• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty |OT| RAM Recovery Rate 100%

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not reading the thread as I don't wanna spoil a thing, but having a great time with this so far!

Got a 4070ti and managing to get 4k60 most of the time with all the new 3.5, path tracing etc. goodness turned on. Game looks pretty insane at times. They somehow made the new area look even better. Story's good so far and more interesting/exciting than a certain other recent title. Probably on par with Cyberpunk act 1. Glad I decided to give it a revisit.

Grinded for some eddies before the heist so that I can get that Japantown cozy af apartment immediately at act 2. Some of these cyberpsychos are tougher than I remember.

Luipadre

Patch coming soon:

Performance improvements, ofc post launch... Probably coming after i finish the DLC. Not sure why im still buying games day 1 sigh

Performance mode drops a lot in dogtown on ps5, even has screen tearing. Its annoying

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Fuck man 55 hours down the drain. Game glitched on PS5, cops not shooting back or getting wanted stars. Not getting phone call for a quest. None of the save files work properly.

Fuck man 55 hours down the drain. Game glitched on PS5, cops not shooting back or getting wanted stars. Not getting phone call for a quest. None of the save files work properly.

I have made 25 saves for Starfield. Maybe this game needs same treatment.

Will keep that in mind.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Patch coming soon:

• Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it's not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.

This was so annoying that I went to audio settings and put everything down to 65 and kept radio at 100.

ebevan91

Has anyone else noticed there's a SHIT LOAD of helmets in this expansion? I cleared out my weapon and clothing inventory before the expansion and checked what all I've been picking up and there sooooo many helmets.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Has anyone else noticed there's a SHIT LOAD of helmets in this expansion? I cleared out my weapon and clothing inventory before the expansion and checked what all I've been picking up and there sooooo many helmets.

Yep but they kind of had to add some as it’s no longer the case that a wool hat adds armor…

Mikey Jr.

So I'm going through base 2077 right now.

In terms of skill trees, is it better to focus on 1 or 2 and max it out, or can I spread the points across all of them?

Because I've been spreading them, but will I be able to hit the top perks in them?

BouncyFrag

Still trying to get into a rhythm for the game. There is so much going on. At first is it best to focus on the main story before exploring side content, vice versa, or it doesn’t matter?

GymWolf

Still trying to get into a rhythm for the game. There is so much going on. At first is it best to focus on the main story before exploring side content, vice versa, or it doesn’t matter?
Really doesn't matter, you get experience and loot from everything you do, just do what you like when you like.

Maybe just surpass the heist mission because the game doesn't really start before that.

SJRB

Gold Member

You can honestly do what you want. The game doesn't fully open up until after the heist so if it's too overwhelming it might be good to take your time and get a bearing on the city district you're in, get a feel for the gameplay mechanics at play. Do some random hustles, get some eddies, flatline some gonks, buy and sell some weapons, spend some XP points on skills.

The game dunks a lot of info on you in the first few hours, that's for sure.

shubik

I would do some gigs and side missions after the heist just to get some eddies and upgrade your Implants. Get double Jump, a nice neuro deck sith enough capacity and quick hacks slots, as well as a couple of other augments that fit your playstyle as soon as possible. After that, the gameplay gets so much better.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Have you played any Ubisoft game over the past 10+ years? The structure is basically that and I personally play it like I play those games. The map is divided up into sections, right? So I do all the side shit I can in each section where the story is currently taking place before I even proceed to whatever story beat is next. Pretty simple stuff. The only arguable downside is that youre way overpowered for most missions, but its fucking cyberpunk dude and I wanna be a death defying badass.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

For me it looks like this: do a story mission, then some side mission, upgrade gear, do a gig and a couple of NCPD things to test new abilities / build / weapons, rinse and repeat.

I find it extremely addictive.

I’d say that with 2.0 and DLC there’s almost an overwhelming amount of stuff to do in this game now.

Flabagast

I love that completion of missions in the base game can effect missions in Phantom Liberty. Just did a mission where I was able to use my experience with The Passion braindance sidequests to pass some dialogue checks.
So what is the recommended starting point of the expansion in order to benefit from these interconnexions ? (Currently doing a new playthrough, game is so much better now)

Woggleman

I must admit I get excited sometimes when I see a red symbol thinking I am getting some rare item and then it turns out to be a hat or some gun I had twenty times before.

GymWolf

Find it kind of gross how often enemies in combat will just refer to fem V as a bitch a whore or a cunt, and I remember even quest NPCs I'm just talking with using language like that with her, although ATM I can't remember any specific examples of quest NPCs that did so. I kind of doubt enemies in combat are using that kind of gendered insults against male V. I haven't checked though so maybe enemies are calling male V a gigolo all the time. I doubt it.

Jesus christ :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Find it kind of gross how often enemies in combat will just refer to fem V as a bitch a whore or a cunt, and I remember even quest NPCs I'm just talking with using language like that with her, although ATM I can't remember any specific examples of quest NPCs that did so. I kind of doubt enemies in combat are using that kind of gendered insults against male V. I haven't checked though so maybe enemies are calling male V a gigolo all the time. I doubt it.

Fucking exactly :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Woggleman

The other forum needs to play Animal Crossing if they can't handle a dystopian cyberpunk game not being nice and PC. Nothing against Animal Crossing but maybe they should play something a little more family friendly.

geary

Gigolo is kinda cool…i want to be named that.

SJRB

Gold Member

Never go full retard.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Well pulled the trigger on the PS5 base version for 30€ because I'm actually having fun replaying the game, and it performs way better than on my PC.

Was considering going for the base version + Phantom Liberty, but for now I won't. Spider-man releases in 21 days.

Let's see how long they'll take to release a physical complete edition.

Last edited:

If you are still in act 1 before the heist, try out some of those side gigs to get money pretty quickly. Once you had your filled mainline until act 2 because thats just the tutorial son.

In act 2, once a big main mission is done like the Voodoo Boys, multiple long chain sidequests open up. I do them all before even thinking about continuing the main story.

Certinty

This game is not “fixed” and it’s laughable they claim it is three years on.

13 hours into Phantom Liberty and the game has crashed twice.

One boss battle showed up as him having 0% health and wouldn’t take any damage.

Another time enemies just stood around not doing anything and some didn’t spawn but showed behind closed doors on the map so I couldn’t progress.

A few other issues here and there too.

I love the game but come on.

Edit: Yep, all my saves are broken. Enemies won’t attack. Waste of 55 hours and 13+ on this expansion.

Going to try and get a refund. What a joke of a company with their broken shit.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

I'm mostly through my replay and ready to start PL. Only non-physics bugs I've experienced are the atomic love relic issue and I had 3 random tyger claws that just wouldn't die. Grenade, sniper to head, sword, spam quickhacks, etc. their health wouldn't budge so I just ran away.

Short of that, been an amazing replay and loving the re-work to the perk system. Police AI is what I hoped for at launch. The chases and roadblocks really make it more enjoyable.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I think the fact that they changed the title on the main menu is a pretty big deal that I haven’t seen any mentions yet.

CHSotKb.jpg

That’s some serious shit.

JonSnowball

This game is not “fixed” and it’s laughable they claim it is three years on.

13 hours into Phantom Liberty and the game has crashed twice.

One boss battle showed up as him having 0% health and wouldn’t take any damage.

Another time enemies just stood around not doing anything and some didn’t spawn but showed behind closed doors on the map so I couldn’t progress.

A few other issues here and there too.

I love the game but come on.

Edit: Yep, all my saves are broken. Enemies won’t attack. Waste of 55 hours and 13+ on this expansion.

Going to try and get a refund. What a joke of a company with their broken shit.
K9nhZwe.png

Works fine for me. 6/9 out of 4/20

So what is the recommended starting point of the expansion in order to benefit from these interconnexions ? (Currently doing a new playthrough, game is so much better now)
I don't know about a recommended starting point but I would suggest to just play normally and by the time you get to the mission that unlocks Phantom Liberty, you should have completed a bunch of questlines already.

mods haven't updated yet but it's so pretty i'm playing without them anyway
i'm starting over from the beginning but i couldn't resist peeking at expansion, that opening mission with songbird touching johnny was a pretty cool wtf moment to start the expansion.

SJRB

Gold Member
How can you not be in awe at the world CDPR created? The sheer magnitude and density of the urban sprawl is overwhelming. Everywhere you go, everywhere you look it's just layers upon layers upon layers. Even after 200+ hours I am still in constant amazement at the sights.

How is this game even real?

n6Xga6D.jpg

IuHXTkT.png

UQu3MPI.jpg

0Nyx09G.jpg

0S89KNm.jpg

AIDuLfx.jpg

Top Bottom