• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty |OT| RAM Recovery Rate 100%

Nankatsu

Gold Member
the polices are still not very smart it seems.
Had a whole gang attacking me in the middle of the street and the police just walk by and do nothing, quite immersion breaking.
Me on the contrary, was clearing a crime activity, and when I finished the police arrived and started shooting at me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My PS5 trial is about to end and I'm on the fence of buying the game or not.

Really wanted the physical edition of the game, but it's still nowhere to be found.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
OmBPfiH.png

If this mf reminds you of Kevin Spacey you gonked out and need your Kiroshi's checked, choom.

Last edited:

GymWolf

the polices are still not very smart it seems.
Had a whole gang attacking me in the middle of the street and the police just walk by and do nothing, quite immersion breaking.
The opposite for me, if i have police and a gang close to me i always try to let them fight, just hit a baddie and take cover behind a cop, they take a while to enter the action but they usually help you.

More annoying is when they decide you are also an enemy if you help them killing the mofos.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
This new version of Cyberpunk is giving away Tier 5 (legendary) gear left and right like it's candy. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

ShakenG

This new version of Cyberpunk is giving away Tier 5 (legendary) gear left and right like it's candy. I'm not sure how I feel about it.
New save or continued?
Started new and gear seems to slowly progress lvling up. Starting to find tier2 before i steal the chip. Lvl scaling i guess..
Either way, would take the fun out of it.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
New save or continued?
Started new and gear seems to slowly progress lvling up. Starting to find tier2 before i steal the chip. Lvl scaling i guess..
Either way, would take the fun out of it.

New save. Once you reach a certain level (30 something), orange loot is everywhere.

Luipadre

Man the expansion in RT mode on PS5+ OLED tv is a real looker holy shit. I switched to RT mode because the increased resolution looks much better, also the game drops a lot from 60 in dogtown and even tears with VRR on ( seriously the PS5 vrr sucks ass, yet to have a game where it actually eliminates tearing) 30 fps mode sucks in combat a bit, but atleast its stable and looks gorgeous af

Really digging the vibe of this story much more than the main game and the music is awesome too

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I'm bored out of my mind. The beginning is completely on rails. And futuristic Hillary Clinton is more capable than V. Help me open this door, madam president. I guess my 20 atribute points in body and gorilla arms aren't strong enough.

Puscifer

I love 2.0 it fixes the game in very subtle ways and I have no real complaints, redoing the cyber psycho quest with netrunner skills let me actually do some non lethal take downs on ones that seemingly HAD to be a fight.

Makes a good game even better

I'm bored out of my mind. The beginning is completely on rails. And futuristic Hillary Clinton is more capable than V. Help me open this door, madam president. I guess my 20 atribute points in body and gorilla arms aren't strong enough.
Do street kid, it's the fastest start to the main game

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

90% of main story was on rails and from what I’ve played the DLC so far, it seems like it’s even worse.

It’s crazy, they have this amazing RPG system, skill tree and everything but it’s not utilised in the actual story. It feels like there are 2 competing design philosophies. Very weird.

Chronicle

I decided to go back to my end game save and start PL that way. I was a former netrunner hacker and really want to get a bit more in your face. I did a full respec into body (shotgun/melee)/reflexes and tech. A completely different playstyle. I'm hoping to have fun. Perhaps I'll start a new game later.

GymWolf

90% of main story was on rails and from what I’ve played the DLC so far, it seems like it’s even worse.

It’s crazy, they have this amazing RPG system, skill tree and everything but it’s not utilised in the actual story. It feels like there are 2 competing design philosophies. Very weird.
Wait, is the whole dlc on rail and fast paced like the first mission?

I mean it make sense, dog town is incredibly small...

Certinty

Phantom Liberty is so good after the slow start. Story is interesting, new characters are great and Dogtown feels as shit and messy as intended.

Reminds me of why I fell in love with his game years ago. Good to jump back in.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This game has the greatest gun ever made. It is fucking evil.
Erebus
SMG. It's a DLC end game weapon and you can miss it based on your choices.

SJRB

Gold Member
The DLC. He actually has some insightful thoughts about the events in the game.

He's pretty deep in the base game as well. He starts out as a selfish asshole but the more you play the more he opens up. Of course this depends on your dialogue choices; if you tell him to fuck off at every turn you miss out on a lot.

I can see why Keanu's performance is hit or miss for people but the way Johnny Silverhand swings from full blown anarchist to deeply remorseful loner is expertly done.

In fairness I didn't really pick up all the nuances until my second playthrough.

MirageMew2

Phantom Liberty kicks ass. I love how all the main game fixers call you like “Oh shit, V in Dogtown!” And Idris Elba is exceptional here, easily outshining Keanu and possibly any celebrity game voice work to date (though that’s a low bar).

First thing I did after the starting mission was call Panam to see if any new dialogue opens up and sure enough my badlands girlfriend was excited to hear about my adventures in Dogtown. Just constantly reminded how lived-in Night City feels. Feels great to be back.

DeaDPo0L84

My problem with pt and rr other than what you mentioned is this oil panting effect on charas and locations, extremely distracting.

Now i switch between psycho and rtx off because i swear some scene looks better without rtx, maybe less realistic but just more pleasant to the eye.
There are a lot of give and takes with all this new technology. With that said it makes me excited studios are trying to push it cause eventually this will become more widely used. But Psycho RT, no bloom, and cranking DLSS Quality up to 80% resolution through DLSS tweaks gives me an amazing picture. If CDPR/Nvidia can fix PT and RR soon then I'll switch back, if not no big deal.

GHG

Over-overdrive is back on the menu boys:

I'm just using 2R3B for now. Difference is subtle, but it's there. 3B3R would be perfect but I'd have to sacrifice too much IQ for my taste (drop DLSS down to "balanced" @4k on a 4090) in order to maintain mostly 60fps.

These are some 2R3B screens with DLSS on quality:

dNWjDk.png

dNW8cQ.png

dNWkgm.png

dNW9vv.png

Last edited:

GHG

Also if you've got the GPU grunt (excess VRAM for your resolution is important) along with a decent nvme drive then use this LOD mod:

I've tested it and it's fully compatible with 2.0.

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

I got money from the "American Animal Defenders Association" via text. For supposedly saving a cat and a bird i guess. Does anyone know what that is about?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Over-overdrive is back on the menu boys:

I'm just using 2R3B for now. Difference is subtle, but it's there. 3B3R would be perfect but I'd have to sacrifice too much IQ for my taste (drop DLSS down to "balanced" @4k on a 4090) in order to maintain mostly 60fps.

These are some 2R3B screens with DLSS on quality:

dNWjDk.png

dNW8cQ.png

dNWkgm.png

dNW9vv.png
What kind of perf hit we talking? It looks pretty good already but 2 or more passes is taxing. If it still stays above 60 I may consider but for the subtelty I'd rather not chance potentially getting performance spikes.

Reactions: GHG
Guys I just can't get into this. It looks amazing but I don't feel like figuring out my build again. I just wanna run and gun. Just been basically forcing myself to get through it and I'm pretty bored. To me, it's no where near hearts of stone or blood and wine.

GymWolf

Guys I just can't get into this. It looks amazing but I don't feel like figuring out my build again. I just wanna run and gun. Just been basically forcing myself to get through it and I'm pretty bored. To me, it's no where near hearts of stone or blood and wine.
Maybe watch some guide on yt that explain all the perks and skill so you can program your build better?

Just visualize your playstyle, what weapon you like to use and spec accordingly.

You like running and gunning then reflex as a base for movements perks, body for tankiness, then decide if you like shotguns or arm attachments or other weapons to decide the third tree you wanna upgrade (you can only max out 3 of them).

The yellow perks can be re-used all you want so just experiment with stuff like i'm doing.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
You can find Idris Elba's character Reed in the main game before starting the DLC, while he's still undercover.

This is very cool attention to detail. He mentions that he's a bouncer in his 'other life'.

Minor spoiler, 2 missions into DLC:

You can find Songbird's escape pod in Dog Town but sadly there's no unique dialogue when Reeds calls you after safely delivering president to Washington.

Top Bottom