• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty |OT| RAM Recovery Rate 100%

SJRB

Gold Member
esqf71713fqb1.png

STARSBarry

Gold Member
There is a bunch of shit locked behind twitch, so much they made a fucking webpage explaining how you get it all.

There's also some SMG too which is going to be one of those things you can claim if you have twitch prime sub, but it's MIA at the moment.

Draugoth

Gold Member
There is a bunch of shit locked behind twitch, so much they made a fucking webpage explaining how you get it all.

There's also some SMG too which is going to be one of those things you can claim if you have twitch prime sub, but it's MIA at the moment.

I got the exclusive twitch streamer gun for 3 bucks.

For the helmet you need to watch one of these people:

4OH7HTF.png

hlm666

Specced into cool/reflexes/tech for this after playing the base game as a stealth netrunner. God damn is it brutal, full on ghost in the shell and apple seed vibes going on as i'm dashing around shooting and executing people with a katana in and out of slow mo. If there was a way to reload weapons while in melee it would be perfect no down time build.

About 4 hours in so far and the start of this DLC just feels like a love letter to the path traced mode, pretty cool if you have the hardware to manage it.

Roni

Gold Member

You don't need that shit, man... just play with the other myriad of equipment available.

GymWolf

The game doesn't feel that different gameplay wise and even if it is a bit harder very hard is still pretty cakewalk-y, and my build is a mess right now.

Hopefully the dlc is gonna feel more different and harder.

The big difference is the revamoed perks system and police being a bit more active, but they are still pretty dumb, they can't jump so you just need to get on a roof or behind a wall and they lose you, the system is clearly a last minute addition.

hlm666

The game doesn't feel that different gameplay wise and even if it is a bit harder very hard is still pretty cakewalk-y, and my build is a mess right now.

Hopefully the dlc is gonna feel more different and harder.

The big difference is the revamoed perks system and police being a bit more active, but they are still pretty dumb, they can't jump so you just need to get on a roof or behind a wall and they lose you, the system is clearly a last minute addition.
The DLC difficulty doesn't seem much different early in the DLC to me. My build is a mess atm aswell, don't have the implants really to compliment my new spec but I havn't even been paying attention to my health on hard or whatever one above normal was called. Only time i've die is when they disabled double jump and dash in a walky talky part and i basically fell to my death because I was expecting to have the 2nd jump available.

Tomeru

It's such a fucking bummer that romance stayed the same and didnt get any changes/additions (from what I read). Still early run, but no full on meredith stout romance fucking sux choom

GymWolf

Lol fuck the hell off with this shit :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Putting streamers and vg personalities inside the fucking game wasn't cringe enough i guess.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Do you active the stealth cyberware or you just get 100% invisible?

So normally the active camo is a one time use only item. You activate it, you become invisible for a couple of seconds and that's it, you have to wait for it to re-charge. But with that perk, it activates automatically when you're crouch-running and only drains its power for the duration of your run. So you can run from one place to the next, and then to the next and then to the next. And you stay invisible, as long as you're outside of combat of course. It's a game changer.

GymWolf

So normally the active camo is a one time use only item. You activate it, you become invisible for a couple of seconds and that's it, you have to wait for it to re-charge. But with that perk, it activates automatically when you're crouch-running and only drains its power for the duration of your run. So you can run from one place to the next, and then to the next and then to the next. nd you stay invisible, as long as you're outside of combat of course. It's a game changer.
IT sound too broken tbh :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

GymWolf

It's fun. My character relays on stealth, 2 shoots from shotgun and she's dead, so I'll take every advantage that I can get. Playing on v. hard as well.
I'm trying the direct approach for this run, relatively tanky but constantly under enemy fire.
Very hard is the only valid way to play the game, let's be honest :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Arachnid

I want what these people are taking because I ain't seeing it.
Meanwhile, I genuinly don't know how someone could watch the Cyberpunk trailers and not be blown away by the atmosphere, characters and world. Maybe it's a setting preference? Space sci-fi and cyberpunk are by far my two favorite genres/settings, and 2077 executed it's world with precision.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I'm trying the direct approach for this run, relatively tanky but constantly under enemy fire.
Very hard is the only valid way to play the game, let's be honest :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Never played it on anything else and I must say early game in 2.0 was really brutal compared to previous versions. I think I’m level 27 now and it’s way more enjoyable.

hlm666

How we lookin on all of the loose dildos lying around guys?

Guys?
What dildos? I see no dildos.. no i'm not walking funny, no you can't hear anything buzzing from in me.

On a seperate note, MidGenRefresh MidGenRefresh SJRB SJRB slimy was upset turk was going for a week and wouldn't be able to post more cyberpunk screens in the graphics thread. I think you guys should not ignore that thread to keep slimy happy.

Jokes aside you 3 guys have posted some great shots from 2.0

GymWolf

Never played it on anything else and I must say early game in 2.0 was really brutal compared to previous versions. I think I’m level 27 now and it’s way more enjoyable.
Yeah the beginning was harder but it has been smooth sailing since level 15 for me.

The nash legendary precision rifle you get in the first mission with panam shred motherfuckers and if you spec for tech weapons it gets even better.

Flabagast

Yeah in general very hard is very well recommended as it forces you to really dig deep on the magnificient RPG systems and make you really feel you are progressing and becoming stronger (although beginning is hard as a result)

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Yeah the beginning was harder but it has been smooth sailing since level 15 for me.

The nash legendary precision rifle you get in the first mission with panam shred motherfuckers and if you spec for tech weapons it gets even better.

Riders on the storm? It’s in my quest log, I’ll do it next. I prefer just to mess with new abilities in gigs, I find these the most fun as they offer various approaches compared to most of the main missions that are largely on rails.

Deanington

It seems like there is still bugs for me. After act 1, talking to Vik, and bringing up Johnny I cant back out of the convo to get his other options for cyberware. Even if you leave and come back it just asks to continue the conversation and goes right back into the two Johnny dialogue options.

gothmog

Gold Member
Cant wait to get on this once I'm done with starfield. I fired it up over the weekend and my god...the PC version has finally left the consoles in the dust.

GG CD project red. Thank you for making a true pc game.
I want to play on the PC but I'm not paying $60+ for the original and DLC to play it there. Guess I'll wait for the sale.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I never played the game when it came out originally, just got started with 2.0/PL. Can I make a stealthy sniper build that can also do the netrunner type thing? Or, is that spreading things too thin?

I really need to watch a video or two on how the specs work...

It seems like there is still bugs for me. After act 1, talking to Vik, and bringing up Johnny I cant back out of the convo to get his other options for cyberware. Even if you leave and come back it just asks to continue the conversation and goes right back into the two Johnny dialogue options.
The game has come a long way but it is still quite buggy, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. At least it autosaves often...

That said, compared to Starfield (the game I immediately played before this), the bugs in this game are comically insignifcant in comparison.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I never played the game when it came out originally, just got started with 2.0/PL. Can I make a stealthy sniper build that can also do the netrunner type thing? Or, is that spreading things too thin?

I really need to watch a video or two on how the specs work...

No, with the new DLC max level was raised to 60, you'll get enough attribute points to max out 3 of 5 skill trees.

Paltheos

Installed this last night. Looking forward to playing the DLC and exploring the new skill trees when I get off work.

Just came back from the hospital after a positive COVID test.

Had to call work and they gave me a week off. Guess i will use this time to play Phantom Liberty.

Feel better. You're an invaluable GAFfer (no one cares about the news as much as you do).

ebevan91

Loaded up my old netrunner V so I could play PL and things are little tougher now. Used to be able to just use Contagion and kill everyone in an entire building. Can't really do that now, or at least not yet.

Game is just f*cking fantastic, nothing like it and just oozes atmosphere. Best NPCs/voice acting out there. To be sure, the game should have released with all this just tied together, but we have it now and it really smashes. Here’s to another 90 hours baby

Bkdk

Cast wise the main game is better, few hours in, so far it’s ok. There is some new bugs in 2.0 for sure, like when mission tell you to talk to x character but you try to do some looting first and go back, sometimes the dialogue trigger won’t start and has to restart the game. First impressions around a solid 7/10 for me. Finishable and serviceable expansion so far.

CDPR really need to thank their art team because best part for cyberpunk is by far just driving or running around enjoying the sceneries.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Anyone got advice for an early-game melee build? I'm trying to build one but guns are way more effective. Even with investments in body and perks in blunt weapons, I don't deal that much damage and enemies just mow me down on Very Hard when I'm out in the open.

It's manageable with guns because I can take cover but I don't wanna use them. The coach near V's apartment also sell decently powerful melee weapons but they're crazy expensive. 13K for his best bat and I only have 20K.

Darn it, my game keeps crashing when I try to fast travel from the hotel with Hellman in the desert to the city. And I can't restart the game without it trying to cloud sync first, but cloud sync keeps failing due to heavy load--not sure if that's the issue or not. Anybody have anything similar going on?

Top Bottom