox games. It comes off a little bare bones but the game plays really well and has almost an arcade-ish vibe. Also after beating it you have the option to play it again but the world was twisted or inverted or something.

8l0zfKu.png

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
After the impressive launch lineup, the first year of the OG XBox was rough. Enclave is okay. Bring back Bloodwake you cowards!

Castef

Banned
But even the little goblin was fun. It was so great to explore the levels for all the gold.
This.
The level design was very well done and finding some of the gold bags was very challenging.

(also because a fall almost certainly meant death and those little bastards were often placed on top of very high things...)

Kimahri

Banned
Damn, what a blast from the past. I remember this being one of my most anticipated games on xbox. Played it a lot. The PC version was better thoufh, with check points and everything.

I wonder what improvements if any this version will have.

Oh i remember playing this, i got with for free with a PC magazine many years ago. I completely forgot about it, it was an all around average video game with very impressive graphics for the time.

Can't imagine why this is getting a remaster out of the blue.

whyman

Oh i remember playing this, i got with for free with a PC magazine many years ago. I completely forgot about it, it was an all around average video game with very impressive graphics for the time.

Can't imagine why this is getting a remaster out of the blue.
Starbreeze needs cash to keep operations going while making the next payday game I think.

shoplifter

fuuuuuuuu

I've wanted this for a long time, Enclave was one of my favorite Xbox games. I remember it got panned for the difficulty at the time, but IMO that was a feature not a bug. The sudden deaths didn't bother me as a King's Field aficionado.

Last edited:
Top Bottom