• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 PC Performance Thread

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I might try an AMD CPU next upgrade. Haven't been AMD since Athlon XP. Never had a GPU from them either. Last red team GPU I had was ATi :messenger_grinning:
Current CPU I have is a 12600K but I'm seeing only one or two cores being used in the game. Haven't checked often though only once or twice.
Amd cpus perform even worse in this game.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I cleaned installed the newest Radeon drivers and haven't had a crash INGAME since. The funny thing is the game won't close itself after clicking exit. lol I have to click stop on the steam app.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The DLSS frame gen mod that was released really helps though. Sucks it only works on 4000 series though.

Here's my post in that thread......

Impressive results. Not the best screenshots. Just doing print screens to quickly grab the frame rates.

Outside town, mod off.....

Outside town, mod on.....

Inside town, mod off.....

Inside town, mod on.....

doing frame gen with 50fps is a nightmare.
It looks smoother but it feels so much worse to control. 50 is baaaarely on the verge of usability of dlss3. 60+ is what I would consider minimum.
I played a bit with dlss3 at friends house and it was rough if he didn't had high fps to begin with. But doing 80 to 140 or something like that felt great.
Here, I tried fsr3 in few games and it's terrible.

Topher

Gold Member
doing frame gen with 50fps is a nightmare.
It looks smoother but it feels so much worse to control. 50 is baaaarely on the verge of usability of dlss3. 60+ is what I would consider minimum.
I played a bit with dlss3 at friends house and it was rough if he didn't had high fps to begin with. But doing 80 to 140 or something like that felt great.
Here, I tried fsr3 in few games and it's terrible.

Only 50 in the cities and still much better than the 30s I was getting. I haven't noticed any control issues. I think there may still be some pacing issues at times though as it can fill a bit jittery at times.

Going to try that registry mod Draugoth Draugoth posted. Hopefully that smooths out the remaining problems until Capcom gets out an official patch.

Played the first couple hours on launch night without much issue aside from the semi random performance dips. Played last night and the game froze on me 3 times in a 45 minute span. I'm going to give it another shot this afternoon, hopefully it was a fluke. Unfortunate since both Village and RE4 Remake ran like a charm without any issues day one.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Only 50 in the cities and still much better than the 30s I was getting. I haven't noticed any control issues. I think there may still be some pacing issues at times though as it can fill a bit jittery at times.

Going to try that registry mod Draugoth Draugoth posted. Hopefully that smooths out the remaining problems until Capcom gets out an official patch.
no way just some registry mod helps this much as above posts without actually breaking someting right ?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Anyone try this?

yeah, didnt do much. still getting random drops to 30 fps and sometimes even lower in the capital. i go from 50 to 30 and back every other second. it feels worse than shader compilation stutters. But then again, i have an intel cpu so it can already overclock itself to 5.0 ghz when needed. the registry is for AMD CPUs.

this isnt a cpu bottleneck. there is something seriously wrong here.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
yeah, didnt do much. still getting random drops to 30 fps and sometimes even lower in the capital. i go from 50 to 30 and back every other second. it feels worse than shader compilation stutters. But then again, i have an intel cpu so it can already overclock itself to 5.0 ghz when needed. the registry is for AMD CPUs.

this isnt a cpu bottleneck. there is something seriously wrong here.
Definitely not a bottleneck. It’s just an incompetent use of the resources.

Yeah it's certainly not a great performing game. I turned shadows from high to max and it basically knocked 30fps off which was unreal.

There are apparently a few ways to improve FPS that I saw on nexus mods but haven't tried them. I did download a reshade though and it seems to have improved the washed out look a bit.

UnrealEck

Sounds heavenly. I’m using 12th gen Intel and the framerate drops to 25 in some areas of the main city.
I have a 12600K and I get into the mid 30's (though not common). This is the first i5 I've ever bought but I think it'll be the last. Not sure why I budgeted the CPU as I tend to spend a crapload on stuff (GPU, monitor, headphones). I guess I thought I wouldn't need the extra cores of the i7 and i9 in games. I suppose DD2 is an outlier though.

DavidGzz

"To all Dragon's Dogma 2 players!

We're planning to release patches including the following updates and fixes in the near future, and will release them as soon as they are ready for distribution on each platform.

Thank you for your patience and support!"

IYLQcRy.png

Kacho

"To all Dragon's Dogma 2 players!

We're planning to release patches including the following updates and fixes in the near future, and will release them as soon as they are ready for distribution on each platform.

Thank you for your patience and support!"

IYLQcRy.png
Nice

Buggy Loop

Look at that poor 5600x

I thought it was core issue but 7600x is absolutely fine :unsure:

3D cache >> Clocks >>>>>> Core count (for above 6 anyway)

7950x same performance as 5800x3D (hugs cpu, what a good boy)

7600x is much faster than the 5600x.

Would have been mighty interesting to see 5600x3D in there

And intel having an advantage here in general, just not to the point of dethroning the king with 3D cache, but it wouldn't surprise me that the game screws up like Cyberpunk 2077 did with Ryzen, overall AMD CPUs are kneecapped.

I mean the game is a mess, so everything is kneecapped relatively.

Last edited:
I've got a 13600K/4090 build so my performance is "ok" compared to many others, but still, it tanks down to 30's in the city, and for some reason the caves are heavily GPU limited and my 4090 has trouble getting 60 FPS. The lanterns tank about 15FPS when they're on so I'm guessing the amount of dynamic light sources are to blame, and they're not properly culling stuff. So it's not just the CPU that's an issue.

Pity the frame gen mod keeps freezing the game for me randomly so I can't keep it on. The image quality is poor with DLSS, with bunch of ghosting and flickering problems with the character and grass. Maybe some of it is due to the RTGI, idk.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

I've got a 13600K/4090 build so my performance is "ok" compared to many others, but still, it tanks down to 30's in the city, and for some reason the caves are heavily GPU limited and my 4090 has trouble getting 60 FPS. The lanterns tank about 15FPS when they're on so I'm guessing the amount of dynamic light sources are to blame, and they're not properly culling stuff. So it's not just the CPU that's an issue.

Pity the frame gen mod keeps freezing the game for me randomly so I can't keep it on. The image quality is poor with DLSS, with bunch of ghosting and flickering problems with the character and grass. Maybe some of it is due to the RTGI, idk.

All of Capcom's exploration into RT has been so-so. From shadows to reflections... RTGI in an open world game, yea I'm expecting they don't cull properly at all. I was in caves north of the capital and it ran like capital + lantern fps hit, in a freaking cave.

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

clarky

Gold Member
Refunded after 5 hours through Steam. No way am I paying full price for early access.

Seems like theres a great game in there but the performance is beyond unacceptable.

Back to Last Epoch for me, ill rebuy on sale for half the price in a few months if they fix it.

Last edited:

JRW

Terrible optimization and Denuvo make one killer combo.

I still remember playing through RE8 with all the stutter issues and then Capcom removed Denuvo well after I was done with the game (which fixed performance).

It's pretty messed up they'd do it again with dogma 2 knowing what it does to performance, just not sure how much of it is optimization issues or denuvo this time around (probably both).

Top Bottom